Sign in to follow this  
Thechemicals

Nick Diaz Signs pro Boxing Contract with boxing promoter Don Chargin

The UFC was smart to let this joke of a man go a long time ago. Best thing for him is to continue failing at his triathlons. Diaz will look like an idiot doing boxing. Just because he beat up on a washed-up has-been that should have retired 5 years ago and a TUF failure does not mean he can box.

The UFC was smart to let this joke of a man go a long time ago. Best thing for him is to continue failing at his triathlons. Diaz will look like an idiot doing boxing. Just because he beat up on a washed-up has-been that should have retired 5 years ago and a TUF failure does not mean he can box.

The UFC didnt release him at his last showing in the octagon. Sadly you are a complete and utter rookie like most of the guys on this site. With all that the internet is and does to make people smarter you still post ignorance and stupidity.Ill go ahead and post the truth for you and do you a freebee but just know that you are beneath me in knowledge of MMA and overral intelligence.

Nick Diaz returned to the UFC as a substitute for Thiago Alves and defeated Josh Neer. Later the UFC was impressed and allowed him to fight Glieson Tibaue who he also defeated improving his UFC record to 6-4. The UFC offered Nick a contract and Nick said FU and left to sign with Gracie Fighting Championships.

To also continue this "UFC was smart to let him go" lie you are inventing. Strikeforce has not stripped Diaz of his belt or attempted any punishment or termination of contract since at a press conference it was noted that the UFC is interested in Nick Diaz.

Chew on that for a while rooo rooo roookie

Lets talk about Diaz when he beats someone. He's a punk. He's boxing because he can't keep his head on straight long enough to make it into a cage. Sure the UFC wouldn't mind bringing him back. He'll create a little buzz and make Dana some money. He's not a top contender, he'd be a stepping stone for someone. Just the fact that he said "FU to a UFC contract" shows he's a dips@#t.

God bless you' date=' keyboard sheriff.

Does this mean Nick's going to put his MMA career on hold? I really hope not.[/quote']

Im going to speculate on this and say that although he isnt in any immediate danger for failure to meet Jay Hieron, Nick is in jeopardy of losing money and sponsorships who were expecting him to be on showtime for the high draw Strikeforce card.

He isnt getting paid for his fight and it will be a while before he can fight again. Im going to say he will do 1-2 fights under contract. I dont believe he is in this for the career or pursuit of boxing but to make ends meet.

Well, he's a better MMA fighter than a boxer IMO. He doesn't have the power to KO these guys with the bigger gloves. That tip-tap crap won't cut it.

He needs to just stick to what he knows and use that BB in BJJ to his advantage. Its doing no good in a boxing ring.

Personally I feel its a dumb move on his part

Im going to speculate on this and say that although he isnt in any immediate danger for failure to meet Jay Hieron' date=' Nick is in jeopardy of losing money and sponsorships who were expecting him to be on showtime for the high draw Strikeforce card.

He isnt getting paid for his fight and it will be a while before he can fight again. Im going to say he will do 1-2 fights under contract. I dont believe he is in this for the career or pursuit of boxing but to make ends meet.[/quote']

Oh. Well, if that's the case then more power to him.

Lets talk about Diaz when he beats someone. He's a punk. He's boxing because he can't keep his head on straight long enough to make it into a cage. Sure the UFC wouldn't mind bringing him back. He'll create a little buzz and make Dana some money. He's not a top contender' date=' he'd be a stepping stone for someone. Just the fact that he said "FU to a UFC contract" shows he's a dips@#t.[/quote']

Actually he does not like the UFC. The Diaz interview is somewhere on youtube and their he explains that he loves to fight but doesnt give a crap about it as a sport because in the end it gets dilluted with greed and corruption and he already knows a couple organizations like that (UFC implied).

He left to Gracie Championships because he is a loyal Gracie student and respects them and wanted to try to save the hurt promo which eventually failed anyway. 4 of Diaz's opponents have been members or training partners of Diaz and have come out willing to fight him which Diaz finds extremely disloyal. Point being that Diaz is a loyal man no matter how f$^kin dumb everything else he does is. That is why he said no to the UFC. He doesnt respect the sport of MMA or the UFC.

Well' date=' he's a better MMA fighter than a boxer IMO. He doesn't have the power to KO these guys with the bigger gloves. That tip-tap crap won't cut it.

He needs to just stick to what he knows and use that BB in BJJ to his advantage. Its doing no good in a boxing ring.

Personally I feel its a dumb move on his part[/quote']

Not any dumber than being unable to pass a test to fight Hieron though lol. I would slap Nick if he werent so damn good.

