Sign in to follow this  
ifblchamp

Why I hate Brock Lesnar

I think it is garbage that after only Four fights in the UFC that he even got a chance at the belt after losing his first fight and then laid ontop of the fighters and punched them into submission showing no skills. Screw you Dana white for saying Kimbo Slice has to prove himself to be in the UFC what did lesnar do to prove himself its all about money. Lesnar has it but Kimbo and other struggling fighters that have twice as much skill dont have it.

I think it is garbage that after only Four fights in the UFC that he even got a chance at the belt after losing his first fight and then laid ontop of the fighters and punched them into submission showing no skills. Screw you Dana white for saying Kimbo Slice has to prove himself to be in the UFC what did lesnar do to prove himself its all about money. Lesnar has it but Kimbo and other struggling fighters that have twice as much skill dont have it.

The dead horse says "stop beating me!"

brock lesnar is a NCAA champion wrestler. and hes a more well rounded fighter than kimbo. and he worked his way up instead of fighting people in backyards for money. but hey be happy kimbo is getting his shot

this was quite enlightening.....could you please tell me more.

i dont like lesnar either but hes beaten 2 quality fighters to be the champ, although i do believe after he first lost to mir he should of been made to earn his shot more instead of only having to beat herring

It was luck of the draw. Same as Shogun got his chance at Machida. I would've liked Lesnar in UFC had he fought more times to gain actual wins to be Champion like everyone else. But the real reason why Brock got that chance was Werdum lost to Dos Santos. Leaving anything up for grabs when Randy Couture came back from his retirement.

Dana White needed to get someone who could take the strap away from Couture. Remember at this time Randy retired from UFC to go after Fedor. UFC did they can to prevent this' date=' only cuz Randy was still UFC champion in everyones eyes. After Randy came back from retirement he should've fought Nog then. UFC should've pulled Nog out of his fight with Mir, so he can fight Randy. In my opinion Frank Mir didnt deserve the shot either. He only beat Antoni Hardonk & Brock Lesnar, he lost to Brandon Vera before winning. He needed at least one more win to face the Champ. Whoever that may be after Randy vs Nog.

So Dos Santos beat Fab Werdum, leaving an open spot for anyone. Tim Sylvia left to Affliction, as well as Arlovski. Kongo just lost to Herring, Brock beat Herring in dominate fashion. Gonzaga had McCully which was really dumb. he should've taken on Lesnar. But UFC saw $$$$ signs with Couture vs Lesnar. Lesnar was the only Heavyweight besides Dos Santos with a winning streak(1 win). Its all about the $$$$$ not integrity.

brock lesnar is a NCAA champion wrestler. and hes a more well rounded fighter than kimbo. and he worked his way up instead of fighting people in backyards for money. but hey be happy kimbo is getting his shot

So is Kurt Angle, so does he deserve to be a UFC fighter too? At least Kimbo can fight on his feet. Once again, no merit in your arguement.

Does that mean every NCAA champion should be given a title shot after losing their 1st fight in UFC?. The only other guy that got that a shot after losing was Tank Abott, after he got beat by Vitor Belfort at UFC 12(randy won the heavyweight tourney on the same night). Got the title shot, and Vitor had to face Randy Couture for a title shot.

I remember earning a title shot by fighting & winning at least 3 to 5 fights, and against fighters that matter in the sport. Not just any fighter in the company.

If i had a penny for every time Ive heard this id be one rich mo fo!

He didnt deserve it after only beating Herring but if he does to Carwin what hes done to Randy and Mir then he's earned it. We'll see.

whine, whine, whine...

1- Brock has serious name value thanks to his time in WWE, as shown by the stellar buyrates which pay per views he has competed on have gained. MMA is about money just as much as sporting concerns.

2- Brock is a (I think) 2 time NCAA wrestling champion, and so has a credible real sports background.

3- Lesnar BEAT the champion, your hero Randy Couture to take the title, and defeated a legitimate contender in Mir to become Undisputed champ. If he had 'no skills' then he'd have been shown up against top level opposition.

I'll agree he got there a little too quickly, and should maybe have been placed (and won) against Cro Cop, Gonzaga and maybe someone like Velasquez or Carwin, before he got a title shot, but Dana decided to roll the dice and it's worked out well for him. The fact is, he IS the champion now, and will be until he gets beaten. Deal with it.

