Sign in to follow this  
ArcaneKnight

I've Done my Calculations and.Came to the Conclusion. Brock is the #1 HW in the World

Now hear me out, im a huge Fedor fan, ive been a fan of Fedor since day 1, no questions asked. But I can't deny the facts, and the fact of the matter is Brock is the best HW in the world. Unbeknownst to Brock, he was fighting at 60%. At 60%, Brock was given a 50-50 chance of beating Fedor. After surgery, and when he's able to fully recover, he'll be a 100%. That's a 40% increase. Add that to the 50% chance he was given to beat Fedor, he will now have a 90% chance of beating Fedor. So if he were to fight Fedor 10 times, Brock would beat him 9 out of 10 times. Undisputably making him the best HW in the world. Nobody is a favorite to beat Fedor, Brock was right in line at 50-50 with him, it was basically a coin flip. Now that is no longer the case. Brock will be a 9 to 1 favorite when he comes back 100%. I base my statements upon facts backed by evidence, you all just have an undenying love for Fedor which blinds you from the truth.

I'm sorry, but you can't argue with facts.. My facts are backed by highly qualified, well respected Doctors, and Dana White himself, the saviour of MMA. And no I am not on ZUFFA payrole. Just a fan dropping facts and speaking truth. I'm a realist, and numbers don't lie. With this newfound information, and mathematical evaluation, if Fedor wants to be considered the best fighter on the planet, he has to come to the UFC and fight Brock Lesnar to prove it. It's true, you can't argue with mathematics. There's nothing we can do about it. No matter what any of us say. The only person that can do anything about this is Fedor. If he wants to reclaim his title, he needs to come to the UFC and beat Brock. If not, Brock will continue to be considered the best fighter on the planet, and the #1 HW in the world, until Fedor decides he wants to man up and prove he deserves the right to sit on that throne.

And don't try to come in here and tell me, "No way! Fedor is #1! He's the best fighter in the world! Kevin Randleman jack-knife powerbombed him right on his neck and came back to submit him 30 seconds later! Nobody else could do that! That's how I know Fedor is the best fighter in the world and the #1 HW!"

Just stop. I'm getting tired of hearing that excuse as why Fedor is the best fighter in the world. Brock Lesnar landed on his neck with much more force back in WWE, when he jumped off the top ropes, did a gainer, and landed right on his neck. This was back when he weighed 350+ lbs. He was twice as high as Fedor when he almost broke his neck. He sprung off the top rope, did a gainer, a kind of forward moving backflip, so the momentum generated was immense, then got brought to a dead stop when he landed on his neck. So he leaped forward, did a gainer going with the motion of the direction he jumped, which magnified the impact on his neck. Just go watch it on youtube you'll see what I'm talking about. So don't try to come on here talking about Fedor getting dropped on his head is proof of why he's the best in the world, because that was nothing compared to when Brock landed on his neck. Anyway, his career should've been over, they said he never should've been able to walk again, let alone compete, yet he kept on competing. Retired from WWE, competed for a spot on the Minnesota Vikings, was recorded running a 4.6 40 at tryouts, and missed the roster by 1 spot. Then went on to compete in MMA, becoming UFC HW champion, and is arguably regarded as having the best first 5 fight resume in MMA history, and all of the fights he won, he won in dominating fashion, heck he even lost in dominating fashion. Made a rookie mistake to a former UFC HW champion, you can't knock him for that.

So don't question Brock's heart and his capabilities, nor his ability to beat Fedor. If Brock could overcome all that, sickness and surgery, he can overcome Fedor with ease, no problem.. In comparison, Fedor is a day at the office, a walk in the park, a piece of cake to Brock. Need I remind you, he had a 50-50 chance of beating Fedor at 60%, at 100%, it's no contest. Which is why it's no contest as to who's the best fighter on the planet and the #1 HW in the world. Your UFC HW champion Brock Lesnar. Now finally we have some closure. The only question mark was on the UFC's HW division. But thanks to my calculations I have settled the debate.

BJ Penn - #1 ranked LW in the world.

GSP - #1 ranked WW in the world.

Anderson Silva - #1 ranked MW in the world.

Lyoto Machida - #1 ranked LHW in the world.

Brock Lesnar - #1 ranked HW in the world.

So there you have it folks. Finally, I have answered the biggest question mark in MMA.. Now can we all please put this debate to rest once and for all?

Yeah Brock's okay...

However,

Nothing in this wall of text explains why you put silva/machida/penn/gsp on the same list...

The people demand an equal sized explanation for each of those fighters, if you will.

Yeah Brock's okay...

However' date='

Nothing in this wall of text explains why you put silva/machida/penn/gsp on the same list...

The people demand an equal sized explanation for each of those fighters, if you will.[/quote']

The MMA consensus is that they are all the #1 ranked fighters in their respective weight classes. All these #1 ranked fighters are in the UFC. Brock has officially been added to that list by way of mathematical calculation..

If fighters outside of the UFC want to be considered, or prove that they are the best, they have to come to the UFC to prove it. Otherwise they will never be considered #1 in their weight division.

The MMA consensus is that they are all the #1 ranked fighters in their respective weight classes. All these #1 ranked fighters are in the UFC. Brock has officially been added to that list by way of mathematical calculation..

