Sign in to follow this  
Exodus9mm

Strikeforce 1 - UFC 0

if you get tired of ufc, you have wec to watch..very good fighters on their too...i don't watch much of mma other than ufc..but i think they have this ppv/tv show organized pretty well..you get live fight night for free on spike too..so free fights on tv is nothing new..and to see fedor fight, he is not that great imo...i agree with what was said, ufc is just ahead of the competition..

Strikeforce-1 UFC-0? More like strikeforce-1 UFC-150. Strikeforce reminds me of the saturday morning wrestling matches you watch when your a kid. when the no name guy comes out and gets his **** kicked by a popular named guy. What happens to strikeforce when their poster boy loses? they get into the fetal position and cry like elite xc. all of strikeforce is riding on fedor. if he loses they are done. thats the difference between UFC and strikeforce. im not a ufc "****" im just realistic.

Sylvia never tapped' date=' never blacked out, lost conscience. He sustained a horrific injury, but never tapped. Nog, Arlovski, and Fedor made him tapout.

Just like when Randy & Vitor lost the Light Heavyweight Title cuz of cuts during their fights for the title. Just like in Fedor's 5 th fight. All fights are considered TKO's, but should be no-contests since the fighters never quit the fight. Victories should only be counted like submitting someone who blacksout during the fight. Hence they cannot continue due to Unconsciousness. Thats unable to continue.

So again Frank Mir never beat Tim Sylvia.[/quote']

I disagree with you. Having a fight stopped because a bone has been snapped due to an arm-bar is not in the same category as a stoppage due to a cut over the eye or something. If you're not an idiot, you tap BEFORE your bone breaks & you lose. If you're an idiot, you let the guy break your arm & then try to be a badass & act like you could continue & actually have a snowball's chance in hell of winning.

Frank Mir absolutely defeated Tim Sylvia. In fact, I would categorize that win as something better than a submission because the arm-bar was allowed to do what it was designed to do - break the arm. How about calling it a SUBMISSION with all caps? Because while Sylvia was too dumb/proud to tap, his forearm submitted to the force of Mir's BJJ!

That's right fanboys' date=' Strikeforce and M-1 Global have just made Dana White look like the egotistical loser he really is, by cementing a deal to showcase their November 7th card LIVE and FREE on NATIONAL television. Fedor/Rogers free on CBS. Nuff said. The ratings will be through the roof, and these two outfits just jumped up huge in the global MMA game. As much as I love and support the UFC, this just goes to show that there are in fact, much smarter people in MMA than Dana White. Pure brilliance, and a great gift to the sport of MMA. Who knows, maybe prominent fighters in the UFC will see the potentials here and jump ship soon. Combine this with the fact that White is obviously running his mouth so much, he's got Top 10 fighters quitting the UFC, and we've got ourselves something to talk about. I know this was announced on the 17th, and might be old news, but I had to bash all the UFC huggers out there.[/quote']

I agree 100% .. The world is going to see Fedor

yah

that brett rogers and fedor dude....that's way better than seeing stupid fighters like

GSP

Anderson Silva

Lyoto Machida

Brock Lesnar

Randy Couture

Rich Franklin

BJ Penn

Frank Mir

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira

Rashad Evans

Forrest Griffin

Tito Ortiz

Vitor Belfort

Dan Henderson

Kenny Florian

Matt Hughes

Sean Sherk

Diego Sanchez

Nate Diaz

Joe Stevenson

Efrain Escudero

Rampage Jackson

Yeah buddy' date=' Strikeforce totally has 1 up on UFC[/quote']

After this post, this thread should have stopped right away, because it annhilates the absolutely moronic title 'Strikeforce 1 - UFC 0'

By my reckoning its Strikeforce 1 - UFC 2,749

PS: I love all MMA and am not just a UFC 'nut-hugger,' but I am intelligent enough to understand the monumental difference between one fighter many still regard as the best signing with a small time organization, while the next 50 best fighters signing for the biggest organization because thats where the competitions at.

Strikeforce-1 UFC-0? More like strikeforce-1 UFC-150. Strikeforce reminds me of the saturday morning wrestling matches you watch when your a kid. when the no name guy comes out and gets his **** kicked by a popular named guy. What happens to strikeforce when their poster boy loses? they get into the fetal position and cry like elite xc. all of strikeforce is riding on fedor. if he loses they are done. thats the difference between UFC and strikeforce. im not a ufc "****" im just realistic.

