Sign in to follow this  
freedom

Gina Carano talks about her upcoming fight with Cyborg

http://fightmarks.com/story.php?title=gina-carano-talks-cris-cyborg-fight-and-the-growth-of-womens-mma

Q: Did you always know you were a tough girl growing up, or is toughness something you've discovered through martial arts that you didn't always know you had?

A: Oh, I always knew. I was strong, a tough little girl, and I think that's where it started. I wasn't like the other little girls around me. I was stronger and able to beat up little boys around me. Being a fighter started when I was a little girl.

Hey, I say give Gina a UFC contract. Dana should capitalize on her popularity. He can always just give challengers a one-fight contract, which they would jump at for the publicity and money, and if they win keep them around and extend it another fight or two. There are real opportunities with this, including expanding the fan base. My wife already digs mma, but if there was a woman, who also happens to be a pretty stellar fighter involved, it'd be even more intreaging. Even as a guy you can't tell me you wouldn't find that somewhat interesting to see in the middle of a main card...

Im ready to see the fight. DirecTV just gave my dad a year's worth of Showtime for free for being with them a year so now i dont have to watch it online

Not to sound like too much of snob, but I don't like how Strikeforce seems to be pulling for Carano because they want the "face of women's MMA" to be beautiful. As an 18-34 year-old man, I feel manipulated.

Not to sound like too much of snob' date=' but I don't like how Strikeforce seems to be pulling for Carano because they want the "face of women's MMA" to be beautiful. As an 18-34 year-old man, I feel manipulated.[/quote']

Lol course they want the face of womens MMA to be attractive... think about creating a larger womens MMA fanbase... If women are seeing big brutes (such as chris cyborg santos haha) then they are going to think exactly that, that womens MMA is just for women that appear like men lol. Now, i am trying hard not to disrespect cyborg to much, even though i obviously have, but it is very true. Women will straight away associate women MMA with big muscular aggressive women brutes.

Now if strikeforce want to expand women MMA, it makes sense to make a gorgeous 'model', and MMA fighter, Gina Carano, as the 'face of womens mma'. If she can do it - a seemingly harmless looking 'model' - then other women are going to be able to. It appears less threatening. When you watch her interviews, you would never think she was a fighter. I watch an interview with cyborg... and i get scared haha. Well not really, but hopefully someone gets where im going...

Gina is probebly the most attractive woman MMA fighter i have seen, and its a good job shes got skills aswell. She is a very popular fighter aswell. So she could possibly help with the increase of the popularity of womens MMA in the near future - especially if she beats Cyborg!! Which is going to be no easy task for her!!

Lol course they want the face of womens MMA to be attractive... think about creating a larger womens MMA fanbase... If women are seeing big brutes (such as chris cyborg santos haha) then they are going to think exactly that' date=' that womens MMA is just for women that appear like men lol. Now, i am trying hard not to disrespect cyborg to much, even though i obviously have, but it is very true. Women will straight away associate women MMA with big muscular aggressive women brutes.

Now if strikeforce want to expand women MMA, it makes sense to make a gorgeous 'model', and MMA fighter, Gina Carano, as the 'face of womens mma'. If she can do it - a seemingly harmless looking 'model' - then other women are going to be able to. It appears less threatening. When you watch her interviews, you would never think she was a fighter. I watch an interview with cyborg... and i get scared haha. Well not really, but hopefully someone gets where im going...

Gina is probebly the most attractive woman MMA fighter i have seen, and its a good job shes got skills aswell. She is a very popular fighter aswell. So she could possibly help with the increase of the popularity of womens MMA in the near future - especially if she beats Cyborg!! Which is going to be no easy task for her!![/quote']

I dunno, Kyra Gracie is pretty hot. Although, I think she is only doing BJJ right now.