If fighters outside of the UFC want to be considered' date=' or prove that they are the best, they have to come to the UFC to prove it. Otherwise they will never be considered #1 in their weight division.[/quote']

I'm inclined to beleive the majority of fans on this website consider Rua as #1 at LHW.

Alot of people also think Silva isn't top on MW atm. (some are on Hendo/Mrqdt)

Some people even think Sanchez is top LW (that's the craziest)

This isn't aimed at your favourites, just saying, none ofthe champs are widely considered #1 atm among the fans, at leaste on this site.

I can't see why you have to "mathematically" add Brock to the list - every top has doupts and there's no "general consensus" atm, especialy in HW and LHW...

Ps... i got the same list for top in the Div, i just don;t get why you "mathematically" add Brock, but just assume the others are right ;) Explain all your standings, or at leaste put them to the same theory.

I'm inclined to beleive the majority of fans on this website consider Rua as #1 at LHW.

Alot of people also think Silva isn't top on MW atm. (some are on Hendo/Mrqdt)

Some people even think Sanchez is top LW (that's the craziest)

This isn't aimed at your favourites' date=' just saying, none ofthe champs are widely considered #1 atm among the fans, at leaste on this site.

I can't see why you have to "mathematically" add Brock to the list - every top has doupts and there's no "general consensus" atm, especialy in HW and LHW...[/quote']

Wrong. Fans have opinions, it doesn't make them true. It doesn't matter what they think. And Anderson demolished both Hendo and Marquardt, so how isn't Silva the top MW atm? They had their chance to prove they were #1, they didn't do it.

Last time I checked Diego Sanchez isn't even a top 10 LW, but just outside of it. If he wants to be considered #1, he has to beat the champion, the #1 LW in the world.

Shogun didn't beat Machida. Leg kicking someone all fight does not count as a win, when in that fight did Shogun ever go for the kill? He played it safe and thought he could leg kick his way to a win. Machida went in for the kill on several occasions, and was backing Shogun up every time Machida committed. Shogun will have his chance at redemption, but if you want to be the champ, you have to beat the champ. Shogun didn't do that, therefore he's not the #1 LHW.

Check all the top 10 lists on any site, none of the people you have mentioned are #1 except for those I have already pointed out. Fan's opinions don't make legitimate top 10's. It comes down to personal preference and basically make the list in order of their favorite fighters.

There's a reason why all the #1 fighters in each of the 5 weight classes are all UFC HW champions.

brock has fought a good level of competition for so early in his career, fedor hasnt had a signifcant win against a great fighter since 2004.

on current form i think brock would beat fedor, but to me fedor is only fighting as good as the competition hes facing, thats why im dissapointed he wont come to the ufc, all thats left for him are ufc rejects at strike force, so i cant take him seriously as a current top 3 HW in the world, you can only live off past glory for so long

Wrong. Fans have opinions' date=' it doesn't make them true. It doesn't matter what they think. And Anderson demolished both Hendo and Marquardt, so how isn't Silva the top MW atm? They had their chance to prove they were #1, they didn't do it.

Last time I checked Diego Sanchez isn't even a top 10 LW, but just outside of it. If he wants to be considered #1, he has to beat the champion, the #1 LW in the world.

Shogun didn't beat Machida. Leg kicking someone all fight does not count as a win, when in that fight did Shogun ever go for the kill? He played it safe and thought he could leg kick his way to a win. Machida went in for the kill on several occasions, and was backing Shogun up every time Machida committed. Shogun will have his chance at redemption, but if you want to be the champ, you have to beat the champ. Shogun didn't do that, therefore he's not the #1 LHW.

Check all the top 10 lists on any site, none of the people you have mentioned are #1 except for those I have already pointed out. Fan's opinions don't make legitimate top 10's. It comes down to personal preference and basically make the list in order of their favorite fighters.

There's a reason why all the #1 fighters in each of the 5 weight classes are all UFC HW champions.[/quote']

diego is definatly top 10 LW who ever doesnt have him in the top 10 or even top 5 lose instant credibility, and shogun owned machida 99% of the MMA world saw it, unfortunatly it was the 1% that didnt that cost us a new LHW champ

diego is definatly top 10 LW who ever doesnt have him in the top 10 or even top 5 lose instant credibility' date=' and shogun owned machida 99% of the MMA world saw it, unfortunatly it was the 1% that didnt that cost us a new LHW champ[/quote']

It's the same thing as when Anderson Silva moved up to LHW and fought James Irvin, he wasn't automatically put in the top 10 because he beat him. He wasn't put in the top 10 until he beat Forrest Griffin, a top 10 LHW.

Diego Sanchez hasn't beat a top 10 LW yet, but when he fights them, he will get the opportunity to prove it. As of right now, he hasn't beaten a top 10 LW to deserve a top 10 spot.

Yes Diego is a top 10 LW in the UFC, but as of right now, not a top 10 LW in worldwide rankings.

The only way to decide wich one is the best in the world is to make them fight. not mathematical ********.