I heavily disagree with this. Strikeforce has been succesful even before the Fedor announcement. Strikeforce and EliteXC were in completely different situations when they had their CBS events. Strikeforce isn't bleeding money like the other promotions and is in good financial standing. Fedor is also only signed on for 3 fights. They'll use his name to help legitamize their HW division. Even if Fedor somehow lost to someone in Strikeforce, that person would be considered the #1 in the world by all MMA publications. It's a Win/Win for Strikeforce.

This differs completely with Kimbo. Kimbo was the face of EliteXC and was being promoted as this internet tough guy star that was suppose to be demolishing mma fighters. Remember the mess he made out of James Thompson? To the casual fan that tuned in, that looked impressive. Also, EliteXC was in a bad financial situation prior to the Kimbo loss. The Kimbo loss was just a nail on the coffin.

I love watching Fedor and I would tune in to watch this event even if it was filled with no namers (I enjoy watching mma). I don't understand why everyone is so passionate about one organization that they would want another to fail. To me, it just means more MMA to watch. I'm hoping that Strikeforce does well and becomes a great alternative for fighters to go to. Also, I would love to see a revitilzation of MMA interest in Japan. I miss those huge events.

Really? Can you really say that this is Strikeforce 1 and UFC 0? Maybe Strikeforce does have something here, but UFC certainly should have points for it's free PPVs on Spike when they go to England, and maybe fight Nights.

But anyway, how does a company get a point by putting on ONE show with all their best stars? What's left after that? Another free card with nobodys? Or are they just gonna wait so they can put all the same stars on again? Kinda like WWE? Your gonna see the same stars everytime you watch.

Was the free card with Kimbo such a big deal? Maybe at the time, but looking back on it, no way

That's right fanboys' date=' Strikeforce and M-1 Global have just made Dana White look like the egotistical loser he really is, by cementing a deal to showcase their November 7th card LIVE and FREE on NATIONAL television. Fedor/Rogers free on CBS. Nuff said. The ratings will be through the roof, and these two outfits just jumped up huge in the global MMA game. As much as I love and support the UFC, this just goes to show that there are in fact, much smarter people in MMA than Dana White. Pure brilliance, and a great gift to the sport of MMA. Who knows, maybe prominent fighters in the UFC will see the potentials here and jump ship soon. Combine this with the fact that White is obviously running his mouth so much, he's got Top 10 fighters quitting the UFC, and we've got ourselves something to talk about. I know this was announced on the 17th, and might be old news, but I had to bash all the UFC huggers out there.[/quote']

In early 2008, EliteXC had reached an agreement with CBS to broadcast EliteXC shows on prime time. The arrangement was that CBS would broadcast EliteXC specials every other month on Saturday nights. CBS aired only three events in 2008, on May 31, July 26, and October 4. ProElite announced on October 20, 2008 that they would cease operations. So lets not nut hug so much just yet, Haters!!

I heavily disagree with this. Strikeforce has been succesful even before the Fedor announcement. Strikeforce and EliteXC were in completely different situations when they had their CBS events. Strikeforce isn't bleeding money like the other promotions and is in good financial standing. Fedor is also only signed on for 3 fights. They'll use his name to help legitamize their HW division. Even if Fedor somehow lost to someone in Strikeforce' date=' that person would be considered the #1 in the world by all MMA publications. It's a Win/Win for Strikeforce.

This differs completely with Kimbo. Kimbo was the face of EliteXC and was being promoted as this internet tough guy star that was suppose to be demolishing mma fighters. Remember the mess he made out of James Thompson? To the casual fan that tuned in, that looked impressive. Also, EliteXC was in a bad financial situation prior to the Kimbo loss. The Kimbo loss was just a nail on the coffin.

I love watching Fedor and I would tune in to watch this event even if it was filled with no namers (I enjoy watching mma). I don't understand why everyone is so passionate about one organization that they would want another to fail. To me, it just means more MMA to watch. I'm hoping that Strikeforce does well and becomes a great alternative for fighters to go to. Also, I would love to see a revitilzation of MMA interest in Japan. I miss those huge events.[/quote']

Thats all and good but you fail to realize one big problem! If you have so many organization to fight in then we as the fans will never see the best fights. example we will never see fedor fight any of the top P4P in the world of mma that fight in the UFC. It would be great if fighter could jump from organization to organization but that won't happen will it.

