Sign in to follow this  
CKitch

Does anybody on here actually practice MMA

or practice a martial art? (Other than ArcaneKnight because I dont believe you)

Im hoping to start kickboxing and jui jitsu at a local gym soon. Money is kinda tight though so its up in the air

or practice a martial art? (Other than Arcane_Knight because I dont believe you)

Im hoping to start kickboxing and jui jitsu at a local gym soon. Money is kinda tight though so its up in the air

haha, thats awesome. I have trained kickboxing and a little bit, but I stopped due to financial reasons.

I train 6 days a week, in just about every discipline.. You name it, Im probably training it. I want to be a complete fighter. Im not like your average fighter who just focuses on wrestling and striking, or any other combination. I train in every discipline. So I can understand and adapt to different fight styles. That way when I step into the cage, nothing is new to me. I recognize any fight style and am more than prepared to put them down like a dog who's bitten too many people.

So yeah I train MMA religiously. Its what I do, its the sport I love. And if you guys cant afford training at gyms and all that, just go and buy UFC Undisputed, use that as your training until you can afford to train at a gym. Hey, its better than nothing.

Kickboxing and karate; not as much as I'd like, copped an injury and I run my own business which has been crazy for months. I'd say do it, as much as you can afford; explain the situation to your sensei that you may be a little sporadic for the time being and ask if they can recommend a routine for you when you take your 'off' periods.

I train 6 days a week' date=' in just about every discipline.. You name it, Im probably training it. I want to be a complete fighter. Im not like your average fighter who just focuses on wrestling and striking, or any other combination. I train in every discipline. So I can understand and adapt to different fight styles. That way when I step into the cage, nothing is new to me. I recognize any fight style and am more than prepared to put them down like a dog who's bitten too many people.

So yeah I train MMA religiously. Its what I do, its the sport I love. And if you guys cant afford training at gyms and all that, just go and buy UFC Undisputed, use that as your training until you can afford to train at a gym. Hey, its better than nothing.[/quote']

1) I already said I dont believe you so there was really no point in posting here.

2) If i dont have enough money to pay for training, what makes you think i have enough to buy a $200+ PS3 along with a $50+ UFC game?

1) I already said I dont believe you so there was really no point in posting here.

2) If i dont have enough money to pay for training' date=' what makes you think i have enough to buy a $200+ PS3 along with a $50+ UFC game?[/quote']

Idk.. Put it on layaway, put it on your credit card, take out a loan, ask for it for christmas.. You can get one any number of ways. Im just trying to help you out. But thats just me.

What bank is gonna give me a loan for a friggin PS3 and game to go with it? None.

Why would i spend money on something that wont help me attain my goal when I could be saving it to pay for training anyways? You're not making any sense

I train 6 days a week' date=' in just about every discipline.. You name it, Im probably training it. I want to be a complete fighter. Im not like your average fighter who just focuses on wrestling and striking, or any other combination. I train in every discipline. So I can understand and adapt to different fight styles. That way when I step into the cage, nothing is new to me. I recognize any fight style and am more than prepared to put them down like a dog who's bitten too many people.

So yeah I train MMA religiously. Its what I do, its the sport I love. And if you guys cant afford training at gyms and all that, just go and buy UFC Undisputed, use that as your training until you can afford to train at a gym. Hey, its better than nothing.[/quote']

And on the seventh day, he said 'There shall be barbeque. BYOB. Dress code: P!mps & **@s. Keep out of my vault. Don't interrupt my little brother on the 360'

i would love to fight you... with mma rules ofcourse... what gym you train at?? btw i only have 3 1/2 months in jui jitsu / muay thai training

i would love to fight you... with mma rules ofcourse... what gym you train at?? btw i only have 3 1/2 months in jui jitsu / muay thai training

Trust me, that would not be wise on your part. I could single handedly end your entire career. I could break any one of your extremeties, rip apart nerves and tendons, permanently damage you from ever being able to use your arm or leg the same again. Stick to the amatuers kid. My hands are registered and deadly weapons, Im not someone you want to get in a fight with.

