Sign in to follow this  
ArcaneKnight

The Fight That Has The Entire PRIDE and UFC Rivalry Riding On It's Shoulders..

This fight is the last true UFC vs. PRIDE Super Fight. Lyoto Machida vs. Mauricio Shogun Rua. This fight will officially determine which organization was the better one all along.. The consensus #1 LHW of the world, fighting the #1 ranked LHW Pride fighter, who was ranked #1 LHW in the world for quite a long time.

Let's just go ahead and dub this fight the last true UFC vs.PRIDE Super Fight. Then we can put the rivalry to rest, and figure out just which organization has always been the best. There's not just a title at stake, but an entire organization riding on each of their backs. Lyoto representing the UFC, and Shogun repping PRIDE.

The rivalry ends here, and all of us MMA fans will finally have an answer to which organization has always been better, UFC or Pride. It should already be a given, look what happened to Cro Cop when he got to the UFC. But Im giving Pride another opportunity to redeem themselves, and finally put this argument to rest.

I'm going to go ahead and let it be known, UFC has always been the better ORG. Sorry PRIDE, but Lyoto Machida is going to prove my point come October 24th.

You heard it here first.

This fight is the last true UFC vs. PRIDE Super Fight. Lyoto Machida vs. Mauricio Shogun Rua. This fight will officially determine which organization was the better one all along.. The consensus #1 LHW of the world' date=' fighting the #1 ranked LHW Pride fighter, who was ranked #1 LHW in the world for quite a long time.

Let's just go ahead and dub this fight the last true UFC vs.PRIDE Super Fight. Then we can put the rivalry to rest, and figure out just which organization has always been the best. There's not just a title at stake, but an entire organization riding on each of their backs. Lyoto representing the UFC, and Shogun repping PRIDE.

The rivalry ends here, and all of us MMA fans will finally have an answer to which organization has always been better, UFC or Pride. It should already be a given, look what happened to Cro Cop when he got to the UFC. But Im giving Pride another opprotunity to redeem themselves, and finally put this argument to rest.

I'm going to go ahead and let it be known, UFC has always been the better ORG. Sorry PRIDE, but Lyoto Machida is going to prove my point come October 24th.

You heard it here first.[/quote']

Dude, Pride and UFC had different rules. No kicking when the opponent is down in the UFC and no elbows in Pride. Also ring vs cage. We need to give these Pride fighters a few fights for them to get used to the Octagon... That being said Shogun had 3 fights in the octagon so he should be ready. Lastly, the last UFC vs Pride will be when Fedor fights in the UFC.

Cro Cop is one of many who has had not such a great success after switching from Pride to UFC. UFC has always had the top fighters imo but pride had a better overall roster. I think most people who loved pride choose it more for the rule set and scoring system, loving the fighters came from watching the show and enjoying it, not actually just watching the show originally to see a certain fighter such as Chuck or Tito or Brock etc.

Dude' date=' Pride and UFC had different rules. No kicking when the opponent is down in the UFC and no elbows in Pride. Also ring vs cage. We need to give these Pride fighters a few fights for them to get used to the Octagon... That being said Shogun had 3 fights in the octagon so he should be ready. Lastly, the last UFC vs Pride will be when Fedor fights in the UFC.[/quote']

No if Fedor joins the UFC, it will be Pride vs. WWE.

I think this could only be Pride Vs UFC 2 - the first super fight between the 2 was Rampage vs Chuck Liddell IMO, UFC 1-0 down.

I think you could only guage which was best at the time of the takeover, its been over 2 years now since Pride was taken over, I think Pride had better fighters in the early to mid 2000's.

This fight is the last true UFC vs. PRIDE Super Fight. Lyoto Machida vs. Mauricio Shogun Rua. This fight will officially determine which organization was the better one all along.. The consensus #1 LHW of the world' date=' fighting the #1 ranked LHW Pride fighter, who was ranked #1 LHW in the world for quite a long time.

[/quote']

equivalent to saying couture today VS nogeira 5 years ago to determine the greatest orgonization ever.

that being said lyoto will win.

and arkane....lee mack ( for those not in his close circle of friends this is what we call lyoto machida ) told me to tell you to stop hanging around his childrens school. he appreciates that you were giving them rides home when he was fighting in proffesional orgonizations for money. he even appreciates the fact that you kept his wife company while he was away.... but the teachers are starting to get creeped out at your 1973 blue rapist van being parked outside an elementary school for 8 hours a day.

