Sign in to follow this  
chedderboss

Over Hyped.

The ufc has over hyped so many fighters that ARE GOOD, but not as good as they make them seem. Here is a few of fighters i feel the ufc gives way to much credit.

Chuck Liddel - They make it seem like hes the besy ko artist out there, guess what hes only got 13kos which is a good amout but not worthy of the fame it gave him.

Randy Couture - Hes smart and has had some good wins but hes 16-10 and really who has be beat that is really crazy next to a young vitor?

lyoto Machida - Okay hes 16-0 (or 15-1 if your honest) and he has beat a couple good fighters, but really all he has done in his career is back up and be a *****.

Brock Lensar - Hes a big wrestler who lays on people, and he lost 1 of his 5 fights.

Anyone else you find over hyped.

I disagree with everything you wrote.

When you talk Randy, you can't just look at his record. Chuck dominated for a long time....so on and so on.

The ufc has over hyped so many fighters that ARE GOOD' date=' but not as good as they make them seem. Here is a few of fighters i feel the ufc gives way to much credit.

Chuck Liddel - They make it seem like hes the besy ko artist out there, guess what hes only got 13kos which is a good amout but not worthy of the fame it gave him.

Randy Couture - Hes smart and has had some good wins but hes 16-10 and really who has be beat that is really crazy next to a young vitor?

lyoto Machida - Okay hes 16-0 (or 15-1 if your honest) and he has beat a couple good fighters, but really all he has done in his career is back up and be a *****.

Brock Lensar - Hes a big wrestler who lays on people, and he lost 1 of his 5 fights.

Anyone else you find over hyped.[/quote']

I agree that Brock and Randy are way overhyped...you cannot say Lyoto is overhyped if you're logical(he's 16-0)...Chucks not overhyped man he's one of the most exciting fighters of all time...Lesnar though is the one i'd say most overhyped

The ufc has over hyped so many fighters that ARE GOOD' date=' but not as good as they make them seem. Here is a few of fighters i feel the ufc gives way to much credit.

You can't look at the amount of knockouts someone has and say they aren't as good as people hype them up to be. Especially with Chuck, it's more he manner in which he ended fights, as opposed to the number of them he finished. When he smelled blood, someone was going to get hurt.

Randy's a legend. I don't think this one needs an explanation. Look at how many championship bouts he's been in.

Machida is a top 2 light heavyweight in the world right now. He was considered, without contest, the best in the world, and potentially unstoppable before the Rua fight. Just because another incredible fighter found a weakness in his game-plan doesn't make him over-hyped. I still don't see any other light heavyweight really having a chance at beating him, above and beyond a puncher's chance. Right now it's more or less a two-man division.

Brock Lesnar is an incredibly skilled wrestler. The fact that he also walks around at 280-300 pounds, with incredible athleticism is what makes him stand out. Lesnar, in my opinion, is the only one you might have an argument against, if only because he's had so few fights.

All in all, I don't think your argument has much merit at all.

opinions.... chuck lidell was knocking everyone out and had fights won before they began.

like g__row said about couture you have to look at who he has fought win or lose. he has probably been in more tough fights than anyone. i cant agree that randy is overrated or overhyped hes 46 yrs old. he is 15 + yrs older than the average fighter.

machida was overhyped by the fans. whether you agree or disagree with the decision last week you cant take away from what he has accomplished. he is still a top level fighter.

brock lesnar also has been overhyped by the fans not the ufc.

There's a lot of fighters I think are very good, some even probably fit into the category of one of the best their divisions ever seen, but I really don't like how certain get this reputation as if they're unbeatable. I agree that fighters get overhyped pretty bad, but I'll have to go ahead and disagree with just about all of your reasoning behind it.

Brock Lesnar is a great fighter, but I agree that he probably is overhyped a bit. If someone could provide an adequate enough answer to his ground game so that he can't completely rely on it to beat his opponent like it was nothing(no easy task, I very much doubt that Shane Carwin has this), as well as being to able to come out on top in the standup game, then I think he could have a real challenge on his hands. Good luck finding a fighter who can pull that off though.

