Sign in to follow this  
ArcaneKnight

I'm Getting Tired of All You Fake Bandwagon Jumping MMA Fans..

I swear.. You kids need to pick your favorite fighters and stick to them. Im getting tired of kids and when a fighter wins a championship title, that fighter is all of a sudden everyone's new favorite fighter.

Case and point.. Lyoto Machida.. NOBODY liked him, infact everyone hated him, said "he was boring this and that, they should cut him, all he does is win decisions..blah blah blah.." Lyoto Machida was one of my favorite fighters since day 1. Way before he ever even fought in the UFC. I've been a fan of Machida ever since he beat Stephan Bonnar. Since day 1, Machida has been my favorite fighter. I was the only 1 sticking up for him in the UFC. I was one of the few people that could enjoy how technical he is, and how hard he makes it for fighters to hit him. Machida breaks fighters mentally, to where they give up physically.

So stop bandwagon jumping. Im getting tired of you kids. Just like people who watch the NFL.. You ask them who their favorite team is, and 90% of the time, they'll tell you the team that just won the championship. Like it makes you cool and you can "fit in" now. No, it doesnt make you cool, you're some bandwagon jumping scrub, and only like fighters once they get popular and win. You're not IN with the "in" just because it got trendy to like a certain fighter, and you only like them because everyone else likes them.

Lyoto Machida was my favorite fighter when he was no one elses. Now go back to liking Rampage, or Forrest, or Rashad, and leave my fighter alone. You didnt support him before he was champ, dont come around here supporting him now. You're not welcome to support him. Stay away from my favorite fighters I've never betrayed, and have been supporting since day 1. Im getting tired of you kids, thinking you can hate on a fighter 1 day, then the next day praise him like he's your favorite fighter.

Trying to make people think you know MMA because you got Fedor, Lyoto Machida, Anderson Silva, GSP, and Bj Penn in your sig. No you arent an educated fan.. You just see hundreds of other people with the same sig, and think you're "in" on the know. I look at anyone and everyone with that sig as fake MMA fans just trying to fit in. Just stay away from my fighters, talk trash all you want, but dont let me catch you talking all that ish, and then next day have them in your sig as your favorite fighter. That doesnt fly around here kid. I dont tolerate fake bandwagon jumping socalled "MMA fans".

I swear.. You kids need to pick your favorite fighters and stick to them. Im getting tired of kids and when a fighter wins a championship title' date=' that fighter is all of a sudden everyone's new favorite fighter.

Case and point.. Lyoto Machida.. NOBODY liked him, infact everyone hated him, said "he was boring this and that, they should cut him, all he does is win decisions..blah blah blah.." Lyoto Machida was one of my favorite fighters since day 1. Way before he ever even fought in the UFC. I've been a fan of Machida ever since he beat Stephan Bonnar. Since day 1, Machida has been my favorite fighter. I was the only 1 sticking up for him in the UFC. I was one of the few people that could enjoy how technical he is, and how hard he makes it for fighters to hit him. Machida breaks fighters mentally, to where they give up physically.

So stop bandwagon jumping. Im getting tired of you kids. Just like people who watch the NFL.. You ask them who their favorite team is, and 90% of the time, they'll tell you the team that just won the championship. Like it makes you cool and you can "fit in" now. No, it doesnt make you cool, you're some bandwagon jumping scrub, and only like fighters once they get popular and win. You're not IN with the "in" just because it got trendy to like a certain fighter, and you only like them because everyone else likes them.

Lyoto Machida was my favorite fighter when he was no one elses. Now go back to liking Rampage, or Forrest, or Rashad, and leave my fighter alone. You didnt support him before he was champ, dont come around here supporting him now. You're not welcome to support him. Stay away from my favorite fighters I've never betrayed, and have been supporting since day 1. Im getting tired of you kids, thinking you can hate on a fighter 1 day, then the next day praise him like he's your favorite fighter.

Trying to make people think you know MMA because you got Fedor, Lyoto Machida, Anderson Silva, GSP, and Bj Penn in your sig. No you arent an educated fan.. You just see hundreds of other people with the same sig, and think you're "in" on the know. I look at anyone and everyone with that sig as fake MMA fans just trying to fit in. Just stay away from my fighters, talk trash all you want, but dont let me catch you talking all that ish, and then next day have them in your sig as your favorite fighter. That doesnt fly around here kid. I dont tolerate fake bandwagon jumping socalled "MMA fans".[/quote']

Why do you care or worry about what others think at all?

