Sign in to follow this  
ArcaneKnight

If Randy Couture Loses to Brandon Vera.. Do You Think He'll Retire?

Let's face it, Randy still wants to compete for, and win a title. If he can't get past Brandon Vera, there's no way he's reaching the top shelf of LHW fighter. So it brings me to my question..

Do you think Randy Couture will retire if he loses to Brandon Vera tomarrow night? Or do you think he SHOULD retire if he loses to Vera tomarrow night? I understand they're using Vera as an oppoent that Randy could very well beat, to shoot him up the ranks to get him that title shot. Vera is a formidable opponent, but far from the best @ 205. We should see if he is just a middle of the pack guy, or a true contender tomarrow night. No doubt about it, if Randy gets past Vera, he will be the next in line for a title shot against the winner of Machida/Shogun 2. But Vera will still be 2 solid wins after Randy in order to get his.

I know they're banking on Randy winning, and matching him up with either Shogun or Machida for a superfight, which will of course bring in big numbers. However if Vera wins, they could use his Randy win to build up his stock, and have another semi draw in the LHW division. It's a win win for the UFC, but I know they want the guaranteed upfront money that Randy brings, as opposed to someone who they will continue to have to build to become a fraction of the draw Randy is.

Either way, it will be good for the UFC. One will be long term, the other short term, and as we all know the UFC is in this for the long haul, and Randy is more or less, on his way out. Might as well make the most on him before people realize he's simply too old to compete with the big dogs in the LHW division, and there's no need to see an old man get beat down. Nobody wants to see that, and nobody wants to see Randy go out on a 4-5 fight losing streak, so this could possibly be his last fight if he loses.

I can see him accepting that he just doesn't have what it takes anymore, and will once and for all, decide to hang them up. A lot of fighters feel the need they HAVE to go out on a win, if Randy loses, it will be his 3rd consecutive loss, he tries to go out with a win, he could lose another 2, and really be forced to retire on a 4-5 fight losing streak. Unless of course they give him someone lower down the ladder than even Brandon Vera, but what's the point in that? He's been fighting the best his entire career, give him a couple free bee's just for the sake of going out "on top"? Just to risk losing to some even weaker fighters? Randy has too much pride to roll like that, and there is no shame in retiring after this fight, he lost to 3 solid fighters, but he made fights out of all of them.

Respect the fact that when you watch the event tomarrow night, that it could possibly be the last time you ever see Randy fight again. Pull for him, but appreciate the fight like watching a legend in Nolan Ryan pitch his final Baseball game, or a quarterback like John Elway throw his final football game. They may or may not win, but that's not the most important thing, the important thing is you get to say you saw him compete live for the last time. So when future generations are talking about a legend like Randy, you can say you saw his last and final fight. So pull for the guy, if he loses, there's a good chance you saw him fight for the last time.

He's a Hall of Famer no question, and anyone who says otherwise is a damn fool. Who cares about someone's record, anyone can have a good record if they aren't fighting good competition. A lot of fighters accumulate their great records fighting guys in small shows, who don't train at all, they just show up for a quick payday. Look at competition Randy has had to face throughout his entire career, I'd say his record is pretty damn solid considering the competition he has had to face. On top of that, he fought his toughest competition when he was in his 40's, and you're going to try and knock his record for that?

randy couture has had an amazing career i heard he still has like 5 more fights but i think it is time for him to retire but he will be remembered forever

That new contract he signed was just to make sure the UFC had him locked down from ever having the opportunity to fight Fedor outside of the UFC. I also think he had a clause in it, that if Fedor ever joins the UFC, Randy gets to have the first crack at him. Everyone knows he's not going to fulfill that contract. It was just a way for the UFC to make sure Randy retires in the UFC.

I agree with you. He's definitely a Hall of Famer. Even if his records is as such, he only fought big names.

But even if Randy loses, I'm afraid he might want to fight another one if he loses in a decision. So in order for Randy to retire for sure, Vera has to KTFO Randy. That is the only way...

Let's face it' date=' Randy still wants to compete for, and win a title. If he can't get past Brandon Vera, there's no way he's reaching the top shelf of LHW fighter. So it brings me to my question..