Lyoto Machida was ridiculously overhyped, he's an excellent defensive fighter and everything, but I think it's been proven that he's not impervious to his opponents and it is in fact possible to beat him.

Frank Mir. Maybe he's had a lot of impressive wins and performances I've never heard of, but the two biggest I know that he has(a win over Lesnar and a win over Nogueira) both seemed like luck to me.

Anderson Silva is an amazing fighter; easily one of the best there's ever been, but I think it's a bit much to act as if he can't possibly be beaten.

I consider these four overhyped, but for the record, with the exception of Frank Mir, I would easily put my money on them regardless of who they were fighting in their division.

You can't look at the amount of knockouts someone has and say they aren't as good as people hype them up to be. Especially with Chuck' date=' it's more he manner in which he ended fights, as opposed to the number of them he finished. When he smelled blood, someone was going to get hurt.

Randy's a legend. I don't think this one needs an explanation. Look at how many championship bouts he's been in.

Machida is a top 2 light heavyweight in the world right now. He was considered, without contest, the best in the world, and potentially unstoppable before the Rua fight. Just because another incredible fighter found a weakness in his game-plan doesn't make him over-hyped. I still don't see any other light heavyweight really having a chance at beating him, above and beyond a puncher's chance. Right now it's more or less a two-man division.

Brock Lesnar is an incredibly skilled wrestler. The fact that he also walks around at 280-300 pounds, with incredible athleticism is what makes him stand out. Lesnar, in my opinion, is the only one you might have an argument against, if only because he's had so few fights.

All in all, I don't think your argument has much merit at all.[/quote']

+1

Frank Mir. Maybe he's had a lot of impressive wins and performances I've never heard of' date=' but the two biggest I know that he has(a win over Lesnar and a win over Nogueira) both seemed like luck to me.[/Quote']

Agree 100%. Incredibly overhyped. I think Nogueira dummies him 9 times out of 10.

Anderson Silva is an amazing fighter; easily one of the best there's ever been' date=' but I think it's a bit much to act as if he can't possibly be beaten.[/quote']

It'd be foolish to say that Anderson Silva isn't at all overhyped, but I'd be hard pressed to find anyone who can live up to the title of "unbeatable" as well as him. Calling someone unbeatable is stupid in itself, but I think that, given the way he's dismantled all of his opponents (most of them top fighters in the middleweight division), aside from Emilianenko, who might be a secret Russian experiment, he's got the nod for having the least chance of losing his belt any time soon. That's how I see it anyways.

Lol really stupid post man, i couldnt disagree with this more. Liddell and Couture over hyped? Are you joking? You really cant be an MMA fan if you consider Liddell and Couture to be 'over hyped'. Anyway, they arent even over hyped, they are simply recognised for what they have done for the sport. How they have helped grow MMA around the world. And how many exciting fights they have provided us. Along with impressive victories, and impressive achievements. Chuck Liddell fought and beat some of the best in the world, and in impressive fashion, he WILL without a doubt be considered as one of the most feared KO artists in MMA, and so he should be. His punching power is extraordinary, and he has unbelievable accuracy. How you consider him over rated is beyond me. And to not at least appreciate what he has done and achieved, is honestly just crazy.

Only ones i agree with are Lesnar, and Machida to an extent. Lesnar is the obvious one, however he does deserve some degree of hype, as after his second ever MMA fight he goes and beats a MMA veteran in Heath Herring, and then beats an MMA legend in Couture, and then dominates a top HW contender in Frank Mir. Machida.. i think he is a phenomonal fighter, but he is hyped a little over what he should be. Machida vs Shogun proved the point i have been trying to make for so long. I often said before that fight, Machida had never really fought any truly talented, dangerous, well rounded fighters. I then got replies back saying.. 'oohhh he fought rashad and thiago silva and rich franklin!!!', and i was in disbelief how people can honestly think they are top of the heap strikers. Infact i take it back about Franklin, i do consider him a top of the heap striker, but Evans and Silva.. i dont. And i wanted to see how he performed against strikers that were as well rounded, and as talented as he is. He fought Shogun.. and was taken out of his game, because his striking - IMO - was equalled. Anderson Silva has two dominant wins over Franklin and an impressive win over Hendo and Marquardt. So he has more than proved why he was hyped up so much. Machida.. as of yet.. has not proved to me why he should be hyped as the next best thing. I do think he has the potential though.

