Sign in to follow this  
TheHorror

Randy Couture

I love the guy. No doubt he is a legend, but he shouldn't be the main event on every card he fights on. It's stupid. His fight with Coleman is going to be a snoozefest. The fight isn't nearly as exciting as any of the other fights at 109. He's losing his superman persona with a lot of people and I think if Dana would just put him as even the co-main event rather than the main event for once he may not lose that persona, especially if it's not exactly a highly anticipated fight. I love watching him fight (other than the Vera fight) but right now he shouldn't be the main event

Randy Duane Couture (born June 22, 1963) is an American mixed martial artist, Greco-Roman wrestler, actor, a three-time former heavyweight champion and a two-time light-heavyweight champion of the Ultimate Fighting Championship. Couture is one of only two UFC fighters to have held a championship title in two different divisions (heavyweight and light heavyweight; B.J. Penn, with his titles at welterweight and lightweight, is the other) in the Ultimate Fighting Championship, as well as the only five-time champion in UFC history. Couture has competed in 15 title fights, a record. Couture is a member of the UFC Hall of Fame and many consider him to be the most popular fighter in MMA history.[3] Randy is also the oldest man to win a fight in the UFC being 46 years old.

Randy Duane Couture (born June 22' date=' 1963) is an American mixed martial artist, Greco-Roman wrestler, actor, a three-time former heavyweight champion and a two-time light-heavyweight champion of the Ultimate Fighting Championship. Couture is one of only two UFC fighters to have held a championship title in two different divisions (heavyweight and light heavyweight; B.J. Penn, with his titles at welterweight and lightweight, is the other) in the Ultimate Fighting Championship, as well as the only five-time champion in UFC history. Couture has competed in 15 title fights, a record. Couture is a member of the UFC Hall of Fame and many consider him to be the most popular fighter in MMA history.[3'] Randy is also the oldest man to win a fight in the UFC being 46 years old.

He's also getting close to tying Tank Abbott's record for the most loses in the UFC. Tank has 10, Randy has 7, Ken Shamrock only has 6. Let's hope he can take care of business here in the twilight of his career. I'd like to see him retire gracefully, like Bas Rutten.

He's also getting close to tying Tank Abbott's record for the most loses in the UFC. Tank has 10' date=' Randy has 7, Ken Shamrock only has 6. Let's hope he can take care of business here in the twilight of his career. I'd like to see him retire gracefully, like Bas Rutten.[/quote']

But look at his wins. Tank Abbott certainly hasn't fought for, or held the titles that Randy Couture has. You have to compare the level of competition that these guys have fought at.

Like it or not his is the most widely recognized name in MMA, not only to MMA fans but the common man who has never seen a UFC event. His name brings huge numbers and he is responsible for the introduction of thousands of new fans to the sport.

While career wise he may not be a main eventer anymore he will always be the headliner when he fights.

randy is a legend but sooooooooo boring

One tactical fight does not a boring fighter make!

The greatest thing to me and many long time fans of the Natural is his ability to adapt what he does to best fit his opponent.

Randy/Sylvia was not boring, nor were his fights with Gonzaga, Nog, Chuck, Tito, Belfort, or even Lesnar.

He did the best tactical thing to negate Vera's Muay Thai and Jiu jitsu, and it worked. Which only points out his true fighting intellect is light years beyond most in this sport. As much as it pains me to say it due to my personal disdain for the little Frenchy, GSP is the only other fighter to have displayed this intelligence to me,

Randy's fight with Vera was uneventful to say the least, but his fight before that is one of the best fights I have ever seen. Randy Couture vs Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira was just an incredible fight that I don't think I will ever forget.

Randy may be getting older, but he can still put on a good show.

Randy is the Brett Farve of MMA. Despite his legendary status, he is always going to have detractors when he comes back: but he always finds a way to earn those opportunities.

And like Brett, the fans are going to keep paying to see him as long as wants to keep fighting.

randy is a legend but sooooooooo boring

Apparently you haven't seen the Couture vs. Noguiera fight. He knew he wouldn't be able to stand against Vera, so he won by controlling almost the entire fight by clinch.

He has been a part of some of the most entertaining fights in history, so leave!

Couture vs. Noguiera was likely fight of the year.