Sign in to follow this  
ArcaneKnight

I'm Sorry but Shogun Would get DESTROYED by Any Decent Wrestler..

Why don't you like Shogun' date=' brother! He's such a respectable guy, with talent, man! He's got more class than perhaps any other fighter. I don't get it.[/quote']

I respect Shogun.. I think he is a great champ and a good ambassador of the sport.

I just think fans are holding him up way too high and I feel like it's my duty to prep them up for the inevitable. A strong wrestler is going to give Shogun nightmares.. It's all about styles and match ups, and stylistically.. Shogun doesn't match up well with strong wrestlers.

Not only that.. But quite frankly. I just like messing with the fans of the biggest fighter at the time.. Shogun just happens to be that guy.

I don't like Shogun. I lost all respect for him. He disrespected Machida's striking. If you want to prove you're better than Machida' date=' you beat him by outpointing him.[/b'] Something he couldn't do their first fight. He had no respect for Machida's striking in the 2nd fight, which is why I have no more respect for Shogun.

Shogun threw that haymaker with his eyes closed like he was scared and just happened to hit the jackpot. He not only disrespected my fighter, but he disrespected me in the process. It's personal now and I will be celebrating like the 4th of July when Rampage knocks his **** out. I'll have firecrackers ready to set off as soon as it happens too.

hahahahahahahahaha, that's is just lame. Nobody can beat Shogun atm. He will KTFO anyone who challenges for his title, Just like he did to that piss drinker.

Anyone who seen the second fight knows Machida was sh**ing himself..

all i read was the title 100%. wait. 150% correct/ Shogun is a great technical stand up fighter but him vs GSP or even tito i think would beat him. SOrry to say that guys but its true. Tito would run through his ****. SHOGUN is no where near p4p best neither is machida and machida never was. its GSP SILVA and FEDOR which i think fedor is a cheat p4p uz he doesn't have really credible opponents until he fights in ufc but this thresad is 100% correct.

I respect Shogun. I think he is a great champ and a good ambassador of the sport.

I just think fans are holding him up way too high and I feel like it's my duty to prep them up for the inevitable. A strong wrestler is going to give Shogun nightmares.. It's all about styles and match ups' date=' and stylistically.. Shogun doesn't match up well with strong wrestlers.

Not only that.. But quite frankly. I just like messing with the fans of the biggest fighter at the time.. Shogun just happens to be that guy.[/quote']

Contradicting yourself now AK, lol

I respect Shogun.. I think he is a great champ and a good ambassador of the sport.

I just think fans are holding him up way too high and I feel like it's my duty to prep them up for the inevitable. A strong wrestler is going to give Shogun nightmares.. It's all about styles and match ups' date=' and stylistically.. Shogun doesn't match up well with strong wrestlers.

Not only that.. But quite frankly. I just like messing with the fans of the biggest fighter at the time.. Shogun just happens to be that guy.[/quote']

Wrestlers should be the least of Shogun's concerns. His biggest concern is the middleweight champion in my opinion.

all i read was the title 100%. wait. 150% correct/ Shogun is a great technical stand up fighter but him vs GSP or even tito i think would beat him. SOrry to say that guys but its true. Tito would run through his ****. SHOGUN is no where near p4p best neither is machida and machida never was. its GSP SILVA and FEDOR which i think fedor is a cheat p4p uz he doesn't have really credible opponents until he fights in ufc but this thresad is 100% correct.

I would love to see Tito work his ****. too bad he wil probably never the chance. I dont give Rua a very good chance against any of the top lhw competition.

Silva will be a good fight for though if Silva will move up and fight him. That should be a good stand up fight. Any wrestler is gonna mangle Rua. Machida has no takedown skil lat all and got him down twice. Rashad has got to be salivating thinking of how easily he could beat Rua.

I Rashad has got to be salivating thinking of how easily he could beat Rua.

Dude you are full of it. Rashad would get smashed by Rua. Rashad has a terrible chin and when he takes Rua down Rua would just stand right up.

say whaaaat? shogun has really good jujitsu did u guys forget that and his only lost twice if u really look at it and injured against forrest thats it.