Thats because he could be most of his opponents fathers. Never count Randy out I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a lhw titleshot soon.

lol @ the father thing,but i'd hate to see him fight Shogun or Lyoto..tht'd just be gruesome

Randy and Chuck overhyped? Everyone gets old and well I will agree that they are both have probably peaked what they did for the UFC and MMA in general deserves a little respect. I never have been a fan of Chuck but cmon some of his knockouts brutal and Randy just keeps coming back and people keep doubting him.

People who haven't proven anything are overhyped. Randy and Chuck set the bar

It'd be foolish to say that Anderson Silva isn't at all overhyped' date=' but I'd be hard pressed to find anyone who can live up to the title of "unbeatable" as well as him. Calling someone unbeatable is stupid in itself, but I think that, given the way he's dismantled all of his opponents (most of them top fighters in the middleweight division), aside from Emilianenko, who might be a secret Russian experiment, he's got the nod for having the least chance of losing his belt any time soon. That's how I see it anyways.[/quote']

That's what I'm saying, I just think it should never get to the point that we'd consider someone impossible to beat, Henderson did win a round on him I've heard. I agree that I can't think of anyone who can beat him in the middleweight division, he deserves a lot if not most of the hype he's got, but like you said he's at least a little overhyped. Still, I'm looking forward to his fight with Belfort quite a bit, and I hope Marquardt gets another go at him sometime too.

That's what I'm saying' date=' I just think it should never get to the point that we'd consider someone impossible to beat, Henderson did win a round on him I've heard. I agree that I can't think of anyone who can beat him in the middleweight division, he deserves a lot if not most of the hype he's got, but like you said he's at least a little overhyped. Still, I'm looking forward to his fight with Belfort quite a bit, and I hope Marquardt gets another go at him sometime too.[/quote']

I think I might have just reiterated what you first said in different words :P. My misunderstanding.

Yeah, Hendo did win a round on him, but funny as it may be, when Lutter got him mounted in their fight (at the end of the first, if I remember correctly), all I thought was, "this guy's going to knock the s*!%^ out of Silva." More so then the whole first round of the Hendo fight, which was 90% ground and pound.

I guess what I'm trying to say, is that it's true that nobody is unbeatable, but the only times Silva has come close to being at the disadvantage, he's come back and either elbowed his opponent repeatedly on the chrome dome for a tap out or landed a convincing rear naked choke, both early in the second IRC :P.

Machida or shogun would destroy randy >< But he could get the title shot by taking out the likes of forrest' date=' tito, and evans.[/quote']

I actually agree lol, i do actually think he would beat Griffin , Tito and Evans.

Griffin wouldnt fight him

Why not? Watch that video of Vera talking about the fight on UFC homepage. I didnt realise he loved Couture so much haha. Well most fighters do to be fair. But you know. Vera loves the guy, he talks about how Couture is his idol, how he was his inspiration, how its honourable to fight him. Etc etc. Why wouldnt Griffin fight him? I know he has trained with Couture... but are they in the same camp? I dont think they are are they?

Why not? Watch that video of Vera talking about the fight on UFC homepage. I didnt realise he loved Couture so much haha. Well most fighters do to be fair. But you know. Vera loves the guy' date=' he talks about how Couture is his idol, how he was his inspiration, how its honourable to fight him. Etc etc. Why wouldnt Griffin fight him? I know he has trained with Couture... but are they in the same camp? I dont think they are are they?[/quote']

i thought they were ...maybe they arent in the same camp..i'd love to see randy whoop up on forrest although i think vera will dominate couture

Chuck was wayyyyy over hyped, rampage proved that when chuck went to pride.

