Sign in to follow this  
IcedTeaBagger

best camp in mma

It would be awesome if they did camp vs camp events. Now THAT I would pay to see.

dude that is an awesome idea. the next TUF season, haha like black house vs greg jackson's. amazing, regardless of who would win, it would draw huge numbers and the fighters would be fighting for like pure pride, the fights would be amazing

as far as the top natural talent it's black house

but as far as having someone turn a good fighter into a GREAT fighter it's got to be greg jackson..

he can devise game plans and prepair his fighter who may not always be the best , but come out trained the best...

Black house has the 2 best fighters in the league no doubt but did black house make them the best? And i'm not knocking black house guys dont jump down my throat.. black house is the s**t

Really in the end it all comes down to who the individual fighter respects the most and trusts that their coach/trainer/cornerman is going to prepare them the best they can and to ensure that they give the fighter the best opportunity to succeed. that could be at xtreme couture, ATT, Greg Jackson or Bobs local MMA. personally, given the choice i would 100% go and train xtreme couture, he may or may not have the best trainers but out of all the camps and fighters, i respect him the most and would trust him in an MMA bout without question

greg jackson.

1) most importantly, the way he talked up GSP during his last fight.

he was so calm it made me laugh.... up unill then I didnt give a **** about camps... now I look forward to hearing him give the "zen motivational speaker" speach between rounds.

2) his fighters..... GSP I like, Rashad I like, jardine I DONT LIKE AT ALL... (-1 ), nate marquardt I like.... dont know of any other fighters who train under him but as far as rashad (1 loss) GSP (WW champ for the rest of his carreer ) and marquardt ( getting better by leaps and bounds) he (greg) is clearly doing something right....I think it is a combination of planning and communication skills... but that is all opinion.

3) he is clearly not a fighter. he looks scrawny and mildly homely..... looks downtrodden and very "common man" not some roid rage cauliflour eared beef cake. I like em scrawny.

primarily it is his calm meditative demeanor. this sets him apart (IMO) from the rest of the donkeys in the corner yelling and cursing at their fighters.

in second would be nogeira because of his coaching style displayed on TUF. ( as I have recently learned it is black house?)

and third I guess randy because I like him.

never liked militech.... his guys domminated for a while, but they all have an intense redneckery about them I dont appreciate....seem like the kind of guys that would push me into a snow bank ...... all opinion of course.

i agree with you dcent on the zen quality that greg jackson has. reminds me of phil jackson. and like you said of all the cornerman and trainers he looks the most normal. he looks like an english teacher or school teacher to me.

?I don't care! This is how champions are made! Fight on it and hit him with your groin!"

greg jackson to gsp at ufc 100.

thats classic right there.

Thats a very tough call,with all the camps out there.Sure sure Blackhouse is relevant,but they have not been here long enough to create the legacy of others.ATT is probably the toughest camp.It has depth,toughness and comadreship that others could only wish for.My choice of the best camp is Jacksons MMA!!!!!!Hands down Greg is the master of gettn fighters ready.There is depth,competitive sparring on the mat and on thier feet.I have heard that Greg has teamed up with Renzo Gracie,if this is true,they have just added the only faucet i feel they lacked.Its very important to greg that all ego's are left at the door.He knows that 1 uncoachable fighter can severly disrupt your camp.It doesn't hurt that greg is also 1 of the nicest guys in all of the sport.

At the moment.. Black house.

Of all time.. CHUTE BOX.

That camp produced animals... demons lol. I means think about the fighters that came out of that camp... The main ones that come instantly to everyones mind are Anderson Silva, Wanderlei Silva and Shogun.

It would be awesome if they did camp vs camp events. Now THAT I would pay to see.

You know, that's not a bad idea. I would like to see that too. As for the best camp...right now I would agree that the Black is number one...Machida (Champ), AS (Champ), Nog (past champ on his way back), and don't forget JDS (future champ). The thing is, everything happens in cycles. A year ago, it would have been Jackson's hands down. Now ATT is producing more contenders too.

Like who?