Do you think Randy Couture will retire if he loses to Brandon Vera tomarrow night? Or do you think he SHOULD retire if he loses to Vera tomarrow night? I understand they're using Vera as an oppoent that Randy could very well beat, to shoot him up the ranks to get him that title shot. Vera is a formidable opponent, but far from the best @ 205. We should see if he is just a middle of the pack guy, or a true contender tomarrow night. No doubt about it, if Randy gets past Vera, he will be the next in line for a title shot against the winner of Machida/Shogun 2. But Vera will still be 2 solid wins after Randy in order to get his.

I know they're banking on Randy winning, and matching him up with either Shogun or Machida for a superfight, which will of course bring in big numbers. However if Vera wins, they could use his Randy win to build up his stock, and have another semi draw in the LHW division. It's a win win for the UFC, but I know they want the guaranteed upfront money that Randy brings, as opposed to someone who they will continue to have to build to become a fraction of the draw Randy is.

Either way, it will be good for the UFC. One will be long term, the other short term, and as we all know the UFC is in this for the long haul, and Randy is more or less, on his way out. Might as well make the most on him before people realize he's simply too old to compete with the big dogs in the LHW division, and there's no need to see an old man get beat down. Nobody wants to see that, and nobody wants to see Randy go out on a 4-5 fight losing streak, so this could possibly be his last fight if he loses.

I can see him accepting that he just doesn't have what it takes anymore, and will once and for all, decide to hang them up. A lot of fighters feel the need they HAVE to go out on a win, if Randy loses, it will be his 3rd consecutive loss, he tries to go out with a win, he could lose another 2, and really be forced to retire on a 4-5 fight losing streak. Unless of course they give him someone lower down the ladder than even Brandon Vera, but what's the point in that? He's been fighting the best his entire career, give him a couple free bee's just for the sake of going out "on top"? Just to risk losing to some even weaker fighters? Randy has too much pride to roll like that, and there is no shame in retiring after this fight, he lost to 3 solid fighters, but he made fights out of all of them.

Respect the fact that when you watch the event tomarrow night, that it could possibly be the last time you ever see Randy fight again. Pull for him, but appreciate the fight like watching a legend in Nolan Ryan pitch his final Baseball game, or a quarterback like John Elway throw his final football game. They may or may not win, but that's not the most important thing, the important thing is you get to say you saw him compete live for the last time. So when future generations are talking about a legend like Randy, you can say you saw his last and final fight. So pull for the guy, if he loses, there's a good chance you saw him fight for the last time.

He's a Hall of Famer no question, and anyone who says otherwise is a damn fool. Who cares about someone's record, anyone can have a good record if they aren't fighting good competition. A lot of fighters accumulate their great records fighting guys in small shows, who don't train at all, they just show up for a quick payday. Look at competition Randy has had to face throughout his entire career, I'd say his record is pretty damn solid considering the competition he has had to face. On top of that, he fought his toughest competition when he was in his 40's, and you're going to try and knock his record for that?[/quote']

i think it depends on how Couture loses, if he gets knocked out bad then he should consider retiring and if he loses a close split decision then he should keep fighting

Randy will not lose to Brandon and losing has nothing to do with his decision to retire. He retired once already after winning that bout.

If I remember correctly he retired after the 3rd fight with Chuck Liddell in which he lost. He resigned from the UFC after winning the title from Tim Sylvia, to pursue a superfight with Fedor.

I don't count that as a retirement.

If I remember correctly he retired after the 3rd fight with Chuck Liddell in which he lost. He resigned from the UFC after winning the title from Tim Sylvia' date=' to pursue a superfight with Fedor.

I don't count that as a retirement.[/quote']

A fight he didn't even have in the works, if Randy really wanted to fight Fedor he would have made it happen, instead he completed his UFC contract and ducked Fedor by resigning. His speech was pretty clear to me that night, he retired.

A fight he didn't even have in the works' date=' if Randy really wanted to fight Fedor he would have made it happen, instead he completed his UFC contract and ducked Fedor by resigning. His speech was pretty clear to me that night, he retired.[/quote']

LOL.. He made it clear thereafter he was pursuing a fight with Fedor. The whole time he was gone wasn't because he retired. He was in a court battle with the UFC, to try and get released from his contract, so he could legally be allowed to fight Fedor. Since he didn't fulfill his contract obligations, there was a timeframe of something like 18 months, if he didn't complete the fights on his contract, there was a no compete clause for 18 months. So any hype that fight might have had, would've died by then.

He knew he wasn't going to win his court battle with the UFC, so finally came to a resolution. Fighting Fedor was, and is still his biggest priority, he just now knows it wont happen unless Fedor joins the UFC, which now seems highly unlikely.

