Sign in to follow this  
Thechemicals

Gina Carano vs Cyborg Santos fight breakdown by MMAGOD

Cyborg Santos is from the chute boxing academy where she trains with the agressors of MMA and her husband who is also nicknamed Cyborg. She is going to come agressive and look to break Gina's spirit and body down in the first round with charging hard haymaker punches which will put her into the clinch and follow up with devastating knees,elbows, and dirty boxing moves. Santos is looking to make the best possible 1rst round in the event that this goes to decision or that Gina's form begins to overcome her in the later rounds. She will be using that agression seen in so many chute fighters to take out the smaller Gina and her reach to pepper her. Santos's plan of attack will remain the same the whole fight except at a slower pace after round 1. Round 2 and 3 will be her most vulnerable rounds where she will become sluggish and lean into her punches more and more because of fatigue. However, she will not have taken as much damage from Gina and will likely win the 2nd round also thru power punching and follow up kicks in her combos. Round 3 will be her biggest test and i see her either backpeddling and using her reach to stall and/or retrieve energy to launch isolated assaults on Gina or using the Thai clinch to stave off Gina's striking which will by the late rounds begin to shine.

Gina Carano from extreme Couture, a camp which has had some quietude as late with the divorce at play of the Couture's for god knows what and Randy's recent loss to Brock Lesnar thru Knock out. A number of fighters from the camp have also recieved devastating or upseting lossess such as Forrest, Amir, Danzig, Bonnar, and Wandy. This definatly wont give the camp fame or fortune but they have had the lot of Jay Hieron, Vitor Belfort, and Kampman hard at work for upcoming fights to bring some energy back into the gym. Im going to speculate and say that the training Gina is recieving at Couture camp is not specific to Cyborg's tactics and quite possibly generic in nature. This is terrible if true and would result in Gina being absolutly destroyed round by round. The plan of attack for Gina to win has to be well thought out and tape reading till your eyes hurt is important. I just dont think this is happening though and it is a shame considering she had Randy, one of the best tacticians in MMA. Lets say it is, then knowing Randy and Hieron- They will want this fight on the ground and will be looking to submit Santos by round 2. The plan would be reasonable and ask that Gina test her standup against Santos for round 1 and if she is comfortable and confident that she could defeat her in that manner then she will continue. However, common sense has already told team Couture that Santos has the reach and agression over Gina so they will want Gina to get takedowns and some solid ground n pound then finish with a Submission. If this doesnt happen i fear Gina will lose.

Overall i have this fight picked as Gina by Submission round 2. If she doesnt than Santos will get the Decision.

Cyborg Santos is from the chute boxing academy where she trains with the agressors of MMA and her husband who is also nicknamed Cyborg. She is going to come agressive and look to break Gina's spirit and body down in the first round with charging hard haymaker punches which will put her into the clinch and follow up with devastating knees' date='elbows, and dirty boxing moves. Santos is looking to make the best possible 1rst round in the event that this goes to decision or that Gina's form begins to overcome her in the later rounds. She will be using that agression seen in so many chute fighters to take out the smaller Gina and her reach to pepper her. Santos's plan of attack will remain the same the whole fight except at a slower pace after round 1. Round 2 and 3 will be her most vulnerable rounds where she will become sluggish and lean into her punches more and more because of fatigue. However, she will not have taken as much damage from Gina and will likely win the 2nd round also thru power punching and follow up kicks in her combos. Round 3 will be her biggest test and i see her either backpeddling and using her reach to stall and/or retrieve energy to launch isolated assaults on Gina or using the Thai clinch to stave off Gina's striking which will by the late rounds begin to shine.

