Sign in to follow this  
junbo79

Junior Dos Santos Vs Gabriel Gonzaga @ UFC 107 or 108?

http://www.fighters.com/10/11/junior-dos-santos-v-gabriel-gonzaga-in-ufc

Should be a very great fight if everything works out.

A matchup between Fighters.com?s seventh-ranked heavyweight ?Cigano? Junior dos Santos (9-1) and former UFC title challenger ?Nap?o? Gabriel Gonzaga (11-4) is in the works, Fighters.com has confirmed with a source close to one of the fighters.

Fighters.com hasn?t confirmed the date of the fight and no contracts are signed. If the matchup is in December, it?s likely to occur at UFC 107 at the FedExForum in Memphis December 12. However, according to unconfirmed reports, that card is already stacked with pay-per-view quality matchups. UFC 108 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas January 2 and is also a likely event for the matchup.

?Cigano? forced once-feared ?Cro Cop? Mirko Filipovic (25-8-2) to quit at 2:00 of round three at UFC 103 in Dallas September 19. Gonzaga TKO?d Chris Tuchscherer (15-2) in 2:27 at UFC 102. Dos Santos?s only loss is by armbar submission while Gonzaga is a notoriously skilled and powerful submission grappler, making the matchup keenly interesting.

The matchup also continues a trend in the UFC of Brazilians fighting Brazilians in big fights.

The UFC 104 main event in Los Angeles October 24 will pit Fighters.com and UFC light heavyweight champion ?Dragon? Lyoto Machida (15-0) versus sixth-ranked ?Shogun? Mauricio Rua (18-3), both Brazilians. At UFC 106 in Las Vegas November 11, Big Nog?s brother, ?Minotoro? Antonio Rogerio Nogueira (15-3), will debut in the UFC versus seventh-ranked light heavyweight ?Banha? Luis Arthur Cane (8-1). Second-ranked welterweight ?Pitbull? Thiago Alves (16-4) and fellow Brazilian fifth-ranked Paulo Thiago (7-1) will fight at UFC 107 along with a middleweight matchup between ?Toquinho? Rousimar Palhares (11-3) and ?Spartan? Lucio Linhares (12-3). Finally, at UFC 108 Fighters.com and UFC Middleweight Champion ?Spider? Anderson Silva (25-4) will defend his titles from ?Phenom? Vitor Belfort (18-8).

Perhaps the sudden trend of Brazilian-on-Brazilian violence in the UFC is simply the result of the increasing prominence of Brazilian fighters. However, it could also be preparation for the UFC?s promised return to Brazil.

At UFC 102, UFC President Dana White promised an upcoming UFC event in Brazil, the first since 1998. ?What we?re starting to do is ramp up down in Brazil right now. We just hired this big PR firm, we got a television deal down there. The ratings are kicking ****. We?re going to start getting a lot of these guys who deserve to be seen and known by the Brazilian fans. That?s what we?re working on now. That?s our footprint. We go in there, we start on free televsion, and then we bring a live event down,? White told Tatame

awesome fight would love to see it hopefully it gets finalized personally dont want to pick a winner fan of both fighters both very talented i will give my quick thoughts gonzaga has the more talent or more better rounded skill set but cigano is definetly the more deadly striker

I've been calling for this fight since day 1. This has been one of those match ups I put together back when Dos Santos knocked out Werdum. I was probably the first one who ever thought about this match up. Now its just barely being talked about.

Anyways. They match up pretty well in terms of size and a few other aspects of the fight, except I give Dos Santos an edge on the feet, and Gonzaga an edge on the ground. Though I think Gonzaga will do better on the feet, than Dos Santos will do on the ground. They're 2 big dangerous HW's. I think Dos Santos has a better chin, but both are capable of knocking eachother out. Dos Santos definetly has more heart, and I'll also give him a cardio advantage.

Finally a fight I've been calling for damn near a year, is coming close to being finalized. About time.

I've been calling for this fight since day 1. This has been one of those match ups I put together back when Dos Santos knocked out Werdum. I was probably the first one who ever thought about this match up. Now its just barely being talked about.

Anyways. They match up pretty well in terms of size and a few other aspects of the fight' date=' except I give Dos Santos an edge on the feet, and Gonzaga an edge on the ground. Though I think Gonzaga will do better on the feet, than Dos Santos will do on the ground. They're 2 big dangerous HW's. I think Dos Santos has a better chin, but both are capable of knocking eachother out. Dos Santos definetly has more heart, and I'll also give him a cardio advantage.

Finally a fight I've been calling for damn near a year, is coming close to being finalized. About time.[/quote']

Is there anything you don't know AK?

I'm just saying, NO ONE was talking about this fight until just right now. I was calling this fight before EVERYONE. I knew the potential in this Gonzaga vs. Dos Santos match up. It was one of the first match ups I thought about after his K.O. win over Werdum.

