Sign in to follow this  
Swiftness

Why so many dana haters???

I can't umderstand why people dislike him so much. He has help put a sport that we love on the map. Were would mma be if not for Dana/ zuffa? Who knows? He may not be the best guy to do business with but can we give him the respect for what he has done? No one is perfect!! Keep up the good work Dana!!

Most people think since Zuffa actually turns a decent profit, they should pay everyone what Mayweather makes.

They fail to see the revenue intake difference between boxing and mma currently.

Also alot of these people have been to feminized these days, and there feelings get hurt when he is not pc, when he talks.

I love it that isn't PC it shows that he's just a guy like anyone of us! Bottom line is when MMA has been around as long as Boxing then I'm more then sure the fighter will get paid. Skies the limit for mma!!!

I think its nice that it's not PC so I can say what I think about Dana. Even if I don't agree with a lot of his tactics or some of his attitudes I have to respect what the UFC has become. That really is the beauty of this sport. No Filter.

lol Look Dana a **** and doe's shady sh#t and even he knows it. He tells people how he feels calls them out lol I LOVE IT LOL The counter program thing and SHUTTING DOWN PRIDE. He should of did some shows and Maybe the Japs wouldnt want to kill him lol ... The basic truth is its ether his way or no way . Thats why people hate him lol

Look I like Dana and thinks he a funny dude some people just dont see the big picture but I do .

I give him alot of respect for TRYING to give us the fights we want like FEDOR or changing hendo vs rich 2 to Victor vs Rich ...

Before this is all said and done Dana will be a legend in this sport ,, Love hate him whatever he is good for the sport and I like for some one that can stand his ground call out other networks and mayweather lame as# ...

i think people get annoyed at dana because he could literally sell aids to you as a great thing. the guy is so deceptively persuasive at times, doesnt mean i dont like the guy, i think he is awesome lol, but lets face it he has skills with words :P

lol Look Dana a **** and doe's shady sh#t and even he knows it. He tells people how he feels calls them out lol I LOVE IT LOL The counter program thing and SHUTTING DOWN PRIDE. He should of did some shows and Maybe the Japs wouldnt want to kill him lol ... The basic truth is its ether his way or no way . Thats why people hate him lol

Look I like Dana and thinks he a funny dude some people just dont see the big picture but I do .

I give him alot of respect for TRYING to give us the fights we want like FEDOR or changing hendo vs rich 2 to Victor vs Rich ...

Before this is all said and done Dana will be a legend in this sport ' date=', Love hate him whatever he is good for the sport and I like for some one that can stand his ground call out other networks and mayweather lame as# ...[/quote']

First off, the term "Jap" is a highly offensive word to Japanese people. Second, Dana didn't want to "shut down" Pride. He wanted to continue it but couldn't find a tv deal. He also wants to bring UFC to Japan, but I really don't see it succeding there. UFC lacks Japanese fighters and they don't fight in the ring.

The reason people don't like Dana is because he talks so much crap that you can't believe anything he says until an official announcement has been made. The guy talks before he thinks and more than half the time he has to take back what he's said. How long have we heard Dana call Fedor a nobody? Then, when there is a chance of him being available he starts hyping Fedor up. The deal falls through and once again he's a hack. The guy is nothing more than a hype machine that likes to cuss after every word.

I like what he has done for the sport but also hate what he has done to the sport. What do I mean by this? The emphasis on acting like a ********* will get you popular. This is evident on TUF where the producers became more enamored with the drama then with the actual competition. (One of the reasons, in my opinion, that the show has lost ratings. People don't want to see talentless ****s) Dana also rewards fighters like Junie Brown who act like complete tools. Also, he seems to want to encourage smack talking before fights in order to get more "heat" so that the marks will buy up ppvs. Then, after the fight you can tell that all that smack talking was just a work, the guys hug and praise each other. I

miss the days of mutual respect before and after a fight. Sure, you had grudge matches, but those would be because something happened between the fighters. Sakuraba vs Royce (honor of the Gracie family), Lion's Den vs Tito (Tito dissing Metzger and some fighter fromt he Lion's Den), Shamrock vs Royce (Classic feud of the early days), Hughes vs Serra (a little more modern but real nonetheless), Liddel vs Ortiz (Ortiz didn't want tog ive liddel a shot at the championship because they were friends. Liddel said they weren't), Hughes vs Triggs (Triggs talking crap during commentary on how he's the better fighter), Wandy vs Rampage(Stems back from the Pride days where Rampage got his **** beat), etc. Now, everyone has a feud before a fight, it's ridiculous.

