Sign in to follow this  
cartman

WE WANT to see GSP VS ANDERSON SILVA

this is me personally but i dont think machida can beat silva. also i think it would be a pretty boring fight. not only are they bff's but they have very similar fight styles. they both like to wait and counter the opponents mistakes. we've seen how boring anderson can be if someone isnt willing to strike with him. i cant see how this would be a good fight.

this is me personally but i dont think machida can beat silva. also i think it would be a pretty boring fight. not only are they bff's but they have very similar fight styles. they both like to wait and counter the opponents mistakes. we've seen how boring anderson can be if someone isnt willing to strike with him. i cant see how this would be a good fight.

I agree, this would be a very boring fight. Both of them would dance around, waiting for the other to attack. In order to make it a good fight, one of them would have to hit the other REALLY hard, so that he would get pissed off and try to hit him back.

I disagree with your opening statement, though.

I think Machida could beat Anderson Silva. I base that opinion solely on the fact that I've never heard Lyoto publicly state that he wouldn't fight Anderson. I've heard Anderson say he doesn't want to fight Lyoto, though.

Maybe Lyoto gets the best of Anderson in training, and he knows that more of them same would happen if they were to ever fight. Or, maybe Anderson knows that, while Lyoto is the best at 205, he still doesn't have what it takes to defeat him, which is why he says the LHW title is Lyoto's and he doesn't want to interfere.

i agree with your last statement. that makes alot of sense. anderson is probably happy that two brasilians have titles and doesnt want to interfere. i know everyone can be beaten but everytime i see silva fight he looks less and less beatable. im not entirely sold on machida's untouchable status.

i agree with your last statement. that makes alot of sense. anderson is probably happy that two brasilians have titles and doesnt want to interfere. i know everyone can be beaten but everytime i see silva fight he looks less and less beatable. im not entirely sold on machida's untouchable status.

Then we're totally in the same boat!

The Machida/Shogun fight will decide a lot of things!!

Then we're totally in the same boat!

The Machida/Shogun fight will decide a lot of things!!

thats what i think. anyone who believes that machida can walk all over shogun has only seen the couple ufc fights hes had. the only question i have about shogun is his cardio. if machida does demolish shogun like he did t. silva and evans then i will believe he is as good as everyone thinks he is.

thats what i think. anyone who believes that machida can walk all over shogun has only seen the couple ufc fights hes had. the only question i have about shogun is his cardio. if machida does demolish shogun like he did t. silva and evans then i will believe he is as good as everyone thinks he is.

Until I see someone hit him on the button with a power shot or a kick to the head, there will always be a seed of doubt in my head.

I won't deny either of these guys talents, but I seriously dislike Anderson and Lyoto.

GO SHOGUN!!!

i just found out there getting them to fight and they will be coaches for tuf 11

it must be true cause i posted a thread and the link to the article that tells dana white confirming the news and ufc.com deleted it, but they wont confirm it to the public until january 2010 according to article that was wriiten by a close friend of dana white

ofcourse its possible for GSP to get up to 185.. but just cause there both weighing in at 185.. doesnt mean that they are the same size.. GSP will be going up to 185.. and Silva goes down to 185... hell he has to cut down to fight at 205.. its obvious whos the bigger of the two.. if GSP loses everyone will say.. well Silva is just to big for GSP.. so no point in them fighting.. and seriously GSP would 100% lose... GSP would either lose or struggle intensely to be able to beat marquardt at 185 (i know there partners would never fight) and Silva manhandled Marquardt.. so yeah Silva is just to big and to crazy at 185...

would not wanna see this fight..

i agree that this fight could happen at 185. GSP said he would need about 8 months to a year to put on more muscle, and if he fights at MW it will be a permanent move, and that he would need to walk around at around 200 pounds naturally to be competetive at that weight. he will probably move to MW at some point in his career, but thats gonna be after he gets more than 5 title defenses at WW so he can break matt hughes' record (he has said that he wants to be known as the most dominant welterweight of all time, i think he already is). so it seems that since silva's contract is running out and GSP wont move up anytime soon, this wont happen. would love to see it though

ofcourse its possible for GSP to get up to 185.. but just cause there both weighing in at 185.. doesnt mean that they are the same size.. GSP will be going up to 185.. and Silva goes down to 185... hell he has to cut down to fight at 205.. its obvious whos the bigger of the two.. if GSP loses everyone will say.. well Silva is just to big for GSP.. so no point in them fighting.. and seriously GSP would 100% lose... GSP would either lose or struggle intensely to be able to beat marquardt at 185 (i know there partners would never fight) and Silva manhandled Marquardt.. so yeah Silva is just to big and to crazy at 185...

would not wanna see this fight..

