Sign in to follow this  
_AA_

Thickest beard? (not Kimbo, I mean best chin)

I searched and didn't find anything, so if there is one already my apologies.

Who do you think has the best chin/can take the most punishment?

I'm probably gonna have to go with bigNog, even after his last fight with Mir.

I searched and didn't find anything' date=' so if there is one already my apologies.

Who do you think has the best chin/can take the most punishment?

I'm probably gonna have to go with bigNog, even after his last fight with Mir.[/quote']

clay guida can take sum punishment

Cabbage....that dude has taken some punishment and not gone down

Damn, yeah i would have to agree hes up their i forgot all about the guy really.

And i would say a staffless NOG

Hands down Guida and Hendo. I don't remember who Guida was fighting, but I recently saw him take a full on roundhouse kick between the eyes as he was ducking. Dude was on his feet again before I even realized he fell. Then Hendo because Bisping couldn't hurt him no matter how hard he hit him and the fact that he didn't die in the Rampage fight.

Then Hendo because Bisping couldn't hurt him no matter how hard he hit him and the fact that he didn't die in the Rampage fight.

That's not exactly the greatest chin tester. Bisbing doesn't hit hard but yeah Dan's got granite and so does guida.

But the hardest chins in MMA belong to either Cabbage or Mark Hunt

Those two guys are pretty much impossible to KO especially Hunt.

I saw him take a Cro Cop head kick full blast and survive. The one Nog took was childsplay compared to how it landed. It was one of the hardest shots I've seen anyone take and he didn't flinch let alone fall down.

Clay Guida can certainly take some punishment. Heath Herring deserves mention for not being KO'd by that punch from Lesnar that sent him into a back somersault.

Clay Guida can certainly take some punishment. Heath Herring deserves mention for not being KO'd by that punch from Lesnar that sent him into a back somersault.

Good point, and the fact he fought pretty much an entire fight since that punch landed within the first 10 seconds if I'm not mistaken. Bob Sapp gave up after having his orbital bone broken, Heath fought the rest of the fight with Brock :eek:

I have to agree that Cabbage has the all time best chin. The punishment that guy took from Tim Silvia before his corner threw in the towel was crazy! I think he would have just stood there and got punched in the face all day if it wasn't stopped. Jeremy Horn used to have a really good chin. Jeff Monson also deserves a mention, he always takes big shots cause he's so short but always seems to shrug them off.

That's not exactly the greatest chin tester. Bisbing doesn't hit hard but yeah Dan's got granite and so does guida.

But the hardest chins in MMA belong to either Cabbage or Mark Hunt

Those two guys are pretty much impossible to KO especially Hunt.

I saw him take a Cro Cop head kick full blast and survive. The one Nog took was childsplay compared to how it landed. It was one of the hardest shots I've seen anyone take and he didn't flinch let alone fall down.

Yeah that kick that Mark Hunt ate was crazy:) but he isnt what he used to be anymore. He was KOd by Manhof

List of guys who have failed to KO Dan Henderson.

Gilbert Yvel

Wanderlei Silva

Vitor Belfort

Quinton Jackson

Anderson Silva

Rich Franklin

Michael Bisping

And others.

I don't think there's any other guys in the sport who have fought both Rampage and Wandie and haven't been KO'd by one of them. Let alone guys who have also not been KO'd by Anderson Silva. Even other guys on our "best chin" list have fallen victim to those three names repeatedly, yet Dan has fought all of them, including Wandie twice, and he hasn't been KO'd once.

Hendo's is good.

Rampage's is, and will be tested against Rashad in about 6 months.

Guida is stout.I want to see BJ take him out if he ever gets the chance.

Nog is horrible, dude falls down left and right anymore.

I think the reason Guida has such a good chin is mainly his cardio. Im sure he has a great chin and all but fighters with good cardio can recover much faster from a hard shot.

Let me explain a little

When Wanderlei was in his prime he fought Mark Hunt ( one the hardest punchers and a HW ) Wand got rocked early and later took a shot that I believe even Hendo couldn't take. He basically pulled guard and recovered and came back to eventually win the fight. It was amazing. Lately Wand has showed signs of his wars and maybe doesn't have the chin he used to.