A fight he didn't even have in the works' date=' if Randy really wanted to fight Fedor he would have made it happen, instead he completed his UFC contract and ducked Fedor by resigning. His speech was pretty clear to me that night, he retired.[/quote']

he didnt complete his contract, dang your an idiot , arcane knight is way right

Randy Couture doesn't CARE! He's gonna fight who he's gonna fight, and he just wants to fight because he loves it. Winning and losing doesn't really matter to him, he's just an all around good sport. I like the guy for that.

LOL.. He made it clear thereafter he was pursuing a fight with Fedor. The whole time he was gone wasn't because he retired. He was in a court battle with the UFC' date=' to try and get released from his contract, so he could legally be allowed to fight Fedor. Since he didn't fulfill his contract obligations, there was a timeframe of something like 18 months, if he didn't complete the fights on his contract, there was a no compete clause for 18 months. So any hype that fight might have had, would've died by then.

He knew he wasn't going to win his court battle with the UFC, so finally came to a resolution. Fighting Fedor was, and is still his biggest priority, he just now knows it wont happen unless Fedor joins the UFC, which now seems highly unlikely.[/quote']

he didnt complete his contract' date=' dang your an idiot , arcane knight is way right[/quote']

The both of you are so **** backwards its insane. If you want to help hide Randy behind his ducking Fedor by using that legal battle BS go ahead but you just look like fools. When Randy came back to the UFC and completed his contract there was no legal obligation left to hold him to the UFC and Randy could have gone on to pursue a fight with Fedor. Instead Randy ducked Fedor by signing another contract with the UFC. Randy could have fought Fedor then came back to the UFC after...but he didn't.......thats called ducking. The two of you should get a place together so you can stroke your Randy fantasies on eachother.

Randy doesn't need to prove anything anymore of course. He is here now for the fans, to give good fights.

As long as he isn't getting KO'ed every fight, he still has a right to keep fighting, in my opinion.

I hope if he gets absolutly smashed by Vera he thinks about retirement, I honestly don't see it being an issue though. Its going to be a good fight and I think either way Randy is in a win win situation. He loses to Vera then its ok he lost to a hungry Vera who is finaly focused and trying to make a title run. If he beats Vera then he is back at 205 and looking to move up one last time before retirement.

My question is - If Randy pulls off a huge win, I'm not talking a decssion I am saying a huge GNP victory where Vera either taps due to strikes or gets KO'd where would that put him in everyones eyes and in the UFC LHW rankings?

The both of you are so **** backwards its insane. If you want to help hide Randy behind his ducking Fedor by using that legal battle BS go ahead but you just look like fools. When Randy came back to the UFC and completed his contract there was no legal obligation left to hold him to the UFC and Randy could have gone on to pursue a fight with Fedor. Instead Randy ducked Fedor by signing another contract with the UFC. Randy could have fought Fedor then came back to the UFC after...but he didn't.......thats called ducking. The two of you should get a place together so you can stroke your Randy fantasies on eachother.

Well he lost to Brock, and then to Big Nog. The money that fight would've made is nowhere near the money it would've pulled in after his win against Tim Sylvia. He got made an offer he couldn't refuse, and home to retire in. Why burn bridges for a fight that nobody wanted to see anymore? People were over it the moment he lost to Brock, and Brock became the man everyone wanted to see Fedor fight.

He has security with the UFC, and multiple big fight paydays, outside of the UFC, there's Fedor. That's about it. After he retires from fighting, he can still broadcast with Rogan and Goldberg, to continue being paid after he's done fighting. He cuts those ties to fight Fedor one time, he's never welcome back in the home of the UFC.

Not only that, I really feel like Randy thought he had a chance against Fedor at one time, but came to his senses that Fedor was too fast, too strong, and too complete to compete against, so he just re-signed with the UFC.

Let's face it' date=' Randy still wants to compete for, and win a title. If he can't get past Brandon Vera, there's no way he's reaching the top shelf of LHW fighter. So it brings me to my question..

