Sign in to follow this  
Inspectah

Mariusz "The Worlds Strongest Man" Pudzianowski

6 time World Strongest Man Competition champion and is also trained in boxing and kyokushin kai making his mma debut in december. UFC should be watching this man veryy carefully because im thinking hes gonna be knocking some ****ing heads off! The heavyweight competition would be in seriouse trouble if hes signed.

ya thats true. but what he dosnt have is kukushin kai or boxing. all im saying is well see what this guy can do very soon. only time will tell if hes a fighter or not. im looking forward to it.

how long u think he'll last in a mma fight tho.. all that damn muscle on em

2 mins str8 of wrestlin an rollin around he probably be tired as hell breathin heavy, hopefully his opponent will still be in one piece by then

how long u think he'll last in a mma fight tho.. all that damn muscle on em

2 mins str8 of wrestlin an rollin around he probably be tired as hell breathin heavy' date=' hopefully his opponent will still be in one piece by then[/quote']

He plays rugby and has good cardio from what I hear.

Unfortunately he'd have to slim down considerably to make 265lbs.

If hes 291 hes gotta cut 26 lbs. This guy looks like solid muscle, so hes gonna have to lose atleast 15 lbs of muscle mass. I don't think hes got 26 lbs of fat on him.

6 time World Strongest Man Competition champion and is also trained in boxing and kyokushin kai making his mma debut in december. UFC should be watching this man veryy carefully because im thinking hes gonna be knocking some ****ing heads off! The heavyweight competition would be in seriouse trouble if hes signed.

Mariusz weights a little over 300lb with 8% body fat.

He would manhandle Brock, but i doubt he would make weight.

This is a phenomenal athlete, he is a Rugby player, worlds strongest man multi champion, has done Karate and such. But he is over 300lbs so don't expect to see him in the UFC. He'll fight in other MMA competitions that don't have really a weight limit. I HOPE he doesn't attempt to make 265, I would like to see him destroy Bob Sapp for fun :)

I really think fighting skill trumps being strong skill. To me strength is a minor factor in the ring. If a guy is faster he will win, if he's more technical he will win. Brock wins because he is very fast, and he forces you to wrestle with him, and in order to beat him at wrestling you have to be faster, stronger, more technical, choose any 2, compared to what he has. There most guys are faster, but none of the faster guys are stronger so brock can beat them by being more technical. Some guys are stronger, but they aren't as technical or fast. There are a few who are arguably more technical, but they aren't faster or stronger.

Brocks a freak of nature, if you play the ground game with him you're going to get hurt, it doesn't matter if you have more physical power than he does.

it makes you think what the point is of having a 265 limit when Lesnar can walk in to the cage closer to 280, either make sure they're 265 on the night or discard the limit on the HW division

1. Cardio. the strongmen contestants don't even know how to use a treadmill.

2. The more Muscle mass the more oxygen is needed to keep those huge bodies moving

So there for Bigger guys Gas out earlier. So will Mariusz.

Brock on the other hand is a pure athlete and does tons of Cardio that is why he is so Agile for a Bigman. Mariusz won't even make it anywhere near the states. He'll fight in Japan againt Bobb Sapp and Don Frye.

2. The more Muscle mass the more oxygen is needed to keep those huge bodies moving

Brock on the other hand is a pure athlete and does tons of Cardio that is why he is so Agile for a Bigman. Mariusz won't even make it anywhere near the states. He'll fight in Japan againt Bobb Sapp and Don Frye.

It's already been established that he plays rugby and his cardio wouldn't be a big problem

It's already been established that he plays rugby and his cardio wouldn't be a big problem

Playing Rugby once a month with Buddies doesn't prove that he has great Cardio.

Watch his first fight this December if he isn't able to get a KO or TKO in the 1st round. he will be Gassed.

Playing Rugby once a month with Buddies doesn't prove that he has great Cardio.

Watch his first fight this December if he isn't able to get a KO or TKO in the 1st round. he will be Gassed.

I couldn't disagree with you more the majority of strong man training is quite similar to the strength training mma fighters have used for years. They use a bunch of exercises that involve interval training which is anaerobic as well as active aerobics while wearing heart rate monitors. To say otherwise is an ignorant assumption.