Fedor will win' date=' trust me..[/quote']

@ your sig the one name you dont have which is of course the most important AK's

It's the same thing as when Anderson Silva moved up to LHW and fought James Irvin' date=' he wasn't automatically put in the top 10 because he beat him. He wasn't put in the top 10 until he beat Forrest Griffin, a top 10 LHW.

Diego Sanchez hasn't beat a top 10 LW yet, but when he fights them, he will get the opportunity to prove it. As of right now, he hasn't beaten a top 10 LW to deserve a top 10 spot.

Yes Diego is a top 10 LW in the UFC, but as of right now, not a top 10 LW in worldwide rankings.[/quote']

name your top 10 list for LW in the ufc, you will be hard up going past 7 before you put daddy in there

name your top 10 list for LW in the ufc' date=' you will be hard up going past 7 before you put daddy in there[/quote']

Read my post. I'm not disputing the fact that Joe Daddy and Diego are in the "UFC's" top 10 @ LW'. But in worldwide rankings, that recognize fighters outside of the UFC, they are not on that top 10 list.

no way in hell diego isnt t10 LW in the world. you must be ****ing high.

Who has he beaten to deserve to be in the top 10?

You're forgetting fighters like Shinya Aoki, Eddie Alvarez, Kawajiri and Joachim Hansen..

Just admit it, all you watch is UFC. Of course you'd think that. I explained the reason why he's not in the top 10. HE HASN'T BEATEN ANYONE IN IT. Yes, he could beat some of those fighters, but he hasn't, so how do you put him in the top 10.

It's like taking Jimmie Johnson, the #1 Nascar driver atm, and putting him in an Indy car, having him place 15th++ and saying, he's in the top 10 of best Indy car racers. He hasn't proven it, so how could you put him there? Diego will have his chance. Yes he was top 10 at WW, but that ranking doesn't carry over to LW because he hasn't fought, and beat a top 10 fighter yet. So how can you possibly put him in the top 10? Please tell me.

Some of you TUF nubs bother me.

Now hear me out' date=' im a huge Fedor fan, ive been a fan of Fedor since day 1, no questions asked. But I can't deny the facts, and the fact of the matter is Brock is the best HW in the world. Unbeknownst to Brock, he was fighting at 60%. At 60%, Brock was given a 50-50 chance of beating Fedor. After surgery, and when he's able to fully recover, he'll be a 100%. That's a 40% increase. Add that to the 50% chance he was given to beat Fedor, he will now have a 90% chance of beating Fedor. So if he were to fight Fedor 10 times, Brock would beat him 9 out of 10 times. Undisputably making him the best HW in the world. Nobody is a favorite to beat Fedor, Brock was right in line at 50-50 with him, it was basically a coin flip. Now that is no longer the case. Brock will be a 9 to 1 favorite when he comes back 100%. I base my statements upon facts backed by evidence, you all just have an undenying love for Fedor which blinds you from the truth.

[/quote']

ArcaneKnight, this is a joke thread right? If it is, way to put so much effort in a gimmick, you're about to get me good. If you are for real, then you are insane.

First of all, where are you basing all this 60% 90% fighting capabilities for Brock? Evidence? Second, even if those percentages stand true, by claiming he will win 9 times out of 10 against Fedor based on a 90 percentile, you are looking at numbers on paper, not who's actually fighting each other. Let me give you some other number crunches you conveniently left out: Brock 4-1 in his MMA career, Fedor 31-1-1 in his MMA career. That being said, Fedor has 6.6 times the matches Brock has, totally overwhelms Brock in experience. Furthermore, he is dominantly more well rounded in every aspect of MMA; striking, grappeling, ground game, submissions, except maybe wrestling. Finally, Fedor is just a hellova lot more tougher than Brock (similar to that of Minotauro Nogueira). I think your argument is heavily flawed, which only leaves me to believe you have some sort of sick fetish for Brock Lesnar.

you might want to go back to school and learn how to redo your calculations.......

at 60% capabilities = 50% chance

therefore his ability at 100% has increased by a factor of 100/60 = 1.66

so if his chance was 50% then it should, by your flawed reasoning now be:

50x1.6 = 83.33% which equals complete BS!

firstly there is no way to gauge just what level brock has been at

secondly i would only give brock a 30:70 chance of beating fedor in the first place

long live the emperor!

ArcaneKnight' date=' this is a joke thread right? If it is, way to put so much effort in a gimmick, you're about to get me good. If you are for real, then you are insane.

First of all, where are you basing all this 60% 90% fighting capabilities for Brock? Evidence? Second, even if those percentages stand true, by claiming he will win 9 times out of 10 against Fedor based on a 90 percentile, you are looking at numbers on paper, not who's actually fighting each other. Let me give you some other number crunches you conveniently left out: Brock 4-1 in his MMA career, Fedor 31-1-1 in his MMA career. That being said, Fedor has 6.6 times the matches Brock has, totally overwhelms Brock in experience. Furthermore, he is dominantly more well rounded in every aspect of MMA; striking, grappeling, ground game, submissions, except maybe wrestling. Finally, Fedor is just a hellova lot more tougher than Brock (similar to that of Minotauro Nogueira). I think your argument is heavily flawed, which only leaves me to believe you have some sort of sick fetish for Brock Lesnar.[/quote']

Fedor also got to gain experience early in his career by fighting opponents nowhere near the level of Brock's first 5 fights. If he had fought in the cage his entire career, I guarantee his record wouldn't be as impressive. He's pull a good amount of armbars off where he extends through the ropes, in the cage, he doesn't have that luxury, and wouldn't have that extra room to work with. He'd get pinned against the cage, and not be able to extend out for an armbar. Which was witnessed in his first fight in the cage. He attempted, but the cage prohibited him from doing that, which cost him dominant position.

