Sign in to follow this  
rqbo

BJ Penn vs Shinya Aoki

Apologies to those who've seen this thread before if its been done.

After all the lesnar vs fedor threads... discuss this fight and the outcome.

Personally, i beleive Aoki has the 2nd best ground game in MMA to emelianenko. therefore, still respecting BJ's jiu jitsu, i pick shinya via 1st/2nd round sub.

However good his opponent is, i seriously would never bet on Penn ever being subbed in round 1.

I personaly think this would end in a majority decision, or a flash KO in favour of Penn.

Would LOVE to see a Caol Uno replay xD

BJ would kill him in the 1st round, Aoki is overrated.

Kenflo, diego, Gray Maynard, and alot of others would destroy him.

His Jiu Jitsu looks good because his pants give him an advantage(they soak up sweat to make his opponent less slippery). Basically he one dimensional. Also to the guy who said he has the second best ground game, have you forgotten about Maia? Plus I don't think Bj has ever been sub.

First off, some of you know I was an Aoki nut hugger, but his really pitiful antics go too far. He is now where the type of man that wouldn?t take the full 5 minutes if any judge said the other guy made a mistake. On top of that he sits down and sobs after the fights, won or loss (that?s fine; love the emotion but you can stop drama queen). If you think I?m lying rewind some tapes of Aoki.

But I see through all of it, it?s a ploy. Aoki is a wonderful fighter to watch and I still will. I just will not support him anymore acting so much a ****. I love those phantom growing strikes you seem to get so often. What he has going for him is he is very smart, yes he?s got clipped and went down for the count but most don?t like the idea of fighting him because of his ground work.

Aoki does have a SLIGHT advantage on the ground, but only slightly. mainly due to Penn also having a more rounded game then Aoki. so Penn attributes time to other areas. not saying Aoki doesnt, but he isnt nearly as good ANYWHERE else as he is on the ground. however, history shows that Aoki doesnt like getting hit and Penn will hit him. Penn has a CLEAR stand up advantage in every way and would probably win by TKO in the 1st or 2nd. not to mention that Aoki wont be able to wear his rainbow pants and he wont be able to scoot very long until the ref says enough and makes him stand up.

also. Maia and Jacare have better ground then Aoki imo. Fedor is good, but he isnt nearly as technical as the aforementioned. Fedor powers through a lot of submissions, but it is effective.

Also he fakes injuries alot' date=' like this last time with hensen, he fake being low blowed, because he was clearly rocked from the up kick. They even showed the replay, where Hensen barely touches him.[/quote']

exactly hansen should of won that fight and the so called 5 mins timeout he had was about 7 minutes claiming a low blow when in fact it was an up kick you could see aoki grabbing his face he should stick to grappling matches and even in a pure grappling match he wouldnt beat bj penn just shows the corruption of the japanese no wonder UFC couldn't keep pride going over there

Bj would eat him up with out a doubt. I would rather watch Gomi and Aoki to see how many transitions you could see in a round. Would be a crazy fast fight, but i don't think Gomi fights anymore. sad..

Aoki cannot stand getting punched. Aoki also has weak takedowns via trips.

BJ has good boxing. BJ has the best balance and td defense I've ever seen.

Also he fakes injuries alot' date=' like this last time with hensen, he fake being low blowed, because he was clearly rocked from the up kick. They even showed the replay, where Hensen barely touches him.[/quote']

exactly hansen should of won that fight and the so called 5 mins timeout he had was about 7 minutes claiming a low blow when in fact it was an up kick you could see aoki grabbing his face he should stick to grappling matches and even in a pure grappling match he wouldnt beat bj penn just shows the corruption of the japanese no wonder UFC couldn't keep pride going over there

are u kidding. he was dropping from the low blow' date=' before the up-kick even landed.

[img']http://i35.tinypic.com/23u69s8.jpg[/img]

u clearly see his knees buckle and hands come in on his groin area at that time. then the up kick connects before Aoki even comes close to toughing his face, then Hansen throws another kick.

get ur **** straight.