I agree Hendo has one of the hardest chins in the game but I don't think he has ever taken

a shot as hard as Wand did against Hunt. He literally flew off his feet and on the slow mo his jaw moved inches away from his face. Saying Dan survived Gilbert Yvel is not a big deal. If Yvel connects flush on anyone there going to sleep. Micheal Bisbing LOL.

Just because someone hasn't been stopped doesn't mean they have the greatest chin.

It more likely means they haven't been hit real hard. Although Dan has a good one Cabbage has a better chin like Joe says concrete n stuff in there.

The only people I can think of that really landed real hard shots that should have KO'ed Dan but didn't was Carlos Newton and Wand in there first fight and maybe Quinton.

hendo's chin is human, as is everyone's. he wasn't KOed by silva but he was pretty much KOed by silva. He was hurt badly and silva got an elementary choke applied with not much resisting it. that counts as a KO to me, not a sub. I don't care what the records show.

shogun's chin is under rated. little nog really smashed him a few times and he recovered very very quickly. Also, overeem landed a big upkick on him in their second fight and shogun's expression didn't even change. patrick cote deserves a mention too. and you know what. heart and conditioning keeping fitch alive against GSP should be praised too. That was five rounds of sh*t kicking. I don't generally count the 155s because they aren't being hit with nearly as much power. the 170s to a point, also. the great chins are at 185, 205 and open weight where even crappy fighters have one strike KO power.

I think the reason Guida has such a good chin is mainly his cardio. Im sure he has a great chin and all but fighters with good cardio can recover much faster from a hard shot.

Let me explain a little

When Wanderlei was in his prime he fought Mark Hunt ( one the hardest punchers and a HW ) Wand got rocked early and later took a shot that I believe even Hendo couldn't take.

He basically pulled guard and recovered and came back to eventually win the fight. It was amazing. Lately Wand has showed signs of his wars and maybe doesn't have the chin he used to.

I agree Hendo has one of the hardest chins in the game but I don't think he has ever taken

a shot as hard as Wand did against Hunt and saying he survived Gilbert Yvel is not a big deal. If Yvel connects flush on anyone there going to sleep. Micheal Bisbing LOL.

Just because someone hasn't been stopped doesn't mean they have the greatest chin.

It more likely means they haven't been hit real hard. Not saying Dan hasn't been hit hard but he hasn't taken shots like Cabbage

or Wand.

The only people I can think of that really landed real hard shots that should have KO'ed Dan but didn't was Carlos Newton and Wand in there first fight and maybe Quinton.

Aaron Riley has a solid chin. Spencer Fisher broke his jaw early in their fight and Riley carried on. Doctors stopped the fight between rounds but Riley was convinced he could continue.

Let me explain a little

When Wanderlei was in his prime he fought Mark Hunt ( one the hardest punchers and a HW ) Wand got rocked early and later took a shot that I believe even Hendo couldn't take. He basically pulled guard and recovered and came back to eventually win the fight. It was amazing. Lately Wand has showed signs of his wars and maybe doesn't have the chin he used to.

a shot as hard as Wand did against Hunt. He literally flew off his feet and on the slow mo his jaw moved inches away from his face. Saying Dan survived Gilbert Yvel is not a big deal. If Yvel connects flush on anyone there going to sleep. Micheal Bisbing LOL.

It more likely means they haven't been hit real hard. Although Dan has a good one Cabbage has a better chin like Joe says concrete n stuff in there.

Dan's not exactly Mr Technical. He's been ****ing blasted a ton of times. The man doesn't have front teeth any more.

Dan's not exactly Mr Technical. He's been ****ing blasted a ton of times. The man doesn't have front teeth any more.

I know I was just trying to make a point that there are a few in the sport that may be able to take a harder shot. Everyone automatically says Hendo because he's never been KO'ed. I would agree he's up there some where for the title of toughest chin but not quite

the # 1 guy. Cabbage for one can take more punishment I think.