Sign in to follow this  
SpiderSilva21

Jiu Jitsu

It really depends on how fast you pick it up, but I would say at least 8 yrs. There are different levels of training and who you get your belt from makes a big difference. If it ends in Gracie or Noguera I think you are in good shape or if your instructors got their belts from them or Brazil. There are also some piss poor instructors giving away belts too.

I got my blackbelt in 6 months flat. I dont expect people to get it as fast as I got mine. Ive had years of MMA experience, been watching MMA since UFC 1. Im able to pick up on things much faster than your average person. Just because of all the knowledge I've obtained over the years and being around the sport since its birth.

You cant put a price on the techniques I know. Sure you could pay an instructor to give you a blackbelt and certify you, but what good is that? You should learn the art and earn it. Thats what I did. But be patient my friend, it could take you years to grasp the art of Jui Jitsu and earn your blackbelt. Stick with it kid, you'll get there 1 day.

I got my blackbelt in 6 months flat. I dont expect people to get it as fast as I got mine. Ive had years of MMA experience' date=' been watching MMA since UFC 1. Im able to pick up on things much faster than your average person. Just because of all the knowledge I've obtained over the years and being around the sport since its birth.

You cant put a price on the techniques I know. Sure you could pay an instructor to give you a blackbelt and certify you, but what good is that? You should learn the art and earn it. Thats what I did. But be patient my friend, it could take you years to grasp the art of Jui Jitsu and earn your blackbelt. Stick with it kid, you'll get there 1 day.[/quote']May I ask who you got your belt from and where?

I got my blackbelt in 6 months flat. I dont expect people to get it as fast as I got mine. Ive had years of MMA experience' date=' been watching MMA since UFC 1. Im able to pick up on things much faster than your average person. Just because of all the knowledge I've obtained over the years and being around the sport since its birth.

You cant put a price on the techniques I know. Sure you could pay an instructor to give you a blackbelt and certify you, but what good is that? You should learn the art and earn it. Thats what I did. But be patient my friend, it could take you years to grasp the art of Jui Jitsu and earn your blackbelt. Stick with it kid, you'll get there 1 day.[/quote']

:cool: lol. At first I just thought you were retarded, but I'm starting to see that there's no way you could be doing anything other than just posting ridiculous stuff to get a rouse.

You cant put a price on the techniques I know. Sure you could pay an instructor to give you a blackbelt and certify you, but what good is that? You should learn the art and earn it. Thats what I did. But be patient my friend, it could take you years to grasp the art of Jui Jitsu and earn your blackbelt. Stick with it kid, you'll get there 1 day.[/quote']

Now it's obvious how much of a troll you are.

Now it's obvious how much of a troll you are.

Someone sounds mad they've been training their whole life and have gotten nowhere near close to obtaining a black belt. Dont hate on me for my skills and talents because I got my blackbelt in a matter of months from one of the most prestigious and respected Jui Jitsu academies in the industry.

Dont hate the player, hate the game.. Player hater...

Someone sounds mad they've been training their whole life and have gotten nowhere near close to obtaining a black belt. Dont hate on me for my skills and talents because I got my blackbelt in a matter of months from one of the most prestigious and respected Jui Jitsu academies in the industry.

Dont hate the player' date=' hate the game.. Player hater...[/quote']

ive been training jui jitsu for 3 and 1/2 months... please point me in the direction of your MMA gym so i can out grapple the crap out of you... please tell me where you train and who gave you your BB

Where do you train?

Wow.......I have never seen someone so full of ****t in my life.

Okay I can't work out whether ArcaneKnight is just an idiot living in fantasy land, or purposely being ridiculous in order to generate alot of responses, if its the latter, its working very well, if not, I feel sorry for you.

However onto the original thread, it would probably take, unless you train a hell of alot, anywhere between 6-10 years, you can do in less time if you are a very good athlete, BJ Penn did it in 3 years, Frank Mir did it in 5 years, and I'm sure there are other examples of modern day MMA fighters who acheived their black belt very quickly.

honestly it depends upon your instructor if you train at a mcdojo you will easily get a belt in like 2-3 years at a legit place probably 7-10 the only exception really is bj (that i can think of right now)

There are also a lot of people who aren't actually certified to give those belts out.

Really and how would i know if my teacher is certified to promote me?

I practice Jiu Jitsu and Boxing. Both only as sparring and training.

Really and how would i know if my teacher is certified to promote me?

I practice Jiu Jitsu and Boxing. Both only as sparring and training.

Well the place I go is a Gracie academy, the instructor has a black belt but only when Royce is in town.

Depends on your teacher and depends on your skills. Some teachers seem to be giving them out like candy while others rarely give them out at all.

Just so you know belts don't really mean a whole lot. Ive submitted a few blackbelts with certain techniques Im really good at but Im only a brown belt ( took me 4 and 1/2 years ) and for the most part the blackbelts still school me position wise but I can hang with them. The higher status just means there better overall or possibly a good teacher themselves.

I believe it took BJ something like 3-4 yrs. and He was a prodigy so keep that in mind.

Where r u getting a bjj black belt in three years' date=' I would seriously question that. Unless I am talking to BJ Penn.[/quote']

agreed anyone who doesn't train bjj would never say 3 to 4 years unless you are talking to a super stud world champ athlete.