And yes I did watch those fights. But did YOU watch Forrest owned by Silva?

Forrest could have trained with anyone and it would have made no difference whatsoever' date=' Anderson is just a better fighter.[/b']

Or Couture losing to Nogeuria?

Nog put up a better fight and Randy got beat by the better man, simple as that.

Or how about Kampmann getting his butt whooped by a replacement?

You clearly didn't or you would have heard Kampmann clearly ignoring his corners advice to take it to the ground.

and Trigg getting KO'd by Koscheck?

Beat by the better fighter simple as.

And Wandy losing to Franklin?

Xtreme Couture were not working Wandy's corner for this fight. Again please don't ask someone else to do there homework if you are not willing to yourself.

And Gina getting demolished by Cyborg?

Cyborg was always the heavy favourite but Gina had her chances.

Or Amir getting KO'd by Hendricks? Stephan Bonnar getting destroyed by Jon Jones? I can go on and on. You my friend, need to do your homework.

Not the greatest of fighters but the entire camp is not going to be worldbeaters.

Please see above and as already stated Maynard, Belfort, and Griffen did very well in there last fights and have all shown improvement through working with Xtreme Couture.

Do I think they are the best camp right now? No, but they arn't ha;lf as bad as you are trying to make out.

there's a ton of amazing training camps in the mma world. places like black house (the noguiera bros)' date=' the miletich camp, team quest (hendo), xtreme couture, chute boxe academy (in its heyday), american top team, american kickboxing academy, sityongdong (however you spell it, with mark dellagrote), Greg Jackson's, and im sure many others.

what is the best camp, which has produced the most champs, best fighters, most legends, best coaching, etc etc

i personally think that currently its Greg jackson, the man is an mma genius, his breakdown of the fighters on the last TUF show was ridiculous, but chute boxe has produced a ton of amazing fighters (wanderlei, vitor, anderson, shogun, etc)[/quote']

You left out the top P4P fighter in the world, GSP!!! for sure jackson's camps are the best in mma as of right now but, xtreme Couture is not for behind.

Black House or Jackson's camp for me. The mighty Wolfslair seems to have been ignored' date=' home to "Ironchin" Michael Bisping.[/quote']

Ironchin huh, I would have thought they would use stainless steel to rebuild it. LOL baaahahahahaha

Black House or Jackson's camp for me. The mighty Wolfslair seems to have been ignored' date=' home to "Ironchin" Michael Bisping.[/quote'] Rampage had sum good wins outa that camp. but thats all for wolfslair.

Ironchin huh' date=' I would have thought they would use stainless steel to rebuild it. LOL baaahahahahaha[/quote']

lol i gota defend bisping here. Even tho he is a dirty scouser.

Il assume ur talkin about the hendo KO. (as thats his ONLY ko/tko loss)

theres a diff btwn taking a punch and blocking a punch? Hendo threw that 1 from the car park. whos chins guna take that?!?!?

You left out the top P4P fighter in the world' date=' GSP!!! for sure jackson's camps are the best in mma as of right now but, xtreme Couture is not for behind.[/quote']

i didnt mention GSP because a lot of people would have started giving me sh*t about him being boring, etc instead of answering my question. just for the record, GSP is one of my favorite fighters, has been since the first matt hughes fight (extremely humble and insane athlete), but in reality i think anderson silva CURRENTLY is the p4p best (and i hate his guts cuz of his arrogance in the cage). but after vitor KOs him, then it'll be GSP

but xtreme couture does seem to be making a comeback now with vitor back in the UFC

Please see above and as already stated Maynard' date=' Belfort, and Griffen did very well in there last fights and have all shown improvement through working with Xtreme Couture.

Do I think they are the best camp right now? No, but they arn't ha;lf as bad as you are trying to make out.[/quote']

You have an excuse for EACH loss. Come on.

You cannot say for each loss "Well, he was the better fighter." They lost, face it. Xtreme Couture is dwindeling, and BlackHouse is the best MMA camp in the world right now. Greg Jacksons team is really good too.