Fedor against the cage with Brock on top of him would be a scary sight. He wouldn't be able to escape that easily against someone with the type of power, and control someone like Brock has.

And licensed Doctor's let the fact that Brock was only fighting at 60% be known. You can't argue with the prognosis of some of the educated doctors the world has to offer. The Mayo clinic is like the Lamborghini of hospitals. So there you have it. That's all the evidence I needed to make my assessment.

Fedor also got to gain experience early in his career by fighting opponents nowhere near the level of Brock's first 5 fights. If he had fought in the cage his entire career' date=' I guarantee his record wouldn't be as impressive. He's pull a good amount of armbars off where he extends through the ropes, in the cage, he doesn't have that luxury, and wouldn't have that extra room to work with. He'd get pinned against the cage, and not be able to extend out for an armbar. Which was witnessed in his first fight in the cage. He attempted, but the cage prohibited him from doing that, which cost him dominant position.

Fedor against the cage with Brock on top of him would be a scary sight. He wouldn't be able to escape that easily against someone with the type of power, and control someone like Brock has.

And licensed Doctor's let the fact that Brock was only fighting at 60% be known. You can't argue with the prognosis of some of the educated doctors the world has to offer. The Mayo clinic is like the Lamborghini of hospitals. So there you have it. That's all the evidence I needed to make my assessment.[/quote']

Yeah thats right, Fedor actually knows how to execute an armbar. Brock only fighting at 60%? What, in his last fight against Mir or ever since he joined the UFC? Brock's toughest fight in his whole career was against Randy Couture, who Brock dominates in size, strength and youth. Randy had just as good wrestling and better boxing. Now, imagine if you put Fedor in against Brock, who in my opinion is just as good as Randy in all areas, plus better ju jitsu. If you're gonna state percentiles by doctors (who wouldn't have one clue what its like to be in a fight and the strategies involved) and praise Brock so high above, then you simply cannot ignore all Fedor's credentials in return. You say Fedor didnt fight as high calibre fighters in his first 5 fights compared to Brock, well you're comparing Brocks whole MMA career (5 fights) against Fedors first 5 fights, which is about one sixth of his whole career. Since we are talking about who would win a potential match-up in the future, you cant be ignorant and compare first 5 fights of both fighters, but compare who they've faught in their career instead. Fedor has faught Herring, Nogueira (3), Coleman (2), CroCop, Randleman, Hunt, Lindland, Sylvia, Arlovski, Rogers... There's just no comparison, Fedor has been tested in his career, and Brock hasn't. Furthermore, for Brock being a superior wrestler, Fedor in respect is a superior sambo and judo fighter, so I dont think Brock will totally dominate Fedor with his wrestling.

Yeah thats right' date=' Fedor actually knows how to execute an armbar. Brock only fighting at 60%? What, in his last fight against Mir or ever since he joined the UFC? Brock's toughest fight in his whole career was against Randy Couture, who Brock dominates in size, strength and youth. Randy had just as good wrestling and better boxing. Now, imagine if you put Fedor in against Brock, who in my opinion is just as good as Randy in all areas, plus better ju jitsu. If you're gonna state percentiles by doctors (who wouldn't have one clue what its like to be in a fight and the strategies involved) and praise Brock so high above, then you simply cannot ignore all Fedor's credentials in return. You say Fedor didnt fight as high calibre fighters in his first 5 fights compared to Brock, well you're comparing Brocks whole MMA career (5 fights) against Fedors first 5 fights, which is about one sixth of his whole career. Since we are talking about who would win a potential match-up in the future, you cant be ignorant and compare first 5 fights of both fighters, but compare who they've faught in their career instead. Fedor has faught Herring, Nogueira (3), Coleman (2), CroCop, Randleman, Hunt, Lindland, Sylvia, Arlovski, Rogers... There's just no comparison, Fedor has been tested in his career, and Brock hasn't. Furthermore, for Brock being a superior wrestler, Fedor in respect is a superior sambo and judo fighter, so I dont think Brock will totally dominate Fedor with his wrestling.[/quote']

If Brett Rogers was controlling Fedor, and completely nullifying Fedor's ground game, whilst implementing a nice ground and pound, imagine what a collegiate division 1 wrestling champion would do to him?

Considering who Brock has fought, this early in his career, at 60%, I'd say his resume is pretty damn impressive. Fedor's biggest wins were against fighters who didn't fair too well in the UFC. Fedor has already stated he wants to return to the ring, he doesn't like the cage. And for that reason, he doesn't have the mobility and room to work with in the cage, a luxury he had in the ring.