You heard it here first.

waitaminute....... how do you know what I have heard......unless......

GET OUT OF MY HEAD YOU MINDREADING SEXUAL TITAN!

I think this could only be Pride Vs UFC 2 - the first super fight between the 2 was Rampage vs Chuck Liddell IMO' date=' UFC 1-0 down.

I think you could only guage which was best at the time of the takeover, its been over 2 years now since Pride was taken over, I think Pride had better fighters in the early to mid 2000's.[/quote']

The fight between Chuck and Rampage was settled back in the Pride GP. Chuck was overrated for beating a bunch of wrestlers. This fight is the #1 LHW's of each org, fighting eachother. This will be the deciding fight, that puts all questions and doubts about which organization was best, to rest. Once and for all.

The fight between Chuck and Rampage was settled back in the Pride GP. Chuck was overrated for beating a bunch of wrestlers. This fight is the #1 LHW's of each org' date=' fighting eachother. This will be the deciding fight, that puts all questions and doubts about which organization was best, to rest. Once and for all.[/quote']

Rampage won both, at the time Chuck was the best LHW the UFC had just like Lyoto is now, you cant say Chuck doesnt count and Lyoto does.

I agree with the big difference being in the rules and the fact its a cage not a ring. But if it makes you feel better to think of it this way go for it. I for 1 see it as the no.4 or 5 contender vs the champ but hey that's just logic and common sense talking.

AK in your world when you sleep do you count little Lyoto's jumping over a fence or just about snuggling into his nutz? I mean after all he is your boy right?

I agree with the big difference being in the rules and the fact its a cage not a ring. But if it makes you feel better to think of it this way go for it. I for 1 see it as the no.4 or 5 contender vs the champ but hey that's just logic and common sense talking.

AK in your world when you sleep do you count little Lyoto's jumping over a fence or just about snuggling into his nutz? I mean after all he is your boy right?

No. It's UFC's #1 LHW vs. Prides #1 LHW.

And MTC.. Chuck is an outdated fighter. He beat a bunch of wrestlers, look what happened when he fought someone that could actually strike? Just like Matt Hughes, the new age of fighters is just a more complete fighter, than when Chuck fought.

I consider both Shogun and Machida, a new age, modern, complete fighter. That is why the entire UFC vs. Pride rivalry is riding on this one fight.

And MTC.. Chuck is an outdated fighter. He beat a bunch of wrestlers' date=' look what happened when he fought someone that could actually strike? Just like Matt Hughes, the new age of fighters is just a more complete fighter, than when Chuck fought.

I consider both Shogun and Machida, a new age, modern, complete fighter. That is why the entire UFC vs. Pride rivalry is riding on this one fight.[/quote']

I agree the fighers are new modern fighters and much better than the fighters from back then but back then it was relative - Rua and Rampage fought twice in 2005 in Pride, they each won a fight each, which puts them at that time on the same level, Rampage then went on to beat the best UFC fighter, doesnt matter that Chuck was only beating wrestlers it was enough to put him at the top of the UFC pile - the UFC has come a long way since then, partly down to Pride - where did the Nog brothers fight???

I was much more specific than saying' date=' just "a lot." Nice try trying to discredit my estimate though.[/quote']

Then show us. I'd like to see. If you click on your name there is an option that says, FIND ALL POST, click it then find your post. Quote it in here. I would really like to see how close you were. Seriously, I'm not being a smartass. I'd honestly like to see :)

And MTC.. Chuck is an outdated fighter. He beat a bunch of wrestlers' date=' look what happened when he fought someone that could actually strike? Just like Matt Hughes, the new age of fighters is just a more complete fighter, than when Chuck fought.

I consider both Shogun and Machida, a new age, modern, complete fighter. That is why the entire UFC vs. Pride rivalry is riding on this one fight.[/quote']

Just because you are the undefeated Champ does not make you the the #1 UFC LHW. That would be like trying to argue Rashad as #1 when he was champ before he got KTFO.

you need to get off Machidas nuts. Him winning this fight doesnt prove which is the best organization, you act like there was no other #1 LHW contender before Machida. The only thing this fight is gonna prove is who is the LHW champion. Besides, one fight cant determine a whole organization.

