Sign in to follow this  
lethalQ

go watch boxing you "lay and pray haters"

dont care mate.

he didnt care when he obv was trying to get leben to flip on tuf 1 so he got kicked of the show an would of ended his career. leben was in a fragile state you dont say that to someone' date=' the dudes got no respect for anyone people like him are scum then he cheats every chance he gets. he is no better than dog sh!!t

he got daley threw out of the ufc aswell..

i would love it if gsp broke kos leg an it ended his career i would be on here laughing my **** off ha ha

kos=cheating scumbag

karma will get him one day.....[/quote']

I agree that Kos is a definate tool. But, Daley got himself kicked out of the UFC. That was a ***** move. And how do you sucker punch somebody and not ko them. Thought he was a puncher.

BOXING is 2 men hugging for 45 mins

lay n pary is becoming and increasing problem tho in mma' date=' i think your ignorant if your just goin to ignore the fact its spoiling fights and before you start yes i know its mma but ther has to be a line were the fight can stop being spoiled. [b']daley hardy never had one mark on them after 15 minutes with the ww champ an the no1 contender [/b]come on man even the hardened of mma wrestling lovers must want some ground an pound or sum bjj or something.

lay n pary will eventually kill mma

Yes, but GSP nor Kos had any marks on them either which means that Daley and Hardy were just being defensive and trying not to get finished. I mean Hardy threw one strike the whole fight FFS!! Why do we keep going over the same issue?? King Mo is your so called "lay n pray". GSP is always improving position and looking for subs. Kos not so much but at least he was somewhat busy. And as someone said already, you cant see visible damage from sub attempts.

and gsp an kos all they had was lay n pray........ which is enough these days with ufc rules to rat a win. shame should be about two guys fighting full on not looking for the easiest way out but i can see why they do it. its a business at the end of the day an they need to feed there families.

i just havent got any respect for kos or gsp as fighters to me there lay n prayers always will be till they show me diffrent.

what ever happened to gsp from 2006-2008?????

first of all if you dont have respect for gsp i dont know why you even watch mma. he is the greatest fighter he has stand up he just doesnt have to use it. He got caught standing with serra so why put yourself in harms way?? same with rashad if their opponents dont have take down defense thats their own problem for taking a fight with the best wrestler in mma. GSP has stand up he just doesn't need to use it.

init why is that so hard to understand ........

we just want excitement not sitting on people doing nothing so dont try to justify kos an gsp as exciting because they went for 2 - 3 subs in 3 rounds

get a grip.....

Omg, that is the stupid. Why are we erguing with these fools? "Exciting" is competely subjective. This argument will never end...

BOXING is 2 men hugging for 45 mins

lay n pary is becoming and increasing problem tho in mma' date=' i think your ignorant if your just goin to ignore the fact its spoiling fights and before you start yes i know its mma but ther has to be a line were the fight can stop being spoiled. daley hardy never had one mark on them after 15 minutes with the ww champ an the no1 contender come on man even the hardened of mma wrestling lovers must want some ground an pound or sum bjj or something.

lay n pary will eventually kill mma[/quote']

your wasting ur time mate the yanks love lay n pray

You guys are so damn stupid and correlate people thinking GSP and Fitch are boring means they dont like the ground game JESUS CHRIST IT IS ANNOYING!!!!!!!!

Ortiz a fan favorite to watch what was his hole gameplan??????? GNP!!! yet nobody complained Couture GNP and dirty boxing still a fan fav Big Nog a fan favorite yet he finishes fights most the time by submission why does nobody think they are boring? It is prob because unlike GSP(lately) and Fitch always they are active on the ground and its exciting. GSP and Fitch are definiatly boring I say instead of you guys saying "watch boxing" I say you guys go watch your local high schools wrestling team if you like the LNP so damn much.

i really dont understand why people cant just enjoy both sports?...

...i do

x

I also do and I dont think complaining about GSP or Fitch being boring should mean you dont like MMA thats all I am trying to get at.

I generally agree with meltrobe.

I think it will be good to see what happens when british fighters like Daley and Hardy can't be held down...

