Sign in to follow this  
ricoj3323

(Video) Lyoto Machida talks about a possible superfight with Lesnar

if machida beats shogun then i think he can beat lesnar

LOL, whoever thinks Lyoto would ever have a chance against Lesnar should just leave now.

You guys are just busy sucking on his Brazilian teet.

LOL' date=' whoever thinks Lyoto would ever have a chance against Machida should just leave now.

You guys are just busy sucking on his Brazilian teet.[/quote']

Wait...what?

Lol, I do know what point you're trying to get across, and I agree. Machida is no doubt a P4P great, but this is a dream that Machida should not go ahead with. The possibility of him winning is pretty small.

Wait...what?

Lol' date=' I do know what point you're trying to get across, and I agree. Machida is no doubt a P4P great, but this is a dream that Machida should not go ahead with. The possibility of him winning is pretty small.[/quote']

HA, thank you sir. Corrected myself, and yea as close to impossible as it can get.

I usually hang off Lyoto's testes with the best of them, but I can't see a fight with a 265lb Brock going well, unless Brock unexpectedly shows us a glass jaw or something...I mean Lyoto has awesome takedown defence for a LHW and great evasion and I'm sure he would hit Brock several times, but Brock is underrated by a lot of folks - incredible speed and power in a genuine SHW frame.

Lyoto probably has a better chance than all other LHW and than a lot of the HW's even, but it's still not a good one..

I usually hang off Lyoto's testes with the best of them' date=' but I can't see a fight with a 265lb Brock going well, unless Brock unexpectedly shows us a glass jaw or something...I mean Lyoto has awesome takedown defence for a LHW and great evasion and I'm sure he would hit Brock several times, but Brock is underrated by a lot of folks - incredible speed and power in a genuine SHW frame.

Lyoto probably has a better chance than all other LHW and than a lot of the HW's even, but it's still not a good one..[/quote']

A chance of a snowball in hell....

Brock comes in between 280 and 300 if he is able to gain back his water weight. In a 5 round fight Lyoto would have to run his **** off, and avoid the take down and be over cautious with his strikes cause as soon as Brock catches one and takes Machida down fight is over!

Machida looks like he has to bulk to make 205, IMO he should fight a MW if A Silva decides to stay in the LHW Division.

Bottom line Machida and A Silva stand a chance but not really, statistically better fighter but 80% of fights go to the ground at some point, all of Brock?s fights go there so realistically they have no chance if the fight goes to the ground with Brock on top game over folks.

machida weighed in at 220 lbs against his fight with bj penn back in 2005 at a K-1 event

I saw that one online, he looked a bit more chubby then, IDK though, 220 is still freakin tiny for a HW.

Assuming he comes in at 220 you could assume brock comes in at 300 which would be a 80 pound "advantage" on Machida. In perspective that is like a LW that is small for 155 fighting a medium sized HW like Jens Pulver fighting a guy the size of Cro Cop or Kongo.

wow.......i seriously think some people are either delusional or so enamored by machidas hype that they are not thinking straight. HOW THE HELL WOULD MACHIDA EVEN LAST A ROUND WITH LESNAR? listen, i hate lesnar. i shall repreat, i hate him, but lyoto or anyone under 250 lbs for that matter would get smashed by Brock (lets not talk about Fedor though)

lyoto isnt even big or strong for a LHW, and yes his takedown defense is good but what would he do when brock simply picks him up? NOTHING. no matter how much lyoto runs away and tries to be elusive, brock would charge and just tackle him (forget the double leg)

i think lyoto is starting to believe all the hype about himself, and its gonna be a reality check for him when he doesnt just walk through shogun. not saying shogun will win, but there's definitely a good chance. and if machida actually thinks he can last with Brock, he might not even have a single title defense to go along with all of his hype

Be folks real, I love Machida but he has no chance against Lesnar. Having said that, I would love to see him fight some heavy weights: Cro-Cop, Velasquez even Couture - these would be good fights.

if machida beats shogun then i think he can beat lesnar

Machida is an awsome fighter and you will see that when he destroys Shogun. To say that he even stands a chance against the power of Lesnar is in a way laughable. I am not a huge Brock Fan , but I am smart enough to know taht he is a great athlete, a tough guy, and an unstoppable wrestler of ground and pound. Machida could avoid him for a minute , but eventually Lesnar woudl catch him and take him down. Lesnar has way to much strength and size for him.

How bout since randy couture is a light heavy now, we see machida vs couture, too many of you are saying machida would only last a minute, couture is the same weight and lasted 2 rounds, and probably gave lesnar his toughest fight I believe.

We will probably eventually see machida fighting heavyweights, also I don't think machida puts much emphasis on getting bigger, he could possibly put on 10-15 pounds without losing speed.

A chance of a snowball in hell....

Brock comes in between 280 and 300 if he is able to gain back his water weight. In a 5 round fight Lyoto would have to run his **** off' date=' and avoid the take down and be over cautious with his strikes cause as soon as Brock catches one and takes Machida down fight is over!

Machida looks like he has to bulk to make 205, IMO he should fight a MW if A Silva decides to stay in the LHW Division.

Bottom line Machida and A Silva stand a chance but not really, statistically better fighter but 80% of fights go to the ground at some point, all of Brock?s fights go there so realistically they have no chance if the fight goes to the ground with Brock on top game over folks.[/quote']

Brock does not come near 300 pounds in his fights lol

sorry' date=' to me Machida will out smart Lesnar. Lesnar will probably rain down on strikes, but Machida will find a way around and counter. Doubt this fight will happen though.[/quote']

ha ha ha ha ah aha ha ha aha aha h ah aha ah aha aha ah aha aha h aha ha ha ah leave the drugs alone son

Brock does not come near 300 pounds in his fights lol

I would say that 280 is pretty close to 300 ponds... at 50% the general rule is to round up so at 80% it is a round up and my quote said 280 to 300. There are some facts to cutting I think you need to know, I weigh 278LBS and can cut about 20 pounds in a 24 hour period, it sucks and requires a week long diet full of fiber, before I start sweat suit cardio and sauna sessions I usually tip the scale at 270, by the time I am done I weigh 255 or so. Next day back on the regular diet and hydrated I am about 270-275.

Ok now I read online that Brock weighs between 285-305 weighing himself. You need to consider on fight day he more than likely will weigh 90%+ of the weight he cut from to make the 265 cut off. Meaning he will weigh between 280 and 300 lbs.

Machida fighting Lesnar would be a joke! Machida might last maybe 1 round with his great footwork and accurate striking but once Lesnar took him down it would be all over. Lesnar would simply take him down and lay on him with his superior size and strength and ground n pound him until the ref stops the fight!