He's a Hall of Famer no question, and anyone who says otherwise is a damn fool. Who cares about someone's record, anyone can have a good record if they aren't fighting good competition. A lot of fighters accumulate their great records fighting guys in small shows, who don't train at all, they just show up for a quick payday. Look at competition Randy has had to face throughout his entire career, I'd say his record is pretty damn solid considering the competition he has had to face. On top of that, he fought his toughest competition when he was in his 40's, and you're going to try and knock his record for that?[/quote']

Randy beating Vera equates to a title shot? LOL, nope. Not even close. If Dana feeds him another title shot after a UD over Vera, I'll shoot myself. It wouldn't surprise me actually, but in the big picture, no way does he deserve a title shot if he beats Vera. Maybe if he knocks him the F out in less that 30, other than that, no way.

i know i'm a noob, but does any one else get the impression it's a "passing of the touch" kinda fight? subject to outcome of coarse..........

Well he lost to Brock' date=' and then to Big Nog. The money that fight would've made is nowhere near the money it would've pulled in after his win against Tim Sylvia. He got made an offer he couldn't refuse, and home to retire in. Why burn bridges for a fight that nobody wanted to see anymore? People were over it the moment he lost to Brock, and Brock became the man everyone wanted to see Fedor fight.

He has security with the UFC, and multiple big fight paydays, outside of the UFC, there's Fedor. That's about it. After he retires from fighting, he can still broadcast with Rogan and Goldberg, to continue being paid after he's done fighting. He cuts those ties to fight Fedor one time, he's never welcome back in the home of the UFC.

Not only that, I really feel like Randy thought he had a chance against Fedor at one time, but came to his senses that Fedor was too fast, too strong, and too complete to compete against, so he just re-signed with the UFC.[/quote']

Randy wants no part of Emelianenko, especially now. Maybe 5 years ago, not now. Fedor would obliterate Randy, and I wouldn't enjoy it. Randy had a chance to fight Fedor, and came home to the UFC. I'm sure he could convince Dana to let him fight Emp when his current contract is done, and still come back for commentating or other stuff.

i know i'm a noob' date=' but does any one else get the impression it's a "passing of the touch" kinda fight? subject to outcome of coarse..........[/quote']

Unless Vera destroys Randy with a head kick, or something dominating, I see nothing for Vera. He looks weak minded and utterly inconsistent. He's a great potential, but we've been hearing this for the last 3 years - and he barely beats Krystoff (no slouch, just saying).

This fight has no real implications, unless one of them KOs the other in short, spectacular fashion.

Randy beating Vera equates to a title shot? LOL' date=' nope. Not even close. If Dana feeds him another title shot after a UD over Vera, I'll shoot myself. It wouldn't surprise me actually, but in the big picture, no way does he deserve a title shot if he beats Vera. Maybe if he knocks him the F out in less that 30, other than that, no way.[/quote']

Of course he doesn't. He hasn't been deserving of half his title shots. He retired after losing to Chuck, came back and got an instant title shot against Tim Sylvia.

They're giving Couture someone he can beat, just so they CAN give him a title shot. Randy is in no position to work his way up the ranks to be deserving of a title shot. It also helps when the UFC doesn't give out title shots based on who is deserving of them. They're based on what fights will bring in the most money. Randy in title fights spells big bucks for the UFC. So they'll throw them at him with just about every win he can get.

Well he lost to Brock' date=' and then to Big Nog. The money that fight would've made is nowhere near the money it would've pulled in after his win against Tim Sylvia. He got made an offer he couldn't refuse, and home to retire in. Why burn bridges for a fight that nobody wanted to see anymore? People were over it the moment he lost to Brock, and Brock became the man everyone wanted to see Fedor fight.

Not only that, I really feel like Randy thought he had a chance against Fedor at one time, but came to his senses that Fedor was too fast, too strong, and too complete to compete against, so he just re-signed with the UFC.[/quote']

He lost to Brock big deal, Randy has never been this great fighter anyway, he got his **** kicked against top fighters when he would be in his supposed prime.....16 wins 10 losses.....hardly a stellar record. Its his age that compels people to watch, if he loses, hes old and its ok, if he wins, hes old and its awesome and the over hype that the UFC puts on Randy is laughable. And the fact that you say Randy is only in it for the money is curious....I wonder if Randy would agree.

He lost to Brock big deal' date=' Randy has never been this great fighter anyway, he got his **** kicked against top fighters when he would be in his supposed prime.....16 wins 10 losses.....hardly a stellar record. Its his age that compels people to watch, if he loses, hes old and its ok, if he wins, hes old and its awesome and the over hype that the UFC puts on Randy is laughable. And the fact that you say Randy is only in it for the money is curious....I wonder if Randy would agree.[/quote']

I didn't say Randy was only in it for the money. I was implying that the amount of money he got offered was A LOT of insentive for him to return to the UFC. To think money plays absolutely no part in his decision making is quite foolish.