I dont have a problem with you, and I dont want to have a problem for you. Im looking out for your well being. You give me a reason, all that flys right out the window and its on. Im relentless when I get into fight mode. So please, for your own safety, just fall back.

How do you train? You have claimed you are 17 and at school. You have also been on here all night every night. UFC Undisputed is not a training aid to MMA you foolish little man. You also are too young to have seen the early UFCs on anything but a tape. You also claim to have a girlfriend, ha ha!

I think it is time to take a look at your life. Do you find it fulfilling sitting on the internet and lying badly. You really need to learn how to lie properly.

Trust me' date=' that would not be wise on your part. I could single handedly end your entire career. I could break any one of your extremeties, rip apart nerves and tendons, permanently damage you from ever being able to use your arm or leg the same again. Stick to the amatuers kid. My hands are registered and deadly weapons, Im not someone you want to get in a fight with.

I dont have a problem with you, and I dont want to have a problem for you. Im looking out for your well being. You give me a reason, all that flys right out the window and its on. Im relentless when I get into fight mode. So please, for your own safety, just fall back.[/quote']

Sounds like he is being a ***** to me. Coward! Look at the long yellow streak of faeces he leaves in a trail as he runs away.

While not attending any official gym..i work on my boxing/striking 3 or 4 days a week at my YMCA and shadowbox to pass time at work in my office. i grapple/wrestle with my nephews and cousins..and sometimes my wife. This may not seem like much..but is extremely beneficial in the end...the wreslting anyway. Me and my buddies spar our stuff once and a while..one of them is several levels into juijitsu..though i dont know where hes at now.

I train at a couple different places in Sacramento. The good gyms in sac are Team Carnage,Dave Huckabas Next Generation Fighters,Dave Marinobles and of course Ultimate Fitness owned by Urijah.

Favorite fighters.

Dave Huckaba

Urijah Faber

James Irvin

Rich Franklin

Anderson Silva

Trust me' date=' that would not be wise on your part. I could single handedly end your entire career. I could break any one of your extremeties, rip apart nerves and tendons, permanently damage you from ever being able to use your arm or leg the same again. Stick to the amatuers kid. My hands are registered and deadly weapons, Im not someone you want to get in a fight with.

I dont have a problem with you, and I dont want to have a problem for you. Im looking out for your well being. You give me a reason, all that flys right out the window and its on. Im relentless when I get into fight mode. So please, for your own safety, just fall back.[/quote']

are you related to tito ortiz? :) you sound like him

I will be ArcaneKnight's brother's first opponent, bring friends and family to witness this front lawn debacle. The UFC Undisputed Xbox 360 video game playing phenomenon who has all the knowledge and wisdom of who he plays within the game. And I will bring my one dimensional martial art form, that being Aikido, watch as I use my stationary flipping and throwing techniques to dismantle the game crazed master of the UFC itself and put a dead end to his foolish chivalry before his MMA career even begins to gain momentum.

I've been practicing Judo for 4 years and karate for 7 years.

I started boxing (twice a week) last year and I'll start Muay Thai (once a week at first) next year.

Hard to find good MA gym in Belgium, but well, I think my boxing and new muay thai clubs aren't that bad.

I know I should think of starting a martial that'd improve my ground game :P.

I shadowbox but need training. Fitness etc. yoga for the flexibility. Want to do BJJ very soon - why I mentioned yoga. If not that then wrestling, mma, MT hopefully. Actually trained wing tsun kung fu for best part of a year. Trained with lots of different fighters there at a low level (mine).

Of course you do dear. ROTFLMFAO at using a video game as a traning tool is a dead give away you have no idea what you are talking about.

I have trained Muay Thai since 83, BJJ beginning in 87, Judo since 81, wrestler since 4th grade. Plus other styles I studied just to study.

