Sign in to follow this  
ArcaneKnight

My Little Brother Wants to Start Training MMA, So I Bought Him UFC Undisputed.

What do commercial airline pilots use when training on how to fly? A FLIGHT SIMULATOR.. Essentially a video game. They dont just put them in a real aircraft and say here, learn how to fly and land. Make a mistake and you're dead.

I look at UFC Undisputed as a Fight Simulator, which technically, it is. It is getting my little brother prepped up for the real thing, being in a real fight. By the time he gets in a real fight, I figure Undisputed will have him fully prepared for whatever any kid has to throw at him.. Its a win win.

Your parents are brother and sister aren't they?

Maybe they used a sex simulator to conceive you?

Maybe you were the product of tard rape.

I don't know what or who you are... but I know that I don't want you to live too long.

• Like 1

What do commercial airline pilots use when training on how to fly? A FLIGHT SIMULATOR.. Essentially a video game. They dont just put them in a real aircraft and say here' date=' learn how to fly and land. Make a mistake and you're dead.

I look at UFC Undisputed as a Fight Simulator, which technically, it is. It is getting my little brother prepped up for the real thing, being in a real fight. By the time he gets in a real fight, I figure Undisputed will have him fully prepared for whatever any kid has to throw at him.. Its a win win.[/quote']

I have to say that if you fell off the face of this earth it would be a blessing! I would love to rally up a group of us on this forum to beat you so badly that you would never be able to type a single letter let alone stupi half wit comments.

What do commercial airline pilots use when training on how to fly? A FLIGHT SIMULATOR.. Essentially a video game. They dont just put them in a real aircraft and say here' date=' learn how to fly and land. Make a mistake and you're dead.

I look at UFC Undisputed as a Fight Simulator, which technically, it is. It is getting my little brother prepped up for the real thing, being in a real fight. By the time he gets in a real fight, I figure Undisputed will have him fully prepared for whatever any kid has to throw at him.. Its a win win.[/quote']

when training to fly, the flight simulations use the exact same controls that would be in a real airplane. A flight simulation is exactly the same as flying a plane minus the actual flying and danger of dying if you mess up.

Playing a video game, however is far from being in a real fight. You cant learn to fight by pushing buttons on a controller, you have to actually fight. Yea he may learn what some holds/chokes are but that doesnt mean he will be able to execute them.

Real training is the only way he will learn properly

The results are in, he has seen results. WAYY better than enrolling him into Karate classes, where he'll only learn 1 martial art. I have him on a strict daily training regimen.

He works on his Karate for 3 hours, being trained by Lyoto Machida. He sharpens up his Mui Thai skills with Anderson Silva for 2 1/2 hours. I have Brock Lesnar training him dominant wrestling for 2 hours (which is one of the best bases to have in MMA btw). I have CroCop training him in kick-boxing for an hour and a half. Then I have Big N-O-G and BJ Penn taking turns training him in BJJ for an hour (30 minutes each). I only want the very best teaching my lil bro in all aspects. Settling for anything less would be unacceptable.

I have him on one of the most complete and advanced MMA training programs in existence. I soon plan on entering him into some local kid MMA competitions. I will record his fights and upload them to youtube so you all can see just how well rounded a UFC Undisputed trained fighter can be.

The results are in' date=' he has seen results. WAYY better than enrolling him into Karate classes, where he'll only learn 1 martial art. I have him on a strict daily training regimen.

He works on his Karate for 3 hours, being trained by Lyoto Machida. He sharpens up his Mui Thai skills with Anderson Silva for 2 1/2 hours. I have Brock Lesnar training him dominant wrestling for 2 hours (which is one of the best bases to have in MMA btw). I have CroCop training him in kick-boxing for an hour and a half. Then I have Big N-O-G and BJ Penn taking turns training him in BJJ for an hour (30 minutes each). I only want the very best teaching my lil bro in all aspects. Settling for anything less would be unacceptable.

I have him on one of the most complete and advanced MMA training programs in existence. I soon plan on entering him into some local kid MMA competitions. I will record his fights and upload them to youtube so you all can see just how well rounded a UFC Undisputed trained fighter can be.[/quote']

There is the real arcane that has been missing for the last 3 days haha classic

The results are in' date=' he has seen results. WAYY better than enrolling him into Karate classes, where he'll only learn 1 martial art. I have him on a strict daily training regimen.

I have him on one of the most complete and advanced MMA training programs in existence. I soon plan on entering him into some local kid MMA competitions. I will record his fights and upload them to youtube so you all can see just how well rounded a UFC Undisputed trained fighter can be.[/quote']

im telling you man.. little by little i start to like this guy more and more.. sorry but this was just so funny i laughed my **** off... btw AK thats about 9 and 1/2 hours of training... are you trying to kill this poor kid?? and if you mean this training is coming out the game then my god the kid must have blisters!! let him go outside!!

okay this is obviously a joke honestly no one is this dumb, he's just ****king with us, and we all fell for it.

What's really funny to me about his last post is they only have six styles in the game+ a few signature moves. All fighters use the same moves from the styles in varying combinations.

Boxing/Kickboxing/MuayThai

Wrestling/Judo/BJJ

and yet he's learning Nog and Penn for BJJ etc. etc.

Nog's BJJ in the game is no different than anyone elses with a BJJ style except maybe for a few signature moves.

im telling you man.. little by little i start to like this guy more and more.. sorry but this was just so funny i laughed my **** off... btw AK thats about 9 and 1/2 hours of training... are you trying to kill this poor kid?? and if you mean this training is coming out the game then my god the kid must have blisters!! let him go outside!!