I agree with this AK.You are very opinionated and bold.It just shows how thick headed the fans really are on these forums though.It sure does create a rise out of them.AK your avatar is hard to swallow.Shogun I feel won't hold that belt for long.It's amazing seeing how many people are coming out and defending Shogun now.Saying he'll never lose.Just cause he has the belt.Then you have people that come in on different names and accounts and post.....(wtf)

say whaaaat? shogun has really good jujitsu did u guys forget that and his only lost twice if u really look at it and injured against forrest thats it.

He has good jiu jitsu,but could easily be dominated on top.I bet if an amazing wrestler was on top just dominating and throwing down elbows.(All I can think of a gsp kind of wrestler).Then I think Shogun would suffer.That's my opinion.

I agree with this AK.You are very opinionated and bold.It just shows how thick headed the fans really are on these forums though.It sure does create a rise out of them.AK your avatar is hard to swallow.Shogun I feel won't hold that belt for long.It's amazing seeing how many people are coming out and defending Shogun now.Saying he'll never lose.Just cause he has the belt.Then you have people that come in on different names and accounts and post.....(wtf)

Agreed. It's almost like they become blind due to their fandom. They like stop thinking logically and won't allow themselves to acknowledge the fact that there are several wrestlers at LHW who could give Shogun fits, and very well beat him.

You all forgot.. This dude came from Pride' date=' he's used to taking on wrestlers in a ring where he has room to maneuver out... Wrestlers are going to eat him alive in the cage.. His takedowns are absolute trash, and his takedown defense is even worse. They'll take him down, pin him up against the cage and pound him out.. Either that, or effortlessly get takedown after takedown and beat on him for 5 rounds to win a decision.. Either way, Shogun doesn't stand a chance with the top wrestlers at LHW..

You all act like Shogun is going to reign at the top of the LHW division for a long time. He'll be lucky to even defend his title one time. Rashad Evans would GSP the sh** out of Shogun.. I'm just going to go ahead and say the winner of Rashad and Rampage will beat Shogun.. Rashad by wrestling toolage, and I actually think Rampage's boxing is more crisp and refined than Shogun's sloppy Muay Thai striking. Unless of course Rampage hasn't learned how to check leg kicks, he takes that fight.

Jon "Bones" Jones would absolutely WRECK Shogun.. I understand Shogun is the flavor of the month, and people always jump on the testes of a fighter that most recently won.. But watch when we find out who the winner of Rashad/Rampage is going to be.. They will all of a sudden become everybodies new favorite fighter, and they'll be calling for him to be the next LHW champ.. I'm not saying Shogun's bad, maybe he just has Machida's number, but styles make fights, and I've been watching this sport since day one. I've followed all of Shogun's fights since the beginning.. I know how vulnerable he is to strong wrestlers, and now he has to take them on in the cage? Forget about it. There is no Shogun Era. I hate to say it but Forrest Griffin would still tool Shogun.

So I don't understand all this hype for Shogun. Shogun's only notable win in the UFC is Machida.. That's it.. GTFO with that Coleman bs.. GTFO with the old, washed up, past his prime Chuck Liddell.. Shogun hasn't done anything to be getting the kind of praise he's getting right now. He ruled a weak 2nd rate organization.. I promise you he will not rule the UFC.[/quote']

Rampage is the next LHW champ.

This is literally the dumbest thing I have ever read. He disrespected Machida because he was done with all the hesitant striking and counterstriking and just went in for the kill? Its called a fight' date=' and you can do whatever the f*ck you want within the rules. Shogun just went for it like he used to back in PRIDE...he was done with all of Machida's p*ssy sh*t.[/quote']

This made me laugh. Nice post!!

Mauricio has been the best 205er in the world since 2004. Wrestlers have not troubled him before. He's well-rounded and still in his prime.

He dominated Jackson before. Evans would probably not be able to handle Rua's striking or clinch either.

Hey aren't you the they guy with the broken calculator? Looks like you've gained weight............must be all that humble pie! If being wrong paid a buck, you'd be a millionaire, AK!

I don't like Shogun. I lost all respect for him. He disrespected Machida's striking. If you want to prove you're better than Machida' date=' you beat him by outpointing him. Something he couldn't do their first fight. He had no respect for Machida's striking in the 2nd fight, which is why I have no more respect for Shogun.