The Randy/Fedor fight would've been huge had Randy fought him after he beat Tim Sylvia. After he came back to finish out his contract and lost to Brock, that match up was much less intriguing, and was completely eclipsed by the Brock vs. Fedor match up. A Brock vs. Fedor match up I'd pay to see in a heartbeat.. A Randy vs. Fedor match up, I wouldn't waste my money. That fight would be over in 30 seconds, and I'd just catch it on youtube 10 minutes later.

Probably not. He continues to believe that he is improving and I don't think that he will retire until he feels that he can no longer complete.

I see Randy striving to fight passed 50 - an accomplishment that not many people would ever be able to make. He'll try and set the Gordie Howe benchmark for longevity in my opinion. If he gets KOd in 3 straight, probably not, but I don't see it happening. I see Randy acting as a gatekeeper of sorts, with no real intentions of shooting for the title. Maybe I'm wrong, he's proven me that many times.

Of course he doesn't. He hasn't been deserving of half his title shots. He retired after losing to Chuck' date=' came back and got an instant title shot against Tim Sylvia.

They're giving Couture someone he can beat, just so they CAN give him a title shot. Randy is in no position to work his way up the ranks to be deserving of a title shot. It also helps when the UFC doesn't give out title shots based on who is deserving of them. They're based on what fights will bring in the most money. Randy in title fights spells big bucks for the UFC. So they'll throw them at him with just about every win he can get.[/quote']

That makes more sense. I interpretted you as believing he'd be deserving of that given shot. My bad.

how bout you post accuate info, google that whole situation that took place when couture resigned from the UFC, you will see, i swear these noobies get dumber and dumber

I didn't say Randy was only in it for the money. I was implying that the amount of money he got offered was A LOT of insentive for him to return to the UFC. To think money plays absolutely no part in his decision making is quite foolish.

The Randy/Fedor fight would've been huge had Randy fought him after he beat Tim Sylvia. After he came back to finish out his contract and lost to Brock' date=' that match up was much less intriguing, and was completely eclipsed by the Brock vs. Fedor match up. A Brock vs. Fedor match up I'd pay to see in a heartbeat.. A Randy vs. Fedor match up, I wouldn't waste my money. That fight would be over in 30 seconds, and I'd just catch it on youtube 10 minutes later.[/quote']

Didn't say money plays no part in his decision, your putting words where there isn't any, you, however made 3/4's of your post to solidify money was the reason. There is a difference between being more interested in money than fighting and that is clearly the case. Randy could have made millions wherever he went outside the UFC, that is a no-brainer but he chose to squeeze out a few extra to duck Fedor. You may not have paid to see a Fedor/Couture fight but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that such a fight would bring in record numbers, whether or not Couture just lost to Brock.

how bout you post accuate info' date=' google that whole situation that took place when couture resigned from the UFC, you will see, i swear these noobies get dumber and dumber[/quote']

So, your saying that Randy after returning to the UFC, when the court BS was done, fought his two fights that were still outstanding and didn't resign to another 3 fight contract? Whos the misinformed noob ? Heres the facts Skippy..... Randy completed his contractual two fight obligation after the court crap was finished and then ducked Fedor by resigning for another 3 fight contract. And by the way.....its not "accuate" its "accurate".....in this case that is called "irony".....just a little lesson, k, thanks...go back to wiki noob.

Didn't say money plays no part in his decision' date=' your putting words where there isn't any, you, however made 3/4's of your post to solidify money was the reason. There is a difference between being more interested in money than fighting and that is clearly the case. Randy could have made millions wherever he went outside the UFC, that is a no-brainer but he chose to squeeze out a few extra to duck Fedor. You may not have paid to see a Fedor/Couture fight but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that such a fight would bring in record numbers, whether or not Couture just lost to Brock.[/quote']

Someone's guilty. I didn't say you said that. I said it as anyone who thinks money plays no part in someone's decision making, is foolish. Also, you're a hipocrite, you're saying I tried to put words in your mouth when you just put words in mine.

Also, you don't know how well that event would've done, if it wasn't under the UFC banner. I do know, the hype for that fight was dead even before Randy lost to Brock, too much time past and people were over it. Brock just put the Randy believers to sleep. After Tim Sylvia people thought Randy might have a chance against Fedor, because "you can't ever count Randy out." Well there was no more of that talk after the Brock fight. Especially not after the last fight on his last contract against Big Nog. .