Well if he ever gets in a fight at least he knows that in a grapple situation you hit the right stick to reverse the transition..And agreed the guy is f*cking hilarious even though he is a troll..The comment that at least his brother was learning from professionals by playing the game is Qoute of the Year

He wanted me to enroll him in some classes at this karate school down the street' date=' but I just went out and bought him an xbox 360 and the new UFC game. I figure playing Undisputed is the equivalent to taking a few months of BJJ classes and he can learn effective striking techniques. And if he gets good enough, he can say he has a couple years experience in both martial arts, and say that he's working on getting his black belts.

Atleast he'll be able to tell kids that who try to pick on him at school, so they'll think twice about messing with him. And if they do decide to mess with him, he'll knows all kinds of submissions, he'll know how to throw a proper punch. I look at the new UFC game as more than just a game, I look at it as a training program, but teaches him how to break kids arms and/or choke them out.

He can learn the submissions and see exactly how they're done with how realistic the game is. I figure in the long run it'll save me some money, and he can practice against real opponents online through xbox live. I look at it as a win win situation.

Anyone else done this for their little brother or nephew? Atleast you know they'll know how to fight by the time they get done beating the game. Cant go wrong with that.[/quote']

your a joke

Yea why? I dont have the money to enroll him into a karate school' date=' where he probably wont even learn anything. Atleast in the new game he can learn from professionals. And learn effective moves and techniques.[/quote']

no money for karate but money to buy them a 360 and a new video game. WHAT!?

i honestly feel like is he just gets really high, calls over a few friends, and says hey guys ima mess around with everyone on the forums lets see how long they go alogn with it... because i feel like it is impossible to be this stupid. i mean seriously, is it possible? i know some stupid **** people but they dont come within a mile of your stupidity. i mean wow, your just... stupid

make sure if someones coming at your boy on the playground with a running right hook he immediately taps up on his stick and executes a devastating slam. aint no bully's gonna wanna pick on something with skills like that.

I can just imagine a giant high schooler going up to his 6 year old brother and when the bully starts charging the kid takes out his 360 controller and starts rolling the right stick and saying "why isn't it working!"

I can just imagine a giant high schooler going up to his 6 year old brother and when the bully starts charging the kid takes out his 360 controller and starts rolling the right stick and saying "why isn't it working!"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Well, I think that nothing (let alone a video game) can replicate someone in front of you working with you personally. I can't use videos or video games or anything to help me. I need something hands-on.

Besides, its a video game. Its not to be all technically perfect.

I'm pretty good at that game too. :)

the game is the SHIZNET lol i love it.. and all ya tht think the idea is dumb u guys r WRONG. im not sayen u will b the p4p best fighter in a week by playen but i freaken GUARANTEE tht u will learn stuff and ya will become better fighters than ya r now!!!!!!!!!!!!!

make sure if someones coming at your boy on the playground with a running right hook he immediately taps up on his stick and executes a devastating slam. aint no bully's gonna wanna pick on something with skills like that.

Omg funny as hell xD

Tapping on that button over and over, go down already....It won't work...Ow crap

lmao..... My little brother would probably mop the floor with everyone on this forum now.

The kid is a trained assassin by way of UFC Undisputed..

the game is the SHIZNET lol i love it.. and all ya tht think the idea is dumb u guys r WRONG. im not sayen u will b the p4p best fighter in a week by playen but i freaken GUARANTEE tht u will learn stuff and ya will become better fighters than ya r now!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i think this game will get you in more trouble than anything. there so many subtleties that this game can't capture with two thumbsticks and a few buttons.

I learn by watching it be performed. So the game has actually taught me a little bit. That's not a dumb idea at all. Especially with a kid.

You should just teach those kids not to beat up your brother by roughing them up a bit.....although since I've heard your name around these forums, this topic and story is mostly a fallacy.

LOL! CLASSIC! Yeah thats a great idea buddy. Have a GAME teach him how to break kids arms or choke them out. Thats much better then a PROFESSIONAL! Your little bro is going to end up hurting someone else or himself very seriously. MMA isnt something to mess around with. Your sending him the wrong message.

HOLY CRAP!!! This one wasnt even hard to tell he was joking' date=' it was almost obvious.

LOL! CLASSIC [b']SUCKER[/b]!

He wanted me to enroll him in some classes at this karate school down the street' date=' but I just went out and bought him an xbox 360 and the new UFC game. I figure playing Undisputed is the equivalent to taking a few months of BJJ classes and he can learn effective striking techniques. And if he gets good enough, he can say he has a couple years experience in both martial arts, and say that he's working on getting his black belts.

Atleast he'll be able to tell kids that who try to pick on him at school, so they'll think twice about messing with him. And if they do decide to mess with him, he'll knows all kinds of submissions, he'll know how to throw a proper punch. I look at the new UFC game as more than just a game, I look at it as a training program, but teaches him how to break kids arms and/or choke them out.

He can learn the submissions and see exactly how they're done with how realistic the game is. I figure in the long run it'll save me some money, and he can practice against real opponents online through xbox live. I look at it as a win win situation.

Anyone else done this for their little brother or nephew? Atleast you know they'll know how to fight by the time they get done beating the game. Cant go wrong with that.[/quote']

hahaha good read bud, I agree 100%, all my training for wrestling and judo have come from that game and now I'm a stud in my university

i can't believe that people are still taking ak seriously

AK I have grown to love your threads because not only are they funny its the people who post in them make it grow into just pure comedy.

Althought I can see people gaining basic MMA knowledge from the game just by learning what different positions ETC. there was a Gracie BJJ video that taught BJJ how is this any different? If anything I think its better.

u should've went with the PS3 and UFC Undisputed 2010 ps3 version. For two reasons, 1) free internet which means your brother can test his skills against people online for free. 2) The UFC 2010 game for ps3 has 5 blu ray fights. he can watch forrest or lyoto show their skill. or the other guys

This is simply the most valid answer in this thread.