What a silly thread.

Do you think machida & rua Are thinking about the ORG rivalry? It Died a long time ago people are content with the excellent memories of pride.

These are prime fighters, fighting for the UFC & couldn't care less about strumming up a rivalry between an organisation that is Owned by the one they are now working for.

Both minds are on that Belt..... No questions asked lol.

The only thing that ufc should do with pride is to Reinstate the Hall of fame.

The rivalry ends here, and all of us MMA fans will finally have an answer to which organization has always been better, UFC or Pride. It should already be a given, look what happened to Cro Cop when he got to the UFC. But Im giving Pride another opportunity to redeem themselves, and finally put this argument to rest.

Hmm.. i dont think so, why does it matter which is better? Pride isnt even around anymore, and are you THAT much of a UFC **** sucker to even care which organisation had the best fighters? Seriously.. why the hell does it matter lol, in its day, when pride was around, Pride had the better fighters, theres no argument abut that, but its irrelevant now, as Pride no longer exists.

I think an organisation is as good as its fights are. Pride FC had some EPIC, and i mean EPIC fights. I love the UFC, and have followed UFC for a very long time. However, many of my MMA memories come from watching Pride. More MMA memories come from Pride. The Shogun vs Machida fight is a great fight between too great fighters. It IS NOT a Pride vs UFC event haha. Its a UFC event including TWO UFC fighters.

Honestly... Why i even bothered to reply to this.. Its the most ridiculous thread ever lol.

I agree the fighers are new modern fighters and much better than the fighters from back then but back then it was relative - Rua and Rampage fought twice in 2005 in Pride' date=' they each won a fight each, which puts them at that time on the same level, Rampage then went on to beat the best UFC fighter, doesnt matter that Chuck was only beating wrestlers it was enough to put him at the top of the UFC pile - the UFC has come a long way since then, partly down to Pride - where did the Nog brothers fight???[/quote']

Lol Rua and Rampage didnt fight twice... MURILO NINJA RUA fought Rampage first (shoguns brother) and lost a controversial decision, even Rampage thought he had lost. After the fight, Shogun Rua challenged Rampageto get revenge on the controversial loss on his brothers behalf. And he did so in spectacular fashion. Giving Rampage the most one sided beating i think i ever seen Rampage take. He beat the crap out of him... Rampage was like a boxing bag for Shogun lol.

Hmm.. i dont think so' date=' why does it matter which is better? Pride isnt even around anymore, and are you THAT much of a UFC **** sucker to even care which organisation had the best fighters? Seriously.. why the hell does it matter lol, in its day, when pride was around, Pride had the better fighters, theres no argument abut that, but its irrelevant now, as Pride no longer exists.

I think an organisation is as good as its fights are. Pride FC had some EPIC, and i mean EPIC fights. I love the UFC, and have followed UFC for a very long time. However, many of my MMA memories come from watching Pride. More MMA memories come from Pride. The Shogun vs Machida fight is a great fight between too great fighters. It IS NOT a Pride vs UFC event haha. Its a UFC event including TWO UFC fighters.

Honestly... Why i even bothered to reply to this.. Its the most ridiculous thread ever lol.[/quote']

I definatly agree.

This thread was SOOO not worth reading.

No if Fedor joins the UFC' date=' it will be Pride vs. WWE.[/quote']

AK, the fact that you make statements such as this, means that most people (who actually understand this sport) will never take you seriously.

geez get over brock coming from the wwe,that was ages ago,let it go...he is the HW champion and thats that.as for machida,i think shogun is the best opponent for him in the LHW division and will really challenge machida,but in saying that,shogun hasnt faced sumone soo elusive and hard to hit,and machida is an exceptional counter striker.i think it will go to a decision for machida

Hah. Another copy and pasted atricle from another site, probably.

Anyway, it's not Pride vs UFC for this upcoming fight. Machida may be #1 right now, but he hasn't been there for long. He hasn't defended yet. Theres just no way he represents UFC.