In Fedor's first fight we saw how voulnerable he really was when pressed up against the cage, with someone 265+ on top of him. He ate some mean shots off his back from Brett. Brock wouldn't allow Fedor the room to escape, he'd control him, hit him with those short powerful shots, until Fedor got TKO'd, or the doctor's stopped the fight due to cuts.

He controlled someone bigger than Fedor, who arguably has Jui Jitsu on the level of Big Nog, in Frank Mir. When Fedor has room to work with off his back, he is extremely dangerous, in a cage, he doesn't have that kind of room to work with. Big Nog had Randy in several submissions, submissions that were locked in, and couldn't finish the fight. You expect him to be able to apply one of those chokes to Brock? Doubtful.

Fact of the matter is, Fedor only has a puncher's chance to beat Brock.

Now AK, you know I enjoy your posts, but this is ridiculous.

A 200% Brock Lesnar would still get decapitated by Fedor. Sorry to burst your bubble bud.

If Brett Rogers was controlling Fedor' date=' and completely nullifying Fedor's ground game, whilst implementing a nice ground and pound, imagine what a collegiate division 1 wrestling champion would do to him?

Considering who Brock has fought, this early in his career, at 60%, I'd say his resume is pretty damn impressive. Fedor's biggest wins were against fighters who didn't fair too well in the UFC. Fedor has already stated he wants to return to the ring, he doesn't like the cage. And for that reason, he doesn't have the mobility and room to work with in the cage, a luxury he had in the ring.

In Fedor's first fight we saw how voulnerable he really was when pressed up against the cage, with someone 265+ on top of him. He ate some mean shots off his back from Brett. Brock wouldn't allow Fedor the room to escape, he'd control him, hit him with those short powerful shots, until Fedor got TKO'd, or the doctor's stopped the fight due to cuts.

He controlled someone bigger than Fedor, who arguably has Jui Jitsu on the level of Big Nog, in Frank Mir. When Fedor has room to work with off his back, he is extremely dangerous, in a cage, he doesn't have that kind of room to work with. Big Nog had Randy in several submissions, submissions that were locked in, and couldn't finish the fight. You expect him to be able to apply one of those chokes to Brock? Doubtful.

Fact of the matter is, Fedor only has a puncher's chance to beat Brock.[/quote']

Stop using this 60% fluff like its a valid argument unless you can provide a valid link of what doctor you thought said this and for what fights Brock has faught. Fedor's biggest wins were against fighters who didnt fair too well in the UFC? He beat Nogueira, CroCop, Coleman, Randlemen etc. all in pride, all being in their prime, so there goes that argument.

In regards to the Rogers fight, the thing that got him through the ground and pound was sheer toughness and experience, imagine what Fedor has now learnt from that fight. I would say Rogers ground and pound is just as if not more effective than Brocks 6-inch hammerfists. I wouldnt say Fedor is likely to catch Brock in a choke like Nogueira did on Randy, but rather an armbar caught from a floppy fist by Brock, or a Kimura if he gets on top and out-plays Brock from that position. Yes, you can say Brock controlled and demolished Mir, who is primarily a ju-jitsu fighter, but Fedor is 10 times tougher and more experienced than Mir, and im a mad Mir fan. Yes, Brock is definately one of the best wrestlers in the UFC period. Praise that, then praise Fedor's 7-time gold medal winning in Russian Sambo Championships, 4-time gold medal winning in World Sambo Championships and gold medal winning in Russian Judo Championship in 1997. Its not like Fedor is a walk in the park for Brock.

Stop using this 60% fluff like its a valid argument unless you can provide a valid link of what doctor you thought said this and for what fights Brock has faught. Fedor's biggest wins were against fighters who didnt fair too well in the UFC? He beat Nogueira' date=' CroCop, Coleman, Randlemen etc. all in pride, all being in their prime, so there goes that argument.

In regards to the Rogers fight, the thing that got him through the ground and pound was sheer toughness and experience, imagine what Fedor has now learnt from that fight. I would say Rogers ground and pound is just as if not more effective than Brocks 6-inch hammerfists. I wouldnt say Fedor is likely to catch Brock in a choke like Nogueira did on Randy, but rather an armbar caught from a floppy fist by Brock, or a Kimura if he gets on top and out-plays Brock from that position. Yes, you can say Brock controlled and demolished Mir, who is primarily a ju-jitsu fighter, but Fedor is 10 times tougher and more experienced than Mir, and im a mad Mir fan. Yes, Brock is definately one of the best wrestlers in the UFC period. Praise that, then praise Fedor's 7-time gold medal winning in Russian Sambo Championships, 4-time gold medal winning in World Sambo Championships and gold medal winning in Russian Judo Championship in 1997. Its not like Fedor is a walk in the park for Brock.[/quote']

Hey Harrow, cool your jets bro.

Don't take AK so serious. Especcially if it involves Fedor and not being the best.;)

Stop using this 60% fluff like its a valid argument unless you can provide a valid link of what doctor you thought said this and for what fights Brock has faught. Fedor's biggest wins were against fighters who didnt fair too well in the UFC? He beat Nogueira' date=' CroCop, Coleman, Randlemen etc. all in pride, all being in their prime, so there goes that argument.