GSP and Kos dont LNP' date=' Fitch does.[/quote']

fitch doesnt do lay 'n' pray...

...he does hug 'n' tug

there is a difference, but only a subtle one

x

Just cuz i dont like 1 aspect of a sport doesnt mean i should change sports all together... That is like me being an NHL fan... But saying i dont like oh Jersey plays the Trap... So i should probably just go ahead and watch beach Volleyball...

Just because i dont like a fight style done by only a small portion of the UFC doesnt mean all together i should pack up and watch another sport...

That lacks any total sense at all. I still watch hoping for exciting fights, or hoping maybe a guy like GSp might want to build his legacy like he always says... Or maybe fitch will release no one wants to give him a title shot with 8 consecutive decision victories in a row... why do u think Kos / Daley was for number 1 contender.

Why do you think GSP was given a Dud in Hardy ( NO GROUND GAME )

Dana tried to throw him a lame duck and hope to the love of GOD gsp could finish him...... well yeah

Now there is no other option but to slap GSP onto TUF to keep his nut huggers happy.

Good news, NO MORE GSP till december ( after the TUF season ).

Lame Duck in Hardy... And another Year layoff... That will mean basically 1 fight a year for GSP... after his fight with Thiago, he got like 10 months off, got a lame duck... and now gets another 10 months off.

dana doesnt want his poster boy looking lame and boring people out of the sport so yeah... He also didnt give fitch a shot either.

and gsp an kos all they had was lay n pray........ which is enough these days with ufc rules to rat a win. shame should be about two guys fighting full on not looking for the easiest way out but i can see why they do it. its a business at the end of the day an they need to feed there families.

i just havent got any respect for kos or gsp as fighters to me there lay n prayers always will be till they show me diffrent.

what ever happened to gsp from 2006-2008?????

LOL what a surprise, the British guy suddenly doesn't like the 2 guys who took out the top 2 British fighters.

if you hate the ground game and claim fighters like gsp' date=' finch, and kos are just lay and pray fighters cause they had a few fights go the distance, go watch boxing. the ground game is the base of what got the ufc started. too many people have short attention spans and expect every fight to be a high light reel. well the fact is there are more good fights in the ufc than bad ones. gsp finch and kos have other wins besides the decisions. another point is the other fighter must be crap if he cant get up if he is being "layed and prayed" on. how you win a fight is exploit the other fighters weakness. so get off your lay and pray soap boxes and realize the ground game is a big part of the ufc and if you dont like it go watch boxing cause that is sooooo exciting.[/quote']

The only non lay and pray fight Fitch has is his LOSS to GSP. He sucks and needs to be cut. Kos is the same way. They both suck nuts and need to have their fights stood up after 30 seconds of man love from now on.

GSP went for subs the whole time and through strikes....

Kos went for Subs to in their fight.

I would say i am a GSP fan, but i call bull **** on that. He went for 2 subs in 5 rounds. Its an especially lame **** excuse because he got every sub he tried for in. He could very easily have done a hell of a lot more to finish that fight.

Oh and NO, Kos did not. He layed and prayed and talked **** the whole fight. He didnt throw any GnP, he didnt try for a single sub, nothing. That was a ******** hug fest from Kos.

K

go watch college wrestling you striking hater.

I enjoy a good ground match but if I just want to see techniques & advancements I will go to a jiu-jitsu tournament, there are wrestlers who go hard on the ground, nobody will ever call Tito or Randy lay n prayers. People get upset because they literally lay there very stubbornly usually working for a kimura. It's an easy way to win if your a wrestler & doesn't show much well roundedness other than wrestling & a solid base. MMA is a collective of all martial arts so why should be subjected to jiu-jitsu?

A good fight with takedowns and scrambles and reversals can be very exicting.Just like a fight with three rounds of 2 smalls guys jabbing each other can be boring.The fight with kos taking daley down for 3 rounds and not being dangerous was boring.But the fight with stephens and stout was awesome.Why because there was danger at every turn.Most actual fans can predict when a fight is gonna be a snoozefest,and u can feel the excitement when yer watching a fight that could finish any which way.