I swear.. You kids need to pick your favorite fighters and stick to them. Im getting tired of kids and when a fighter wins a championship title' date=' that fighter is all of a sudden everyone's new favorite fighter.

Trying to make people think you know MMA because you got Fedor, Lyoto Machida, Anderson Silva, GSP, and Bj Penn in your sig. No you arent an educated fan.. You just see hundreds of other people with the same sig, and think you're "in" on the know. I look at anyone and everyone with that sig as fake MMA fans just trying to fit in. Just stay away from my fighters, talk trash all you want, but dont let me catch you talking all that ish, and then next day have them in your sig as your favorite fighter. That doesnt fly around here kid. I dont tolerate fake bandwagon jumping socalled "MMA fans".[/quote']

I agree that there are alot of bandwagon fans, and it is annoying, but you cant control them. the only person you can control is yourself, and from the looks of it, your not doing to good in that area.

Why do you care or worry about what others think at all?

Because Im tired of people having a new favorite fighter after every event. There is no loyalty with the majority of you. And it needs to stop. You arent a true MMA fan if you have a new favorite fighter after every event. You kids only like fighters everyone else likes. Every event, a fighter gets hyped up so hardcore, people just want to fit in, and agree with what the majority of people are saying.. If kids come in here and see everyone praising Anderson Silva or Lyoto Machida, they're all of a sudden that persons new favorite fighter too.. It doesnt make you cool, and it doesnt help you fit in. Just stop.

Same thing with Anderson, everyone hated on him after his fights with Leites, and Cote, saying he was overrated, he's a joke, the works.. All of a sudden he destroys Forrest, and now he's everyones favorite fighter again.. Where's the loyalty? Im getting tired of this epidemic that plagues the MMA community. And quite frankly, I am sick and tired of it. Ive been a fan of Machida and Anderson since day 1, even after Andersons fluke losses in Pride. Been a fan of Anderson's ever since I saw him end a fight with an elbow uppercut. Never turned my back on him since.

What ever happened to that poster who had the sig "I've been a Lesnar fan since before he was in the WWE. Can you say that"? Man, he was real butt-hurt over all the post-UFC 100 Lesnar fans.

I totally agree. Ive viewed these forums for quite a while, but finally joined not to long ago. Ive always been a Jardine fan since TUF. Seperate situation, but....ive been a Falcon fan since i was born, and now everyone is a falcon fan because of Matt Ryan. its ridiculous.

that's why i don't pick favorite fighters.

sure, i usually have people i want to win over others, but i like a lot of different fighters. not just a select few. it takes more than a loss to get me off a fighters fan base aswell, because as much as i love seeing the fighters i like win, i understand they're gonna take losses, and that's somthing you gotta accept if you're gonna be a fan.

I'm not a fan of Lyoto Machida to be honest, I think he's a great fighter but he just doesn't float my boat. He's only become exciting since his match against Thiago Silva, prior to that he'd grind out rather dull decision victories. You'll never seem me bunking a lift on the Machida Wagon.

I'm not a fan of Lyoto Machida to be honest' date=' I think he's a great fighter but he just doesn't float my boat. He's only become exciting since his match against Thiago Silva, prior to that he'd grind out rather dull decision victories. You'll never seem me bunking a lift on the Machida Wagon.[/quote']

Yeah and dont even think about it either.. When he schools Shogun, and then Rampage, dont let me see you put Lyoto in your sig kid.. Im going to start taking peoples names down, that dont have him in their sig, and then after the shogun fight, Im going to start calling kids out left and right if I all of a sudden see Machida in their sig.. I dont like kids who do that ish.

If I've never heard of a fighter before, and then watch him have a good fight or hear people talk about him. I become interested and am going to do some research on him and watch him in the future. There is nothing wrong with this, or people expressing their opinion (which is never going to stop so don't hold your breath). Bandwagon or whatever you want to call it, the UFC is gaining popularity, and new fans, this is a good thing. For all of us. But what am I telling you for? Your 17 and not even old enough to argue with me

Yeah and dont even think about it either.. When he schools Shogun' date=' and then Rampage, dont let me see you put Lyoto in your sig kid.. Im going to start taking peoples names down, that dont have him in their sig, and then after the shogun fight, Im going to start calling kids out left and right if I all of a sudden see Machida in their sig.. I dont like kids who do that ish.[/quote']

why would you take the time to do that? go run some laps, do some pushups or somethin'. and yeah, i got "your" fighter Machida beatin Rua. is it allright if i say that?

