Sign in to follow this  
Bruiserxx

ken shamrock pushes Kimbo

i had never seen that either' date=' that was cool, my opinion, Kimbo would have knocked out shame rock ( shamrock) .

Shamrock is a bitter old man.[/quote']

thats the day before kimbo got knocked out by seth p

thats the day before kimbo got knocked out by seth p

true but Shame rock, I dont think would have done the same.

but everything happens for a reason,

it kind of humbled him.

Glad to see Kimbo with UFC so he can really evolve as a MMA fighter.

I lost all respect for Ken Shamrock when he blatently threw the fight against RIch Franklin' date=' the guy would have been sparked for sure vs Kimbo..[/quote']

how he throw the fight he went for a high kick to his head and fell and franklin just ground and pounded him and the ref called. yea maybe he could of done abetter job defending himself

how he throw the fight he went for a high kick to his head and fell and franklin just ground and pounded him and the ref called. yea maybe he could of done abetter job defending himself

Look at the Tito fights, he has NO defense when he is on the ground. If he cant get the dominant position, and keep it, he sucks.

Not just the finish of the fight, but the fact he fell over before he got hit about 1 minute into the fight, at first it looked like he slipped, but then in the replays he literally took a dive before even getting hit, then he threw a headkick, and fell, and had a glazed look in his eyes, again, I thought maybe he banged his head on the mat when he fell, replay shows him take no damage what so ever, then just lay and refuse to put his hands up till Franklin TKO'd him......

Theres alot of talk about that fight, it was the first ever card live on TV, people say it was rigged to make the sport look exciting, and to show how fights are finished in MMA (purely because they could never have predicted the war Bonnar & Griffin had 5 minutes before).... Others say Shamrock was just simply past it....

I think he threw the fight, but i'm not sure I want to belive it was for the above reason, if he didn't throw the fight and i'm wrong, it was just a very, very strange way to fight & lose..

Not just the finish of the fight' date=' but the fact he fell over before he got hit about 1 minute into the fight, at first it looked like he slipped, but then in the replays he literally took a dive before even getting hit, then he threw a headkick, and fell, and had a glazed look in his eyes, again, I thought maybe he banged his head on the mat when he fell, replay shows him take no damage what so ever, then just lay and refuse to put his hands up till Franklin TKO'd him......

Theres alot of talk about that fight, it was the first ever card live on TV, people say it was rigged to make the sport look exciting, and to show how fights are finished in MMA (purely because they could never have predicted the war Bonnar & Griffin had 5 minutes before).... Others say Shamrock was just simply past it....

I think he threw the fight, but i'm not sure I want to belive it was for the above reason, if he didn't throw the fight and i'm wrong, it was just a very, very strange way to fight & lose..[/quote']

I'm pretty sure that is called trying to lure your opponent into the gaurd, like jumping gaurd. A less intelligent fighter sees their opponent go down, jumps on, makes a mistake and gets subbed. It just didn't work on Franklin, as it was what he expected, since he is lightyears beyond Shamrock in intelligence.

I was so pissed when Ken dropped out of that fight for a nonexistant injury. The commission man and doctor both said he could fight, that there was no cut to worry about, but Shamrock and his corner insisted he was injured and wouldn't fight. What a wussy!

It worked out well for Kimbo though, he got humbled by a fighter he (on paper) was supposed to beat and it seemed to be a turning point in his development. I hope he does well with the rest of his career!

I heard he was adopted :/

He was. His original name was Ken Kilpatrick. Then Bob Shamrock, Frank's dad, adopted him.

They are adopted brothers, yet the still bare an eery resemblance. Am i the only one who sees this?

I'm pretty sure that is called trying to lure your opponent into the gaurd' date=' like jumping gaurd. A less intelligent fighter sees their opponent go down, jumps on, makes a mistake and gets subbed. It just didn't work on Franklin, as it was what he expected, since he is lightyears beyond Shamrock in intelligence.

I was so pissed when Ken dropped out of that fight for a nonexistant injury. The commission man and doctor both said he could fight, that there was no cut to worry about, but Shamrock and his corner insisted he was injured and wouldn't fight. What a wussy!

It worked out well for Kimbo though, he got humbled by a fighter he (on paper) was supposed to beat and it seemed to be a turning point in his development. I hope he does well with the rest of his career![/quote']

Yup, alot of people say he was trying to feint, the more you watch it though, the worse it looks, it was just a strange, strange fight...

I don't really know anything about the Kimbo fight, other than like you say he dropped out..