First off' date=' the term "Jap" is a highly offensive word to Japanese people. Second, Dana didn't want to "shut down" Pride. He wanted to continue it but couldn't find a tv deal. He also wants to bring UFC to Japan, but I really don't see it succeding there. UFC lacks Japanese fighters and they don't fight in the ring.

The reason people don't like Dana is because he talks so much crap that you can't believe anything he says until an official announcement has been made. The guy talks before he thinks and more than half the time he has to take back what he's said. How long have we heard Dana call Fedor a nobody? Then, when there is a chance of him being available he starts hyping Fedor up. The deal falls through and once again he's a hack. The guy is nothing more than a hype machine that likes to cuss after every word.

I like what he has done for the sport but also hate what he has done to the sport. What do I mean by this? The emphasis on acting like a ********* will get you popular. This is evident on TUF where the producers became more enamored with the drama then with the actual competition. (One of the reasons, in my opinion, that the show has lost ratings. People don't want to see talentless ****s) Dana also rewards fighters like Junie Brown who act like complete tools. Also, he seems to want to encourage smack talking before fights in order to get more "heat" so that the marks will buy up ppvs. Then, after the fight you can tell that all that smack talking was just a work, the guys hug and praise each other. I

miss the days of mutual respect before and after a fight. Sure, you had grudge matches, but those would be because something happened between the fighters. Sakuraba vs Royce (honor of the Gracie family), Lion's Den vs Tito (Tito dissing Metzger and some fighter fromt he Lion's Den), Shamrock vs Royce (Classic feud of the early days), Hughes vs Serra (a little more modern but real nonetheless), Liddel vs Ortiz (Ortiz didn't want tog ive liddel a shot at the championship because they were friends. Liddel said they weren't), Hughes vs Triggs (Triggs talking crap during commentary on how he's the better fighter), Wandy vs Rampage(Stems back from the Pride days where Rampage got his **** beat), etc. Now, everyone has a feud before a fight, it's ridiculous.[/quote']

Get rid of the tampon Sally.

Jap was a shortened version of Japanese from England in the 1880's.

In the past, Jap was not considered primarily offensive; however, after the events of World War II, the term became derogatory. And now Japanese-Americans cry about it because it supposedly is a reminder of the loss of WWII.

My God these are the reasons for half the countries problems, bending to the will of idiots.

Get rid of the tampon Sally.

Jap was a shortened version of Japanese from England in the 1880's.

In the past' date=' Jap was not considered primarily offensive; however, after the events of World War II, the term became derogatory. And now Japanese-Americans cry about it because it supposedly is a reminder of the loss of WWII.

My God these are the reasons for half the countries problems, bending to the will of idiots.[/quote']

Neither was the N word back in the day. Yet, that is an offensive word. What does the past have to do with the meaning of it now? It's a derogatory term now, what does it matter what it's true meaning is? Also, Japanese-Americans are crying because of the reminder of WWII? Sounds to me like you have no clue what you are talking about. My friend's family were in an interment camps during WWII. Their family lost everything, try telling that to his grandfather that he is just crying over the past. Look, I'm not all for always being PC, but there are certain terms you just don't say to people.

Neither was the N word back in the day. Yet' date=' that is an offensive word. What does the past have to do with the meaning of it now? It's a derogatory term now, what does it matter what it's true meaning is? Also, Japanese-Americans are crying because of the reminder of WWII? Sounds to me like you have no clue what you are talking about. My friend's family were in an interment camps during WWII. Their family lost everything, try telling that to his grandfather that he is just crying over the past. Look, I'm not all for always being PC, but there are certain terms you just don't say to people.[/quote']

Might try reading history a bit.

The N word was back in the bay period as it reffered to Blacks who where considered soleless at the time. Take it you never read real history much.

WoW he was in a camp, not to be heartless, but hmmmmmmm 1880 and WWII,

which came first Einstein.