I've read some dumb threads but holy goat nut this is tard talk. The rivalry ended years ago if their ever was one. UFC wins Unanimous Decision. Chuck over Wandy' date=' Forrest over Shogun, Frank Mir over Nog and so on.[/quote']

This is a stupid thread but I dont know from where you got that UFC won:) Rampage over Liddel, Anderson over Franklin, Nog over Sylvia, Shogun over Liddel, Nog over Coutore

there is no rivalry anymore. and by the way, your "boy" anderson and lyoto both fought in pride, and they are doing fairly well in the UFC. if you want to look at it that way, the is actually PRIDE vs PRIDE, its just that machida was never a big name in pride and shogun was. anderson's and lyoto's fighting style didnt adapt as well in PRIDE as it has in the UFC cuz pride had a bunch of animals. the fights in PRIDE were more entertaining, but the UFC has better and more technical fighters

there is no rivalry anymore. and by the way' date=' your "boy" anderson and lyoto both fought in pride, and they are doing fairly well in the UFC. if you want to look at it that way, the is actually PRIDE vs PRIDE, its just that machida was never a big name in pride and shogun was. anderson's and lyoto's fighting style didnt adapt as well in PRIDE as it has in the UFC cuz pride had a bunch of animals. the fights in PRIDE were more entertaining, but the UFC has better and more technical fighters[/quote']

What are you talking about? I shouldn't even be responding to this TUF nub, but Lyoto never fought for Pride. He fought in K-1 Hero's but not Pride. But that's besides the point, Machida is a UFC fighter, he's always wanted to be a UFC champion, and now the drag-on, is the champyon.

So yes, Machida is a UFC fighter, and Shogun is a Pride fighter. They're representing their orgs, and this is the best of the best of each org going at it, to decide which organization was the best all along.

And I can tell you right now.. It's not looking too good for Pride. I'll tell you that much.

What are you talking about? I shouldn't even be responding to this TUF nub' date=' but Lyoto never fought for Pride. He fought in K-1 Hero's but not Pride. But that's besides the point, Machida is a UFC fighter, he's always wanted to be a UFC champion, and now the drag-on, is the champyon.

So yes, Machida is a UFC fighter, and Shogun is a Pride fighter. They're representing their orgs, and this is the best of the best of each org going at it, to decide which organization was the best all along.

And I can tell you right now.. It's not looking too good for Pride. I'll tell you that much.[/quote']

agreed

lyoto machda is going to destroy rua just like he has to every other fighter he has faced, it will be no different, mark my words gentlemen and mark them well, but pride was never better than ufc, the only fighter from pride that has done well in the ufc is anderson silva, cro cop didnt do well, shogun hasnt done well, rampage lossed to forrest griffin pathetically, the only one saving face for pride is anderson, but wut else can we expect from the greatest fighter to ever grace the octogan aside with lyoto, theyre taking over one division at a time and theres nothign an yfighter can do to stop the rage in which they are destroying everyweightclass, lyoto has the best division on lock, and anderson is just prancing around from division to division destroying everyone leaving bodies in wake and others running away in disbelief

Pride was way better than the ufc, better fighters, fights, fans, announcers, commentators, I got way more enjoyment watching a pride event than a ufc event.

What are you talking about? I shouldn't even be responding to this TUF nub' date=' but Lyoto never fought for Pride. He fought in K-1 Hero's but not Pride. But that's besides the point, Machida is a UFC fighter, he's always wanted to be a UFC champion, and now the drag-on, is the champyon.

And I can tell you right now.. It's not looking too good for Pride. I'll tell you that much.[/quote']

your right it's not looking good for Pride, because Pride no longer exist! both Machida and Shogun are UFC fighters now. This fight has nothing to do with Pride! its for the UFC LHW title, not to determine which org is better

your right it's not looking good for Pride' date=' because Pride no longer exist! both Machida and Shogun are UFC fighters now. This fight has nothing to do with Pride! its for the UFC LHW title, not to determine which org is better[/quote']

Shogun will always be a Pride fighter. It's the ORG he made his name in. He might not go on record saying it, but see him walking the streets and ask him, he'll probably tell you Pride 4 life, Pride til I die. And Machida has always wanted to be a UFC champion, so Machida is a UFC fighter.