You dont think Randy took into account the guaranteed money, and invested himself into a finacially stable company? He could've lost to Big Nog, and not been able to ask as much as he got. He took his chances, and it ended up being the right move. Yeah go and fight Fedor after getting beatdown by a guy Fedor smashed 3 times, a Nog that was in his prime at the time..

People pay to see fights where they don't know who will win, everyone knows Fedor would smash Randy, so why pay to see a straight beatdown? 50 bucks for a 30 second fight? Maybe if people still thought Randy had a chance. But that fight's hype has been long since dead.

Also you say he could've made millions outside of the UFC? Oh yeah? Where? Affliction offered him into the millions for the Fedor fight, but with ridiculous payroll, look where they're at. You think DREAM or Strikeforce could afford Randy beyond the Fedor fight? Get real. Then expect the UFC to take him back with open arms?

Randy made the right decision regardless of what you say or think. He's not ducking Fedor, he'd accept that fight no question if Fedor came to the UFC. So shut the hell up with your ducking BS.

Someone's guilty. I didn't say you said that. I said it as anyone who thinks money plays no part in someone's decision making' date=' is foolish. Also, you're a hipocrite, you're saying I tried to put words in your mouth when you just put words in mine.

Also, you don't know how well that event would've done, if it wasn't under the UFC banner. I do know, the hype for that fight was dead even before Randy lost to Brock, too much time past and people were over it. Brock just put the Randy believers to sleep. After Tim Sylvia people thought Randy might have a chance against Fedor, because "you can't ever count Randy out." Well there was no more of that talk after the Brock fight. Especially not after the last fight on his last contract against Big Nog. .

You dont think Randy took into account the guaranteed money, and invested himself into a finacially stable company? He could've lost to Big Nog, and not been able to ask as much as he got. He took his chances, and it ended up being the right move. Yeah go and fight Fedor after getting beatdown by a guy Fedor smashed 3 times, a Nog that was in his prime at the time..

People pay to see fights where they don't know who will win, everyone knows Fedor would smash Randy, so why pay to see a straight beatdown? 50 bucks for a 30 second fight? Maybe if people still thought Randy had a chance. But that fight's hype has been long since dead.

Also you say he could've made millions outside of the UFC? Oh yeah? Where? Affliction offered him into the millions for the Fedor fight, but with ridiculous payroll, look where they're at. You think DREAM or Strikeforce could afford Randy beyond the Fedor fight? Get real. Then expect the UFC to take him back with open arms?

Randy made the right decision regardless of what you say or think. He's not ducking Fedor, he'd accept that fight no question if Fedor came to the UFC. So shut the hell up with your ducking BS.[/quote']

In no way do I think Randy ducked Fedor. I think he could have fought him, but as you say, weighed his options and made an overall smarter move for his pocketbook and reputation. Randy is an Emelianenko **** (sorry Brew, it wasn't to anyone on here!) - he loves Fedor, and as a fighter, would love the honour of fighting him. Randy probably stood up when Millen issued that "challenge" and said he'd do it, if Brock didn't. I agree, no way Randy would ever duck a fight of that caliber.

So' date=' your saying that Randy after returning to the UFC, when the court BS was done, fought his two fights that were still outstanding and didn't resign to another 3 fight contract? Whos the misinformed noob ? Heres the facts Skippy..... Randy completed his contractual two fight obligation after the court crap was finished and then ducked Fedor by resigning for another 3 fight contract. And by the way.....its not "accuate" its "accurate".....in this case that is called "irony".....just a little lesson, k, thanks...go back to wiki noob.[/quote']

When Randy came back to fight Tim Sylvia he signed a 3 fight deal, Tim being his first fight, Brock his 2nd, and Big Nog his 3rd. But Randy signed a 6 fight contract before the final fight on his old contract.

He took the contract while the ball was still in his court, he goes off and loses to Big Nog, he loses all power in what he can demand. There were no guarantees after the fight. And there was no guarantee he'd win that fight. He didn't want to gamble and I dont blame him, he made the right decision.

Randy made the right decision regardless of what you say or think. He's not ducking Fedor' date=' he'd accept that fight no question if Fedor came to the UFC. So shut the hell up with your ducking BS.[/quote']

Now, after all your ridiculous posts the truth is finally blatantly revealed....your clearly a biased Randy nut-hugger. Anyone interested in reality doesn't deny what is staring them in the face but unfortunately your one of those people that just can't handle it, Randy ducked Fedor. But, its ok, I don't expect everyone to have an objective view...so go back and nestle yourself snugly in Randy's shorts. You, Randy's nut sack and his payoff can continue to live in quiet delusional fantasy.

