Sign in to follow this  
crazy_jamaican_lady

Respect

Does it ever seem like alot of people do not have any respect or honor these days...for others and even for them selves.

Unfortunatly you hit the nail on the head.

There are way too many people who are rude and pushy in the world. I guess NY has a bad rep for that, and I have to say it's true compared to other places I have visited. :( It also seems to be really easy for people to insult each other over the internet- if you don't have to look someone in the face it's easy to call them a retard or a loser without even trying to get to know them or understand where they're coming from. It seems like in the past people where more polite, like in my grandparent's generation in the 40's and 50's, and then people just started getting rude and mean in the 60's and just lost respect for each other. It's funny to see old movies and even the bums wore suits and ties and were polite to people.

People will talk **** and be disrespectful as long as they get away with it, the second they can't, they tend to apologize and move on.

As long as you're not a pushover, you shound't have anyone being disrespectful to you.