chuck was just the best fighter in the ufc at the time, definitely not the best in the world. during his reign in the ufc there were better fighters in pride such as shogun and jackson. some people might make the argument that wanderlei in his prime was even better then chuck.

the only reason any of u no him is because the ufc made him famous by hyping him up, its good business to have a star in your organization. its too bad the majority of the fans cant see past there love for a fighter, just because u like him doesnt make him the best. u all need to see the marketing in this and see it for what it was, a way to bring fans to the ufc. which it did because it was a good idea, but at the time he wasnt the best like they made him out to be.

forest griffin is another highly over rated fighter. another fight the ufc beefed up to drum up hype for the organization. im not saying there wrong, its good business.

but lets be honest here they gave him that title shot when there was more deserving fighters, and a lot of us disagree on his win over rampage. before u get all up in arms over this do yourself a favor and take a look at his record, it hardly screams one of the best in the world. i agree his fight with bonnar was important for the ufc but that doenst make u great it just makes that fight great.

clay guida has got to be one of the most boring fighters in the ufc. all his fights are the same, he has absolutely no skills beyond taking someone down. every last one of his fights are the same, he takes them down and holds them there. that is his only game plan.

Chuck was wayyyyy over hyped' date=' rampage proved that when chuck went to pride.

chuck was just the best fighter in the ufc at the time, definitely not the best in the world. during his reign in the ufc there were better fighters in pride such as shogun and jackson. some people might make the argument that wanderlei in his prime was even better then chuck.

the only reason any of u no him is because the ufc made him famous by hyping him up, its good business to have a star in your organization. its too bad the majority of the fans cant see past there love for a fighter, just because u like him doesnt make him the best. u all need to see the marketing in this and see it for what it was, a way to bring fans to the ufc. which it did because it was a good idea, but at the time he wasnt the best like they made him out to be.

forest griffin is another highly over rated fighter. another fight the ufc beefed up to drum up hype for the organization. im not saying there wrong, its good business.

but lets be honest here they gave him that title shot when there was more deserving fighters, and a lot of us disagree on his win over rampage. before u get all up in arms over this do yourself a favor and take a look at his record, it hardly screams one of the best in the world. i agree his fight with bonnar was important for the ufc but that doenst make u great it just makes that fight great.

clay guida has got to be one of the most boring fighters in the ufc. all his fights are the same, he has absolutely no skills beyond taking someone down. every last one of his fights are the same, he takes them down and holds them there. that is his only game plan.[/quote']

soyou're implying that chuck never had a decent win?..he was all hype?....psyche

soyou're implying that chuck never had a decent win?..he was all hype?....psyche

thats not what i said at all, did u even read it? im saying chuck wasnt the best when the ufc was claiming him to be the best fighter in the world.

When you talk Randy' date=' you can't just look at his record. Chuck dominated for a long time....so on and so on.[/quote']

+ 1

@ cheddar

who are u to decide if CHUCKS 13 Ko's are woth recognition or not.. are u a fighter with more than 13 ko's over the best fighter of ur time?. i DONT think so.

DONT foregt the fact noone since chuck has defended his belt more than once (machida is just getting started with lil hope for the rematch)

CHUCK is in the hall of fame for a reason. he sigle handedly dominated an ENTIRE division for the longest time. He never went in a fight as an UNDERDOG and always passed with flying colors. Tito has beaten 2 our of 3 former LHW champs. he was the only man who EVER came close to actually finishing MACHIDA (last rnd triangle) and CHUCK beat him twice WITH EASE!

if u think CHUCK is over hyped...... thats just ur hate for him.... and clearly ur a MORON.

AM not a huge chuck fan.... but ANYONE who knows anything about MMA wud disagree with u... ders opinions... and then ders facts son.... so go back to watching POKEMON... :)

When you talk Randy' date=' you can't just look at his record. Chuck dominated for a long time....so on and so on.[/quote']

YES CHUCK DOMIATED FOR A LONG TIME BUT HE dominated when the division was weak and not as stacked as it is now

YES CHUCK DOMIATED FOR A LONG TIME BUT HE dominated when the division was weak and not as stacked as it is now

of course.. not. what the hell is wrong with ur thinking??

ur comparing the past with the futre and the present!!

u think machida will be able to beat some guy who comes in the ufc 10 yrs from now???

