Sign in to follow this  
joshdfs

HW that can beat Lesnar?

And let's start this by leaving Fedor out of it, he isn't a UFC fighter and as much as I like the fighter, I am beginning to question his place in the HW ranks without fighting HIGH caliber oponents in their prime!

That being said who in the HW ranks stands the best shot at beating Lesnar and why? Have some substance to your argument and support your point!

I personally think Randy or Noguiera both could beat him on the strength of the adaptability of their styles. Remember Randy was schooling the big fella and had him befubbled a bit before that giant fist of Lesnar's grazed off the side of his head and took him out. Nogueira in the past has proven to be very durable and always a threat. The much vaunted Fedor couldn't stop him.

Other than them no other HW to me has shown the all around skillset it would take to offset the huge size and strength advantage Lesnar would have.

Big N0g: Elite bjj, without staph. Fedoor has never been able to ko or sub him. Brock will tire after 3 or 4 round and N0g will get the sub.

Carwin: Stronger than Brock, same hieght and weight and has shown the ko power to turn anyones lights off.

And let's start this by leaving Fedor out of it' date=' he isn't a UFC fighter and as much as I like the fighter, I am beginning to question his place in the HW ranks without fighting HIGH caliber oponents in their prime!

That being said who in the HW ranks stands the best shot at beating Lesnar and why? Have some substance to your argument and support your point!

I personally think Randy or Noguiera both could beat him on the strength of the adaptability of their styles. Remember Randy was schooling the big fella and had him befubbled a bit before that giant fist of Lesnar's grazed off the side of his head and took him out. Nogueira in the past has proven to be very durable and always a threat. The much vaunted Fedor couldn't stop him.

Other than them no other HW to me has shown the all around skillset it would take to offset the huge size and strength advantage Lesnar would have.[/quote']

As much as I love Randy he just doesn't have the size to compete with Lesnar. He's always had trouble with huge HW ( besides Tim lol ). I think he'd get mashed again.

I think Nog could catch him in a submission perhaps but I think Lesnar would do the monster mash on him too.

I think right now Carwin has the best chance of beating Lesnar if he can stop the takedown. The thing is Lesnar has good reach and a lightning fast takedown for his size.

There is no one in the HW division that can beat Brock right now... IMO Carwin has the best chance but I see Brock getting him to the ground and controlling him from there. Big Nog dosent stand a chance Brock is to big, quick and powerful for him. Randy gave him a run for his money but he dosent pose a real threat to Brock IMO... Brock is going to dominate for a long time

There is no one in the HW division that can beat Brock right now... IMO Carwin has the best chance but I see Brock getting him to the ground and controlling him from there. Big Nog dosent stand a chance Brock is to big' date=' quick and powerful for him. Randy gave him a run for his money but he dosent pose a real threat to Brock IMO... Brock is going to dominate for a long time[/quote']

Believe your forgetting just how much Brock slows down after the 2nd round, if N0g last till then and yes it's a big if, you have a new ball game with N0g.

Believe your forgetting just how much Brock slows down after the 2nd round' date=' if N0g last till then and yes it's a big if, you have a new ball game with N0g.[/quote']

Exactly, I thought Nog would have been a better matchup than Mir from the get go!

Believe your forgetting just how much Brock slows down after the 2nd round' date=' if N0g last till then and yes it's a big if, you have a new ball game with N0g.[/quote']

I think Brock would just keep it standing with NOG. Hes to slow and not strong enough to KO brock. I could see Brock KOing nog pretty easily, or knocking him down then pounding him out for the win

I think Mir with a better game plan and not so over confidant is his ground game, could do allot better than he did maybe even pull off a sub late in the second, He did rock brock a little in there second fight and the whole 15 or 20 seconds they where on there feet he looked good. I believe he didn't combat the take down to much (not that he has much take down defense in the first place) or did much to get out of the bad position because he believed he was Superior on the ground and didn't think brock good do much he didn't realize he was in trouble till he ate a few big punches and then i was to late.

Now before you start to argue that i was watching a different fight or that im a mir nut hugger and im crazy let me say im not really a mir fan, and i base that over confidantes leading to trouble theory on Mir telling his corner hes fine instead of actually putting a hole lot of effort into getting out, and too brock stating how his training partners get out of that position easily.

Randy, is to out sized and when he has been at a size disadvantage in the past he would use is wrestling ability to bridge the gap, that want work with the big man, So i think it just a matter of time before brock clips him or get a shot in.

NOG,with out staff i don't know if he can be KO or stooped, so i would agree that if he weathered the earlier storm than he can prove dominate 3,4,5 and maybe pull in a sub.

Shane, Has a good chance because he briges the size and power gap better than most thats about it.

Kongo, Has one of the best chance i think if he good learn some freaking take down defense witch i dont think is ever going to happn so.

Cain, Has no chance i think because he is just a great wrestler with what appears to be not ko power, And brock is a better wrestler and has a huge power and size advantage.