[b']Gina Carano[/b] from extreme Couture, a camp which has had some quietude as late with the divorce at play of the Couture's for god knows what and Randy's recent loss to Brock Lesnar thru Knock out. A number of fighters from the camp have also recieved devastating or upseting lossess such as Forrest, Amir, Danzig, Bonnar, and Wandy. This definatly wont give the camp fame or fortune but they have had the lot of Jay Hieron, Vitor Belfort, and Kampman hard at work for upcoming fights to bring some energy back into the gym. Im going to speculate and say that the training Gina is recieving at Couture camp is not specific to Cyborg's tactics and quite possibly generic in nature. This is terrible if true and would result in Gina being absolutly destroyed round by round. The plan of attack for Gina to win has to be well thought out and tape reading till your eyes hurt is important. I just dont think this is happening though and it is a shame considering she had Randy, one of the best tacticians in MMA. Lets say it is, then knowing Randy and Hieron- They will want this fight on the ground and will be looking to submit Santos by round 2. The plan would be reasonable and ask that Gina test her standup against Santos for round 1 and if she is comfortable and confident that she could defeat her in that manner then she will continue. However, common sense has already told team Couture that Santos has the reach and agression over Gina so they will want Gina to get takedowns and some solid ground n pound then finish with a Submission. If this doesnt happen i fear Gina will lose.

Overall i have this fight picked as Gina by Submission round 2. If she doesnt than Santos will get the Decision.

Really good overview of what the fight could be. I?m not that interested yet in the women fighting yet since i still have to see something that blows me away, but still find it intriguing.

Tonights Strikeforce cards should at least be interesting and fun to watch.Im specially looking foward to the Mousasi and Babalu and the Melendez Ishida one. Should be interesting enough...

I like Mousasi but Babalu has the tools and experience to win this.

Dont really know how to call it, since i like Mousasi and I?ve been quite impressed with his performances, but Babalu, as you say, its an experienced fighter. I would actually like a win by Mousasi

Mousasi and Cyborg FTW...

Mousasi will murder Babalu...

Cyborg will not tap to Gina.. Cyborgs ground game is tight, as is her stand up. Gina will need a box of dynamite to budge Cyborg. Period.

In the end... Tonights event in strikeforce will probably be the best so far because they finally have some good fighters fighting instead of has beens or nobodies..

Alot of upsets and shock has been going around' date=' Gina might fall prey to the trend.[/quote']

Gina is the under dog... there will be no upset if she loses, she is meant to lose.

Mousasi was the underdog, until the betting odds were smoothed out. Now Babalu is the heavy under dog.. which is logical.

Alot of upsets and shock has been going around' date=' Gina might fall prey to the trend.[/quote']

So which is it Almighty One?

So which is it Almighty One?

Lol, if you read the title correctly "Gina Carano vs Cyborg Santos fight breakdown by MMAGOD ". I think its not done by him....

Lol' date=' if you read the title correctly "Gina Carano vs Cyborg Santos fight breakdown by MMAGOD ". I think its not done by him....[/quote']

MMAGOD is my title. Self-proclaimed. My choice has already been made on the original post. Gina by Submission .

Lol' date=' if you read the title correctly "Gina Carano vs Cyborg Santos fight breakdown by MMAGOD ". I think its not done by him....[/quote']

I know it's tough to swallow, but this was him calling himself a god.

It's just like a little child, sometimes you just have to let them have their way or they throw temper tantrums.

Gina is the under dog... there will be no upset if she loses' date=' she is meant to lose.

Mousasi was the underdog, until the betting odds were smoothed out. Now Babalu is the heavy under dog.. which is logical.[/quote']

Agreed, Cris Santos is a MAN.

She is a fawking beast, but I don't think she has very good cardio, so Gina might win a decision.

Mousasi is 2 times the fighter that Babalu is.

Agreed' date=' Cris Santos is a MAN.

She is a fawking beast, but I don't think she has very good cardio, so Gina might win a decision.

Mousasi is 2 times the fighter that Babalu is.[/quote']

Excuse me, excuse me. I thank you all for my great predictions.

Speaking of being on fire... your numbers were far from "on fire" tonight.

I see your MMAGOD abilities are dwindling more as each event passes..

The Almighty has spoken. And The Almighty was oh so wrong. I question one who calls himself a GOD but is constantly wrong.