Yeah and dont even think about it either.. When he schools Shogun' date=' and then Rampage, dont let me see you put Lyoto in your sig kid.. Im going to start taking peoples names down, that dont have him in their sig, and then after the shogun fight, Im going to start calling kids out left and right if I all of a sudden see Machida in their sig.. I dont like kids who do that ish.[/quote']

Trust me I won't; he has about as much charisma as a coiled turd dropped by Daniel LaRusso. I'm not a kid by any stretch of the imagination, hence the movie reference.

why would you take the time to do that? go run some laps' date=' do some pushups or somethin'. and yeah, i got "your" fighter Machida beatin Rua. is it allright if i say that?[/quote']

Because, you all will be the same kids saying you're not like that, and not going to do that. Then after the fight you'll do exactly what Ive been saying. And Im going to call everyone out that does it, make you look stupid infront of everybody for denying it. Expose all the fake bandwagon jumping MMA fans Ive been talking about once and for all.

K let me say this, you dont have the right to tell people they arent welcome to support someone. suck it up man, why do you care who people say thier favorite fighters are ? Not everyone watches UFC and MMA all the time to see who the up and coming talents are. No one hates a fake fan of MMA more than me, but honestly... mad because they like the champs of the sport ? come on man.

Kids? thats doesnt even deserve a response\. and the other thing are you joking. So you feel that you are entitled to be his ONE AND ONLY FAN. are you kidding me. And yea many people didnt know what he had done before the ufc like beating bj, franklin, bonner and so on. So when he got to the ufc not many people knew him. And to be honest to many fans he wasnt to exciting at first so they didnt like him much. BUT his past 3 fights have been pretty crazy so he gained fans. So stop for compaining and worry about yourself and get a life.

Just so you know, you come off as a jerk.

I'm sorry we can't all be super-cool original fans like yourself, but I think people are entitled to like whatever, and whom ever they please. You ranting about them isn't helping. I think it's kinda unfair to call yourself the ONLY one who stood by Machida. You don't know that and there's no way that you could. For you to say that is pretty arrogant.

Also, "stay away from MY fighters!"

This quote is pretty hilarious. You must be the ONLY true MMA fan EVER! GO YOU!!!

I have liked all of these fighters for a very long time. way before they became champions.

Anderson Silva, GSP, Fedor, BJ Penn

Im also still a fan of some fighters that haven't looked real good lately such as

Mirko Cro Cop, Wanderlei Silva, Dan Henderson ( besides Bisping he hasn't looked as good as he has in the past. )

Shogun ( besides Chuck he hasn't looked so good either ), Yves Edwards ( Please UFC bring him back )

Just to name a few.

I'll will admit I like Machida a little more now than his first few fights I saw. I thought his style was a little boring ( brilliant ) but boring. Lately he's been more aggressive so I like him more and hope he keeps it up.

I have to say though Im more a fan of paticular skills some fighters have because all fighters have weaknesses and none are excellent in all areas although some come very very close.

e.g. Damien Maia or Shinya Aoki's ground skills, GSP's Leg takedowns, Wanderlei or Pele landi's Knees, BJ's Boxing, Mount, Backmount and takedown defense, Randy and Hendo's greco roman clinch and dirty boxing, Vitor's Boxing, Cro Cop's head kicks, Machida and Andersons elusiveness and technical striking, Rampage's powerslams, takedown defense and blocking defense, David loiseau's elbows, Chuck Liddell and Igor Vovchanchin's overhand right, Fedor's Ground and pound and calmness, Karo Parisyan's throws, Pedro Rizzo and Thiago's leg kicks, Bas's Liver kicks and body shots etc. etc. I could go on for days.