And look it up your on the internet, you will find out I'm correct.

Dana is a great business man and love him or hate him he has done more for the sport then most anyone could have dreamed of doing in his short 10 years. Without him you guys wouldn't be here praising him or bad mouthing him, without him you wouldn't be getting these fights on Saturday. I think he wears his feelings on his shirt sleeve and me being a straight shooter I can respect that. People that don't like him are the ones that don't like someone that tells the truth. Dana will stand up for the stuff he says and that's all you can ask of anyone.

As far as the ratings slipping for TUF joshness, ur crazy. Did you see the ratings for the opener? Exactly open mouth insert foot. Don't come on here and whine, kick back and enjoy the show.

Might try reading history a bit.

The N word was back in the bay period as it reffered to Blacks who where considered soleless at the time. Take it you never read real history much.

WoW he was in a camp' date=' not to be heartless, but hmmmmmmm 1880 and WWII,

which came first Einstein.

And look it up your on the internet, you will find out I'm correct.[/quote']

I think you need the history lesson my friend, straight from wikipedia,

"Begraafplaats van de Neger" (Cemetery of the *****); an early US occurrence of neger in Rhode Island, dates from 1625.[6] Among Anglophones, the word (n-word) was not always considered derogatory, because it then denoted ?black-skinned?, a common Anglophone usage."

Again, what does time frame have to do with the meaning of a word? Let's look at a common word, "Nice." The etymology of the word of derives of the latin word nesicus which means ignorant. What does the word mean to you today? Exact same logic can be applied to what the word "Jap" means today.

I think you need the history lesson my friend' date=' straight from wikipedia,

"Begraafplaats van de Neger" (Cemetery of the *****); an early US occurrence of neger in Rhode Island, dates from 1625.[6'] Among Anglophones, the word (n-word) was not always considered derogatory, because it then denoted “black-skinned”, a common Anglophone usage."

Again, what does time frame have to do with the meaning of a word? Let's look at a common word, "Nice." The etymology of the word of derives of the latin word nesicus which means ignorant. What does the word mean to you today? Exact same logic can be applied to what the word "Jap" means today.

Both of u jackoffs need to stop thread jack-ing and take it to PM period!

beatit.jpg

The reason people don't like Dana is because he talks so much crap that you can't believe anything he says until an official announcement has been made. The guy talks before he thinks and more than half the time he has to take back what he's said. How long have we heard Dana call Fedor a nobody? Then' date=' when there is a chance of him being available he starts hyping Fedor up. The deal falls through and once again he's a hack. The guy is nothing more than a hype machine that likes to cuss after every word.

miss the days of mutual respect before and after a fight. Sure, you had grudge matches, but those would be because something happened between the fighters. Sakuraba vs Royce (honor of the Gracie family), Lion's Den vs Tito (Tito dissing Metzger and some fighter fromt he Lion's Den), Shamrock vs Royce (Classic feud of the early days), Hughes vs Serra (a little more modern but real nonetheless), Liddel vs Ortiz (Ortiz didn't want tog ive liddel a shot at the championship because they were friends. Liddel said they weren't), Hughes vs Triggs (Triggs talking crap during commentary on how he's the better fighter), Wandy vs Rampage(Stems back from the Pride days where Rampage got his **** beat), etc. Now, everyone has a feud before a fight, it's ridiculous.[/quote']

First off, Dana doesnt think fedor is a nobody, but he doesnt think he is the p4p best either. the reason he wanted fedor in the ufc is because the fans want it. he has said it many times that his job is to give the fans the fights they want to see. and he really does try his best to do that. obviously it doesnt happen all the time,but for the most part the fans get the fights they want. so your way off on that part.

second, dana didnt reward junie for acting like an ****. he even told junie i should kick you off but thats what you want me to do. so he went and talked to the fighters and they all agreed that they wanted efrain to kick his ****. junie got his **** kicked and was embarressed. that is far worse then getting kicked off. dana even said at the end "Justice was served." now junie got his act together and still fights in the ufc but he earned his way in. he wasnt given a free pass. so again you are way off.

lastly, there is still tons of mutual respect in the ufc. take rich franklin for example. full of class. all of his fights at the end there is so much respect.not everyone has a fued before a fight. and so what if they did? There is smack talk involved in every sport. thats what makes it exciting to watch. it would be boring if USC and OSU hugged and said good luck to each other before a game. or held hands and skipped off the field together after a game. who wants to see a friendly jets v. pats game? the nba, boxing, ect are full of smack talk and grudges. thats just the way it is. get over it or watch something else.

