Sign in to follow this  
ArcaneKnight

Lyoto Machida VS. Mauricio Rua

I dont think Machida is Over rated. He is a hell of a fighter' date=' and will still confuse the hell out of those who he'll have to fight to get any where near contention again.

But with that said, HELL YEAH SHOGUN. He killed it.[/quote']

Machid WAS over rated by a lot of people actually. A lot of people thought he was unbeatable, including Machida himself. That is the definition of being over rated.

We all know Shogun isn't going to come into this fight with a new gameplan. His gameplan is to trick Machida into thinking he has a new strategy.. But he doesn't. He's going to come in with his Houston Alexander backpedal and kick all fight gameplan. He is afraid to be the aggressor' date=' because he knows Machida will pick his **** apart. So instead of allowing Machida to make him look like a complete amateur, he made Machida become the aggressor and still lost the fight. Shogun isn't bringing anything to the fight we haven't already seen. His skills and potential have completely maxed out.

Machida on the other hand though, is one of the most up-to-date, state of the art super fighters in the business. He can adapt and take multiple different approaches to this fight. I'm sure he has a plan A, B, C, D, and E plan.. If fights were 26 rounds he'd have plan Z too. Good thing he'll only need plan A to finish Shogun this time though. Machida can adapt, during the fight, between rounds, it doesn't matter Machida is a new age super fighter. Shogun has one plan and he already exposed it. I actually gave Shogun too much credit the first time around, I thought he'd have more to offer Machida than just leg kicks, but I guess I was wrong, the dude is simply basic.

Let's face facts.. Shogun is a 2nd rate fighter who was a champion in a 2nd rate org, which is why he will never become champion in the most premier MMA organization in the world. Shogun is an outdated fighter. Shogun is VHS and Machida is Blu-ray. Shogun is the Wright Brother's plane and Machida is a F-22 Raptor. One is a piece of shhh and the other is the most advanced fighter jet in the world.

In reality, Shogun is just a slightly better version of Wanderlei Silva. Shogun has been figured out. It's like playing against some scrub in Street Fighter 2 at the arcades back in the day, where all they do is press one button. Sure they might have beat you with it the first time you played them, but once you figured out their game, it was over, they'd get slaughtered from then on out. Shogun basically pressed one button the entire fight, all he did was tap low kick for 5 rounds straight. I don't know if it gets much more basic than that. You could say Shogun is a friggin OG Nintendo controller, and all he has is A and B to execute attack moves, Machida is a damn XBOX 360 controller and each button, bumper, trigger and joystick signify what he has in his arsenal. Imagine Shogun on a 360 controller, you'd be binding the same move to 5 different buttons, and wondering WTF you need all those buttons for.

That's what I'm trying to get through your alls heads.. Shogun is one dimensional.. His one button spamming didn't work for him the first time, now he's really done, he's got nothing left. His 2nd rate org Pride tactics won't work in the big leagues, especially not against a fighter of Machida's caliber. That slop might fly over there in Japan, and you might get away with it there, but don't bring that ish to the big time. So don't front like you've been working "on a new gameplan" because we know the only thing you've been working on is your leg kicks, you aren't switching up shht. You aren't capable of switching it up, your new gameplan is you hope there are different judges than from the first fight, so maybe they might think your leg kick gameplan was good enough to win you the fight. It's all you got going for you kid.[/quote']

i love it when people have to eat their words...especially this arrogant prick.

I don't think that Shogun has they style to beat some of the top guys he's going to face. He just doesn't stand out enough over the rest of the competition for me to see him not losing for a long time. Great night of fights tho.

I don't think that Shogun has they style to beat some of the top guys he's going to face. He just doesn't stand out enough over the rest of the competition for me to see him not losing for a long time. Great night of fights tho.

He just knocked out the guy at the top. What are you smoking? lol

He just knocked out the guy at the top. What are you smoking? lol

Styles makes fights, and Shogun had the style to beat Machida, But I can see Rashad (even tho I hate Rashad) has a decent stand up but mostly could take down shogun and do what he did to Silva. Shogun also lost to Griffen and Forest, Took him three rounds to beat Coleman, (who was washed up at the time). I also see Couture able to figure him out. Shogun is a great fighter, but I just don't see him holding the belt that long. Alot of good fighters who have the style to take that belt. Every style has a counter and every move has a defence. MMA can be very rock paper scissors and the LHW has always had many diverse fighters. I'm just saying, good on Shogun but it probably won't last that long. Such strong competition in the UFC and he's no Anderson, or GSP

we all know shogun isn't going to come into this fight with a new gameplan. His gameplan is to trick machida into thinking he has a new strategy.. But he doesn't. He's going to come in with his houston alexander backpedal and kick all fight gameplan. He is afraid to be the aggressor' date=' because he knows machida will pick his **** apart. So instead of allowing machida to make him look like a complete amateur, he made machida become the aggressor and still lost the fight. Shogun isn't bringing anything to the fight we haven't already seen. His skills and potential have completely maxed out.

