Sign in to follow this  
LLSel

Throw Randy in against Machida....

Bear with me here... but I reckon Randy Couture should be given a shot at Machida (if he is victorious against Shogun). Randy's future undoubtedly lies away from the Heavyweight Division and in the LHW Div there is a perplexing puzzle no one can figure out. Who then has repeatedly come up with a specific gameplan in previous title bouts to over come a seemingly impossible obstacle? None other than Captain America. When pitched against far superior Strikers in Liddell and Silvia he beat them at their own game, versus Belfort early on he nulified the striking threat and mauled him on the floor. Versus Tito (44) he reverted back to wrestling and dominated winning a unanimous decision where many thought he may trade again (as he did v Liddell in his previous fight) to avoid Tito's wrestling.

Randy is very intelligent and I think he would have a plan to beat Lyoto. Whether or not he would is another story but I reckon he should get a shot

I would rather watch Randy fight Nurses at a retirement home. I really don't wanna watch fighters who are collecting social security. I think Machida would be too fast for Randy.

Ok i laughed when i read that. all i could imagine was a nurse come in with his prune juice and he just starts beating up all the nurses and doctors. But yeah i think Randy's too old for Machida. They could still fight but i doubt it will happen.

logistics say it wont... Lyoto fights late in the year and with Randys commitment to fight another 6 times I doubt he can wait until next spring for his next fight (or the Nurses may well become his most viable option)! But stylistically, I like it

Dont do this. Randy has no change vs Machida nor Lesnar.

Machida will just destroy Randy, and Lesnar will kill Randy. Too much years is too much, speed is not there anymore, eventho everything else is.

Dont do this. Randy has no change vs Machida nor Lesnar.

Machida will just destroy Randy' date=' and Lesnar will kill Randy. Too much years is too much, speed is not there anymore, eventho everything else is.[/quote']

Its funny how Randy never has a chance in any of his fights and he's been "too old" for years now and yet he's made a decent career for himself. By decent I mean Hall Of Fame.

Don't mistake the title for a mistake. When I see Machida fight, his level of dedication and intensity reminds me very much of a young Royce.

Machida has the ability to run all the way, and stay there for a while. But we still need him to fight someone like Silva. That would be a true test.

IDK why people would want to watch today's Couture, vs. today's Machida. I wouldn't even want to watch Machida vs. Rampage or Liddel. Stylistically, they are all really bad matchups, and they would all make for horrible fights.

Machida needs to get put in with a GSP or a (Anderson) Silva.

BTW who picks the Fighters for the Ultimate Fighter? Jeez man, my 9 year old daughter could drop some of those fools.

i agree.... randy always comes out on top..

Randy is a great fighter.. and always puts on a show.. but you cant say he always comes out on top.. he did great with lesnar but lost... he did great with n0g but lost.. he will lose to machida as well.. i would never wanna watch this fight.. i love Randy and he deserves all the respect he can get.. but if hes going to fight again it shouldnt be the champ.. should be some1 like mark coleman..

Randy is the man and I think he has some fight left in him as he mentioned, but I think he should have retired. I would love to see him fight Machida but I don't think Randy could even pull that one off, I know he has skills and has accomplished alot but I just dont see it happening!

I don't think Randy should get to cut in line just because he's cutting weight. LHW is a massively stacked division right now and I'm sure he can find plenty of interesting fights there, or against smaller heavy weights.

But to all of you guys cracking jokes about his age, what do you think you're going to look like at 46? Seriously now, the man is in there trading punches with the best in the world, and although he lost his last couple of fights, he looked pretty damn good doing it. Don't count Captin America out just yet.