The reason CHUCK is a legend is cuz HE BEAT EVERYONE in his division at HIS time..

same goes for MATT HUGHES and ROYCE GRACIE....u think gracie wud beat a GSP or hughes??? so by that rule NOONE shud be in the HOF....cuz everyone looses to a younger fighter.... never will be a divison in the UFC or any MMA org be consistent for 10 yrs.. ders always gonna be new fighters coming in!!! and the div will always be more stcked that it used to be.. so by ur logic... nooone shud be in the HOF right??? LMAO!!! wat are u smoking dude?

CHUCK BEAT EVERYONE IN HIS DIVISON DURING HIS REIGN..... and thats why he is a LEGEND.

Disagree with your post. None of this guys are overrated except for Brock Lesnar. Chuck beat everyvone he faced in his days. Fighters have just slowly figuered him out. It actually happens with all of great fighters. Crocop,Wanderlei....

Randy Coutore only fought tough guys. I dont think anyone he faced was a can and he always makes a competetive fight. Not many fighters can sport such a record.

Lyoto Machida is easily the top one or two guy in the division. Even if he lost to Shogun he still wasnt stopped and has beaten some of the best in the world.

As for Brock he needs to prove himself more.

of course.. not. what the hell is wrong with ur thinking??

ur comparing the past with the futre and the present!!

u think machida will be able to beat some guy who comes in the ufc 10 yrs from now???

The reason CHUCK is a legend is cuz HE BEAT EVERYONE in his division at HIS time..

same goes for MATT HUGHES and ROYCE GRACIE....u think gracie wud beat a GSP or hughes??? so by that rule NOONE shud be in the HOF....cuz everyone looses to a younger fighter.... never will be a divison in the UFC or any MMA org be consistent for 10 yrs.. ders always gonna be new fighters coming in!!! and the div will always be more stcked that it used to be.. so by ur logic... nooone shud be in the HOF right??? LMAO!!! wat are u smoking dude?

CHUCK BEAT EVERYONE IN HIS DIVISON DURING HIS REIGN..... and thats why he is a LEGEND.

u need to settle down and actually think before u post. chuck only beat the best in the ufc, he didnt beat the best in the world. back then the ufc didnt have the majority of the top talent like they do now. do dome analysis on the time chuck reigned, there were better fighters out there.

u need to settle down and actually think before u post. chuck only beat the best in the ufc' date=' he didnt beat the best in the world. back then the ufc didnt have the majority of the top talent like they do now. do dome analysis on the time chuck reigned, there were better fighters out there.[/quote']

is CHUCK in the MMA hall of fame or UFC hall of fame??

if he is in the UFC hall of fame then that means he was the BEST in UFC....of course UFC wud say he is the best in the world....cuz its bussiness... u wud be stupid to actually think that he was....

cuz pride claimed the same about Shogun at the time... unfortunately FOR U they faced off when CHUCKwas out of his prime... or else u wudnt be asking such idiotic questions..

again.. u cant claim that JUST cuz the LHW div more stacked now... chuck losses his legacy,......cuz like i said ..according to that RULE/ ASUMPTION.... we wud need to forget about GARCIE/HUGHES/COLEMAN/SHAMROCK/CRO COP... cuz none of them belonged to todays "stacked" divisons...

as for research.... ders a MILLION ppl out there.. who KNOWS MOUSASI wud beat MACHIDA in 2 rnds or less........so does that mean MACHIDA isnt a GREAT fighter who probably wud be the next icon... or does it stop UFC from claiming that he is the BEST in thw world.... even if we forget his RUA fight???