Not any dumber than being unable to pass a test to fight Hieron though lol. I would slap Nick if he werent so damn good.

HAHA yeah. He should just go teach with Eddie Bravo at 10th planet if he likes to smoke LOL

The UFC didnt release him at his last showing in the octagon. Sadly you are a complete and utter rookie like most of the guys on this site. With all that the internet is and does to make people smarter you still post ignorance and stupidity.Ill go ahead and post the truth for you and do you a freebee but just know that you are beneath me in knowledge of MMA and overral intelligence.

Nick Diaz returned to the UFC as a substitute for Thiago Alves and defeated Josh Neer. Later the UFC was impressed and allowed him to fight Glieson Tibaue who he also defeated improving his UFC record to 6-4. The UFC offered Nick a contract and Nick said FU and left to sign with Gracie Fighting Championships.

To also continue this "UFC was smart to let him go" lie you are inventing. Strikeforce has not stripped Diaz of his belt or attempted any punishment or termination of contract since at a press conference it was noted that the UFC is interested in Nick Diaz.

Chew on that for a while rooo rooo roookie

Not so fast quickdraw. The only time he held a legitimate contract with the UFC was before the garbage your posting. In the instance your talking about' date=' all Diaz was able to secure was single fight deals with extensions if he won. He was NOT able to secure a multi fight contract with the UFC. The only reason the UFC even let him back was because they literally had NO choice. As I recall they wanted Jake Shields who knew he wasn't cut for the UFC at the time and opted out. That left him with the only choice they had in Diaz......they didn't even ink a deal until a day before the fight. The deal was only a single fight with an extension if he won, which he did. Know what they offered him even after he won a second time? Ya, just another single fight extension. They still weren't seeing any value in him. He wanted a contract with the UFC and the UFC laughed at him. They offered him what he was worth and he got mad (the realization that he was worthless at this point hurt his feelings). The result was he cried and starts spouting off at the mouth that the UFC is corrupt and starts shouting to anyone who would listen that he will go fight at this supposed Gracie Fight Championships. Most people with half a brain could easily see that the big GFC was just a lie to make Diaz feel better.

The only time he ever had a multi fight contract with the UFC was before all this BS. Don't ever forget his THREE CONSECUTIVE LOSSES in the UFC to Sanchez, Riggs and Sherk again. Don't ever forget that he was so pathetic in the UFC at this time that they canned his **** and terminated that contract after his loss to Sherk. Most importantly don't ever fool yourself into thinking that the UFC ever wanted him back. They had no choice but to bring him back when Shields cried about cutting weight.

If your going to sit around and act like your going to give me an education, you better paint the whole picture instead of your valiant effort at manipulating my words to fill whatever internet needs you may have.

For your efforts I will give you a prize. You really deserve it.

[img']http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=16695&stc=1&d=1142278157[/img]

Nicely done.

Nick and his bro are great boxers. I don't know how anybody sitting at home being a keyboard cowboy could be dissin Nick. That's crazy.

Slightly off topic for a moment but why does someone having an opinion that is anti Diaz make him a "keyboard cowboy" and crazy for dissing him?

Surely when people watch a sport they reserve the right to criticise the participants. Thats like saying if Kobe has a bad game you cant slag him off because "I'd like ot see you play against him".

If someone says something which is stupid, wrong, or just plain retarded I could see where you are coming from, but is there any reason why someone can not have a negative opinion on a fighter?

Btw, for the record I actually quite like nick diaz, so I'm not defending a point, just the right to make one.

It would be weird seeing Diaz in a pro-boxing match. When I get rocked, my first instinct is to take the opponent down, that would be a funny thing to see in the boxing ring. He doesn't have much power either, he's still one of my favorite fighters even if he does get thrashed in the ring.

Actually he does not like the UFC. The Diaz interview is somewhere on youtube and their he explains that he loves to fight but doesnt give a crap about it as a sport because in the end it gets dilluted with greed and corruption and he already knows a couple organizations like that (UFC implied).

I think this might be the interview in question:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWt4yhvpfiU

It actually gives a lot of insight into Nick's character. He's pretty smart even if he doesn't talk all that sophisticated.

yea try callin diaz a joke to his face man

Yeh you can act crazy and maybe call Chuck Liddel or Lyoto Machida a punk on the street and they will probably ignore you rather than kill you but Nick aint that nice. He will F you up

Nicely done.