Mir or Nog by sub. Perhaps (don't laugh) Hague or Carwin by tko. In each scenario by belief comes from the superior skill of the fighters versus pure physical strength- though hopefully Hague or Carwin are close enough in that way too.

big nog - probobly one of the best bets for beating brock. if he gets it to the ground, i could see him subbing brock similar to the way he did tim silvia.

shane carwin - just as big and probobly just as strong as brock. Has similar strengths to brock, in his wrestling ability. i'd say carwin might have an advantage in the stand up too, with his one punch knockout power, which brock hasn't showcased yet.

crocop - if he lands a square head kick, it's good night brock.

gonzaga - he has a good ground game off of his back, so if it goes there (which with brock, it probobly will) he should be alright. he's shown to have a fair stand up game too, dropping several of his last few opponents (even dropping carwin before getting ko'd himself) heck, he could pull a crocop head kick out of no-where again and i'd be happy.

cain - while i don't think he's ready to face brock right now, he could well be a contender in a few years.

kongo - if he works on TDD then he'd have a fair chance, if not, then he'd be held down and beat on, like cain did to him.

al-turk - will obviously KO brock with the first punch and be called the best pound for pound fighter in the world.

carwin. he has the size and speed and i think he has more power than lesnar, that shot on gonzaga was insane (the amount of power he generated without hyper extension)

plus he has very good wrestling and since he's been out with his broken nose he's been with an olympic strength and conditioning trainer so hes going to be faster and stronger in the cain fight.

Nogueira can beat Brock if the fight goes to the ground. The problem is how is Nog going to get Brock down to the ground, bearing in mind Brock's elite wrestling credentials and size???

I'd like to see Lesnar take on Cain Velasquez.. I think it would be an awesome fight either way. I also think Cain might have a good chance with him depending on the circumstances. Who ever it is they have to be someone that can deal or even neutralize Brock's monster wrestling attributes. Whom ever it is will have their work cut out for them no matter what. Don't get me wrong. I am not a huge fan of Brock's antics and WWE style persona, but he is an animal. And even though some may say he hasn't put in the blood sweat and tears to be where he is currently at in the UFC. The reality is that since Mir beat him he has slaughtered the top of the heavyweight division, Even already avenging that only pro MMA loss. So whether or not you believe he deserves to be where he is at, he proves time and time again he's far beyond good enough to be exactly where he's is. And that just demonstrates the raw talent and determination of his character...

There are a lot of fighters who could win against Brock. The guy has very questionable standup and in the HW division only one punch can be the difference. I think best chances have very good ju jitsu guys or good striker who can avoid the ground

cro cop will beat brock and will expose his weak chin. once cro cop beats dos santos it will be good night brock. if dos santos beats mirko hes also got a good chance as his got a good all round game with serious ko power

There are a lot of fighters who could win against Brock. The guy has very questionable standup and in the HW division only one punch can be the difference. I think best chances have very good ju jitsu guys or good striker who can avoid the ground

ya but its hard cause hes incredibly strong but i do agree

According to wikipedia Carwin will get a chance at brock if he beats velasquez at 104:-

Carwin's next match will be against Cain Velasquez at UFC 104. with the winner getting a title shot against Brock Lesnar

Outside of Fedor and Carwin there's no one. Dos Santos maybe if he can just blitz him with superior striking and get the KO. On the ground in top position Brock is unstoppable btw.

I think Shane Carwin can beat him. He has the size, strength and wrestling skills to challenge Lesnar in a way that he has never been challenged in an MMA fight before.

I also think that whoever wins this season of the Ultimate Fighter will be able to give him some serious trouble. The TUF winner will have just as many UFC fights as Lesnar and will have done it against larger opponents.

I think Shane Carwin can beat him. He has the size' date=' strength and wrestling skills to challenge Lesnar in a way that he has never been challenged in an MMA fight before.

I also think that whoever wins this season of the Ultimate Fighter will be able to give him some serious trouble. The TUF winner will have just as many UFC fights as Lesnar and will have done it against larger opponents.[/quote']

yeah i didnt consider this but your probably right, it would be safe to say that who ever comes out of tuff will have faced atleast equal competition as brock.

mir already did and can do it again

Did you not watch that fight??? Frank was getting owned. I don't know how much you were drinking that night but I was fairly intoxicated. Brock was not paying attention and Frank caught his ankel. But up until that point Brock was murking him (sorry all you halo guys I don't play)

I just got to looking at some of Brock's pictures, For being as big of a freak of nature that he is, He's got some tiny legs.

I can see a drunk guy in a bar sitting WAY in the back yelling "Hey Brock, those your legs or are you riding a chicken?"

why would mir even attempt a stupid knee when one foot was already trapped. he's been watching too much WEC with urijah faber. he's not athletic enough to pull that off. his striking looked good but until he can match it with some takedown defense he doesn't deserve another shot at brock. the same result will keep happening. brock's too much in top position. end of story. big nog could probably handle brock being on him. he'd still lose the D but he'd make a go of it. maybe get a sub. probably not but maybe.

I just got to looking at some of Brock's pictures' date=' For being as big of a freak of nature that he is, He's got some tiny legs.

I can see a drunk guy in a bar sitting WAY in the back yelling "Hey Brock, those your legs or are you riding a chicken?"[/quote']

he's 280. his legs are huge. don't kid yourself. sean sherk has tiny legs thoug, comparitively to his upper body. lesnar has big legs. they just don't swell up like arms and chests so after being worked out forever.