Because' date=' you all will be the same kids saying you're not like that, and not going to do that. Then after the fight you'll do exactly what Ive been saying. And Im going to call everyone out that does it, make you look stupid infront of everybody for denying it. Expose all the fake bandwagon jumping MMA fans Ive been talking about once and for all.[/quote']

i can't believe you aren't too ashamed to come back on the forum after your last ounce of credibility was beaten out of you earler today. you're 17. quit calling people kids. you don't even know enough to know how f*cking stupid you come across on here. do yourself a favor and sign in with a new name and lose the fake machismo, it's tired and played out. you aren't old enough and haven't been around the sport long enough to actually be a legitimate machida fan. it's oka to like him butyou didn't invent it. in fact, logic would suggest, do to you being 17 and having only been a member here for a short time, that you are, in fact, exactly what you are claiming to dispise, a bandwagon jumper. there is nothing wrong with jumping on anyways. machida looked terrible before his fight with tito and has done things with his aggression that have caused people like me to appreciate him more now. i am not, by any means, his biggest fan but you aren't either, KID.

i can't believe you aren't too ashamed to come back on the forum after your last ounce of credibility was beaten out of you earler today. you're 17. quit calling people kids. you don't even know enough to know how f*cking stupid you come across on here. do yourself a favor and sign in with a new name and lose the fake machismo' date=' it's tired and played out. you aren't old enough and haven't been around the sport long enough to actually be a legitimate machida fan. it's oka to like him butyou didn't invent it. in fact, logic would suggest, do to you being 17 and having only been a member here for a short time, that you are, in fact, exactly what you are claiming to dispise, a bandwagon jumper. there is nothing wrong with jumping on anyways. machida looked terrible before his fight with tito and has done things with his aggression that have caused people like me to appreciate him more now. i am not, by any means, his biggest fan but you aren't either, [b']KID.[/b]

See my sig for proof kid.. Been watching Machida fight since 03'. Been supporting him since day 1. And you are a fake fan for saying he looked terrible before his fight with Tito.. NOBODY has EVER made Machida look terrible. Machida is the least hit fighter in MMA history. I would know because Ive been his fan since day 1. Before you ever even started watching MMA..Or should I say UFC..

. You didnt support him before he was champ' date=' dont come around here supporting him now. ".[/quote']

I swear to God, this one is so stupid he may actually think the internet is a place.

By the way, have you washed your hands today Arcane?

See my sig for proof kid.. Been watching Machida fight since 03'. Been supporting him since day 1. And you are a fake fan for saying he looked terrible before his fight with Tito.. NOBODY has EVER made Machida look terrible. Machida is the least hit fighter in MMA history. I would know because Ive been his fan since day 1. Before you ever even started watching MMA..Or should I say UFC..

anyone can make a signature you dipsh*t. it doesn't mean that it's true. I could make a sgnature that says i have a ten inch d*ck and that I invented tantric sex, it won't make any women want me more. in fact, much like your signature, it would probably make people think I was a poser. in '03 you were 11 so i doubt you really had lyoto pegged as an up and comer at that time. your lies are so ridiculous that you don't have even the smallest amount of credibility left. even if you were to say the truth, that you became a fan earlier this year and you maybe went online and watched a few machida fights then people could almost believe you and maybe your opinion wouldn't be completely worthless. if you're going to lie, make it something people might believe, even if they still doubt it, maybe if it's not so far out there they will at least not call you on it. btw , how's the hundred people barbecue thing watching old ufc's going? i bet all the kids are really into that.

Just so you know BJ Penn made him look terrible. BJ showed him his power punching and Machida got scared and avoided him the whole fight. Whats really funny is BJ looked like a kid about half Machida's size and was bringing it to him. Yeah BJ still lost the fight to jugdes but it was a damn close fight and I thought he actually won because he pressed the fight unlike Machida who was looking to survive against the smaller man. LOL

Because' date=' you all will be the same kids saying you're not like that, and not going to do that. Then after the fight you'll do exactly what Ive been saying. And Im going to call everyone out that does it, make you look stupid infront of everybody for denying it. Expose all the fake bandwagon jumping MMA fans Ive been talking about once and for all.[/quote']Oh shizz, my sides hurt cuz I'm laughing so hard!!! I'm not even joking, I don't know if your whole style is a joke, but I am entertained either way!

I regret to inform you that putting "Been a fan of Lyoto Machida and Anderson Silva since DAY 1... No questions asked," as your sig doesn't count as proof that you have actually been their fans since day 1.

As a matter of fact, it counts for quite literally nothing.

I think you're just mad because some of us actually have liked Machida since before he was even in the UFC. The day he beat Sokoudju I came out and said he was winning the title.

All anyone had to do was look at who he's beaten before.