Dana is a great business man and love him or hate him he has done more for the sport then most anyone could have dreamed of doing in his short 10 years. Without him you guys wouldn't be here praising him or bad mouthing him' date=' without him you wouldn't be getting these fights on Saturday. I think he wears his feelings on his shirt sleeve and me being a straight shooter I can respect that. People that don't like him are the ones that don't like someone that tells the truth. Dana will stand up for the stuff he says and that's all you can ask of anyone.

As far as the ratings slipping for TUF joshness, ur crazy. Did you see the ratings for the opener? Exactly open mouth insert foot. Don't come on here and whine, kick back and enjoy the show.[/quote']

The ratings for TUF have been slipping for the past few seasons. That is common knowledge. Season 10 of TUF is being seen as the rejuvenation of the series. I think the main part of this is that we are getting to see some great talent coming to the lackluster Heavyweight division. Also, the feud between Rampage and Rashad has been heating up and people are interested in that. I can almost guarantee you that those two won't be shaking hands after the fight.

Also, Dana does not speak the truth. He speaks from his heart, this doesn't mean it's the truth. Again, he recants his rants all the time. Remember the StrikeFarce comment? He only said that out of frustration. Here's a comment he said after that comment.

?I?m not anti-Strikeforce; I don?t dislike those guys. I dislike Showtime. I don?t like their attitude. They think they?re better than they really are. They?ve been second rate at boxing, second rate at programming. Now they think they?re great at mixed martial arts, and my fight is with them, not with Strikeforce?. They got their **** kicked always by HBO at boxing, yet they tried to stay in it. They got their **** kicked with HBO in programming, and they?re still around. Their going to get their **** kicked in mixed martial arts too. Just not by HBO.?

Again, I have much respect for Dana and what he has done for the sport. However, you have to understand that you have to take what Dana says with a grain of salt. I'm also not big on the way he expresses himself because it's usually led by pure emotion. I personally like dealing with rational people and can't stand drama queens. To each his own.

white is a cool guy. I think dana white is responsible for almost of the recent popularity in mma. I hate when people are always bagging on him because hes not paying somebody enough money, or because of a deal gone wrong or something else just as silly, he knows what hes doing, and he definately knows how to do business love him or hate him hes stilll good no matter what. I dont know why everyone gets so upset about mma fighters salaries anyways, we already have sports with high paid athletes, that act like spoiled brats its called the nfl, nba, mlb, do we really need that in mma?

I think you need the history lesson my friend' date=' straight from wikipedia,

"Begraafplaats van de Neger" (Cemetery of the *****); an early US occurrence of neger in Rhode Island, dates from 1625.[6'] Among Anglophones, the word (n-word) was not always considered derogatory, because it then denoted ?black-skinned?, a common Anglophone usage."

Your own arguement proves me correct.

History lesson time.

You quote 1625

Slavery was from From 1654 until 1865, legally.

The N word is from ***** meaning black, as it denoted color, and was always used as a lower term.

Because black was concidered a void.

Also asked your friends grandfather is Jap was ment as a racial remmark or a shortened version of Japanese back them. Cry babies have changed it today.

Vary similair to Homosexuals and there ad campain to stop people from using the word gay. Which first ment ment happy, cheerful and strange.

Go pc someone who has no brain, because a current adopted term to a word is not just cause to validate action by a individual.

we already have sports with high paid athletes' date=' that act like spoiled brats its called the nfl, nba, mlb, do we really need that in mma?[/quote']

MMA does have that and his name is TITO. haha

History lesson time.

You quote 1625

Slavery was from From 1654 until 1865' date=' legally.

The N word is from ***** meaning black, as it denoted color, and was always used as a lower term.

Also asked your friends grandfather is Jap was ment as a racial remmark or a shortened version of Japanese back them. Cry babies have changed it today.

Vary similair to Homosexuals and there ad campain to stop people from using the word gay. Which first ment ment happy, cheerful and strange.