GSP said he would get up to 210 or so then cut down. It's not like he's just gonna stop at 185, come on think that through. And everyone at Greg's gets beat up by GSP they have all said so in past interviews. GSP would manhandle Nate.

Let me get this straight for all the people that dont want to see this fight so GSP just shouldn't fight cause he is lighter? thats just stupid and ur most likely the same ones that dont want to see anderson fight machida... so i guess he just shouldnt fight anymore..the guy is good and everyone is giving him the W befor the fights even happen anderson is great we all knmow that and it's hard to see him match up with anyone really but he needs to fight for us to know for sure...

I for one do think the GSP/silva fight sounded alot better befor the forrest beat down but i would love to see this fight and if he wont fight machida then please make this one of his last 3 fights in the UFC

this is talked about in probably 100 threads. it in all likelyhood wont happen. if it does, i will put my money on GSP to win by unanimous decision by taking anderson down and controlling him there, like he does to everyone else.

anderson's striking is second to none, but he wont get a chance to use it because no one can stop GSP's takedowns

Hi i think they sould put Anderson and gsp as coaches at TUF 11 or 12 so gsp can gain weight to fight Anderson at the end of the show. Would this be enough time for gsp to gain that weight? Im really asking?

Then they will take the 4 best from MW to fight for a shot at the title and the same at WW so the divisions keeps goning.

This is just an exampel.

Alves Thiago vs Fitch Jon

Hardy Dan vs Kampmann Martin

And the winners of those fights will fight at another event when they are fit to fight..And then the winner face gsp. . do this give gsp the time to gain weight, fight Anderson, recover, lose weight and then defend his titel? And if its not enough time then we can have a 6 fighter tournament over a mutch longer period. this is just an ide...and could it work?

I know its not the oldschool classic UFC tournament but this would be great. And i think it will get the hype going....

MMA greatest sport since sex!!!!!!

I completely agree that the UFC must allow Anderson Silva vs. Georges St. Pierre to happen. Besides my personal reasons for wanting to see this fight as an MMA fan' date=' statistically it is a fight that must happen. I have developed two statistically significant logistic regression models for predicting MMA fights, and one predicts Anderson Silva (69% probability to win) while the other predicts GSP (81% probability to win). The large disparity between the two models, that have pretty much agreed on the outcome of every other fight that I have predicted, is an indication of the epic nature that this fight has for the sport. It is a fight that cannot even be comprehended by a scientific analysis. This is a fight that would be one of the greatest in MMA history as well as one that would settle some monumental issues as to what skills are most important in the sport. For the sake of MMA history, it needs to happen.[/quote']

i dont know if u are joking or serious with the regression stuff, but you do bring up a pretty good point. this fight will tell whether the striking game or the ground game is more crucial. i personally think the ground game is, but everyone has their own opinion

GSP said he would get up to 210 or so then cut down. It's not like he's just gonna stop at 185' date=' come on think that through. And everyone at Greg's gets beat up by GSP they have all said so in past interviews. GSP would manhandle Nate.[/quote']

This is true and I find it funny how people forget what a beast GSP truly is. Most only seem him as a wrestler now and forget the total package he possesses. He simply uses what works best against any given opponent and proceeds to beat them senseless. He said he would love to fight A.Silva and would look to be at 205-210 on fight night. Middleweight is not foreign territory for GSP as he has fought there before without a defeat. Silva is not a 225 lber at mw since a 40 lb gain in 24 hrs would be next to impossible not to mention stupid. Dana never said this fight wouldn't happen, he simply said Silva is too big for GSP, which at lhw I agree, but not at mw!