I have been training in Jiu Jitsu since may and am on my 2nd stripe white belt. I just recently went to a tourney and did well. I believe that competition is important if your going to learn and art otherwise all your learning is techniques.

I also box since i was in the army at 140 lbs and 155 lbs. I cant afford a boxing gym and a Jiu Jitsu camp so i mainly spar in boxing inside a raquetball court. Its great cardio.

yea I train in boxing Muay thai and trying to break into judo. I love the compition and just the work you put into it. I'm trying to break into MMA and get an amature fight after I learn a little bit of a ground game. but I have 72 amature boxing fights 59 wins 13 loses I truly believe if I hadn't found the sport I would be dead or in jail.I say if you don't have the money for a gym find a friend that has some knowledge about the sport and roll with them make your own work out and training plan untill you get on your feet.

I have been wrestling for half my life(so 8 years) and have done kickboxing right after wrestling season has been over at my highschool(so 6 months). I want to start doing bjj because everytime i grapple with some of my friends that do bjj I get kill.Also it does not help being 6'3 grappling kids who r under 5'5 but still.

Judo and BJJ. I need to do more though. My boxing skills aren't up to snuff yet but I feel confident on the ground.

My cardio needs a boost and I need to get into an area that is conducive to training for MMA if I ultimately decide to go this route with my life.

It is just a hobby for me now, but it keeps me sane, focused, and disciplined. To be honest if I didn't do this I would have given up on my current pursuits years ago.

I am closing in on my black belt in hapkido, though we are sort of MMA-oriented. For those of who haven't seen it it's basically like selfdefense combined with MMA, haha. Well there are different ways to practice it, I guess, but that's how we roll.

Also competing in kickboxing.

ive taken straight kickboxing for the last two years no muay thai until recently i took a front kick to the sternum. it broke and shoved the vertebrae directly behind my sternum out of place. ive been seeing a chiropractor. i dont need surgery on my back and they said there is really nothing they can do about my sternum. it pops like knuckles do all the time. hopefully ill be able to start working out again. im a high energy person so im going a little stir crazy.

ive taken straight kickboxing for the last two years no muay thai until recently i took a front kick to the sternum. it broke and shoved the vertebrae directly behind my sternum out of place. ive been seeing a chiropractor. i dont need surgery on my back and they said there is really nothing they can do about my sternum. it pops like knuckles do all the time. hopefully ill be able to start working out again. im a high energy person so im going a little stir crazy.

damn that sucks lol. How come that kinda thing never happens in actual mma fights?

ive actually heard that cracked sternums happen pretty often in sports. not just martial arts. the front kick, push kick is a pretty under utilised weapon also. i think ive seen florian use it on huerta. maybe a few other fighters use it. but thats mma. its definitely used alot in straight kickboxing. the sternum issue is more annoying than painful. its my back that really hurts. hurts to breath deeply.

I am closing in on my black belt in hapkido' date=' though we are sort of MMA-oriented. For those of who haven't seen it it's basically like selfdefense combined with MMA, haha. Well there are different ways to practice it, I guess, but that's how we roll.

Also competing in kickboxing.[/quote']

Hey, I used to practice Hapkido. This was a few years ago. I believe I made it up to blue belt. I agree with you that its self defense combined with MMA, but not quite as refined as say, BJJ. We used to train in the same gym as the TKD guys. Used to talk about how we'd kick their asses.

I actually used a few moves in a streetfight a while back. Knocked the guy out with an elbow to the face.

Looks like I am a little late getting in on this, but, here it is anyways,

Nearly 18 years of Krav Maga & 4+ of Keysi. I am beginning to study jeet kune do & would really like to begin bjj, but, time is a comidity I dont have a lot of these days!

I use to train several years ago. I'm just getting back into it now. Going to take Kick Boxing and BJJ. I've been helping teach at a local school but haven't really gotten back into it. Now my wife wants to take BJJ and I can't let her submit me. So it's back to training for me.