Everyone jumps a bandwagon at some point its just true how many people have a favorite fighter who sucks not very many who cares...it's worse in team sports because that's different so that's a bad example...people rarely don't like guy who aren't near the top or at the top so who really cares about whether people like your fighter that's just kinda childish

Everyone jumps a bandwagon at some point its just true how many people have a favorite fighter who sucks not very many who cares...it's worse in team sports because that's different so that's a bad example...people rarely don't like guy who aren't near the top or at the top so who really cares about whether people like your fighter that's just kinda childish

Look at my list.

notice eric schafer

=P

Look at my list.

notice eric schafer

=P

i kind of like schafer too. he has this really great fortitude about him. against houston alexander he endured a sh*t kicking and stayed in there long enough to get the sub eventually. he won me over with that. he's tough. i hope you don't hate me for jumping on his bandwagon after the fight.

i kind of like schafer too. he has this really great fortitude about him. against houston alexander he endured a sh*t kicking and stayed in there long enough to get the sub eventually. he won me over with that. he's tough. i hope you don't hate me for jumping on his bandwagon after the fight.

I liked him in his first debut and he arm triangled someone. I LOVE the arm triangle, my favorite move to see. That's what did it for me. And then seeing him against Houston made it better.

I liked him in his first debut and he arm triangled someone. I LOVE the arm triangle' date=' my favorite move to see. That's what did it for me. And then seeing him against Houston made it better.[/quote']

he is very good with his bjj. i actually think bader is in for a tough fight. if bader takes him down he has to be ultra careful. if they stand, i don't know who's better. schafer is improving his striking by training with pat barry every day. his legs must be on perma-bruise taking those leg kicks.

he is very good with his bjj. i actually think bader is in for a tough fight. if bader takes him down he has to be ultra careful. if they stand' date=' i don't know who's better. schafer is improving his striking by training with pat barry every day. his legs must be on perma-bruise taking those leg kicks.[/quote']

I'll be rooting for schafer even though I really enjoy watching bader fight, I just don't know if bader's wrestling will nullify the ground game.

What ever happened to that poster who had the sig "I've been a Lesnar fan since before he was in the WWE. Can you say that"? Man' date=' he was real butt-hurt over all the post-UFC 100 Lesnar fans.[/quote']

Oh, don't worry cupcake, I'm still here. I wasn't butt hurt, if anything I was glad that Brock won first of all, and was pretty satisfied that Brock was able to get under a lot of people's skin, well in this case fingertips. My fingers were getting typing cramp from having to repeat myself constantly.

Look how as soon as I call you kids out and expose you all for jumping on fighter bandwagons. Now all of a sudden you want to act like you've been liking lesser known crappy fighters to "feel cool" and try to cover up being a fake bandwagon jumping fan. I see right through your little BS scheme. I just caught you kids.

Putting Eric Shafer in your sig isnt going to give you any credibility, or make you innocent of fighter bandwagon jumping. I knew there would be some kids on here that would resort to "insert low profile fighter here" and act like you're not guilty of bandwagon jumping from 1 fighter to another. I just caught you kids. And now you're trying to have a conversation about him, you kids are trying to play it off way too hard.

And dont go and edit your signature right before you post in my thread and try to act like you've been supporting that undercard fighter for awhile now. I never saw him in your sig 2 days ago.. Yeah, CAUGHT kid.

lol!!! this is coming from a guy who thinks kimbo could rule the heavy wieght division

arcane, lick my nads

Look how as soon as I call you kids out and expose you all for jumping on fighter bandwagons. Now all of a sudden you want to act like you've been liking lesser known crappy fighters to "feel cool" and try to cover up being a fake bandwagon jumping fan. I see right through your little BS scheme. I just caught you kids.

Putting Eric Shafer in your sig isnt going to give you any credibility' date=' or make you innocent of fighter bandwagon jumping. I knew there would be some kids on here that would resort to "insert low profile fighter here" and act like you're not guilty of bandwagon jumping from 1 fighter to another. I just caught you kids. And now you're trying to have a conversation about, you kids are trying to play it off way too hard.

And dont go and edit your signature right before you post in my thread and try to act like you've been supporting that undercard fighter for awhile now. I never saw him in your sig 2 days ago.. Yeah, CAUGHT kid.[/quote']

:) This must've been eating you up inside, you must be losing sleep over this!

I see right through your little BS scheme. Yeah' date=' CAUGHT kid.[/quote']

Me too....you're a TROLL!!! If your a kid or middle aged and lonely is yet to be determined.