Sign in to follow this  
HuNtEr_S_tHoMpSoN

Ufc armbar....or Crowbar???!!!! READ!!!

... All MMA skills will work in a street fighting match. Just depends on how greasy your opponent is... and remember, no matter how greasy the opponent is, an MMA fighter can do the same thing. If a crowbar is involved, and the MMA fighter has a crowbar, more then likely the guy who is a machine with a crowbar will win..

Its pretty standard idea... Skills + illegal strikes + illegal weapons > No skills + illegal strikes + illegal weapons.

So Ive said for a long time that most of BJJ wouldnt work in a street fight.... I didnt count on this. =)

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum.posts&thread=1506766&page=1

Looks like the kid was going to submit the other kid and dad got mad. 100% chance that kid was going to get tapped out. Dad knew it.

I mean, how embarrassing is it to lose in front of your entire family?

Looks like the kid was going to submit the other kid and dad got mad. 100% chance that kid was going to get tapped out. Dad knew it.

I mean' date=' how embarrassing is it to lose in front of your entire family?[/quote']

Yeah, but what a ****ty family.

Whats a UFC armbar? Is it like an armbar but with more hype?

It's what Dana tried to do to Fedor, but he slipped out of it and went to Strikeforce instead. :P

It's what Dana tried to do to Fedor' date=' but he slipped out of it and went to Strikeforce instead. :P[/quote']

Didn't realize Fedor had such great submission defense.

The comment 'you would think a 37 year old man would know better than to hit a teenager over the head with a crowbar'. I love how specfic the woman has made it. Of course, if it was a 35 year old hitting a twelve year old with it, that would make perfect sense, wouldn't it? Next time I think about hitting someone with a crowbar, I'll make sure to check their age first.

The comment 'you would think a 37 year old man would know better than to hit a teenager over the head with a crowbar'. I love how specfic the woman has made it. Of course' date=' if it was a 35 year old hitting a twelve year old with it, that would make perfect sense, wouldn't it? Next time I think about hitting someone with a crowbar, I'll make sure to check their age first.[/quote']

i mean dont hate on the woman, her sons head got smashed by some guy so of course she's gonna articulate it to make it sound as bad as it can

i mean dont hate on the woman' date=' her sons head got smashed by some guy so of course she's gonna articulate it to make it sound as bad as it can[/quote']

She was emphasizing the maturity one is supposed to have at 37. That is the age where you really dont want to end up in prison or get your life messed up. Too late in the game to make mistakes- dont worry some of you will understand clearly when you get their.

Looked like the kid had locked in a pretty solid triangle until the dad brained him with the crowbar. What a load of ****e... although... lets face it here people, they should have been doing this in a dojo or a gym... not on the asphalt of a parking lot.

Looked like the kid had locked in a pretty solid triangle until the dad brained him with the crowbar. What a load of ****e... although... lets face it here people' date=' they should have been doing this in a dojo or a gym... not on the asphalt of a parking lot.[/quote']

BJJ will work anywhere, especially against a rookie like that kid who practically swept himself. This is the street though and anything goes, thats why everyone should get a license and carry a blade or gun because their is always an idiot out their willing to cheat you of your life.

Looked like the kid had locked in a pretty solid triangle until the dad brained him with the crowbar. What a load of ****e... although... lets face it here people' date=' they should have been doing this in a dojo or a gym... not on the asphalt of a parking lot.[/quote']

At least the kids were man enough to go head up instead of using weapons.

At least the kids were man enough to go head up instead of using weapons.

We dont know that the kid had the crowbar and the dad took it from him to fight one on one via hands but then realized his son brought the crowbar because he knew he'd get his **** kicked and so the dad did what his son was going to do from the start.

i mean dont hate on the woman' date=' her sons head got smashed by some guy so of course she's gonna articulate it to make it sound as bad as it can[/quote']

She was emphasizing the maturity one is supposed to have at 37. That is the age where you really dont want to end up in prison or get your life messed up. Too late in the game to make mistakes- dont worry some of you will understand clearly when you get their.

True, true. Not hating the poor woman, just always interested in the language we use, and how specific we get. I mean, generally, you would think that once you understand what iron is you would be regarded as too wise to hit someone over the head with it, regardless of your age. We seem to bring up age a lot as a qualifying factor where it's not needed, is what I'm trying to say.

eg My gran did once say 'I'm 76, and have never felt the need yet to look at **** on the internet'

a) Her age is irrelevant - she hasn't forsaken the grubby underside of the web for 76 long years, has she - it wasn't there for most of them.

B) Yet? Not totally ruled it out as an option I notice.

Used to be body slams and pyle drivers due to WWE and kids imulating what they see on tv...Now you have MMA on almost every channel what do you expect that is the side effect of children watching things they need not.MMA should be likeX.X.X 18 plus to watch period

Used to be body slams and pyle drivers due to WWE and kids imulating what they see on tv...Now you have MMA on almost every channel what do you expect that is the side effect of children watching things they need not.MMA should be likeX.X.X 18 plus to watch period

yeh.

I disagree. What kids need, IMHO, is a good swift kick to the ase. And their parents need to be a little more of a part in their kids lives.

Yeah, but which is really more dangerous? I remember practicing the torture rack on my friend when I was a kid, but we weren't stupid enough to try a pile-driver on each other, even though we were stupid.

... All MMA skills will work in a street fighting match. Just depends on how greasy your opponent is... and remember' date=' no matter how greasy the opponent is, an MMA fighter can do the same thing. If a crowbar is involved, and the MMA fighter has a crowbar, more then likely the guy who is a machine with a crowbar will win..

Its pretty standard idea... Skills + illegal strikes + illegal weapons > No skills + illegal strikes + illegal weapons.[/quote']

This is totally true, but unfortunately so is this......

Mad MMA skills + legal strikes + no weapons < No skills + illegal strikes + illegal weapons

such is the reality of street fighting, "no rules" apply, that old man would wanna watch his back after pulling that ****, ill bet his time will come, he'll need more than a crowbar the next time, ive got some storys id rather not tell, revenge is sweet, god understands

such is the reality of street fighting' date=' "no rules" apply, that old man would wanna watch his back after pulling that ****, ill bet his time will come, he'll need more than a crowbar the next time, ive got some storys id rather not tell, revenge is sweet, god understands[/quote']

He'll get his comeuppance in jail when his rear entrance is spread wider than an airplane hanger.

He'll get his comeuppance in jail when his rear entrance is spread wider than an airplane hanger.

If the HBO series Oz is to be believed, the fat old guys tend not to get raped. He might end up on the receiving end of a bludgeon though.

i cant stand cheap shots and weapons. guns should be used defensively only and anything else just points out that u couldnt do it youself. sissy stuff in that vid