Personally, I would love to see Moussasi in the UFC. I know he'll do damage there hahahaha. Anywyay, I do think Strikeforce will be on UFC's radar after that, but right now theyre not a threat at all. Im pretty sure the ratings to that Fedor vs Rogers fight is gonna be through the roof and theyre (strikeforce)definitely gonna be known after that.

I just LOL'd. But really' date=' Strikeforce is like watching WWE to me. It is funny to see the entrances and the silly crap they pull. They have a couple of good fighters, but nothing of the same caliber as UFC.[/quote']

LOL strikeforce is nothing like WWE? What crap are pulling besides making money? You act like there trying to WCW the UFC .. strikeforce dont care about the UFC it will make its money off Fedor and then it will fall.. The good thing is that the UNKNOWN fan that never watch the sport will see FEDOR . Thats good for all MMA

Personally' date=' I would love to see Moussasi in the UFC. I know he'll do damage there hahahaha. Anywyay, I do think Strikeforce will be on UFC's radar after that, but right now theyre not a threat at all. Im pretty sure the ratings to that Fedor vs Rogers fight is gonna be through the roof and theyre (strikeforce)definitely gonna be known after that.[/quote']

... Babalu would like to see the "Armenian-Assassin" in the UFC also :)

Personally' date=' I would love to see Moussasi in the UFC. I know he'll do damage there hahahaha. Anywyay, I do think Strikeforce will be on UFC's radar after that, but right now theyre not a threat at all. [b']Im pretty sure the ratings to that Fedor vs Rogers fight is gonna be through the roof [/b]and theyre (strikeforce)definitely gonna be known after that.

I'm not so sure. The WWE has a far bigger Cable Audience than Strikeforce for example and the Saturday Night Main Events they have run as well as Wrestlemania replays have done average at best on NBC.

I hope they do well as at the very least I'd like to see Fedor and Mousasi build up there reputation and popularity before coming to the UFC at the back end of next year, but my best guess would be the November 7th show will be there only show.

Elite XC had a similiar deal with CBS that ended up killing them. Not to mention they had Kimbo who unfortunately was and still is a bigger draw than Fedor. I'm glad I get to watch a few quality cards on free tv but ultimately I think this will kill Strikeforce.

I heavily disagree with this. Strikeforce has been succesful even before the Fedor announcement. Strikeforce and EliteXC were in completely different situations when they had their CBS events. Strikeforce isn't bleeding money like the other promotions and is in good financial standing. Fedor is also only signed on for 3 fights. They'll use his name to help legitamize their HW division. Even if Fedor somehow lost to someone in Strikeforce' date=' that person would be considered the #1 in the world by all MMA publications. It's a Win/Win for Strikeforce.

I love watching Fedor and I would tune in to watch this event even if it was filled with no namers (I enjoy watching mma). I don't understand why everyone is so passionate about one organization that they would want another to fail. To me, it just means more MMA to watch. I'm hoping that Strikeforce does well and becomes a great alternative for fighters to go to. Also, I would love to see a revitilzation of MMA interest in Japan. I miss those huge events.[/quote']

I'd tune in as well. I watch DREAM & Sengoku, along with Strikeforce. Who cares if they are no name fighters. Everyone at one time were No namers like Machida, Couture even Fedor back in RINGS.

Everyone's so passionate about UFC cuz of Hype that UFC put into their fighters. Everytime UFC does a card I hear great work/job Dana, thanks for the card. And when someone else puts on a card they say it sucks, its not UFC. UFC is UFC. Strike, DREAM, Sengoku, Titan, Gladiator, Bellator, DEEP, M-1 challenge are not UFC. They Are their own brand. And slowly building fighters that will one day be on top of MMA. And not in UFC.

Everyone who doesn't know sh*t about MMA always ask why isnt this fighter in UFC, they should be in UFC. I say Hell No! UFC miss the boat on them, and someone else got them instead. UFC's loss.

Thats all and good but you fail to realize one big problem! If you have so many organization to fight in then we as the fans will never see the best fights. example we will never see fedor fight any of the top P4P in the world of mma that fight in the UFC. It would be great if fighter could jump from organization to organization but that won't happen will it.

Who cares!

I want too see many companies florish, bring in new fighters that UFC overlooks, and can maybe be the top of the heap in MMA. And overlooked in the decade that they missed out on. UFC missed out on Cro Cop, Nog back in their younger years. They missed out on Fedor. Wandy, Shogun when they were at their best.

And the younger crowd Feijao, Shields, Mousasi, Cung Le, Kj Noons, Lawal, even the ones they had but let go Nick Diaz, Lawler, Santiago, Josh & Nick Thompson, Yves Edwards.