YOU need to do some research son.... its ok to have an OPINION...but facts are facts..... and LIDELL is in the HOF and ders a reason why MOST MMA fans swear by his name...

and if u think everyone is worng except u... well then.....happy living in fantasyland..

man everyone think chuck and randy are so amazing because they built the ufc,

i admit there huge icons and there big reasons why mma is as big as it is,

but lets be honest here the last fights chuck faught he may not have been in his prime for but seriously who could he have beat even in his prime that has knocked him out ?

rampage beat him back in pride when chuck wasnt out of his prime and he did it again,

shogun would have crushed chuck any time, and i think chuck couldnt even have taken rashad at his best.

and randy is a very smart fighter you exposes weakness but once people figure him out i dont think he is a serious threat to 205 or heavyweight.

From the forum rules that all agreed to when signing up......

"Internet etiquette states that UPPER CASE letters are shouting. Unless it is something urgent' date=' please use lower case letters when adding new discussions."[/i']

Yeah, nothing else to add to that as not worth the argument.

The needless hype that goes on is things like the head of the UFC saying this fighter or that fighter is the P4P king, or miss stating fighter facts to build a fight....Carwin 6'5"? Since when? Even his own website lists him at 6'2"...but its all about the hype for Lesnar/Carwin...lol.

Chuck & Randy? legends of the sport!

Machida? LHW Champion of the world! (well until he fights rua again)

Brock? HW Champion!

Overhyped?

I think you should stick to something you know.

Maybe Chedder.

Machida and in particular Lesnar, are over-hyped right now. I agree with both of these choices.

I completely disagree with your assessment of Liddell and Couture. Both fought everyone who was put in front of them, no questions asked. Chuck dominated LHW for 3 years, and is one of the most consistent knockout artists of that era. Is he the same now as he was 3 years ago? Obviously not. Does his legendary status make him overrated now? I don't think anyone thinks that Liddell will make a comeback, so I don't see how he's overrated. He barely rated, let alone, overrated. Couture. Although his 16-10 record doesn't parlay a great winning percentage, his legendary wars, underdog status, 15 title fights, 5-time UFC Champion. Started in the UFC at 34, relatively old by todays standard - and continues to war to this day, at the unheard of age of 46. Regardless of Couture's record, he's an animal anytime he fights. Look at the fight with Nog. Warrior.

is CHUCK in the MMA hall of fame or UFC hall of fame??

if he is in the UFC hall of fame then that means he was the BEST in UFC....of course UFC wud say he is the best in the world....cuz its bussiness... u wud be stupid to actually think that he was....

cuz pride claimed the same about Shogun at the time... unfortunately FOR U they faced off when CHUCKwas out of his prime... or else u wudnt be asking such idiotic questions..

again.. u cant claim that JUST cuz the LHW div more stacked now... chuck losses his legacy' date='......cuz like i said ..according to that RULE/ ASUMPTION.... we wud need to forget about GARCIE/HUGHES/COLEMAN/SHAMROCK/CRO COP... cuz none of them belonged to todays "stacked" divisons...

as for research.... ders a MILLION ppl out there.. who KNOWS MOUSASI wud beat MACHIDA in 2 rnds or less........so does that mean MACHIDA isnt a GREAT fighter who probably wud be the next icon... or does it stop UFC from claiming that he is the BEST in thw world.... even if we forget his RUA fight???

YOU need to do some research son.... its ok to have an OPINION...but facts are facts..... and LIDELL is in the HOF and ders a reason why MOST MMA fans swear by his name...

and if u think everyone is worng except u... well then.....happy living in fantasyland..[/quote']

whos asking questions? are u even reading the other posts or just throwing up whatever comes to mind. the thread is called over hyped for a reason. i wasnt asking any questions in my post i was stating facts. your reply's are so childish i dont even no where to start. im not disputing him in the hall of fame or his legacy in the ufc. im saying during his reign he was waaaaay over hyped by the ufc. they built him up as the best in the world when there was clearly better fighters out there. yes he was the best in the ufc and u can hang on his balls all u want for that but as far as this thread goes, he was over hyped. he wasnt the best in the world when he was champion like the ufc claimed, and that translates into him being over hyped.

and as far as your machida statement yes he is over hyped, if the ufc is trying to pass him off as the either 1 or 2 fighter in the world then that would translate into over hype.

are u sure u no what that means, over hype?