You do realize that most of the WSM competitions are endurance aswell, as strength and power right? I'm not gonna claim that he has marathon runner endurance but he is hardly just a big guy who moves weights. Mariusz is quite an athlete too.

this guy is more than strong. iv seen him in competition he has great cardio and he is explosive! he looked way stronger than the guys he competed with. only thing stopping him is probably his ground game. lesner would GnP him im afraid.

Not sure if it's in one of the chunk-o-word replies here, but Mariusz is a black belt in karate - dunno what kind, but that kinda shows he can strike with some skill.

I think his rugby exp was amature too, nothing hardcore.. guys basicly a celebrity in Poland.

Also... i don't see why we're talking Brock already :s i would love to see him smash people, but against a big wrestler, if they take him down i can't imagine him getting off his back... he'd be like a turtle on his back :P unless ofc he just bench presses them up and throws em 20ft in the air like on strongman.

but in all seriousness, he probably could KO hws in a flash, with that size and muscle and a bb in karate, would probably be exiting to see even if he stays in the lower promotions.

Wrong. He weighs a little under 300 lbs.

No, he does not.

He walks around at 300-320lb, he can cut to a little under 300, but he does not weight under 300.

get that **** straight.

he's got atleast as much potential as Brock. if he was a WWE wrestler he'd probably be getting a title shot for his first MMA fight. i wonder how long these guys dabble in MA before they are going to fight?

Dude' date=' I don't see him fighting in the U.S., ie Drug test. I know brock is big but man.

You can't keep that much muscle on with out the juice.[/quote']

He has only failed a drug test once in the World's Strongest Man Competition and that was back in 2005. So I think he will do just fine.

I hope your right. On a side note I would like to see him fight Sapp' date=' HMC, and timmy.[/quote']

automatically put him in the freak show? hmm, actually good way to start an MMA career. two cans and a one dimensional fighter.

You have to have incredible stamina to do those comps, this guy is not a Mr Universe he's a WSM champ. Differnce being a guy like Jay Cutler who is a Mr Universe who would be utterly useless moving around. WSM dudes do some amazing chit that 99% of UFC fighters would be unable to do. I doubt most of you have even watched WSM competitions.

altho this guy would man-handle any one in the cage. his training for the past like 20 years has been geared to strength alone (im guessin on that). MMA mostly* requires highly skilled, multi-talented althetes.

*Its just up until now the heavyweight's have been rarely over 240lbs. (Eg. former champion Arlovski) The division is going to be over ran with 280lbs monsters who cut to 265. In this sport, like many, size will always play a factor.

From reading some of the responses so far by under 30 post noobs, I have to agree with Cryptic and ask. Have some of you ever watched WSM? The dude is far more then just "strong," He is quick for a 300 lbs., is explosive when moving heavy objects(IE someones body), and has awesome endurance. I think many people are mistaking him for a bodybuilder, he is not. He is an athlete.

From reading some of the responses so far by under 30 post noobs' date=' I have to agree with Cryptic and ask. Have some of you ever watched WSM? The dude is far more then just "strong," He is quick for a 300 lbs., is explosive when moving heavy objects(IE someones body), and has awesome endurance. I think many people are mistaking him for a bodybuilder, he is not. He is an athlete.[/quote']

Agreed. Mariusz has explosive power and is very athletic and quick. He also has a strong background in karate- obviously he will need to improve his skills in other areas to be effective at MMA, but it's not like he's starting from scratch, either. And as far as the weight goes, there are plenty of MMA fighters at lower weights who currently cut 20-25 lbs to make weight. So if Mariiusz is currenly around 300 lbs, all he's going to have to lose is about 10 lbs to be able to cut to 265.

Agreed. Mariusz has explosive power and is very athletic and quick. He also has a strong background in karate- obviously he will need to improve his skills in other areas to be effective at MMA' date=' but it's not like he's starting from scratch, either. And as far as the weight goes, there are plenty of MMA fighters at lower weights who currently cut 20-25 lbs to make weight. So if Mariiusz is currenly around 300 lbs, all he's going to have to lose is about 10 lbs to be able to cut to 265.[/quote']

I can tell you this. I cut to 205 from 240 for an amatuer bout with an hour of running on the treadmill and going into the sauna in a rubber suit. It was not that hard, nor was it extremely physically straining. Then again, I use creatine and sweat like a hooker in church so it is pretty natural to me.

