Sign in to follow this  
fedorrule

aoki v bj, who will win?

To be honest bj has only cleaned his division in the ufc. all other top fighter are not in the ufc.i personnaly think aoki with his sick submission skils can beat bj, not only him ,kawajiri is another top athlete and can beat bj penn.until bj beat kawajiri , aoki and hensen you cant consider him the best , however i respect him as a exceptional athelte.

To be honest bj has only cleaned his division in the ufc. all other top fighter are not in the ufc.i personnaly think aoki with his sick submission skils can beat bj' date=' not only him ,kawajiri is another top athlete and can beat bj penn.until bj beat kawajiri , aoki and hensen you cant consider him the best , however i respect him as a exceptional athelte.[/quote']

Aoki doesn't have the stand up. BJ has great takedown defense and it only gets better when he doesn't have to worry about getting knocked out. Aoki is an incredible technician and no doubt anything is possible, but there is no way I could say he is favored in this fight.

I would love to see all three of these guys fight BJ along with Eddie Alvarez.

What about Brian Bowles or some other 135/145-pounders if they bulked up?

Bowles should stay where he is, suits him better. Upon further thought unless Dream sends Godzilla himself I don't think they have a chance at Penn/

Bowles should stay where he is' date=' suits him better. Upon further thought unless Dream sends Godzilla himself I don't think they have a chance at Penn/[/quote']

I dont think Godzilla could make 155

Aoki has some sick BJJ skills, but BJ has aswell, hes a ****ing world champion, and ontop of that hes a ****ing monster with his hands, and Aoki lacks alot of standup skills and techniques

BJ Penn will go down in history as one of the great's no one at LW could come close to beating him and few in any div could beat him. I don't think a lot of you understand just how skilled BJ is...

Penn would brutalize Aoki. Aoki has jits, but thats it. his striking is horrible and he is afraid to get hit. Penn is a perfect style to beat Aoki. Penn is hard to get and keep down, his striking is great, has power and speed as well... and he is fantastic on the ground as well.

i think Alvarez or Kawajiri would give Penn as better test.

dont be stupid' date=' aoki is better on the ground, bj is better standing up. therefore, aoki[/quote']

oh my god I cant believe you said that. You sir have no clue what your talking about

Penn would brutalize Aoki. Aoki has jits' date=' but thats it. his striking is horrible and he is afraid to get hit. Penn is a perfect style to beat Aoki. Penn is hard to get and keep down, his striking is great, has power and speed as well... and he is fantastic on the ground as well.

i think Alvarez or Kawajiri would give Penn as better test.[/quote']

This.

I?m amazed that people actually start threads like these..

If you knew just little bit about BJ Penn and what he?s capable of you wouldn?t even think of startin a thread like this.

BJ would demolish him. He has far superior stand-up, and survived several takedown attempts from GSP in the first round of their fight. He's also one of the best BJJ practitioners in MMA and would be extremely hard to submit.

In my opinion, the only way anyone is gonna beat BJ at LW is by decision. I don't think there's anyone with the strength to knock him out, and no one with strong enough BJJ to submit him. After watching the Diego and Kenflo fight, I have no doubt that there's no one in the world who can beat BJ at 155. In my opinion, those two guys are head and shoulders above the rest of the UFC LW division, and BJ ripped them both apart.

I would really really love to see this fight, but lets be realistic, Aoki has the worst possible style to challenge Penn. BJ is virtually impossible to get to the ground when he doesn't want to be there, and honestly, even if it goes to the ground BJ's JJ is SOOOOO good, he has the capability of submitting Aoki, the battle isn't won for Shinya just because he scores a takedown. I think he could be the #2-3 guy in the UFC pretty solidly though. I'd REALLY love to see Aoki vs Florian, Sanchez, Maynard, Daddy, Edgar, Griffin. There's so many good fights for Shinya in the UFC, I wish he'd come over.

I would really really love to see this fight' date=' but lets be realistic, Aoki has the worst possible style to challenge Penn. BJ is virtually impossible to get to the ground when he doesn't want to be there, and honestly, even if it goes to the ground BJ's JJ is SOOOOO good, he has the capability of submitting Aoki, the battle isn't won for Shinya just because he scores a takedown. I think he could be the #2-3 guy in the UFC pretty solidly though. I'd REALLY love to see Aoki vs Florian, Sanchez, Maynard, Daddy, Edgar, Griffin. There's so many good fights for Shinya in the UFC, I wish he'd come over.[/quote']

It would be an awesome fight if they could get together in a strictly BJJ fight.

As many others have said, BJ wins this fight by standing and making Aoki's face hurt. On the ground i think they cancel each other out with their world class jits. Aoki will get ktfo however, long before it touches the ground.

dont be stupid' date=' aoki is better on the ground, bj is better standing up. therefore, aoki[/quote']

I honestly think he was joking when he said this.

That being said the big difference between Dana/UFC and the rest of these top flight promotions is that the UFC/Dana is not shielding anyone from BJ Penn. The UFC would gladly sign anyone who was a legitimate challenge to BJ Penn (if they were truely outspoken about it), so yes he can be considered to be the best in the world. Hence this thread should have used the conditional word "would" instead of "will" because it's highly unlikely to happen.

I am an Aoki fan...i shall tell you...BJ would win in the stand up but if Aoki managed to get a hold of a submission he would be able to transistion about 4 times(easily) before submitting BJ.