Shogun threw that haymaker with his eyes closed like he was scared and just happened to hit the jackpot. He not only disrespected my fighter, but he disrespected me in the process. It's personal now and I will be celebrating like the 4th of July when Rampage knocks his **** out. I'll have firecrackers ready to set off as soon as it happens too.[/quote']

This is why AK should be inducted into the hall of fame of OPs! :P

Shogun has amazing ground game... He was able to beat BJJ Champion BJ Penn on the ground at LHW' date=' and Shogun literally got right back up when Machida got him to the ground.

Shogun gets the edge against wrestlers.[/quote']

Are you high, BJ is not a LHW, that match should've never happened.

Yeah shogun got right back up when Machida took him down. Is Machida a world-class wrestler? Hell no. The fact that Machida was able to take him down SO EASILY proves right there that Shogun has a major hole in his game with his takedown defense. Standing directly in front of his opponent in his wide open Thai stance, a good wrestler would have no problem getting him to the ground.

Styles make fights kiddo, it's been proven many times

You fail

You guys are really drinking AKs troll kool-aid. I have yet to see a healthy shogun get wrecked or schooled on the ground. His ju jitsu is probably the best if not 1 of the best in the division behind lil nog. Yeah Machida took him down 2wice but what happened? And then what happened after that? Dont sleep on Shoguns ground game, its just as good as his Muay Thai, top and bottom game. If the likes of Mr. Evans or The Natural think there going to win a fight against shogun by being 1 dimentianal and hold him on the ground 4 5 rounds, they got another thing coming. Id love to see more sub. finishes by Mauricio.

You guys are really drinking AKs troll kool-aid. I have yet to see a healthy shogun get wrecked or schooled on the ground. His ju jitsu is probably the best if not 1 of the best in the division behind lil nog. Yeah Machida took him down 2wice but what happened? And then what happened after that? Dont sleep on Shoguns ground game' date=' its just as good as his Muay Thai, top and bottom game. If the likes of Mr. Evans or The Natural think there going to win a fight against shogun by being 1 dimentianal and hold him on the ground 4 5 rounds, they got another thing coming. Id love to see more sub. finishes by Mauricio.[/quote']

Shogun got submitted by Forrest Griffin.. Stop kidding yourself. A strong wrestler with the least bit of submission defense will dominate Shogun on the ground.

Yeah Machida took him down twice and he isn't a wrestler, that's probably why he couldn't hold him down, he doesn't really know how to do it that well. A top notch wrestler could hold him down no problem.

I also can't help but remember how Forrest submitted Shogun, injured or not, if he's that good at BJJ he should know how to defend a rear-naked choke.

Shogun got submitted by Forrest Griffin.. Stop kidding yourself. A strong wrestler with the least bit of submission defense will dominate Shogun on the ground.

No Im sorry AK, I have seen all of shoguns fights and he is way to good and active on the ground to get worked by a wrestler. That Shogun against forrest was easily the worst Shogun Ive every seen fight. Im willing to bet that he wont ever look like that again. And he tore his ACL during that fight with gump, how many fighters would last that long?

Sig bet bro.. One of these kids won a once in a lifetime bet.. Their lucky day. I think I got another month or 2 with it.. But it still doesn't change the fact that a 50 year old Randy Couture would probably even tool Shogun.

hows the sour grapes, AK?

Bro.. Shogun almost got KTFO by a fighter with the striking caliber of Royce Gracie.. A BJJ artist' date=' Lil Nog..[/quote']

HAHAHA so when someone gets ALMOST beat does that mean they lost the fight? Stop being a tool and realize that Shogun is the Champ! He out-fought Machida and I am pretty sure he has beat Lil Nog and Rampage so your argument is about as coherent as Machida after he got KTFO!

You all forgot.. This dude came from Pride' date=' he's used to taking on wrestlers in a ring where he has room to maneuver out... Wrestlers are going to eat him alive in the cage.. His takedowns are absolute trash, and his takedown defense is even worse. They'll take him down, pin him up against the cage and pound him out.. Either that, or effortlessly get takedown after takedown and beat on him for 5 rounds to win a decision.. Either way, Shogun doesn't stand a chance with the top wrestlers at LHW..

You all act like Shogun is going to reign at the top of the LHW division for a long time. He'll be lucky to even defend his title one time. Rashad Evans would GSP the sh** out of Shogun.. I'm just going to go ahead and say the winner of Rashad and Rampage will beat Shogun.. Rashad by wrestling toolage, and I actually think Rampage's boxing is more crisp and refined than Shogun's sloppy Muay Thai striking. Unless of course Rampage hasn't learned how to check leg kicks, he takes that fight.