This is true and I find it funny how people forget what a beast GSP truly is. Most only seem him as a wrestler now and forget the total package he possesses. He simply uses what works best against any given opponent and proceeds to beat them senseless. He said he would love to fight A.Silva and would look to be at 205-210 on fight night. Middleweight is not foreign territory for GSP as he has fought there before without a defeat. Silva is not a 225 lber at mw since a 40 lb gain in 24 hrs would be next to impossible not to mention stupid. Dana never said this fight wouldn't happen' date=' he simply said Silva is too big for GSP, which at lhw I agree, but not at mw![/quote']

hey Fred, white prob means Silva is a big MW and GSP is a small MW. I think only Diff is height on the night....which isnt much really.

I still think Silva is too good for GSP although it will be a great fight. hope is does happen but cant see it.

If it happens, when u think?

hey Fred' date=' white prob means Silva is a big MW and GSP is a small MW. I think only Diff is height on the night....which isnt much really.

I still think Silva is too good for GSP although it will be a great fight. hope is does happen but cant see it.

If it happens, when u think?[/quote']

Someone mentioned getting wind of Silva/GSP as coaches for TUFF 11, dunno but there is very little comming from GSP's camp atm except a mention of training with Jones at TriStar every day and how this would be good if a match with Silva hapened. All seems too quiet if you ask me. Maybe a suprise announcement in the making? I know Dana is looking at Toronto to happen soon and this fight would blow the lid off of anything we as fans have ever experienced.

Dana made that comment in an interview noticing how big Silva looked at lhw.

Someone mentioned getting wind of Silva/GSP as coaches for TUFF 11' date=' dunno but there is very little comming from GSP's camp atm except a mention of training with Jones at TriStar every day and how this would be good if a match with Silva hapened. All seems too quiet if you ask me. Maybe a suprise announcement in the making? I know Dana is looking at Toronto to happen soon and this fight would blow the lid off of anything we as fans have ever experienced.

Dana made that comment in an interview noticing how big Silva looked at lhw.[/quote']

The TUF show always needs a spark or no one will watch obvioulsy. Thats the best 'spark' ive heard. pitty the spiders english is crap.......only prob i see with it, even though most of the Brits had subs lol.

Canada vs Brazil or u think they have done away with country vs country coz it caused a lot of crap on here with Brits and the US.....almost a division

The TUF show always needs a spark or no one will watch obvioulsy. Thats the best 'spark' ive heard. pitty the spiders english is crap.......only prob i see with it' date=' even though most of the Brits had subs lol.

Canada vs Brazil or u think they have done away with country vs country coz it caused a lot of crap on here with Brits and the US.....almost a division[/quote']

I think they did US/Brit to gain a larger European market only. No need to bother with Canadian fans as mma is insanely huge here already, just waiting on more venues to open up to us as our laws seemed to be drawn up by soccer moms and the boy in the bubble.

Weight on weigh in day and even fight day at this point is irrelevant. Silva is a full 4 to 5 inches in height and 3 to 4 inches in arm length bigger than GSP. Given their respective styles that much of a difference would be entirely too much for GSP. Before the Marquart fight the talk was that he was the first to match up strength wise with Silva and we all know how that ended. Even to fight at 185 GSP would bulk up to 200-205 and cut to the 185 so his frame means he would definitely have more muscle mass and be physically stronger than Silva at that weight. But do you honestly believe adding 20 lbs of muscle mass wouldn't effect GSP's performance. It certainly would in all aspects, cardio, flexibility, speed, however minute the differences would be there would still be differences which would make him a different fighter than he currently is. There is a reason he moved from MW to WW after his first few fights. Because WW fits his physical frame better. Throw in the fact that GSP has said that he wants to retire as the best WW champ ever, and I just don't think this fight has a shot at happenning. Now If GSP takes the 6 to 8 month hiatus to properly physically prepare and they make it a TUF coaches thing it would be huge for the UFC, but the result would be the same. Silva by brutal KO.