In regards to the Rogers fight, the thing that got him through the ground and pound was sheer toughness and experience, imagine what Fedor has now learnt from that fight. I would say Rogers ground and pound is just as if not more effective than Brocks 6-inch hammerfists. I wouldnt say Fedor is likely to catch Brock in a choke like Nogueira did on Randy, but rather an armbar caught from a floppy fist by Brock, or a Kimura if he gets on top and out-plays Brock from that position. Yes, you can say Brock controlled and demolished Mir, who is primarily a ju-jitsu fighter, but Fedor is 10 times tougher and more experienced than Mir, and im a mad Mir fan. Yes, Brock is definately one of the best wrestlers in the UFC period. Praise that, then praise Fedor's 7-time gold medal winning in Russian Sambo Championships, 4-time gold medal winning in World Sambo Championships and gold medal winning in Russian Judo Championship in 1997. Its not like Fedor is a walk in the park for Brock.[/quote']

First off, I just want to thank you for using paragraphs, makes it a much less daunting of a task to read.

Secondly, I just want to say, you are blinded by your love for Fedor, and can't look at things from a realistic standpoint. I'm not only factoring in Brock being at 60%, but how Fedor looked in the cage, and against someone with no real wrestling background. He is vulnerable in the cage, and doesn't have as many weapons at his disposal because the cage limits how much room he has to work with.

Fighters could slip through ropes, they have much more give than a fence, and once it got too close to the ropes, they'd get stood up, and reset in the middle of the ring, allowing Fedor the room he needed to swing out to get the leverage for an armbar. He figured out rather quickly, that applying armbars proved to be much more difficult than in the ring where he could lean through the ropes if he had one applied. The cage denies him of that.

Fact of the matter is' date=' Fedor only has a puncher's chance to beat Brock.[/quote']

I practically died laughing after reading this lmfao! You're nuts!

I'm not going to lie' date=' the whole 60% percent comment did leave me a bit confused.

Reminded me back of the DBZ days.[/quote']

Reminded me more of Toguro from YuYu Hakusho.

you might want to go back to school and learn how to redo your calculations.......

at 60% capabilities = 50% chance

therefore his ability at 100% has increased by a factor of 100/60 = 1.66

so if his chance was 50% then it should' date=' by your flawed reasoning now be:

50x1.6 = 83.33% which equals complete BS!

firstly there is no way to gauge just what level brock has been at

secondly i would only give brock a 30:70 chance of beating fedor in the first place

long live the emperor![/quote']

I was just about to point out his calculations are total BS. This is a joke thread, AK just look for attention with threads like this. Wasnt that long ago he was slating Brock if i remember correctly, sooner you all realise hes just an attention seeker the sooner you'll just laugh at his posts

Wow.. well looks like i got on a little late.. but i read it all and IMO, i really do think that Brock has a chance at beating Fedor because of the way Fedor looked against Rogers. I really wasnt all that impressed with him (up until that beautifuly timed shot that KO'd rogers). And im not a fan of neither fighter, i dislike Brock because of the way he acts and i dislike Fedor because i think that all he has fought these last couple of years are UFC has beens and in general no names. I think that both fighters have advantages in there own rights. In a stand up, you have to give Brock the punchers chance, because its fairly obviouse that Brock has more punching power than Fedor. Also, Brock is so much larger than Fedor is. He is by far the best wrestler in the HW devision world wide. There really is no disputing that arguement. But Fedor clearly has an advantage in Jui-Jitsu, the question is, would Fedor be able to overcome the strength and skill of Brocks wrestling? That is something that as of right now will be completly opinion based. Also, Fedor has so much more experiance than Brock, but Brock isnt a stranger to being on a big stage. Every single UFC fight he has had has been either a co-mainevent or the main event and he really has fought only big name, veteran fighters. Randy Couture is about the same size as Fedor, and Brock handled him fairly well. He made some inexperianced mistakes and got caught a few times but overall he just overwhelmed the smaller man. IMO, i think thats what would happen to Fedor. Lesnar is just to large for Fedor to handle and Brock wins via TKO in the 3rd round

Wrong. I also factored in the fact that Brock will be training at a 110% when he comes back, which is why his 83.3% calculation is wrong. Brock is going to be hungrier than ever, wanting to come back and make a statement, that kind of mentality, focus, drive, and heart and other mathematical factors is how I came up with my calculations.

Brock has superhuman retard strength.. You will truly see a real life incredible hulk when Brock shows up at a 100%. You don't think he's thinking, "I was doing that at 60%? Wow, imagine what I'm going to do now! GAMMA CRUSH!" This will do wonders for his confidence, and he will be the one calling Fedor out. Calling Fedor and his camps bluff of "fighting Brock for free" It'll be the worst free **** kicking Fedor ever recieved. He's going to wish he got paid to take a whoopin like that. You don't ever kick a dog while it's down.

Now I know why they called Brock out, they knew he was only at 60% all along and were trying to catch him when he wasn't at his best, because it's the only chance they knew Fedor had. They figured screw it, it's a 50-50 chance, we'll take our chances. The risk was well worth the reward. Now when Brock comes back 100%, they know they'll have far too much to lose, knowing they only have a 10% chance of winning that fight. It's not worth it, so why risk it?