Go pc someone who has no brain, because a current adopted term to a word is not just cause to validate action by a individual.[/quote']

Geesh.....have this convo somewhere else or stop beating the dead horse.

First off' date=' Dana doesnt think fedor is a nobody, but he doesnt think he is the p4p best either. the reason he wanted fedor in the ufc is because the fans want it. he has said it many times that his job is to give the fans the fights they want to see. and he really does try his best to do that. obviously it doesnt happen all the time,but for the most part the fans get the fights they want. so your way off on that part.

second, dana didnt reward junie for acting like an ****. he even told junie i should kick you off but thats what you want me to do. so he went and talked to the fighters and they all agreed that they wanted efrain to kick his ****. junie got his **** kicked and was embarressed. that is far worse then getting kicked off. dana even said at the end "Justice was served." now junie got his act together and still fights in the ufc but he earned his way in. he wasnt given a free pass. so again you are way off.

lastly, there is still tons of mutual respect in the ufc. take rich franklin for example. full of class. all of his fights at the end there is so much respect.not everyone has a fued before a fight. and so what if they did? There is smack talk involved in every sport. thats what makes it exciting to watch. it would be boring if USC and OSU hugged and said good luck to each other before a game. or held hands and skipped off the field together after a game. who wants to see a friendly jets v. pats game? the nba, boxing, ect are full of smack talk and grudges. thats just the way it is. get over it or watch something else.[/quote']

Want proof of Dana coments on Fedor?

All Dana Quotes,

October 2007 ? ?Fedor sucks, he?s not even a top 5 Heavyweight in the world.?

After he beats Tim Sylvia,

August 2008 ? ?He?s (Fedor) not the best pound-for-pound fighter, not even close, but he?s one of the four or five best heavyweights? ? ?But we all have to thank him for getting rid of Tim Sylvia. He?d been stinking out the joint the last couple of years and Fedor did everyone a favor by beating him so easily and getting rid of him.?

January 2009 ? ?Yes, he?s top five [pound-for-pound], I?ll say he?s top five. He can punch. I?ll say that.?

April 2009 ? ?Fedor is not the pound-for-pound best fighter in the world, Fedor is at a buffet somewhere in Russia.?

July 2009 ? ?I?ve done deals with all the best fighters all over the world?eventually we?re gonna end up doing a deal with Fedor?we?ll get it done.?

July 2009 ? ?My job is to put on the best fighters and to give you, the fans, the fights you want to see, I?ve been trying to get Fedor in the UFC. I want it because you want it. Believe me, I?m trying to make it happen.?

After Fedor doesn't sign.

August 2009 ? ?Fedor is a f***-ing joke?

See how Dana flip flops on the worth of Fedor? It's not very consistent is it? One minute he's not a top 5 heavyweight and the next he is a top 5 p4p.

How did he not reward Junie Browning (thought it was Brown)? He let the guy fight at the TUF Finale and at another Fight Night. That seems to be rewarding him to me.

Third, I have no problem with people having legit feuds with each other. What irks me is when we have made up smack talk like the Florian vs Penn fight. Florian started to talk crap just to hype up the event. Even Penn was taken back because he considered himself friendly with Florian. Then what happens after the fight? They hug. That's BS. I don't like watching fake feuds. If you respect a guy before your matched up, keep the respect. If you don't like the guy before the fight then show respect after the fight by shaking his hand but don't go off saying how great he is.

Both of u jackoffs need to stop thread jack-ing and take it to PM period!

That as good as saying it's against the law to hijack another sites bandwith by posting a pic from there, elsewhere.

History lesson time.

You quote 1625

Slavery was from From 1654 until 1865' date=' legally.

Go pc someone who has no brain, because a current adopted term to a word is not just cause to validate action by a individual.[/quote']

Again, you didn't read the wikipedia entry very well did you? It specifically says that it wasn't used in a racial connotation. It was used to describe the skin color. It only morphed later into a derogatory term. Also, if you are so hell bent on this, why don't you go up to a Japanese person and refer to his people as "Japs" We'll see how long it takes before you get your **** kicked. Anyways, I'm done with this. I find the main subject of this thread much more interesting than dealing with racist BS.

Want proof of Dana coments on Fedor?