If i had a penny for every time Ive heard this id be one rich mo fo!

He didnt deserve it after only beating Herring but if he does to Carwin what hes done to Randy and Mir then he's earned it. We'll see.

Definately, but if he loses, that doesnt mean Carwin is the best either. maybe if Carwin had faced & beaten Cain, then he's a definate contender. And if he beats Lesnar, thats just icing on the cake. But if Lesnar loses that proves his rise was just to fast.

this was quite enlightening.....could you please tell me more.

haha.

I agree entirely.

you (OP) have only revealed the tip of the iceberg that is your insight into MMA.

please, dont just give a starving man scraps and force him to beg for more.

I will follow you to hell and back if only you would shine your light of eternal combat wisdom on the masses.

you are like jesus of the MMA world. I am literally begging you to explain in tedious detail all the reasons why brock was undeserving of his seemingly early title shot.

I also beg for someone to post atleast 2000 characters on why brock is the greatest MMA fighter in the history of MMA.

why isnt there allready a thread somewhere for this? and by somewher I mean on the top of the first page.

brock is the greatest fighter because he destroyed fedor spillankonankovich in just 6 seconds setting a new ufc knockout record. it was a prelim fight for the recent fightnight....

right?

o i mean brock sucks....

If it was all about money, he would let Kimbo in the UFC straight away.

Just take a look at all the title shots that that old fart Randy Couture had without deserving it. ''Hey, I just got beat by chuck for the LHW title, guess that means I deserve a direct shot at HW? Hey I got beat, guess that means I am entitled to a direct rematch.'' The world isn't fair you stinking crybaby, but he beat Randy and Frank fair and square for the right to wear the gold. So just STFU about it

It was luck of the draw. Same as Shogun got his chance at Machida. I would've liked Lesnar in UFC had he fought more times to gain actual wins to be Champion like everyone else.

I remember earning a title shot by fighting & winning at least 3 to 5 fights' date=' and against fighters that matter in the sport. Not just any fighter in the company.[/quote']

Rashad 17-0 lyoto 14-0 kenny 2 years to get his 2nd shot.... Couldn't agree more...

and had Dana not wanted instant major exposure for brock and had him earn it i think brock would be more respected and even a bigger draw then he is now.. sure he got the weekend warrior approval but the hard-core fans know brock had no business fighting for that belt when he did.. and now i dont see myself ever becoming a brock fan largely cause he never had to earn it therefor i dont think he appreciates it as much as other fighters...

Definately' date=' but if he loses, that doesnt mean Carwin is the best either. maybe if Carwin had faced & beaten Cain, then he's a definate contender. And if he beats Lesnar, thats just icing on the cake. But if Lesnar loses that proves his rise was just to fast.[/quote']

Carwin did nothing to earn a title shot. Ya, he defeated Gonzaga, but the Carwin v Cain fight would have been a better idea to go with because they didnt beat anyone that was seriously contending. Gonzaga was a contender, but lost to the champ at the time badly, so shouldnt have been the #1 contender fight for Carwin.

Carwin v Cain to decide the true #1 contender after Big Nog v Lesnar. I think this would have been better, but isnt happening, and Carwin's weak chin will be showcased when Lesnar breathes on him (JK).

Noone in the HW division when Lesnar got his shot deserved to have a shot..... Ya noone. Im happyish that Carwin is getting a shot, but this is to show that Lesnar can handle a big dude, and all that trash talk between the two made people want to see this fight. Garbage, but im goin to watch and be the guy that said "See what I mean?" when Carwin is murdered be a silverback.

If you knew anything about this sport then you would know that Randy Couture won the Ufc Championship in his 3rd pro fight in the Ufc.....just a little heads up.

If you knew anything about this sport then you would know that Randy Couture won the Ufc Championship in his 3rd pro fight in the Ufc.....just a little heads up.

Wich really kinda proves the UFC's HW division has alway been kinda... ... ... lame i geuss. I like the way it looks now, but until the UFC purchased PRIDE, it really wasnt that great. Sylvia, Arlovski, Ricco, Rizzo, and Coleman were the best back then. Barnet tooish, but not too great. Now, is the most exciting its ever been though. Kudos to the UFC's current HWs.