Look, its rediculas to try and "calculate" a fighters ability. You there are far to many variables. This isnt a science experament. Theres are obviouse factors that are undisputable, but how can you include a lucky punch, a fighters hear/chin. YOU CANT. There is no clear cut way to "calculate" a fighters chance. AK, your blowing your own horn on this one. Ive read alot of your other posts and you seem very educated in MMA, but this is just to over the top. Its impossible. There professional fighters, not plants in a green house testing how much light will make them grow

i agree with ak on a lot but

110% would mean that it would be factored out of 200%

so really hes only gonna be fighting at 55%

the longer fedor waits before fighting top level guys (if he ever bothers) the worse the result will be for him

I hope Lesnar dies so we can stop having to listen to the ridiculous nonsense of his delusional fans. He's had 5 fights one of which he tapped in under 2 minutes...he's far from the greatest and even Carwin would/will KO him in the first round exposing him as the one trick pony he is.

wouldnt have the extra room to work with oO how'd you figure this out? just becuase he was on the ropes doing arm bars in a ring why would he automaticaly be pressed up against the fence when the outside of a cage is further away than that of a ring.. do the maths =P (ya see what i did there )

This thread is ridiculous, just because Dana White says that a doctor has said that Brock Lesnar has been at 60 percent of his capacity does not mean that he has been competing in MMA at EXACTLY 60 percent of his capacity. Anyone who believes so must be stupid or retarded.

First of all, people can exagerate some times, people can estimate sometimes, just because Dana White mention 60 percent it has not to be the exact fact. It is retarded that I even have to explain this.

Second of all, you really think the doctor who said the 60 percent comment to Dana White was thinking about physical strenght and stamina or MMA skills? There is a big difference you know, it is not a weight lifting contest, it is MMA.

And third, how the **** can anybody argue that Brock had 50 percent chance of winning before we knew about his health problems? Says who? Based on what? This is ridiculous.

P.s I have no ****ing clue who would win.

i agree with ak on a lot but

110% would mean that it would be factored out of 200%

so really hes only gonna be fighting at 55%

the longer fedor waits before fighting top level guys (if he ever bothers) the worse the result will be for him

No. Haven't you ever scored 107% on a test, or homework? By doing the bonus questions? Or bonus problems. It didn't automatically mean you get graded out of 200% because you did the extra credit.

Brock will do his homework, work on his submissions while playing UFC Undisputed while he's bedridden recovering, and come back even stronger. He'll absorb so much MMA knowledge while training on Undisputed, he'll be like a sponge. His submission defense will be better than ever. Fedor? Pfft. Goodluck landing a sub on Brock now.

He's going to be so hungry as a fighter and train with a chip on his shoulder like he has something to prove. To everyone and most importantly to himself. Bet he comes back bigger, stronger, and faster than he's ever been.

wouldnt have the extra room to work with oO how'd you figure this out? just becuase he was on the ropes doing arm bars in a ring why would he automaticaly be pressed up against the fence when the outside of a cage is further away than that of a ring.. do the maths =P (ya see what i did there )

I don't know if you've noticed, but most of the time a fight hits the ground, the fighter's are against the cage. Look where Brock finished Mir, right up against the cage. In the Rogers/Fedor fight, when the fight was on the ground, majority of the time, they were up against the cage. Fedor had that armbar locked in, but couldn't extend his body to get the leverage needed to make Rogers tap, strictly because of the cage. As soon as he felt his back hit the cage, he let the armbar go.

from the original post....just because brock at 60% has a 50-50 at beating fedor doesnt mean his chances increased to 90% when he is at full health....

if they fought fedor would clobber brock into a pulp and make brocks face look like hamburger meat

i get what your saying but : rogers aint as dangerous as brock on the ground, if fedor fought brock i doubt he would go for an armbar at all in that position, and would worry about getting out of there.

Is the strikeforce cage the same size as ufc one btw if anyone knows?

Now hear me out' date=' im a huge Fedor fan, ive been a fan of Fedor since day 1, no questions asked. But I can't deny the facts, and the fact of the matter is Brock is the best HW in the world. Unbeknownst to Brock, he was fighting at 60%. At 60%, Brock was given a 50-50 chance of beating Fedor. After surgery, and when he's able to fully recover, he'll be a 100%. That's a 40% increase. Add that to the 50% chance he was given to beat Fedor, he will now have a 90% chance of beating Fedor. So if he were to fight Fedor 10 times, Brock would beat him 9 out of 10 times. Undisputably making him the best HW in the world. Nobody is a favorite to beat Fedor, Brock was right in line at 50-50 with him, it was basically a coin flip. Now that is no longer the case. Brock will be a 9 to 1 favorite when he comes back 100%. I base my statements upon facts backed by evidence, you all just have an undenying love for Fedor which blinds you from the truth.