All Dana Quotes' date='

October 2007 ? ?Fedor sucks, he?s not even a top 5 Heavyweight in the world.?

After he beats Tim Sylvia,

August 2008 ? ?He?s (Fedor) not the best pound-for-pound fighter, not even close, but he?s one of the four or five best heavyweights? ? ?But we all have to thank him for getting rid of Tim Sylvia. He?d been stinking out the joint the last couple of years and Fedor did everyone a favor by beating him so easily and getting rid of him.?

January 2009 ? ?Yes, he?s top five [pound-for-pound'], I?ll say he?s top five. He can punch. I?ll say that.?

April 2009 ? ?Fedor is not the pound-for-pound best fighter in the world, Fedor is at a buffet somewhere in Russia.?

July 2009 ? ?I?ve done deals with all the best fighters all over the world?eventually we?re gonna end up doing a deal with Fedor?we?ll get it done.?

July 2009 ? ?My job is to put on the best fighters and to give you, the fans, the fights you want to see, I?ve been trying to get Fedor in the UFC. I want it because you want it. Believe me, I?m trying to make it happen.?

After Fedor doesn't sign.

August 2009 ? ?Fedor is a f***-ing joke?

See how Dana flip flops on the worth of Fedor? It's not very consistent is it? One minute he's not a top 5 heavyweight and the next he is a top 5 p4p.

How did he not reward Junie Browning (thought it was Brown)? He let the guy fight at the TUF Finale and at another Fight Night. That seems to be rewarding him to me.

Third, I have no problem with people having legit feuds with each other. What irks me is when we have made up smack talk like the Florian vs Penn fight. Florian started to talk crap just to hype up the event. Even Penn was taken back because he considered himself friendly with Florian. Then what happens after the fight? They hug. That's BS. I don't like watching fake feuds. If you respect a guy before your matched up, keep the respect. If you don't like the guy before the fight then show respect after the fight by shaking his hand but don't go off saying how great he is.

well those quotes are what i based what i said off of. i think you only helped prove my point by posting them. the reason he said he is a joke is because he doesnt think fedor wants to fight the best in the world, NOT that he thinks he isnt a good fighter. rankings change all the time and so do peoples opinions on fighters. so him changing his opinion seems normal to me. a lot can change in 6 months.

like i said before junie earned his way back into the good graces of dana. he wasnt given a free pass.

just because a guy is talking smack doesnt mean he doesnt have respect for him as a fighter. Kenny recognized that bj was the best. kenny just isnt good at talking smack so it seemed funny when he tried to do it. "its time to kill the master" lol. seemed funny to bj too. he even joked around about it. i dont think there was really any type of grudge before that fight.

He obviously is not that great of a speller so it's probably like how he calls Vitor Belfort, Victor. I don't think he meant anything by it.

I really don't think a word can be racist, but people sure can be. Some people can avoid from using words deemed taboo(at least in public) because they choose to practice those views behind closed doors or under white hoods.

I have friends from a lot of different backgrounds and making fun of their heritages and mine is our past time. If you can't say it to someones face that is racist.

well those quotes are what i based what i said off of. i think you only helped prove my point by posting them. the reason he said he is a joke is because he doesnt think fedor wants to fight the best in the world' date=' NOT that he thinks he isnt a good fighter. rankings change all the time and so do peoples opinions on fighters. so him changing his opinion seems normal to me. a lot can change in 6 months.

like i said before junie earned his way back into the good graces of dana. he wasnt given a free pass.

just because a guy is talking smack doesnt mean he doesnt have respect for him as a fighter. Kenny recognized that bj was the best. kenny just isnt good at talking smack so it seemed funny when he tried to do it. "its time to kill the master" lol. seemed funny to bj too. he even joked around about it. i dont think there was really any type of grudge before that fight.[/quote']

Again, I respectuflly disagree with you. Dana was talking trash on Fedor because he was trying to discredit him as being the #1. Dana is all about promoting the UFC. I can't blame him on that, but that just means you can't take him at face value all the time. Prime example? StrikeForce. He has said in the past that he has respect for StrikeForce and Scott Coker. Then, Dana flys off the handle and calls it Strikefarce. Later, Dana says he has respect for them but hates Showtime. Another example is Dana's love hate relationship with Tito Ortiz. Arlovski is another guy that Dana has flip-flopped on.