I would say i am a GSP fan' date=' but i call bull **** on that. He went for 2 subs in 5 rounds. Its an especially lame **** excuse because he got every sub he tried for in. He could very easily have done a hell of a lot more to finish that fight.

Oh and NO, Kos did not. He layed and prayed and talked **** the whole fight. He didnt throw any GnP, he didnt try for a single sub, nothing. That was a ******** hug fest from Kos.[/quote']

you seem to be the average causal fan who probably never paid for one ppv. not all fights are going to be highlight reels of ko's and broken bones. there are more good fights than bad ones so you have to accept that. kos and finch both have twelve wins in the octagon. if they suck so bad why dont the people they fight get up? there are ways to prevent from being held down and controlled but if their opponent allows it that is their fault. kos got his much deserved title shot and i bet finch is next.

lay and pray is not the same as ground and pound. It's a fight, if you want to drag a guy down to the ground to handle your business there... then atleast start to punch him, you know what I mean?

It's a FIGHT, not a wrestling match, even though you have the dominant positions if your not hitting him then you shouldn't get points for it.

We should seriously implement a yellow card rule or something.

lay and pray is not the same as ground and pound. It's a fight' date=' if you want to drag a guy down to the ground to handle your business there... then atleast start to punch him, you know what I mean?

It's a FIGHT, not a wrestling match, even though you have the dominant positions if your not hitting him then you shouldn't get points for it.

We should seriously implement a yellow card rule or something.[/quote']

its mma which includes wrestling. every one is blaming the fighters for how they win. they need to blame the refs for not standing them up. people are jumping on the lay and pray bandwagon and i hope that wagon goes out of town to the boxing and k1. if you cant handle watching one 15 min wrestling match every now and then go watch something else.

you seem to be the average causal fan who probably never paid for one ppv. not all fights are going to be highlight reels of ko's and broken bones. there are more good fights than bad ones so you have to accept that. kos and finch both have twelve wins in the octagon. if they suck so bad why dont the people they fight get up? there are ways to prevent from being held down and controlled but if their opponent allows it that is their fault. kos got his much deserved title shot and i bet finch is next.

Actually fool i have bought all the pay per views for years now, have been watching regularly for at least 5 years and actually go to gyms to train as a hobby.

The people those two lame **** lay and prayers take down dont get up because the rules right now protect wrestlers. Legalize small digit manipulation and watch that lay and pray **** vanish over night. Legalize elbows to the top of the head and 12 - 6 elbows and watch some lame **** wrestlers get KTFO from the bottom like before. You never saw this crap because the rules didnt protect them from the downsides of wrestling before. Now it does and its B.S.

No one expects EVERY FIGHT to be a K.O. reel ******* so you can GTFO with that strawman.

What we expect is a little god damn effort. No one complains about Sotiropulous ground game because he is active and tries, no one complains about Marquarts ground game because he takes the other guy down and finishes him, no one complained about Titos ground game because he F'ing DID SOMETHING WITH THE TAKE DOWN. Just like no one serious is complaining about Brocks ground game or Nelsons or Cains. Because they ALL F***** DO SOMETHING AFTER THE TAKE DOWN.

People complain about Kos and Fitch because they are lame **** boring *****es who just take the other guy down and lay there instead of trying because they are afraid to get hit.

So rather then running your idiot mouth in defense of lay and prayers why dont you go watch some NCAA wrestling? Its on cable sports channels all the time, you can go get your gay P O R N fix there.

I completely 100% agree with the guy who started this thread. However, this is a multinational corporation in which there is the inherent capitalistic profit motive, and most people have an attention span of about 2 and half minutes, so there are always going to be standups.

People will pay to see a UD in boxing to the tune of a prize fighter like Mayweather making $25mil.

No one in MMA is going to make that in 1 fight and being known for their ability to win by a large margin.

As individual sports boxing is more popular than both wrestling styles combined. Yes wrestling is dominant in MMA, but you're not going to find enough people that like just that to increase the fan base of a company like the UFC.

People don't pay to see single/double leg takedowns.