LOOK further proof UFC cant have everybody. How many of each fighter in each weight classes they have now? Now imagine ten times that number. UFC wont be able to afford itself. MMA is growing faster & faster. UFC cannot keep up with this.

Elite XC had a similiar deal with CBS that ended up killing them. Not to mention they had Kimbo who unfortunately was and still is a bigger draw than Fedor. I'm glad I get to watch a few quality cards on free tv but ultimately I think this will kill Strikeforce.

How so?

Strikeforce is backed up by a network, Elite XC was backed by Pro Elite, to which Elite F'ed over(gary shaw). It was 1 man that screwed 5 orgs with his scheming stuff. Strikeforce has always been on free television. Its not a PPV based company. They get network money, they never go bankrupt.

This is a big thing for Strikeforce, but UFC does free events all the time. I suppose they haven't done a free event as big as a Fedor event though.

If anything, don't bash the ****s. Encourage them to watch the show and see there is more to MMA than the UFC and Dana White.

I'd tune in as well. I watch DREAM & Sengoku' date=' along with Strikeforce. Who cares if they are no name fighters. Everyone at one time were No namers like Machida, Couture even Fedor back in RINGS.

Everyone's so passionate about UFC cuz of Hype that UFC put into their fighters. Everytime UFC does a card I hear great work/job Dana, thanks for the card. And when someone else puts on a card they say it sucks, its not UFC. UFC is UFC. Strike, DREAM, Sengoku, Titan, Gladiator, Bellator, DEEP, M-1 challenge are not UFC. They Are their own brand. And slowly building fighters that will one day be on top of MMA. And not in UFC.

Everyone who doesn't know sh*t about MMA always ask why isnt this fighter in UFC, they should be in UFC. I say Hell No! UFC miss the boat on them, and someone else got them instead. UFC's loss.

Who cares!

I want too see many companies florish, bring in new fighters that UFC overlooks, and can maybe be the top of the heap in MMA. And overlooked in the decade that they missed out on. UFC missed out on Cro Cop, Nog back in their younger years. They missed out on Fedor. Wandy, Shogun when they were at their best.

And the younger crowd Feijao, Shields, Mousasi, Cung Le, Kj Noons, Lawal, even the ones they had but let go Nick Diaz, Lawler, Santiago, Josh & Nick Thompson, Yves Edwards.

LOOK further proof UFC cant have everybody. How many of each fighter in each weight classes they have now? Now imagine ten times that number. UFC wont be able to afford itself. MMA is growing faster & faster. UFC cannot keep up with this.[/quote']

I completely agree with this. People complain about there not being the super fights if there is more than one major Org. However, how do the new fighters become great fighters? They need to have the chance in these other orgs. Also, the super fights can still happen, it's called co-promotion. Pride allowed Chuck to enter their tournament. UFC had Ultimate Japan where non UFC fighters were fighting in it. It's just UFC is so big now that it isn't in their best interest for them to co-promote. Remember, competition creates better cards.

I hate to do this, but look at professional wrestling. When the WWF and WCW were going head to head each were trying to outdo each other with putting together interesting storylines and matches. As soon as WWF absorbed ECW and WCW, everything went downhill. People continued to lose interest, the same stable of wrestlers were always being shown. A ton of interest in wrestling was lost.

Until Fedor fights in the UFC I don't give a crap what anyone says about him.

This event may be exciting and I will watch it but I don't see how this puts them one up on the UFC. Affliction had some free events too and look at where they are now.

I completely agree with this. People complain about there not being the super fights if there is more than one major Org. However' date=' how do the new fighters become great fighters? They need to have the chance in these other orgs. Also, the super fights can still happen, it's called co-promotion. Pride allowed Chuck to enter their tournament. UFC had Ultimate Japan where non UFC fighters were fighting in it. It's just UFC is so big now that it isn't in their best interest for them to co-promote. Remember, competition creates better cards.

I hate to do this, but look at professional wrestling. When the WWF and WCW were going head to head each were trying to outdo each other with putting together interesting storylines and matches. As soon as WWF absorbed ECW and WCW, everything went downhill. People continued to lose interest, the same stable of wrestlers were always being shown. A ton of interest in wrestling was lost.[/quote']

I commented on something like this as an example/comparison. Its a great debate. Competition brings out the best. Once a monoploy gets in the way, sustance drops, as well as quality.