No faith in this GOD.

Thanks for confirming what everyone knew all along.

Before you go to bed' date=' whisper to your mirror how much of a GOD you are. It will make you sleep easier.

[img']http://dontdatethatdude.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/internet-geeks.jpg[/img]

The Almighty has spoken. And The Almighty was oh so wrong. I question one who calls himself a GOD but is constantly wrong.

No faith in this GOD.

Before you go to bed' date=' whisper to your mirror how much of a GOD you are. It will make you sleep easier.

[img']http://dontdatethatdude.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/internet-geeks.jpg[/img]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. LOFL

I have an extreme dislike for posers.

No faith in this GOD.

Hey!!! next time you rape someone, at least use lube!..

I can officially say, Chemypants was just PWN3D!!

i think everyone with half of an ounce of mma knowledge knew cyborg and mousasi would dominate. i have been saying both of these things for weeks, months in the cyborg case. Gina actually surprised me and showed up tonight. she should have done interviews though. it's a bed precedent that bj penn set against gsp. if anyone loses by tko they refuse to stick around for even one minute of questions as if it's life or death. it's bullsh*t. all the money being paid in a sport looking to acquire a larger fanbase and they don't have 1 or 2 minutes for the fans.

i think everyone with half of an ounce of mma knowledge knew cyborg and mousasi would dominate. i have been saying both of these things for weeks' date=' months in the cyborg case. Gina actually surprised me and showed up tonight. she should have done interviews though. it's a bed precedent that bj penn set against gsp. if anyone loses by tko they refuse to stick around for even one minute of questions as if it's life or death. it's bullsh*t. all the money being paid in a sport looking to acquire a larger fanbase and they don't have 1 or 2 minutes for the fans.[/quote']

Well, she officially has zero credibility now, in my opinion. Can't blame her for not wanting to stick around.

this is the easiest 5 for 5 on a main card that i've ever predicted. almost no fights that could have gone either way. melendez looked great. taylor proved ot be one dimensional like always but i haven't seen it yet and you can only trust internet breakdowns so far.

I agree. Hieron was the safe bet' date=' but I decided to test out an underdog.. That was obviously a poor decision on my part.[/quote']

meh, we all make obviously poor decisions once in a while. i still can't believe i thought rashad would do okay against machida. i was blinded by jackson camp hype.

Its like looking for a needle in a haystack with predictions for fighters outside of the UFC. Hieron took the fight on short notice and so did Jesse, noone could really get a good pick in.

Hieron has shown that he has learned nothing though and this win was because Hieron is just better and Jesse is too green and unprepared. Same old Hieron and Nick could have destroyed him.

Gina was so speculative, her camp did nothing for her but i blame her mostly for so much pussifooting with interviews and appearances and overall a no show of fierceness. I knew round one would be her worst round but figured she could tough it out but the manbeast was too strong for her. Cyborg was definatly the right pick for this fight based on training,camp, and physique.

Babalu did exactly what he does when he lossess, he lost badly. Mousasi didnt make this much of a fight and im always weary of fighters who tend to finish people off quickly because they prove to have shortcomings against good fighters who they couldnt finish by blowing their wads.

Melendez was going to win this 100%. He is the best trained fighter on the card and worked his **** off with guys like Nick Diaz and Bj Penn. He is focused, ready, and able to take a fight anywhere.

Its like looking for a needle in a haystack with predictions for fighters outside of the UFC. Hieron took the fight on short notice and so did Jesse' date=' noone could really get a good pick in.

[b']Hieron[/b] has shown that he has learned nothing though and this win was because Hieron is just better and Jesse is too green and unprepared. Same old Hieron and Nick could have destroyed him.

Gina was so speculative, her camp did nothing for her but i blame her mostly for so much pussifooting with interviews and appearances and overall a no show of fierceness. I knew round one would be her worst round but figured she could tough it out but the manbeast was too strong for her. Cyborg was definatly the right pick for this fight based on training,camp, and physique.