Nick and his bro are great boxers. I don't know how anybody sitting at home being a keyboard cowboy could be dissin Nick. That's crazy.

crazy

Nick Diaz vs Bernard Hopkins would be something id pay for. Bernard will beat that boy back into MMA lol.

that would turn to a street-fight real quick!!

what a thought. it'd never happen though.

great news for diaz though. i think he's got a lot more power than he gets credit for. he knocked out robbie lawler with a straight hand moving backwards. a lot like anderson silva just did. where's the credit?? he beat the cr*p out of frank shamrock, i don't care what anyone says he wasn't THAT much of a pushover. and neither was scott smith. he beat down a dangerous close range slugger. with good boxing. good move i think.

he knocked out robbie lawler with a straight hand moving backwards.

Only Diaz didn't knock him out with a straight' date=' it was more like a looping right hand.[/quote']

I just looked at the highlight reel. You're both right. Or you're both wrong. He wasn't exactly moving backwards when he landed, but he definitely wasn't moving forward. Also wasn't exactly looping, but it wasn't completely straight either. Point being, it wasn't the hardest punch he could've thrown and it still knocked Lawlor on his chump ****.

I just looked at the highlight reel. You're both right. Or you're both wrong. He wasn't exactly moving backwards when he landed' date=' but he definitely wasn't moving forward. Also wasn't exactly looping, but it wasn't completely straight either. Point being, it wasn't the hardest punch he could've thrown and it still knocked Lawlor on his chump ****.[/quote']I know, but I didn't wanna say a "right hook". What I meant was that it wasn't a straight.

They are probably going to throw him cans like everyone else is doing...

If he fights someone good' date=' he will probably be tested positive for Marijuana and not be able to fight.[/quote']

LOL, if this means he be fighting with strikeforce anytime soon, then good!

for one reason or another i dont like him, or his brother, i always want them to loose.

i know this is stupid and juvenile but its the way the stand in a fight they (especially nick) reminds me of a sleestack.

i just watched the fight against scott smith again and have to say that was an unbelievable fight. scott smith was throwing scary haymakers the whole fight and diaz hardly blinked at them. one of the better fights i've seen. i hate how people talk about ufc like they're the only game in town. i've seen better fights outside of ufc lately. i haven't been pleased with ufc's since 94. the dream lightweight tournament was better than all the last ufc's combined. all those fights leading to the finals, alvarez vs kawajiri, alverez vs joachim hanson. scott smith vs benji radach was awesome. i thought cung le vs frank shamrock was a bad-**** fight. and i didn't pay a thing for anyone of em... now they're gonna do their counter-programming bit. so lame, they operate like a bunch of spoiled kids in a sandbox. they wanna patent a sport they didn't invent.

i just watched the fight against scott smith again and have to say that was an unbelievable fight. scott smith was throwing scary haymakers the whole fight and diaz hardly blinked at them. one of the better fights i've seen. i hate how people talk about ufc like they're the only game in town. i've seen better fights outside of ufc lately. i haven't been pleased with ufc's since 94. the dream lightweight tournament was better than all the last ufc's combined. all those fights leading to the finals' date=' alvarez vs kawajiri, alverez vs joachim hanson. scott smith vs benji radach was awesome. i thought cung le vs frank shamrock was a bad-**** fight. and i didn't pay a thing for anyone of em... now they're gonna do their counter-programming bit. so lame, they operate like a bunch of spoiled kids in a sandbox. they wanna patent a sport they didn't invent.[/quote']

Nick has only been knocked out once and that was after like 2 fights the same night and at the beggining of his career. If you can find the fight- its very surreal because even though he is knocked out, he doesnt look Ko'ed at all lol. Sh!t was almost creepy.

yeah i saw it recently. i also saw the rematch in ufc live way back when. this might be crazy!! but i have nick diaz behind fedor and anderson silva. those are my top 3 favorite fighters, i would rather watch them perform than anyone else. bj penn and eddie alvarez next. these are fighters who come to fight and can win with conviction. i'm tired of decision champs...

...so only 2 of my top 5 are in ufc...

yeah i saw it recently. i also saw the rematch in ufc live way back when. this might be crazy!! but i have nick diaz behind fedor and anderson silva. those are my top 3 favorite fighters' date=' i would rather watch them perform than anyone else. bj penn and eddie alvarez next. these are fighters who come to fight and can win with conviction. i'm tired of decision champs...

...so only 2 of my top 5 are in ufc...[/quote']

I totally understand where you are coming from man. I would prefer to see Nick fight than half of the UFC champions.

i read months ago right before bellator that strikeforce signed eddie alvarez. i know he wanted to take some time for his family after winning the tourney, i wonder what happens next. i think strikeforce signed him, but allowed him to compete in bellator anyway. hopefully, i would love to see him fight at strikeforce.