Nothing is confirmed right now, but it just sucks because I know I can call something, and I know it'll take years before it even becomes considered. Im just thinking at another level. When you've been watching the sport as long as I have, these are the match ups you put together, because I know how much potential a fight like this has.

But dont you see? These are the kind of match ups I put together, right off the bat. I know good fights when I think of them. If I put together UFC cards, there would never be a boring fight, because of the match ups I would make. They'd be so competitive, that every fight could potentially be a fight of the night. Joe Silva is hit or miss, I could take an average card at best, and turn it into a BlockBuster.

I'm just saying' date=' NO ONE was talking about this fight until just right now. I was calling this fight before EVERYONE. I knew the potential in this Gonzaga vs. Dos Santos match up. It was one of the first match ups I thought about after his K.O. win over Werdum.

Nothing is confirmed right now, but it just sucks because I know I can call something, and I know it'll take years before it even becomes considered. Im just thinking at another level. When you've been watching the sport as long as I have, these are the match ups you put together, because I know how much potential a fight like this has.

But dont you see? These are the kind of match ups I put together, right off the bat. I know good fights when I think of them. If I put together UFC cards, there would never be a boring fight, because of the match ups I would make. They'd be so competitive, that every fight could potentially be a fight of the night. Joe Silva is hit or miss, I could take an average card at best, and turn it into a BlockBuster.[/quote']

well at least you are humble. very rare these days. sad that your good friend anderson silva isnt as humble as you. you'd think that good friends would rub off on each other

well at least you are humble. very rare these days. sad that your good friend anderson silva isnt as humble as you. you'd think that good friends would rub off on each other

lol okok if you say so AK, I don't like this match i wanna see Nog vs. Gonzaga instead

I'm just saying' date=' NO ONE was talking about this fight until just right now. I was calling this fight before EVERYONE. I knew the potential in this Gonzaga vs. Dos Santos match up. It was one of the first match ups I thought about after his K.O. win over Werdum.

But dont you see? These are the kind of match ups I put together, right off the bat. I know good fights when I think of them. If I put together UFC cards, there would never be a boring fight, because of the match ups I would make. They'd be so competitive, that every fight could potentially be a fight of the night. Joe Silva is hit or miss, I could take an average card at best, and turn it into a BlockBuster.[/quote']

you are a straight up toolbag. im sure you would be a great matchmaker, if only you could get out of your mom's basement and find your own place. if you wait 2 years, most sensible matchups come to fruition. why would the ufc put dos santos against a top contender like gonzaga in his 2nd fight in the UFC over a year ago? its called developing a promising prospect into a contender. dos santos has yet to be tested, werdum was 260 lbs of out-of-shape fatness going into that fight, then he beat the 7-foot struve who is just a prospect. cro cop is a shadow of what he once was and dos santos did anything but dominate that fight. gonzaga should win this fight handily, probably by ko or lopsided decision. dos santos isnt quite ready for what gonzaga has to offer. you can go back to playing dungeons and dragons now.

seems like a agood matchup.. no doubt about it after 1-2 minutes standing with dos santos.. hell be shooting in for the takedown..

No doubt about it. Dos Santos will put the pressure down on Gonzaga, to the point Gonzaga will fold. Gonzaga will get wrecked on the feet by Cigano. I'd say Dos Santos has to get 2 more good solid wins before he gets a title shot. If Nog loses to Brock, I definetly see Dos Santos being the next in line for the title shot, as long as he stays on the winning path.

you are a straight up toolbag. im sure you would be a great matchmaker' date=' if only you could get out of your mom's basement and find your own place. if you wait 2 years, most sensible matchups come to fruition. why would the ufc put dos santos against a top contender like gonzaga in his 2nd fight in the UFC over a year ago? its called developing a promising prospect into a contender. dos santos has yet to be tested, werdum was 260 lbs of out-of-shape fatness going into that fight, then he beat the 7-foot struve who is just a prospect. cro cop is a shadow of what he once was and dos santos did anything but dominate that fight. gonzaga should win this fight handily, probably by ko or lopsided decision. dos santos isnt quite ready for what gonzaga has to offer. you can go back to playing dungeons and dragons now.[/quote']

WOW another thread that makes my point! And btw does noone remember how Gonz nearly took Crocops head clean off? Dos Santos owned him sure , but in no shape form or fashion like Gonz did!

But dont you see? These are the kind of match ups I put together' date=' right off the bat. I know good fights when I think of them. If I put together UFC cards, there would never be a boring fight, because of the match ups I would make. They'd be so competitive, that every fight could potentially be a fight of the night. Joe Silva is hit or miss, I could take an average card at best, and turn it into a BlockBuster.[/quote']

I think UFC must have read your posts to come up with such a brilliant idea. They would have never come up with it by their own. AK you rule!