Jon "Bones" Jones would absolutely WRECK Shogun.. I understand Shogun is the flavor of the month, and people always jump on the testes of a fighter that most recently won.. But watch when we find out who the winner of Rashad/Rampage is going to be.. They will all of a sudden become everybodies new favorite fighter, and they'll be calling for him to be the next LHW champ.. I'm not saying Shogun's bad, maybe he just has Machida's number, but styles make fights, and I've been watching this sport since day one. I've followed all of Shogun's fights since the beginning.. I know how vulnerable he is to strong wrestlers, and now he has to take them on in the cage? Forget about it. There is no Shogun Era. I hate to say it but Forrest Griffin would still tool Shogun.

So I don't understand all this hype for Shogun. Shogun's only notable win in the UFC is Machida.. That's it.. GTFO with that Coleman bs.. GTFO with the old, washed up, past his prime Chuck Liddell.. Shogun hasn't done anything to be getting the kind of praise he's getting right now. He ruled a weak 2nd rate organization.. I promise you he will not rule the UFC.[/quote']

I respect most of your quotes but there was no reason for this one.

You say that. But it doesnt make it true. Never in any of his fights has he shown and BJJ whatsoever.

Now i know he is brazillian. But its not something encoded in the DNA that you get at birth. He has none, never has, and never will. Guy might have picked up a blue belt by osmosis. Thats about it.

He's been in 3 submission endings and he lost 2 of them. to Forest and Babalu. The only one he finished with BJJ was randleman with a kneebar and randleman is pretty much a K-1 guy who is 17-15 and never showed any ground game against anyone at all.

Seriusly guys, you are not born with a BJJ blackbelt just because you happen to be born in brazil. BJJ isnt even even that big there.

Mauricio has been the best 205er in the world since 2004. Wrestlers have not troubled him before. He's well-rounded and still in his prime.

He dominated Jackson before. Evans would probably not be able to handle Rua's striking or clinch either.

You must have missed Coleman kicking his **** and taking him down easily. In 2 different matches. Stupid noob.

Yeah Machida took him down twice and he isn't a wrestler' date=' that's probably why he couldn't hold him down, he doesn't really know how to do it that well. A top notch wrestler could hold him down no problem.

I also can't help but remember how Forrest submitted Shogun, injured or not, if he's that good at BJJ he should know how to defend a rear-naked choke.[/quote']

Exactly, Shogun nutt huggers claim his hurt knee was the reason for that. A bum knee stopped him from defending grappling on the ground HOW exactly?

Your knee has jack **** to do with your ground game. It has no bearing at all on defending a rear naked choke. Its just a lame out cop out for why Forrest finished him.

You say that. But it doesnt make it true. Never in any of his fights has he shown and BJJ whatsoever.

Now i know he is brazillian. But its not something encoded in the DNA that you get at birth. He has none' date=' never has, and never will. Guy might have picked up a blue belt by osmosis. Thats about it.

He's been in 3 submission endings and he lost 2 of them. to Forest and Babalu. The only one he finished with BJJ was randleman with a kneebar and randleman is pretty much a K-1 guy who is 17-15 and never showed any ground game against anyone at all.

Seriusly guys, you are not born with a BJJ blackbelt just because you happen to be born in brazil. BJJ isnt even even that big there.[/quote']

Agreed with everything here except for the Randleman and K-1 part. You may be mistaking him and Michael McDonald who was a K-1 fighter, and had bleached hair for some of his fights just like Randleman. They are both about the same size, and have the same frame, so I can understand the mistake.

Still.. Submitting Randleman is no big feat, it's not something that should even be worth mentioning. I can't believe someone even said Shogun has the best BJJ in the LHW division behind Lil Nog.. That's absolutely absurd. What legitimate submission artists has the Chutebox academy ever produced?

Besides, a good wrestler won't even give him any room to work for any submissions. They'll grind him down with elbows, something fighters didn't have to worry about in Pride.. In Pride, if you weren't active, they'd stand you right back up. In order to implement solid GnP in Pride, fighter's had to draw back and rain down punches, which left openings for BJJ fighters to find holes and land a submission. When you throw elbows into the mix, you can stay active, and not have to give up much room to continually land solid elbows.