In no way do I think Randy ducked Fedor. I think he could have fought him' date=' but as you say, weighed his options and made an overall smarter move for his pocketbook and reputation. Randy is an Emelianenko **** (sorry Brew, it wasn't to anyone on here!) - he loves Fedor, and as a fighter, would love the honour of fighting him. Randy probably stood up when Millen issued that "challenge" and said he'd do it, if Brock didn't. I agree, no way Randy would ever duck a fight of that caliber.[/quote']

Randy clearly ducked Fedor to deny it is a blatant fanbois nut-hugger attitude....Maybe you and ArcanKnight can take turns on Randy's sack, or, you can share and each take a nut.

In no way do I think Randy ducked Fedor. I think he could have fought him' date=' but as you say, weighed his options and made an overall smarter move for his pocketbook and reputation. Randy is an Emelianenko **** (sorry Brew, it wasn't to anyone on here!) - he loves Fedor, and as a fighter, would love the honour of fighting him. Randy probably stood up when Millen issued that "challenge" and said he'd do it, if Brock didn't. I agree, no way Randy would ever duck a fight of that caliber.[/quote']

Exactly.. It's nothing but a win/win for Randy. He is expected to lose, but if he somehow were to win, he would go down in history as the man to knock Fedor off. On top of a huge payday. He has nothing to lose in that fight, but everything to gain. Even though his chances are slim to none, he'd definetly take his chances for the opportunity to fight this unstoppable Russian monster that will most likely go down as the greatest fighter to ever live, and will probably never be surpassed in that sense, no matter who comes along after him.

Even though there isn't much history behind MMA, Fedor will be to MMA, what Babe Ruth is to Baseball. People believe the story behind the legend. Though Babe Ruth has the numbers to back up his legend, Fedor has the record and videographic proof of his greatness, and will be talked about until the end of time. Every great fighter from future generations will be compared to Fedor, and the hypothetical question will always pop up, how could they've done against a prime Fedor?

Now' date=' after all your ridiculous posts the truth is finally blatantly revealed....your clearly a biased Randy nut-hugger. Anyone interested in reality doesn't deny what is staring them in the face but unfortunately your one of those people that just can't handle it, Randy ducked Fedor. But, its ok, I don't expect everyone to have an objective view...so go back and nestle yourself snugly in Randy's shorts. You, Randy's nut sack and his payoff can continue to live in quiet delusional fantasy.[/quote']

I'm not even going to respond to you anymore beyond this. You say "RANDY DUCKED FEDOR" but you give no reason behind why he did. I gave plenty of reasons. All you're saying is, he could've done this and that after he finished out his fight contract! I went to the Affliction event after Fedor fought Tim, and Randy came into the ring congratulated Fedor and asked everyone in attendance, how they'd like to see a fight with him and Fedor. The crowd erupted. This is when they were both coming off wins against Tim. Yeah it was a big fight at the time, it isn't anymore.

Randy knows that, and he probably wouldn't have been able to ask what he would've once got after his losses to Brock and Big Nog.. So why quit the UFC for a fight nobody is really that interested in anymore? When there'd have just been even more excuses flying around, "Fedor is fighting old washed up fighters.. Cans, Typical Fedor." Or whatever. At that point, the fight just didn't hold the same weight as it once did. Randy knew that. So why would he duck a better deal with the UFC, for a worse one outside? That would've ended all relations with the UFC.

I'm not even going to respond to you anymore beyond this. You say "RANDY DUCKED FEDOR" but you give no reason behind why he did. I gave plenty of reasons. All you're saying is' date=' he could've done this and that after he finished out his fight contract! I went to the Affliction event after Fedor fought Tim, and Randy came into the ring congratulated Fedor and asked everyone in attendance, how they'd like to see a fight with him and Fedor. The crowd erupted. This is when they were both coming off wins against Tim. Yeah it was a big fight at the time, it isn't anymore.