So you guys remember this while you're watching the fight. This is more than just a fight for the UFC's LHW title. This is a fight between the UFC and Pride. This is the last showdown, this is where the 2 final bosses meet to determine a winner. The bus stops here. There is no after this, the rivalry dies with this match. Game over. And when the dust settles, and the smoke clears, you will see the UFC rise, solidifying itself in history as the best MMA organization of all time.

your right it's not looking good for Pride' date=' because Pride no longer exist! both Machida and Shogun are UFC fighters now. This fight has nothing to do with Pride! its for the UFC LHW title, not to determine which org is better[/quote']

im sorry but it almost has everythign to do with pride, ever since prides fighters enetered the ufc its been a non stop contest to see who the better organize was, and this is the last match to decide that fact

Shogun will always be a Pride fighter. It's the ORG he made his name in. He might not go on record saying it' date=' but see him walking the streets and ask him, he'll probably tell you Pride 4 life, Pride til I die. And Machida has always wanted to be a UFC champion, so Machida is a UFC fighter.

So you guys remember this while you're watching the fight. This is more than just a fight for the UFC's LHW title. This is a fight between the UFC and Pride. This is the last showdown, this is where the 2 final bosses meet to determine a winner. The bus stops here. There is no after this, the rivalry dies with this match. Game over. And when the dust settles, and the smoke clears, you will see the UFC rise, solidifying itself in history as the best MMA organization of all time.[/quote']

dude your thinking to much into this. if anything the whole Pride vs UFC fight wouldve been Shogun vs Forrest cause Shogun was fresh out of Pride. There is no longer a rivalry because Pride is nomore! dont get me wrong Machida vs Shogun is gonna be a great fight but it certainly is not gonna determine the best org

Anderson was not a "Pride" fighter. He had two fights with Pride and signed with the UFC way before Zuffa bought out Pride. Chuck over Wandy' date=' Forrest over Shogun, Mir over Nog, Franklin over Wandy, Forrest over Rampage, Lesnar and O'brien over Herring, many more, Anderson had five fights in the UFC before fighting Hendo after he signed after Pride was bought so should count as well.[/quote']

So what. He became known in Pride and he trained with Chute box - hence Pride fighter. By your logic no one really is a Pride or UFC fighter beacuse almost all of them fought in other promotions as well.

You cant really compare UFC with PRIDE now anyway beacuse at the time PRIDE fell apart many of the todays fighter werent in the UFC anyways. Lyoto fought for Pride before too so is he a Pride fighter?

You could only compare UFC vs PRIDE at the moment when Pride fell apart or before. I compare it like this:

Notable Pride fighters at the time were:

Rampage,Henderson,Shogun,Wanderlei,Nog,Crocop,Anderson,Fedor,

Notable UFC fighters at the time were:

Coutore,Liddel,Ortiz,Hughes,Griffin,GSP,Franklin,BJ,Arlovski,Sylvia,Mir

Fighters who are still relevant or sucesufull today are:

Pride:Rampage,Henderson,Shogun,N0g,Anderson,Fedor thats 6

UFC:GSP,BJ Penn maybe Franklin and Mir(not for long) thats 4

So you can see Pride won. But you cant compare fighters from PRIDE with new fighters who are coming every day, beacuse Pride isnt producing new fighters anymore.

ArcaneKnight,

Your post makes no sense..."the last superfight between UFC and Pride"? There is no Pride organization. the very fact that UFC was able to buy Pride and put them out of business shows that UFC is king...period. And Rua is a UFC fighter (no longer a Pride fighter) so your original statement is baseless and pointless...

ArcaneKnight' date='

Your post makes no sense..."the last superfight between UFC and Pride"? There is no Pride organization. the very fact that UFC was able to buy Pride and put them out of business shows that UFC is king...period. And Rua is a UFC fighter (no longer a Pride fighter) so your original statement is baseless and pointless...[/quote']

It's like people saying Brett Favre will always be a Green Bay Packer, even though he's not playing for them anymore. Even though Shogun isn't fighting for Pride anymore, to most, he will always be a Pride fighter. And you can't count the Forrest fight against Shogun, because he had a knee injury where he wasn't able to fully train right, keep his cardio up, and all around was just a really low point in his career.

Now Shogun is coming out ready, and looking like the Shogun of old, the "Pride" Shogun if you will, that is why this is the last true superfight between the 2 org's #1 LHW fighters. The fight where not only is the title on the line, but a fight where both fights have the weight of both organizations riding on their backs. All of the old Pride fighters will be pulling for Shogun, because they know Pride's reputation is on the line, and at risk.

There is a rivalry within the UFC with this match. UFC fighters pulling for UFC fighters, and Pride fighters pulling for their former Pride fighting buddies. There is much more at stake than any of you could even fathom. Shogun can't let all his fellow Pride fighters down, all his Pride fans in Japan, he can't let down the organization as a whole. This is why this fight will be a showdown of epic proportions.