This event may be exciting and I will watch it but I don't see how this puts them one up on the UFC. Affliction had some free events too and look at where they are now.

What free event did Affliction have? They showed one undercard for free on HDNet. Free Cards is hardly what did Affliction in. It's the over spending for talent, the lack of promotion, and poor ppv buys due to poor promotion that did them in.

yah

that brett rogers and fedor dude....that's way better than seeing stupid fighters like

GSP

Anderson Silva

Lyoto Machida

Brock Lesnar

Randy Couture

Rich Franklin

BJ Penn

Frank Mir

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira

Rashad Evans

Forrest Griffin

Tito Ortiz

Vitor Belfort

Dan Henderson

Kenny Florian

Matt Hughes

Sean Sherk

Diego Sanchez

Nate Diaz

Joe Stevenson

Efrain Escudero

Rampage Jackson

Yeah buddy' date=' Strikeforce totally has 1 up on UFC[/quote']

C'mon dude... :rolleyes: Those bolded and underlined arent helping your case.

C'mon dude... :rolleyes: Those bolded and underlined arent helping your case.

Are you kidding? Franklin losses a fight and you count him as someone that fans wouldn't pay to watch? Tito? Hughes? Sherk? Sanchez? You underlined and bolded way too many people. I get you're point that you're trying to make, but there isn't much there to back it up

you fit into the the ufc fanboy stereotype. who cares where he fights. do you really believe in your mind that someone has to fight in the ufc to be the best. thats delusional. the ufc is a company, a brand name. and what you dont realize is that they dont have all of the best fighters in the world. yes they do have a lot of them, but not all. just a guess but you are probably a lesnar fan huh? and you probably think brock could beat fedor. lol.

i think its great that well see this card for free.. but that doesnt take brilliance.. it takes knowing that they wont have a surplus of ppv buys with that card.. if any1 in the MMA game is brilliant its Dana White.. him and the Fertitas are the ones whove made this sport what it is today.. atleast in the U.S.. before they bought the company Dana was just Chucks manager and a big fan of the sport.. it had no rules no regulations.. and was being banned from every state.. now look what they made it.. through hard work and alot of investment theyve got it all over T.V.. and are breaking records with ppv buys.. theyve increased its fan base by a million times and have generated more money then any other MMA org. in the world.. UFC is the definition of brilliance.. hate Dana all you want but hes still the man and im glad hes in charge of the UFC.. and im no UFC **** look at the user name : )

Alright! Thats it!! Everyone line up so I can whoop all your asses for the stupidity displayed constantly in this thread!! LOL!!!

1. It doesn't matter what banter you guys create in this forum between the UFC and StrikeForce. Either way both companies are doing good right now and both companies are bringing us fights we wanna see. Both companies have talented fighters and that's what it takes to stay alive. You should be thankful that there is more than one company in the world that is trying to bring this sport to mainstream places it hasn't been before. Say thank you and shut up.

2. Whether you believe Fedor to be the greatest HW in the world or not, you can't take away from what he has accomplished and what he has done in his MMA career. The guy is a very good fighter, whether or not he's in the organization you want him to be in.

3. Anyone who calls anyone a "****" is a person with no argument to support their claims so they resort to namecalling. Grade 3 ended for me a long time ago. Either way there is no point in bashing someone elses opinions. That's what this forum is for. Stating your opinion. If you don't like someone's opinion and you have nothing intelligent to say, then just skip the thread and disregard the post that you didn't agree with.

Fedor isnt as good as what people give him credit for. If i seen him beat someone Like Shane Carwin' date=' then i would change my mind. But he beats people like Arvloski, and Silvia, and decisions Big Nog, just does not impress me. I have seen alot of Fedor fights, and I just dont think he is that skilled.[/quote']

ROGERS!! GIVE ME A BREAK!! that guy gets lucky against arlovski movin straight forward & knockin him out..!? arlovski did not look right in that fight.. fedor is overrated! there chew on that emperor lovers! fedor needs to step the hell up & start fighting the ufc heavys to cement his legacy.. strikeforce is so poorly ran..their dancers(ring girls) humiliate me when i'm watchin w/ a friend who has never seen a fight. i watch all the mma i can(which is alot!!) & the ufc is something to behold for anyone, mma fan or not, nuff said