Randy knows that, and he probably wouldn't have been able to ask what he would've once got after his losses to Brock and Big Nog.. So why quit the UFC for a fight nobody is really that interested in anymore? When there'd have just been even more excuses flying around, "Fedor is fighting old washed up fighters.. Cans, Typical Fedor." Or whatever. At that point, the fight just didn't hold the same weight as it once did. Randy knew that. So why would he duck a better deal with the UFC, for a worse one outside? That would've ended all relations with the UFC.[/quote']

I put the reasons and proof in previous posts already but your simply too biased and I don't expect any reasonable intelligent response from you, its sad but true. Maybe its a lack of oxygen from being in Randy's shorts too long.....come on out, take a breath and join reality.

I put the reasons and proof in previous posts already but your simply too biased and I don't expect any reasonable intelligent response from you' date=' its sad but true. Maybe its a lack of oxygen from being in Randy's shorts too long.....come on out, take a breath and join reality.[/quote']

Hmmm you make no sense. Good luck with life though eventualy they might let you drive the short bus not just ride in it........

Randy clearly ducked Fedor to deny it is a blatant fanbois nut-hugger attitude....Maybe you and ArcanKnight can take turns on Randy's sack' date=' or, you can share and each take a nut.[/quote']

Listen up donkey, I'm one of the biggest Emelianenko fans in the world. Randy is not one of my favs by any stretch, but I respect his career and his character. And I guarantee you that he either had the option to fight Fedor once, and never be welcomed back to the UFC, or ride out the remainder of his career with a stable paycheck. Randy and Fedor will superfight in about 4 or 5 years, when neither have contractual obligations. Mark it down.

At first, you seemed relatively knowledgeable, but you're misinformed here son. Randy has never ducked a fight in his life, and if you call a guy making a smarter financial move for himself, his family and his future, ducking, you're blind.

i think he should, i deff wouldnt want to see him tarnish his legacy against cans like vera and others like that. i feel with the champions now the roads are closed for him to win another title.

From a fan standpoint, it's easy to say a fighter is ducking another fighter, because they're looking at things from a fan's standpoint, but from a fighter's business point of view.

Fans will always say a fighter is ducking someone or something. That Fedor is ducking the UFC, he could've easily signed with the UFC and fought Brock, and the rest of the UFC's HW's. But the fact is, Fedor made the best decision for himself. He wants to make money beyond his fighting days, and he is using his fighting talents to help jumpstart his business.

Can you blame Fedor for not wanting to be tied down and be just another one of Dana's slaves? He has other priorities that go beyond just fighting. So say someone's ducking someone all you want, these fighter's are making business decisions that are in their best interest.

From a fan standpoint' date=' it's easy to say a fighter is ducking another fighter, because they're looking at things from a fan's standpoint, but from a fighter's business point of view.

Fans will always say a fighter is ducking someone or something. That Fedor is ducking the UFC, he could've easily signed with the UFC and fought Brock, and the rest of the UFC's HW's. But the fact is, Fedor made the best decision for himself. He wants to make money beyond his fighting days, and he is using his fighting talents to help jumpstart his business.

Can you blame Fedor for not wanting to be tied down and be just another one of Dana's slaves? He has other priorities that go beyond just fighting. So say someone's ducking someone all you want, these fighter's are making business decisions that are in their best interest.[/quote']

You're right about Fedor and the UFC. Most American's think Dana is a scheister and soul eater - could you imagine what he looks like to a modest Russian whose priorities are church and family, who lives as simply as one pretty much can. Fedor probably took one look at something saying Dana had the rights to his likelihood for 100 years, and started running. Obviously a dude like Fedor is not afraid of Brock in the slightest, so Fedor simply made the best decision for himself. Same as Randy. This is not ducking

Ducking is when you're the champion of something and instead of fighting #1 contenders, you're hitting 4 and 5 spotters. It was obviously tied to boxing - and as MMA has no official ranking system, and multiple promotions, the ability to fight every qualified opponent just isnt there. It's not the fighters fault, let's put it that way.

Randy wanting to fight Fedor had nothing to do with him seeking to legitimize his name in HW MMA. It was simply Randy wanting to test himself against whom he regards as the best fighter. If anyone is a true fan of fighting, it's Randy.

From a fan standpoint' date=' it's easy to say a fighter is ducking another fighter, because they're looking at things from a fan's standpoint, but from a fighter's business point of view.

Can you blame Fedor for not wanting to be tied down and be just another one of Dana's slaves? He has other priorities that go beyond just fighting. So say someone's ducking someone all you want, these fighter's are making business decisions that are in their best interest.[/quote']

Well stated. So many people get lost in this.