Most people commonly mistake the fact that it is harder to cut weight at higher weights because of muscle mass. When in fact, it is much easier to cut huge chuncks, because you retain more water.

I can tell you this. I cut to 205 from 240 for an amatuer bout with an hour of running on the treadmill and going into the sauna in a rubber suit. It was not that hard' date=' nor was it extremely physically straining. Then again, I use creatine and sweat like a hooker in church so it is pretty natural to me.

Most people commonly mistake the fact that it is harder to cut weight at higher weights because of muscle mass. When in fact, it is much easier to cut huge chuncks, because you retain more water.[/quote']

This statement about cutting weight is completly true its much easier to cut weight at a heavier level than it is for someone whos say 160 going to 140 it is a whole different kind of cutting weight.

I can tell you this. I cut to 205 from 240 for an amatuer bout with an hour of running on the treadmill and going into the sauna in a rubber suit. It was not that hard' date=' nor was it extremely physically straining. Then again, I use creatine and sweat like a hooker in church so it is pretty natural to me.

Most people commonly mistake the fact that it is harder to cut weight at higher weights because of muscle mass. When in fact, it is much easier to cut huge chuncks, because you retain more water.[/quote']

That makes sense to me. And from what your saying, Mariusz may not even have to reduce from his current weight at all to be able to cut to 265. That's a pretty scary thought. If he can get with a good training camp he could be a force to be reckoned with.

That makes sense to me. And from what your saying' date=' Mariusz may not even have to reduce from his current weight at all to be able to cut to 265. That's a pretty scary thought. If he can get with a good training camp he could be a force to be reckoned with.[/quote']

Honestly, with someone with his athletic ability, the only things that I can see holding him back would be if he doesnt like/can't take getting hit, or under exposure because he is a European. If he wins, I'd say three pro fights, someone will pick him up with quickness.

Sounds kinda kinky.

I just did some reading on this guy and for breakfast, on a normal day, he eats 10 eggs and 2-3 pounds of bacon. hes a monster. and according to Wiki hes around 315 pounds. regardless, id love to see overeem or lesnar rock this fool.

285ish huh??? He shouldnt have a problem cutting to 265 :P.

Thanks for the props Kevbo. And you are absolutly right about cutting tech, I'm about 278 and can make 260 ish in like 2-2.5 hours of light cutting.

I really doubt that any of the guys saying he wont be able to hang knows what it takes to heave 8 200 pound kegs 20' in the air and over a barrier. or moving the 300 somthing pound kegs while waist deep in water and seeting them on the platfrom. The Car carry; carrying 2 anvils at the same time, that sled drag. WSM comps are no joke, and when you look at the guys who do them their not generally Cut they are Beffy, Beefy muscle is even more watery than cut muscle. Oh man I almost forgot to list the log lift (somthing fingers) that one is crazy to watch how fast they do it.

I can agree that some of the WSM competitors do gas fast doing the events but the champ has to be fit as hell or else somone else would take the win.

Thanks for the props Kevbo. And you are absolutly right about cutting tech' date=' I'm about 278 and can make 260 ish in like 2-2.5 hours of light cutting.

I really doubt that any of the guys saying he wont be able to hang knows what it takes to heave 8 200 pound kegs 20' in the air and over a barrier. or moving the 300 somthing pound kegs while waist deep in water and seeting them on the platfrom. The Car carry; carrying 2 anvils at the same time, that sled drag. WSM comps are no joke, and when you look at the guys who do them their not generally Cut they are Beffy, Beefy muscle is even more watery than cut muscle. Oh man I almost forgot to list the log lift (somthing fingers) that one is crazy to watch how fast they do it.

I can agree that some of the WSM competitors do gas fast doing the events but the champ has to be fit as hell or else somone else would take the win.[/quote']

You also forgot to mention that he pulled a frickin freight train about 30 yards in 30 seconds. Thats absolutely amazing. I know it's more of a momentum event but he had to get that big bastard rolling from a dead stop.