Babalu did exactly what he does when he lossess, he lost badly. Mousasi didnt make this much of a fight and im always weary of fighters who tend to finish people off quickly because they prove to have shortcomings against good fighters who they couldnt finish by blowing their wads.

Melendez was going to win this 100%. He is the best trained fighter on the card and worked his **** off with guys like Nick Diaz and Bj Penn. He is focused, ready, and able to take a fight anywhere.

Ummm. I think you need to go see some more Mousasi matches. But apparently you have seen them all havent you? Mousasi... I have yet to see gas in a major promotion. But that might not be enough proof for you, as most likely your brain will tell you that he has cardio issues...

Lol i was right about all my guesses:)

So did I (on the main card)!

GO TEAM PLANET!!!

CAPTAIN PLANET... HES A HERO... GONNA TAKE POLLUTION DOWN TO ZERO!!!

Ummm. I think you need to go see some more Mousasi matches. But apparently you have seen them all havent you? Mousasi... I have yet to see gas in a major promotion. But that might not be enough proof for you' date=' as most likely your brain will tell you that he has cardio issues...

So did I (on the main card)!

GO TEAM PLANET!!!

CAPTAIN PLANET... HES A HERO... GONNA TAKE POLLUTION DOWN TO ZERO!!![/quote']

Yeh i didnt say his cardio was bad. I was thinking more like Soul assassin vs. Evan Tanner where the guy came in hard and fast and powerful(Mousasi) against Tanner and being a good fighter and a veteran Tanner let the kid blow his wad and then manhandled him into a TKO.

Mousasi is on the right track in fighting a big name like Babalu. He definatly needs a win against someone good where his initial onslaughts dont end the match quickly. Ring time with a good opponent is important in gaining experience and last night he proved that he can take advantage of a situation and win fast. That is all.

And yes i have watched his premier fight in the USA only and a couple vs some decent names. I dont spend anytime watching fights that happen in Japan or the Netherlands unless i know that fighters are great. The skill level in Japan and Netherlands is subpar so i dont watch events their. Easy to rackup wins their.

Sokuojo is his next opponent, that will be his coming out party. After that he should consider a 3 fight deal in the UFC.

Yeh i didnt say his cardio was bad. I was thinking more like Soul assassin vs. Evan Tanner where the guy came in hard and fast and powerful(Mousasi) against Tanner and being a good fighter and a veteran Tanner let the kid blow his wad and then manhandled him into a TKO.

Mousasi is on the right track in fighting a big name like Babalu. He definatly needs a win against someone good where his initial onslaughts dont end the match quickly. Ring time with a good opponent is important in gaining experience and last night he proved that he can take advantage of a situation and win fast. That is all.

And yes i have watched his premier fight in the USA only and a couple vs some decent names. I dont spend anytime watching fights that happen in Japan or the Netherlands unless i know that fighters are great. The skill level in Japan and Netherlands is subpar so i dont watch events their. Easy to rackup wins their.

Sokuojo is his next opponent' date=' that will be his coming out party. After that he should consider a 3 fight deal in the UFC.[/quote']

... He has fought big names.. Jacare? Manhoef??? Nah. they are only small potatos.... right guys??? RIGHT!!?

Ring time with a good opponent? Yeah that will surely make the difference... he has fought like 30 times and lost two of them. He trains with Fedor at Red Devil.... I am pretty sure experience will come when they can put him up against someone of equal caliber. Strikeforce will not find anyone in that ship, nor will Dream.

Did you REALLY JUST SAY JAPAN IS SUBPAR!!!!!? and the NETHERLANDS!!? Wow. Thats it. You have surpassed the word idiot.. and are now coming up on mega-idiot... You are the only person to achieve a word specifically for you. Apparently guys, Eddie Alvarez, Joachim Hansen, Shinya Aoki (number 1 LW in the world), Tatsuya Kawajiri, Takanori Gomi, Mach, etc. are subpar... That sure does make sense.