Actually Couture won it in his 4th:

UFC 13 Tournament victory over Tony Halme

UFC 13 HW Tournament Final victory over Steven Graham

UFC 15 victory over Vitor Belfort

UFC 15.5 HW Championship victory of Maurcie Smith

Carwin did nothing to earn a title shot. Ya' date=' he defeated Gonzaga, but the Carwin v Cain fight would have been a better idea to go with because they didnt beat anyone that was seriously contending. Gonzaga was a contender, but lost to the champ at the time badly, so shouldnt have been the #1 contender fight for Carwin.

Carwin v Cain to decide the true #1 contender after Big Nog v Lesnar. I think this would have been better, but isnt happening, and Carwin's weak chin will be showcased when Lesnar breathes on him (JK).

Noone in the HW division when Lesnar got his shot deserved to have a shot..... Ya noone. Im happyish that Carwin is getting a shot, but this is to show that Lesnar can handle a big dude, and all that trash talk between the two made people want to see this fight. Garbage, but im goin to watch and be the guy that said "See what I mean?" when Carwin is murdered be a silverback.[/quote']

Agree 100% and it will show in this fight what Carwin actually deserves to be added to this very prestigious list below...

hahah nice work

hahah nice work

so let me see if i got this straight...you think Kimbo has more skill then Lesnar?

haha.

I agree entirely.

you (OP) have only revealed the tip of the iceberg that is your insight into MMA.

please' date=' dont just give a starving man scraps and force him to beg for more.

I will follow you to hell and back if only you would shine your light of eternal combat wisdom on the masses.

you are like jesus of the MMA world. I am literally begging you to explain in tedious detail all the reasons why brock was undeserving of his seemingly early title shot.

I also beg for someone to post atleast 2000 characters on why brock is the greatest MMA fighter in the history of MMA.

why isnt there allready a thread somewhere for this? and by somewher I mean on the top of the first page.[/quote']

this was awesome

Lesnar will get his, being 285 and sitting on top of people smothering them won't work forever. Someone is going to resist his take down and crack him on his jaw, Lets hope Carwin does his job. Lesnar has a weak chin, he needs to be knocked out.

There's no use in starting even more threads about this. There's nothing that can be done. Yeah, maybe he shouldn't have had the title shot that soon, but he's holding the belt right now and that's the bottom line. Everyone loses eventually. Maybe we'll see someone KO him with a massive head kick, or a bomb landing right on the button, but until then, he's the champ and we all just have to deal with it.

There's no use in starting even more threads about this. There's nothing that can be done. Yeah' date=' maybe he shouldn't have had the title shot that soon, but he's holding the belt right now and that's the bottom line. Everyone loses eventually. Maybe we'll see someone KO him with a massive head kick, or a bomb landing right on the button, but until then, he's the champ and we all just have to deal with it.[/quote']

Agree. I'm not a fan of Lesnar, but i won't discount his credentials to be in the UFC. He's an athlete who (so far) has executed his game plan to perfection - either knowing someone like Herring will be out-struck by him or by smothering someone and dropping the lead lunchboxes on them.

Once again, I do not like Brock. I do not like the pro wrestling attitude he brings to the UFC but short of Carwin beating him at the Christmas ham-tossing game (which I look forward to) he is going to be here for a while,

No way will he leave for not being an exemplary fighter, he just brings in too much money.

Here's hoping - Carwin over Lesnar 11/09

Personally I am a fan of Brock, hated him in WWE but in UFC I think he is great, obvious not the best MMA fighter by a long shot. He is just what the UFC needs; a fighter to challenge tradition, a bit raw etc etc. At the end of the day it has worked as the forum is full with "boo hoo I hate Brock, catch my toys as I throw them" threads. I do however agree he got his shot far to quickly I should have been made to have a handfull of fights first.