Weight on weigh in day and even fight day at this point is irrelevant. Silva is a full 4 to 5 inches in height and 3 to 4 inches in arm length bigger than GSP. Given their respective styles that much of a difference would be entirely too much for GSP. Before the Marquart fight the talk was that he was the first to match up strength wise with Silva and we all know how that ended. Even to fight at 185 GSP would bulk up to 200-205 and cut to the 185 so his frame means he would definitely have more muscle mass and be physically stronger than Silva at that weight. But do you honestly believe adding 20 lbs of muscle mass wouldn't effect GSP's performance. It certainly would in all aspects' date=' cardio, flexibility, speed, however minute the differences would be there would still be differences which would make him a different fighter than he currently is. There is a reason he moved from MW to WW after his first few fights. Because WW fits his physical frame better. Throw in the fact that GSP has said that he wants to retire as the best WW champ ever, and I just don't think this fight has a shot at happenning. Now If GSP takes the 6 to 8 month hiatus to properly physically prepare and they make it a TUF coaches thing it would be huge for the UFC, but the result would be the same. Silva by brutal KO.[/quote']

Silva 77" reach

GSP 76" reach

He could just easily gain some weight.... 30 lbs and fight Silva in December or something :rolleyes:

After watchng BJ's unsuccessful forays into the higher weight classes I am sure GSP is smart enough to know that you can't "just easily gain some weight" in a few months and still be the same fighter. Come on now....

Silva 77" reach

GSP 76" reach

I said arm length, not reach. Reach is measured finger tip to finger tip across the shoulders, arm length is arm pit to fingertip.

Since GSP has physically broader shoulders than Silva his reach is long for a man his height. His arm length however is not, combine that with the range limitting effect of the broad muscular shoulders and Silva would have a 3 to 4 inch in punching range advantage.

After watchng BJ's unsuccessful forays into the higher weight classes I am sure GSP is smart enough to know that you can't "just easily gain some weight" in a few months and still be the same fighter. Come on now....

GSP hasn't fought since UFC 100 and if he indeed does TUFF it would be close to a year to gain the weight.

As to your comment about Marquardt above, GSP owns Marquardt in every way, skill, strength, drive. His coaches, team mates and Marquardt himself will attest to that.

I said arm length' date=' not reach. Reach is measured finger tip to finger tip across the shoulders, arm length is arm pit to fingertip.

Since GSP has physically broader shoulders than Silva his reach is long for a man his height. His arm length however is not, combine that with the range limitting effect of the broad muscular shoulders and Silva would have a 3 to 4 inch in punching range advantage.[/quote']

He has physically broader shoulders? Where do you get this stuff? You seem to blur the lines of your opinion with fact in many of your statements.

He has physically broader shoulders? Where do you get this stuff? You seem to blur the lines of your opinion with fact in many of your statements.

just look at the fighters! on his frame, GSP has the proprtianately physically broader shoulders. It is a little obvious

just look at the fighters! on his frame' date=' GSP has the proprtianately physically broader shoulders. It is a little obvious[/quote']

My point exactly, just look. It's not obvious considering Silva is 4 inches taller than GSP. The UFC uses reach to determine fighters advantage because it's the most accurate way and any point you wish to make from that point out is based on your opinion. I will agree with you on one point...Silva does have a chance to ko GSP, a punchers chance, but most likely he'll have to do it while turtleing on his back from the most visious gnp he has ever experienced.

My point exactly' date=' just look. It's not obvious considering Silva is 4 inches taller than GSP. The UFC uses reach to determine fighters advantage because it's the most accurate way and any point you wish to make from that point out is based on your opinion. I will agree with you on one point...Silva does have a chance to ko GSP, a punchers chance, but most likely he'll have to do it while turtleing on his back from the most visious gnp he has ever experienced.[/quote']

If they fight (which is getting unllikelier by the minute) there will be 1 fundamental moment in the fight: GSP's first takedown attempt. It will be the opening that Silva will have to hurt GSP. If he doesn't take it, he will have to pray to every god that he knows, because his ground game, albeit good, is nowhere near GSP's

They dont need to fight.

The problem is really GSP and who can challenge him' date=' there is plant of people who can challenge Silva.[/quote']

Correct, but when you are talking 2 of the 3 best p4p fighters in the world I believe this fight needs to happen. Because Silva has sucessfully fought 2 stiffs suited to his style in the lhw division his p4p ranking has risen. There are lhw GSP can fight right now without gaining weight and beat, big deal. The 2 best p4p fighters the UFC has to offer is what we want and Silva/GSP is it.