That win should be taken off Shogun's record and it should be changed to DQ.. He had to beat Rampage with multiple illegal blows.. Soccer kicks to the face and head. Try that in the UFC' date=' see what happens Shogun. You'll lose every time. Shogun isn't ish without cheating. He needs soccer kicks to beat Page.[/quote']

one of the few things i agree with u on lol. it wulda been nice to see him soccer kick machida once he cracked him tho!

Exactly' date=' Shogun nutt huggers claim his hurt knee was the reason for that. A bum knee stopped him from defending grappling on the ground HOW exactly?

Your knee has jack **** to do with your ground game. It has no bearing at all on defending a rear naked choke. Its just a lame out cop out for why Forrest finished him.[/quote']

it has everything to do with being able to train and keep in shape to the top of ur ability and defending in the gaurd so he cant get to ur back. dont talk out ur **** without actually knowing and training bjj

I have no idea if AK is serious or not, but I have been one of the very first to state Shogun cannot handle a great wrestler. Rashad and Bones can grind out a decision or tko via ground and pound.

Stlyles do make fights and Forrest has Shogun's number. Forrest is mediocre but his style poses much difficulty for the Shogun. Anyone who is willing to stay in the pocket while exchanging with Rua has done well...and we saw this in the Lil Nog fight. Lil Nog put on a stand up clinic on Rua, forcing him to take the fight to the ground.

As memorable as this moment is for Shogun, it will be short-lived. Sorry Rua fans...and this is not because I am biased because he beat my fighter; this is an honest objective opinion.

Exactly' date=' Shogun nutt huggers claim his hurt knee was the reason for that. A bum knee stopped him from defending grappling on the ground HOW exactly?

Your knee has jack **** to do with your ground game. It has no bearing at all on defending a rear naked choke. Its just a lame out cop out for why Forrest finished him.[/quote']

Yea Rampage also said that he injured his foot before the Shogun fight but he didn't want to pull out and how he couldn't run or anything

Let's face facts.. Shogun is a 2nd rate fighter who was a champion in a 2nd rate org' date=' which is why he will never become champion in the most premier MMA organization in the world. Shogun is an outdated fighter. Shogun is VHS and Machida is Blu-ray. Shogun is the Wright Brother's plane and Machida is a F-22 Raptor. One is a piece of shhh and the other is the most advanced fighter jet in the world.

[/quote']

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! AK, what a clown.

I don't like Shogun. I lost all respect for him. He disrespected Machida's striking. If you want to prove you're better than Machida' date=' you beat him by outpointing him. Something he couldn't do their first fight. He had no respect for Machida's striking in the 2nd fight, which is why I have no more respect for Shogun.

Shogun threw that haymaker with his eyes closed like he was scared and just happened to hit the jackpot. He not only disrespected my fighter, but he disrespected me in the process. It's personal now and I will be celebrating like the 4th of July when Rampage knocks his **** out. I'll have firecrackers ready to set off as soon as it happens too.[/quote']

LOL this guy is hilarious

Let me tell YOU something.. I am no bandwagoner, and every champion takes his fall one day or another... I will always be a Shogun fan.

That win should be taken off Shogun's record and it should be changed to DQ.. He had to beat Rampage with multiple illegal blows.. Soccer kicks to the face and head. Try that in the UFC' date=' see what happens Shogun. You'll lose every time. Shogun isn't ish without cheating. He needs soccer kicks to beat Page.[/quote']

um they wasn't illegal blows...you could soccer kick and face stomp in pride. and i'm pretty sure rampage didn't just lay down and let shogun kick him in the face.

Let me tell YOU something.. I am no bandwagoner' date=' and every champion takes his fall one day or another... I will always be a Shogun fan.[/quote']

Didnt u just become his fan after the 1st Machida fight and thought that Rua was going to loose the 2nd fight?

Didnt u just become his fan after the 1st Machida fight and thought that Rua was going to loose the 2nd fight?

I am a new MMA fan, but I like his personality a lot, and his aggressive yet well-timed and strategical game, and his Jiu-Jitsu made me a fan... I watched a ton of his PRIDE fights too.

I am a new MMA fan' date=' but I like his personality a lot, and his aggressive yet well-timed and strategical game, and his Jiu-Jitsu made me a fan... I watched a ton of his PRIDE fights too.[/quote']

O ok, at least u admit it, nice to see Shogun get some well deserved appreaciation.