I'm sorry, but you can't argue with facts.. My facts are backed by highly qualified, well respected Doctors, and Dana White himself, the saviour of MMA. And no I am not on ZUFFA payrole. Just a fan dropping facts and speaking truth. I'm a realist, and numbers don't lie. With this newfound information, and mathematical evaluation, if Fedor wants to be considered the best fighter on the planet, he has to come to the UFC and fight Brock Lesnar to prove it. It's true, you can't argue with mathematics. There's nothing we can do about it. No matter what any of us say. The only person that can do anything about this is Fedor. If he wants to reclaim his title, he needs to come to the UFC and beat Brock. If not, Brock will continue to be considered the best fighter on the planet, and the #1 HW in the world, until Fedor decides he wants to man up and prove he deserves the right to sit on that throne.

And don't try to come in here and tell me, "No way! Fedor is #1! He's the best fighter in the world! Kevin Randleman jack-knife powerbombed him right on his neck and came back to submit him 30 seconds later! Nobody else could do that! That's how I know Fedor is the best fighter in the world and the #1 HW!"

Just stop. I'm getting tired of hearing that excuse as why Fedor is the best fighter in the world. Brock Lesnar landed on his neck with much more force back in WWE, when he jumped off the top ropes, did a gainer, and landed right on his neck. This was back when he weighed 350+ lbs. He was twice as high as Fedor when he almost broke his neck. He sprung off the top rope, did a gainer, a kind of forward moving backflip, so the momentum generated was immense, then got brought to a dead stop when he landed on his neck. So he leaped forward, did a gainer going with the motion of the direction he jumped, which magnified the impact on his neck. Just go watch it on youtube you'll see what I'm talking about. So don't try to come on here talking about Fedor getting dropped on his head is proof of why he's the best in the world, because that was nothing compared to when Brock landed on his neck. Anyway, his career should've been over, they said he never should've been able to walk again, let alone compete, yet he kept on competing. Retired from WWE, competed for a spot on the Minnesota Vikings, was recorded running a 4.6 40 at tryouts, and missed the roster by 1 spot. Then went on to compete in MMA, becoming UFC HW champion, and is arguably regarded as having the best first 5 fight resume in MMA history, and all of the fights he won, he won in dominating fashion, heck he even lost in dominating fashion. Made a rookie mistake to a former UFC HW champion, you can't knock him for that.

So don't question Brock's heart and his capabilities, nor his ability to beat Fedor. If Brock could overcome all that, sickness and surgery, he can overcome Fedor with ease, no problem.. In comparison, Fedor is a day at the office, a walk in the park, a piece of cake to Brock. Need I remind you, he had a 50-50 chance of beating Fedor at 60%, at 100%, it's no contest. Which is why it's no contest as to who's the best fighter on the planet and the #1 HW in the world. Your UFC HW champion Brock Lesnar. Now finally we have some closure. The only question mark was on the UFC's HW division. But thanks to my calculations I have settled the debate.

BJ Penn - #1 ranked LW in the world.

GSP - #1 ranked WW in the world.

Anderson Silva - #1 ranked MW in the world.

Lyoto Machida - #1 ranked LHW in the world.

Brock Lesnar - #1 ranked HW in the world.

So there you have it folks. Finally, I have answered the biggest question mark in MMA.. Now can we all please put this debate to rest once and for all?[/quote']

load of nonsense thread 1228 wait where have i seen that no. before?

I WAS THE FIRST PERSON TO EVER WATCH AN MMA FIGHT...sigs just saying something doesnt make it true.

brock has fought a good level of competition for so early in his career' date=' fedor hasnt had a signifcant win against a great fighter since 2004.

on current form i think brock would beat fedor, but to me fedor is only fighting as good as the competition hes facing, thats why im dissapointed he wont come to the ufc, all thats left for him are ufc rejects at strike force, so i cant take him seriously as a current top 3 HW in the world, you can only live off past glory for so long[/quote']

Can we please stop this nonsense? You really believe Fedor hasn't fought proper competition in 5 years? Let's see, he fought Cro Cop (yes, the PRIDE Cro Cop), he beat Coleman (he's old, but he's a tough as hell wrestler), Tim Sylvia when he was considered top 5, Andrei when he was considered top 5 and on a 5 win streak against tough guys, an unbeaten up and comer in Brett Rodgers considered top 10, Mark Hunt ( yes he has lots of loses, all to top 5 guys in their divisions, and he's a huge guy with tons of power), Matt Lindland (again tough tough guy, top 5 at the time IMO), AND on top of that he's even beat some freaks in 400 pound Martins, and 400 pound, 7 foot whatever Hong Man Choi.

Don't try to take away from any of those wins, there aren't many fighters who could fight all those guys consecutive and beat them all in dominant fashion. He has fought every type of fight available, smaller, bigger, freaks, wrestlers, BJJ guys, great strikers, and he has found a way to beat them all. And let's not forget about his fights prior to 2004 when he beat Nog twice, Arona, Semmy, Sobral, Randleman.

And the fact he has competed and won in Sambo countless times. The guy is a beast, a legend, honorable, respectful, talented, kind... What more do you want in a fighter?

Can't believe people still try to discredit him... also for those of you on here who can't detect sarcasm, Arkane Knight isn't 100 percent serious about this thread, no doubt.

AK, what a long winded waste of thread space this is. you sit and talk about calculations and facts yet you provide nothing but your opinion...your a joke. based on my calculations i am a 20-1 favorite to tko you via soccer kicks to the head. ..but thats just based on "my calculations."