Where r u getting a bjj black belt in three years' date=' I would seriously question that. Unless I am talking to BJ Penn.[/quote']

Depends on your teacher and depends on your skills. Some teachers seem to be giving them out like candy while others rarely give them out at all.

Just so you know belts don't really mean a whole lot. Ive submitted a few blackbelts with certain techniques Im really good at but Im only a brown belt ( took me 4 and 1/2 years ) and for the most part the blackbelts still school me position wise but I can hang with them. The higher status just means there better overall or possibly a good teacher themselves.

I believe it took BJ something like 3-4 yrs. and He was a prodigy so keep that in mind.

really wow. Who do you train with and how often. Also if you don't mind me asking the difference in size between you and the black belt.(IM NOT CALLING YOU A LIAR IM JUST WONDERING)

really wow. Who do you train with and how often. Also if you don't mind me asking the difference in size between you and the black belt.(IM NOT CALLING YOU A LIAR IM JUST WONDERING)

When I was a kid I did wrestling and boxing and later got into muay thai so I've always been a good athelete. When UFC came out I got interested in BJJ and bought some instructional tapes and trained often with friends for a few years. As BJJ got more popular

a school opened near me. The instuctor was a Blackbelt under the Machado's. I got my blue belt under him but was closer to getting my purple belt when I left. I moved away.

Soon after that I joined a MMA club in my area and the guy that teaches BJJ there is a blackbelt under Royler. It took me a year to get my purple belt but 3 more yrs. to get my brown.

We train alot without gi and my instructor has two friends that are black belts and have thier own shools but they come down to help out sometimes. One of them is a Judo black belt the other is BJJ also like my teacher. With the gi both of them school me although the judo guy is not as good on the ground ( amazing throws though ) without the gi I have submitted the judo guy three times although he's submitted me more. The BJJ guy I have submitted once and to his credit he rolled with half a dozen other guys before rolling with me. I caught him with a kimura from the guard which Im really good at. He catchs me all the time with you name it and he wipes the floor with me with the gi. Literally under 10 min. My teacher Im lucky to last 5 min gi or no gi. He's a really good practioner but not as good a teacher as the Machado guy I got my blue belt from.

Anyway I really would rather not drop any names but I can tell you I train with serious guys. There good but we don't have any world champions at the gym if you know what I mean and Im sure I could find a more notable school but I do this for fun and self defense not professionally and it's close to where I live.

Thats interesting since its common knowledge bj penn is the fastest american to achieve black belt status. everyone just needs to read the thread by mr freshy and start ignorg this guy. that way we can spend more time discussing what is really important to us.

BJ Penn won a bbj world title as a blue belt. Vincent M (not gonna try to spell the last name) from ultimate fighter 2 seasons ago won a world title as a brown belt. I did Judo as a teen ager and my teacher was a gold medalist. He was super stingy with belts. There was no test you could ask to take, just his opinion. I remember going out to tournaments wearing my white belt after 3 years and seeing guys move up from other dojos. Guys I routinely beat. Heck i ever remember seeing some 8 year old with a purple belt. The thing I love most about martial arts and wrestling is that what anyone thinks about you doesn't matter. You just go out on the mat and perform and at the end of the night you have nobody to blame but yourself if you lose and no one to share the glory with if you win. Team sports are more subjective. Coaches have to pick who to play and what plays to call. So if your wanting to study BJJ, do it for the knowledge and the competition. Don't fixate on a belt, cause if thats all you want you can buy a blackbelt at the store for a few bucks.

Well, if it takes awhile to obtain a Black Belt, the younger you start the better, I'd assume. If you wanted to get your child into it, it'd be a good idea to do it when they're 5 or so. That way they won't be 20 something starting out flat with zero experience. And if they don't want to do it, tell them "Tough Luck it'll make you a better person."

When I was a kid I did wrestling and boxing and later got into muay thai so I've always been a good athelete. When UFC came out I got interested in BJJ and bought some instructional tapes and trained often with friends for a few years. As BJJ got more popular

a school opened near me. The instuctor was a Blackbelt under the Machado's. I got my blue belt under him but was closer to getting my purple belt when I left. I moved away.

Soon after that I joined a MMA club in my area and the guy that teaches BJJ there is a blackbelt under Royler. It took me a year to get my purple belt but 3 more yrs. to get my brown.

We train alot without gi and my instructor has two friends that are black belts and have thier own shools but they come down to help out sometimes. One of them is a Judo black belt the other is BJJ also like my teacher. With the gi both of them school me although the judo guy is not as good on the ground ( amazing throws though ) without the gi I have submitted the judo guy three times although he's submitted me more. The BJJ guy I have submitted once and to his credit he rolled with half a dozen other guys before rolling with me. I caught him with a kimura from the guard which Im really good at. He catchs me all the time with you name it and he wipes the floor with me with the gi. Literally under 10 min. My teacher Im lucky to last 5 min gi or no gi. He's a really good practioner but not as good a teacher as the Machado guy I got my blue belt from.

Anyway I really would rather not drop any names but I can tell you I train with serious guys. There good but we don't have any world champions at the gym if you know what I mean and Im sure I could find a more notable school but I do this for fun and self defense not professionally and it's close to where I live.

alright that sounds more reasonable. Especially about the part of you doing better with no gi