Machida and in particular Lesnar' date=' are over-hyped right now. I agree with both of these choices.

I completely disagree with your assessment of Liddell and Couture. Both fought everyone who was put in front of them, no questions asked. Chuck dominated LHW for 3 years, and is one of the most consistent knockout artists of that era. Is he the same now as he was 3 years ago? Obviously not. Does his legendary status make him overrated now? I don't think anyone thinks that Liddell will make a comeback, so I don't see how he's overrated. He barely rated, let alone, overrated. Couture. Although his 16-10 record doesn't parlay a great winning percentage, his legendary wars, underdog status, 15 title fights, 5-time UFC Champion. Started in the UFC at 34, relatively old by todays standard - and continues to war to this day, at the unheard of age of 46. Regardless of Couture's record, he's an animal anytime he fights. Look at the fight with Nog. Warrior.[/quote']

were not talking about just right now. at least im not. in chucks prime he was over rated, there were better fighters in pride during his reign. i remember hearing non stop about how the guy was the best lhw in the world and thinking to myself, these guys cant be serious.

he was the best in the ufc then, theres no doubt about that. but all that hype about him being being the best in the world was just plain marketing. nothing true about it.

Chuck was wayyyyy over hyped' date=' rampage proved that when chuck went to pride.

clay guida has got to be one of the most boring fighters in the ufc. all his fights are the same, he has absolutely no skills beyond taking someone down. every last one of his fights are the same, he takes them down and holds them there. that is his only game plan.[/quote']

This thread is dumb because I utterly disagree with all that the OP stated.

And you my friend are completely wrong on so many levels I can't muster enough time in my day to explain.

were not talking about just right now. at least im not. in chucks prime he was over rated' date=' there were better fighters in pride during his reign. i remember hearing non stop about how the guy was the best lhw in the world and thinking to myself, these guys cant be serious.

he was the best in the ufc then, theres no doubt about that. but all that hype about him being being the best in the world was just plain marketing. nothing true about it.[/quote']

THANK YOU! thats all iam sayin he was good but lets be honest he was over hyped.

people dont have to agree with it about randy but he faced some bum heavy weights, took adavtange of chucks predictable style, and beat a young vitor.

saying he was the best lhw in the world at the time is a little much seeing how he got whooped by rampage, and shogun in that time would have killed him. but he was the best in the ufc, in that sense i dont think he was overhyped. and kudos to chuck for going to pride and testing himself and actually beating a few of those guys.

That's a horrible list. All the people you listed are legends (or will become legends) of MMA. Lesnar is not overhyped at all. He may not be the most skilful (apart from the wrestling), but his size makes up for it. He'll be an absolute machine in a couple years.

I agree totally on the other three, but Lyoto Machida on that list, just because Shogun fought him tough? Penn, Franklin, Evans, Silva, Sokoudjou and Tito are not big enough names for you? Would you have had him on that list two weeks ago? Sounds to me like just another crybaby, apologist, Pride-wanna-be Shogun fan, who probably still gets teary-eyed when he thinks about last weeks fight. And calling him a ***** tells me that you are a Tito fan also. Or maybe you are Tito. HaHaHa.

I agree totally on the other three' date=' but Lyoto Machida on that list, just because Shogun fought him tough? Penn, Franklin, Evans, Silva, Sokoudjou and Tito are not big enough names for you? Would you have had him on that list two weeks ago? Sounds to me like just another crybaby, apologist, Pride-wanna-be Shogun fan, who probably still gets teary-eyed when he thinks about last weeks fight. And calling him a ***** tells me that you are a Tito fan also. Or maybe you are Tito. HaHaHa.[/quote']

No I think tito is an even bigger over hyped fighter then anyone else.

The reason i put Lyoto on the list is because Dana white and the ufc have said "this guy like to bang and knock people out" and because of his last couple fights i think his power is being over hyped.

Lyoto is a good fighter but I think he is far from top 3 Light Heavy Weights and I think there are alot of fighters out there who could beat Lyoto and the ufc is making him seem untouchable.