Fedor isnt as good as what people give him credit for. If i seen him beat someone Like Shane Carwin' date=' then i would change my mind. But he beats people like Arvloski, and Silvia, and decisions Big Nog, just does not impress me. I have seen alot of Fedor fights, and I just dont think he is that skilled.[/quote']

if you see him beat some1 like Shane Carwin????? and a decision win over N0G isnt impressive.. WOW first off who has Carwin beat.. he is in NOBODYS list ANYwhere near the top 10 p4p in the world.. and man if you do not think Fedor is ''that skilled'' then you must have not seen any of his fights or just dont plainly understand MMA.. that ''Decision win'' over N0G showed the biggest amount of MMA talent then any other of Fedor's fights.. N0G couldnt get anything going against Fedor.. and Fedor completely diminished his legendary ground game and GnP'd the hell out of him..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDw3tUuoLpM

if you can seriously watch this and say he is not skilled then you are lost.. he has the best Judo throws ive seen in MMA.. the greatest groundgame ive seen.. the greatest GnP.. the best Sambo.. and the greatest chin in MMA.. not to mention his not so flashy but very succesful stand up.. i mean cmon he had CroCop back pedaling when CroCop was not human..

rampage in his recent blog talks about exodus9mm

http://www.amishrakefight.org/gfy/

he has the best Judo throws ive seen in MMA..

Karo Parisyan would disagree with you...

And trust me, UFC is not gonna be bought out by anyone. They aren't like Pride, they have enough money to where they don't have a price

the rest of the card looks promising so far and i look forward to it, but brett rogers sucks. fedor vs. rogers as a main event is a joke. fedor vs. rogers as a fight is a joke.

Your joking right?

Or should I break down reality to you?

And before your go with the "How many will view and see stuff"

I work for Time Warner, Comcast, Insight, and MetroComm.

I know the real breakdown between add rev and cable rev, along with 2 enity, your stupid to reality.

mark my words' date=' this is just the first step strikeforce is taking to dominating the mma business[/quote']

This is the first step in them going under you mean LMFAO

mark my words' date=' this is just the first step strikeforce is taking to dominating the mma business[/quote']

Mark my words M "one person" Global will leave Strikeforce in ruins.

Didn't Dana say in a video interview that by September 2010, UFC will be on network TV as well? They will have a showing every 3 months for free, where instead of a PPV it will be a Network TV special. What network remains to be disclosed but Dana's not taking things lying down.

Worst case scenario would be if it's HBO (I don't think they count as network TV do they?).

1)I have to pay a sub service to get HBO

2)HBO's president and execs have constantly trash talked Dana White, UFC, and MMA in general. While Dana has STILL persued getting signed with them, despite repeatedly getting verbally kicked in the teeth. Which I don't think ANYONE else could have such leverage over DW without him actually firing back.

Now I am a Fedor fan and think he is one of the best ever' date=' but the only credible HW names on that list are Cro-Cop, who Fedor squeaked a disputed decision and took a beating from, and Nog, who he again took a decision from twice. Credible(though questionable on 2 occasions) victories there.

Randelman, Coleman, and Hunt are one dimensional wrestlers, 2 which now fight at LHW and one with a drug problem. Coleman is the only one in the UFC and that is for nostalgia more than anything.

Babalu and Arona are natural LHW's, around 40 lbs smaller.

Fujita, Choi, Herring, journeymen at best.

Sylvia... well just saying Sylvia is enough there.

Fedor's record and being undefeated speaks volumes of course, but his rep was built then, and this is now. The HW talent pool in general and in the UFC in paticular has never been deeper. Many HW's on the roster would likely defeat anyone on that list.

Until Fedor beats some of the new breed HW's in MMA, and the best are on the UFC roster, and fights Mir, Randy, and yes even Lesnar, his place as history's best is far from certain, and arguable at best.

This fight with Grimm Rogers, who only has a punchers chance, and that dwindles with the first minute of the first round, will be great for MMA in general, and even the UFC. When the network deal Dana is working comes to fruition, the new fans brought in by this SF event will get a chance to see the superior product that is the UFC and they will be seen as they are, a MMA minor league with only a handful of credible fighters.[/quote']

Just a couple noob comments. This thread is hilarious, BTW. Hunt is a kick boxer, not a one dimensional wrestler like Coleman. I am big Fedor fan, but would like to see him fight a real opponent on Nov 7th. Not sure if he's the same Fedor that terrorized people a few years ago.

LOL' date=' i thought you were about to close this.[/quote']

LOL Sorry. At least I own up to the closings. I try to let debates go on, but when it is a thread that has been made over and over again, just plain dumb, or a bunch of back and forth gibberish, I close them. I hope people understand, and maybe some even agree. haha