However as mentioned, the UFC is a company, they have should how good they are as a company by taking this route with Brock, personally a longer road to the title would probably not have drawn as many crowds, as fighter lesser fighters and winning all the time may have made Brock boring and predictable. The UFC owners decide how they want to run it, what fighters face each other in any weight class. I say deal with it or stop watching it if all people can do is get their panties in a bunch.

i agree!!! i cant stand lesnar is to big eather find guys that have a shot! i seen damn good fighters put everything into him and he is just to big. and the kimbo slice things he is an amazing fighter and i dont think he needs to prove himself or anything i believe if he got into the ufc he would make you money so if your looking for money like we think you are put a skilled fighter in not a gorilla1!!!!!!!

Once again' date=' I do not like Brock. I do not like the pro wrestling attitude he brings to the UFC[/quote']

Woah, huge problem with that statement. Get to know your fighters. Brock didn't venture into the world of pro wrestling looking for a great career. He was looking for money, and was a big guy, and was offered a paycheck from WWE, that's all. His attitude that he brings with him is his own, he's a real guy. He's not gonna be fake in front of the camera. People really need to get over the fact that he was in WWE, cause his WWE days have nothing to do with his UFC career. Well, it does, only cause people DID think about his WWE career, and doubted him, which is what made him such a big draw. So to think about it, the people that hate him, are the same people that created him.

Woah' date=' huge problem with that statement. Get to know your fighters. Brock didn't venture into the world of pro wrestling looking for a great career. He was looking for money, and was a big guy, and was offered a paycheck from WWE, that's all. His attitude that he brings with him is his own, he's a real guy. He's not gonna be fake in front of the camera. People really need to get over the fact that he was in WWE, cause his WWE days have nothing to do with his UFC career. Well, it does, only cause people DID think about his WWE career, and doubted him, which is what made him such a big draw. So to think about it, the people that hate him, are the same people that created him.[/quote']

Woah' date=' huge problem with that statement. Get to know your fighters. Brock didn't venture into the world of pro wrestling looking for a great career. He was looking for money, and was a big guy, and was offered a paycheck from WWE, that's all. His attitude that he brings with him is his own, he's a real guy. He's not gonna be fake in front of the camera. People really need to get over the fact that he was in WWE, cause his WWE days have nothing to do with his UFC career. Well, it does, only cause people DID think about his WWE career, and doubted him, which is what made him such a big draw. So to think about it, the people that hate him, are the same people that created him.[/quote']

I have to agree with all of this, interesting take on it

if kimbo wins his first 3 fights in ufc i bet he will get a chance to fight brock.

2. in ufc the champ always fights top contenders unlike boxing where the champ fights nobody's for awhile

if kimbo wins his first 3 fights in ufc i bet he will get a chance to fight brock.

2. in ufc the champ always fights top contenders unlike boxing where the champ fights nobody's for awhile

ya i agree

Ok, this may not make me very popular, but it is a fact.

Randy Couture won the UFC heavyweight title in his 4th professional MMA fight.

As did Brock Lesnar. The only difference is that Lesnar lost to Mir, while Randy was undefeated when he got his shot.

I'm neither a Lesnar lover nor hater, but feel that this is a point that is often overlooked.

Ok' date=' this may not make me very popular, but it is a fact.

Randy Couture won the UFC heavyweight title in his 4th professional MMA fight.

As did Brock Lesnar. The only difference is that Lesnar lost to Mir, while Randy was undefeated when he got his shot.

I'm neither a Lesnar lover nor hater, but feel that this is a point that is often overlooked.[/quote']

Yeah but you must think that back then the champ was a nobody and he didn't come off of a loss and a somewhat boring decision win against someone that wasn't top flight competition.

Also, whoever said (I can't remember who...) that Carwin doesn't deserve a shot when Brock did apparently is a little stupid since Carwin is 11-0 and Lesnar was 2-1 at the time.

Sure, Brock is a big draw but the only reason was because he was controversial and "big and bad." If his fighting style was demonstrated over course of several fights, people would not be as excited about Brock, at least on the casual level. He is a wrestler and, to the masses of casual fans, wrestling is boring, which makes Lesnar boring. Lesnar wouldn't have gotten his shot as soon and would be just "another" fighter. If he shows his true colors in the upcoming fight(s) he will be discredited as a "draw" and then the HW division will be deemed boring by the casual fans.

Fortunately there is still Nog, Couture, Mir, and the ongoing season of TUF for HW entertainment.