UFC vs. PRIDE. 1 night, 1 fight, 2 fighters laying it all down on the line for their respective orgs, to decide once and for all just which organization was the best all along.. The UFC LHW title is just the icing on top of the cake, it's just a bonus. The real prize lies within.

wow you have a lot of time on your hands haha that was good though. You can think of it as a UFC vs Pride fight but I dont think anyone else will, and what will you say if Machida loses? will you then say that Pride was better then UFC? and how can you not count the Forrest fight? what about the fight with Liddell? does that not count either? there have been many UFC vs Pride fights then...Forrest vs Shogun, Liddell vs Wanderlei, Liddell vs Shogun, Rampage vs Liddell...etc. the list can go on and on.....you see Machida cannot represent all of UFC just as Shogun cannot represent all of Pride

You know what? Since Rua was never champion in Pride i say the real rep for pride is Big Nog. And the rep for UFC is Randy. That fight already happened and Pride prevailed. End of story.

wow you have a lot of time on your hands haha that was good though. You can think of it as a UFC vs Pride fight but I dont think anyone else will' date=' and what will you say if Machida loses? will you then say that Pride was better then UFC? and how can you not count the Forrest fight? what about the fight with Liddell? does that not count either? there have been many UFC vs Pride fights then...Forrest vs Shogun, Liddell vs Wanderlei, Liddell vs Shogun, Rampage vs Liddell...etc. the list can go on and on.....you see Machida cannot represent all of UFC just as Shogun cannot represent all of Pride[/quote']

Yes they can, because they are both in top form. Shogun when he fought Forrest to when he fought Chuck is like night and day. So yeah, Forrest caught Shogun and a low point in his career and took advantage of Shogun not being able to fully prepare. Those other fights you listed were just for old times sake. These 2 fighters are on top of their game, in their Primes, representing 2 prime time Org's to put a stamp on which company was always the best and end the debate for good. This fight will officially put the rivalry to rest, and we can bury Pride once and for all.

Pride was good for it's time, but UFC has always been the future. I'm just glad I'm finally going to be able to put the period at the end of the sentence, and the chapter, and close the Pride book, having the final question answered.

Yes they can' date=' because they are both in top form. Shogun when he fought Forrest to when he fought Chuck is like night and day. So yeah, Forrest caught Shogun and a low point in his career and took advantage of Shogun not being able to fully prepare. Those other fights you listed were just for old times sake. These 2 fighters are on top of their game, in their Primes, representing 2 prime time Org's to put a stamp on which company was always the best and end the debate for good. This fight will officially put the rivalry to rest, and we can bury Pride once and for all.

Pride was good for it's time, but UFC has always been the future. I'm just glad I'm finally going to be able to put the period at the end of the sentence, and the chapter, and close the Pride book, having the final question answered.[/quote']

Just because those fights were old doesn't mean they shouldn't be considered, and what if Machida losses? I mean seriously...if he does would you really think that means Pride was better then UFC? C'mon guy I'm starting to wonder if your being sarcastic or if your actually serious

You know what? Since Rua was never champion in Pride i say the real rep for pride is Big Nog. And the rep for UFC is Randy. That fight already happened and Pride prevailed. End of story.

Yes, but he was a Grand Prix winner, and while in Pride was considered the #1 LHW in the world for some time, so I consider him their LHW champion. Pride's #1 LHW fighter vs. UFC's #1 LHW fighter.

And get out of here with that Randy vs. Nog talk. They are nowhere near the level of Shogun and Machida, in terms of versatility, and all around skill level. That is why there is so much at stake with this fight. Just accept it Pride fan boys, if Machida wins this fight, you all have no more agruments, you'll have to come to terms that the UFC was always the better org.

This fight has that entire argument at stake. Machida wins, sorry Pride fanboys, but you have no debate. Machida will prove Pride has always had inferior fighters.

Unless fighters are in their prime, and at the top of their orgs like Shogun was with Pride, and Machida is with the UFC, those arguments are irrelevant. I dont care about fights, or who won, when they didnt happen 5 years earlier. Both fighters are in their Prime, and the Pride Shogun is back for this one fight with Machida, so we can all see which ORG has always been the best..