No way no how... It would be life or death for GSP to get it to the ground. Even then he'd only be a touch safer.

Though that's what would have to happen. Theres no way would take down Silva' date=' size or not. Im not a fan of GSP, but I'd feel reeeaaal bad for him after Silva lands a nice shot standing. Size doesnt always make a difference, but when there are two guys at the same level in their respective divisions, size is a huge factor. It's just Silva has much more natural talent.[/quote']

uhhh... if henderson took silva down, so would gsp.

and he wouldn't get submitted like henderson either.

i see, with no size difference, gsp would beat him, no questions.

I think that **** gsp needs to step out of his comfort zone and go ahead and move up in weight to fight silva. I dont like gsp but if he did this and won or lost i would then gain a little respect for him. Ok he is probably the best welterweight ever but to gain my respect he has to challenge himself and do this. Bj penn is my favorite fighter and he did this. He moved up and fought a bigger and stonger gsp and lost miserabely but atleast he tried!!

Your just not very bright are you.

A.Silva 185 weigh in

A.Silva 210 fight weight

GSP 185 weigh in

GSP 210 fight weight

yes

next...

what.. when has gsp ever been at 210 LOL. it would take him over a solid year to gain all that weight, and if nobodies aware of this, silva is retiring soon. so yea, NEXT.

what.. when has gsp ever been at 210 LOL. it would take him over a solid year to gain all that weight' date=' and if nobodies aware of this, silva is retiring soon. so yea, NEXT.[/quote']

I see you are new to these forums so I'll give you a peice of advise. Read all the responses before looking dumb.

This was in response to if and when GSP/Silva fought. It would be at mw and both fighters would weigh the same. Silva would not be comming in as a lhw and GSP would not weigh in as a ww. As of now GSP weighs 185 lbs when he fights at ww and has fought at mw in the past without a loss. The mw is not new to GSP and as has been discussed many times it would indeed take GSP the better part of a year to put the weight on which he has also said he would do to fight Silva.

Next!

the dead horse says "stop beating me!"

Yeah, rather than see some newbs spamming and creating multiple threads similar to this one, then I guess I'll just keep on beating the s*** outta you...

Whoever thinks silva would Dominate GSP is one of those guys who say that bcuz its your favorite fighter.

Think for a sec. GSP is one of the best if not the best in the world today. He has the greatest wrestling skills that the ufc has ever seen. his takedowns has NEVER been rejected. now you guys come in and say its gna be hard for him to take down silva? stupid.

IMO i think this fight SHOULD happen and i bet it will after GSP's next title defense! we all know gsp and silva are above everyone right now so y do i still see ppl saying that this fight would be a DOMINATING win for silva? GSP would never let that happen. I see this fight ending ONLY in desicion.. UNLESS silva OR gsp get a nice clean hit on one another and keep it coming to end it in a KO or TKO.

if the fight goes to desicion it would be GSP all the way.

Agreed, if Hendo could take down Silva GSP Def. can as well!

GSP and Anderson have dominated their respective divisions over the past few years. Their time will end soon as every reign of terror does. It is time they square off now to dispute pound for pound while in their prime. If you agree' date=' please post support.[/quote']

sure..everyone wants to see it, but its not going to happen..atleast not anytime soon..dana white confirmed that he thinks anderson is too big for GSP...i see atleast one of these threads started daily "SILVA VS GSP" ahhh

I mentioned this in another thread too, but...it's the weight thing that is the issue. I think Silva jumped up and fought the Sandman at 205. Was he at the top of the LHW division??not quite. then he fought Forrest. closer to the top, but arguably not the top of the lhw's. So we wanna throw 20lbs on GSP and throw him to one of the best in the world in his own weight class?? Give GSP some cans to dismantle to get his feet wet. let him throw around some of the middle class MW division before he rolls AS into a ball of mud.

just my 2cents worth

Really i think both of them should stay where they are. Anderson and GSP both control their divisions, and they probably want to stay like that. Anderson's a little to big for GSP.