*EDIT*

Sorry I forgot to reply to the rest of your post.

How has Junie "earned" his way back into the UFC?

Also, it's just a matter of opinion on smack talk. I don't care much for it if there was no beef to begin with. I like the type of person that speaks with his fists and not with his words. That was one of the things that I didn't like about that show Deadliest Warrior. Guys that never met each other talking smack over something that most of them have no real connection to. Joe Vs Pro did the same exact thing and was totally annoying. Now, Tito and Shamrock was entertaining because there was reason for there to be a grudge. Tito flips off Shamrock's team after demolishing their guy and Shamrock flips out on him. That was real. That hug at the end, and the so called passing of the torch, "Not so much."

Again' date=' I respectuflly disagree with you. Dana was talking trash on Fedor because he was trying to discredit him as being the #1. Dana is all about promoting the UFC. I can't blame him on that, but that just means you can't take him at face value all the time. Prime example? StrikeForce. He has said in the past that he has respect for StrikeForce and Scott Coker. Then, Dana flys off the handle and calls it Strikefarce. Later, Dana says he has respect for them but hates Showtime. Another example is Dana's love hate relationship with Tito Ortiz. Arlovski is another guy that Dana has flip-flopped on.[/quote']

well i understand your point on dana saying things based on emotion, but i think its hilarious some of the stuff he says. yes he does contradict himself at times. i just thought fedor was a poor example.

like i said before, Junie got his act together. junie proved to dana that he can act like a professional. just like jesse taylor earned his way back in.

He obviously is not that great of a speller so it's probably like how he calls Vitor Belfort' date=' Victor. I don't think he meant anything by it.

I really don't think a word can be racist, but people sure can be. Some people can avoid from using words deemed taboo(at least in public) because they choose to practice those views behind closed doors or under white hoods.

I have friends from a lot of different backgrounds and making fun of their heritages and mine is our past time. If you can't say it to someones face that is racist.[/quote']

That's the thing, you have an understanding with your friends and that it is cool. However, would it be cool if some stranger went up and said it to them? Even in a non serious manner? Also, just because someone doesn't know that a term is racist doesn't make it right for them to say it. It just means they are ignorant. It's no knock on them, they just didn't know. Now, if they defend that it is not a hurtful term, than it is racist.

Seriously, people just need to use common sense and not do stupid crap just to be going against being PC.

My thought is that Dana never had to share when he was a kid. Dana doesn't care because no one has given him any competition. Myself I think Pride was a better show than UFC but it was going bankrupt. If no one can make a succesful organization Dana will do what he want and say what he wants about fighters and they will still come back to the UFC because it is one of the few places to fight and probably going to pay them the most and provide a consistent high level of competition.

I'm sure it bugs a lot of guys having to eat crow and fight in the UFC after being insulted by Dana White. You are either with Dana or against him. Champ to Chump overnight in his book. That is why I think Fedor will never fight in the UFC and I can respect that.

well i understand your point on dana saying things based on emotion' date=' but i think its hilarious some of the stuff he says. yes he does contradict himself at times. i just thought fedor was a poor example.

like i said before, Junie got his act together. junie proved to dana that he can act like a professional. just like jesse taylor earned his way back in.[/quote']

Again, I have no problem with your point. He does say some funny stuff, but again there are many people that take what he says as the truth. I'm not even a Dana hater, I think he's done some great things. I just don't like everything he does and everything he says. It's just a personality issue with me.

Somehow I think the topic was kind of changed from it's original meaning with the Junie Browning. My point was that the UFC/Dana likes to promote the controversial people over the good fighters. They seem more interested in the drama than the fighting. I can understand why they do this. They are trying to appeal to the people that enjoy Jerry Springer, WWE, and Reality Television. I'm not interested in those things and find that a lot of these entertaining fighters aren't really all that great. How long did it take for Machida to get some decent fights and ultimately a title shot? Compare that to Brock Lesnar. One is much more marketable than the other. However, not a single person can deny that based on technical skill (with the exception of wrestling) and experience that Brock is better than Machida. The UFC is much less likely to promote a non speaking English person than a flamboyant trash talking guy out of the midwest.