Machida on the other hand though, is one of the most up-to-date, state of the art super fighters in the business. He can adapt and take multiple different approaches to this fight. I'm sure he has a plan a, b, c, d, and e plan.. If fights were 26 rounds he'd have plan z too. Good thing he'll only need plan a to finish shogun this time though. Machida can adapt, during the fight, between rounds, it doesn't matter machida is a new age super fighter. Shogun has one plan and he already exposed it. I actually gave shogun too much credit the first time around, i thought he'd have more to offer machida than just leg kicks, but i guess i was wrong, the dude is simply basic.

Let's face facts.. Shogun is a 2nd rate fighter who was a champion in a 2nd rate org, which is why he will never become champion in the most premier mma organization in the world. Shogun is an outdated fighter. Shogun is vhs and machida is blu-ray. Shogun is the wright brother's plane and machida is a f-22 raptor. One is a piece of shhh and the other is the most advanced fighter jet in the world.

In reality, shogun is just a slightly better version of wanderlei silva. Shogun has been figured out. It's like playing against some scrub in street fighter 2 at the arcades back in the day, where all they do is press one button. Sure they might have beat you with it the first time you played them, but once you figured out their game, it was over, they'd get slaughtered from then on out. Shogun basically pressed one button the entire fight, all he did was tap low kick for 5 rounds straight. I don't know if it gets much more basic than that. You could say shogun is a friggin og nintendo controller, and all he has is a and b to execute attack moves, machida is a damn xbox 360 controller and each button, bumper, trigger and joystick signify what he has in his arsenal. Imagine shogun on a 360 controller, you'd be binding the same move to 5 different buttons, and wondering wtf you need all those buttons for.

That's what i'm trying to get through your alls heads.. Shogun is one dimensional.. His one button spamming didn't work for him the first time, now he's really done, he's got nothing left. His 2nd rate org pride tactics won't work in the big leagues, especially not against a fighter of machida's caliber. That slop might fly over there in japan, and you might get away with it there, but don't bring that ish to the big time. So don't front like you've been working "on a new gameplan" because we know the only thing you've been working on is your leg kicks, you aren't switching up shht. You aren't capable of switching it up, your new gameplan is you hope there are different judges than from the first fight, so maybe they might think your leg kick gameplan was good enough to win you the fight. It's all you got going for you kid.[/quote']

I love it when morons like ArcaneKnight and other Ed Soreass n'hugging fanatic's of Blackhouse look like total idiots and have to eat a sh*t ton of crow for all the absolute garbage that comes out of their manloving mouths......really brightens my day.

Styles makes fights' date=' and Shogun had the style to beat Machida, But I can see Rashad (even tho I hate Rashad) has a decent stand up but mostly could take down shogun and do what he did to Silva. Shogun also lost to Griffen and Forest, Took him three rounds to beat Coleman, (who was washed up at the time). I also see Couture able to figure him out. Shogun is a great fighter, but I just don't see him holding the belt that long. Alot of good fighters who have the style to take that belt. Every style has a counter and every move has a defence. MMA can be very rock paper scissors and the LHW has always had many diverse fighters. I'm just saying, good on Shogun but it probably won't last that long. Such strong competition in the UFC and he's no Anderson, or GSP[/quote']

You do know that Shogun had a career before the UFC right?? He's already beat good wrestlers. Shogun lost to Griffen and Forest? You mean Forest Griffen, only one guy. Trust me, that wasn't the same Shogun who fought Coleman or Forrest. He had two knee surgeries and couldn't train for a long time. Shogun would destroy Griffen now, it wouldn't even be a challenge for him. You have no idea what you're talking about, Shogun could easily whoop anyone in the LHW division right now.

Have you guys seen AK's new avatar? Now what's up with that? Is he jumping off the Machida bandwagon? LOL

Next thing we'll know AK's rooting for Rua

He has always been a Rua fan

Sorry guys, been looking at old threads, I just had to bump this back up lol. I wonder if ak still got it?

O and bones doesnt stand a chance with shogun. The kids just not ready, u guys 4 get what Mauricio did to lyoto so quickly, time 4 rua to end another hype train and remind y'all that he's still here and aint going anywhere.

Sorry guys' date=' been looking at old threads, I just had to bump this back up lol. I wonder if ak still got it?

O and bones doesnt stand a chance with shogun. The kids just not ready, u guys 4 get what Mauricio did to lyoto so quickly, time 4 rua to end another hype train and remind y'all that he's still here and aint going anywhere.[/quote']

I LoL'd at the first line. I am doing the same thing.

The second paragraph made me LoL harder, as Bone demolished Shogone. :D

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that Machida wins the next one.

He's a smart fighter and a lot healthier than shogun. Not going to count out shogun though.