Sign in to follow this  
ZkcOrB

Why Brock Lesnar Can Beat Fedor Emelianenko Right Now.

MMA purists are going to hate this article, but unfortunately, it appears that Emelianenko?s best days are behind him.

The argument as to whether or not Fabricio Werdum caught Fedor with the triangle choke last June will likely never be settled.

However, in his loss to Antonio ?Bigfoot? Silva, there is no question that Emelianenko simply got dominated and flat out looked outclassed.

To put things into perspective, it is pretty outlandish that Fedor had about 5-to-1 odds in his matchup with Silva. Even prior to his fight with Emelianenko, educated fans knew that Silva was no slouch. Obviously, he has tremendous size at 6?4" and apparently getting as heavy as 285 pounds.

He isn?t nicknamed ?Bigfoot? for no good reason.

Furthermore, Silva is a black belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Judo and Karate and is also a regular practitioner of Muay Thai.

Nevertheless, Fedor was expected to coast to a comfortable unanimous decision victory in a worst case scenario.

That outcome never came to fruition, as Silva completely controlled the second round against ?The Last Emperor.?

After a quick double leg takedown, Bigfoot absolutely owned Silva on the ground. His superior jiu-jitsu skills overwhelmed Fedor, as the decorated Russian fighter had no counters or really any defense in general for Silva?s mounted attacks.

Is it really that hard to imagine Brock Lesnar getting Fedor in this same position? So Fedor looked like a shell of his former self, and Silva has made a case to be an undisputed top-10 heavyweight in the world.

We already know this.

So where does Brock Lesnar come into play?

Well, the former Minnesota Gopher has a lot more in common with the big Brazilian (Silva) than initially meets the eye.

Lesnar is well known for having fantastic power and amazing wrestling, so few heavyweights can keep off their backs for long when taking on this formidable foe.

Taking down Emilianenko would be a joke for someone with Lesnar?s credentials.

Certainly, this is just one aspect to winning a fight, and it would be unjust to declare Brock a hands-down winner based on excellent takedown ability.

However, also consider that accomplished wrestlers excel at applying constant pressure to opponents and are also very good at maintaining good positioning like side control and mount.

Rewatching any of Lesnar?s previous fights exhibit this; Chael Sonnen and Georges St. Pierre are two other examples of a consistently well-executed wrestling game.

Now, it is easy to recognize that Lesnar?s jiu-jitsu skills and striking are not as good at Silva?s.

Should it ever happen, who wins this super fight?

Brock Lesnar

Fedor Emelianenko

Submit Vote vote to see results Should it ever happen, who wins this super fight?Brock Lesnar69.0%Fedor Emelianenko31.0%Total votes: 116 However, he is basically the same size (6'3" and has to cut to make UFC?s 265-pound heavyweight limit) and is way stronger than Silva.

Additionally, it is clear that Emelianenko?s days of beating guys 80 or even 50 pounds heavier than him have long past.

If Lesnar should gain a dominant position on Emelianenko, there is no question the fight would end early.

This is not to disrespect what Emelianenko has accomplished in the past; let us all openly acknowledge that he is hands down one of the greatest heavyweights of all time.

The reality though is that as of right now, Brock Lesnar is a better heavyweight fighter than Fedor Emelianenko and is capable of beating him one on one.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/608348-mma-why-brock-lesnar-can-beat-fedor-emelianenko-right-now

No he can't....he won't beat JDS either.

Oh, Great one. Please tell me more about the future since you clearly think you know the future. I'd like to know which stocks to invest in.

Should it ever happen, who wins this super fight?

Poll Results

Brock Lesnar 68.5%

Fedor Emelianenko 31.5%

Total votes: 149

Tell your friends and vote guys!!

Should it ever happen' date=' who wins this super fight?

Poll Results

Brock Lesnar 68.5%

Fedor Emelianenko 31.5%

Tell your friends and vote guys!![/quote']

wasnt brock supposed to dominate the HW division for years to come?

Should it ever happen' date=' who wins this super fight?

Poll Results

Brock Lesnar 68.5%

Fedor Emelianenko 31.5%

Tell your friends and vote guys!![/quote']

Can't hold a poll by yourself...

lmao' date=' don't be stupid, Brock got manhandled by Cain, i aint even a Fedor fan but Brock would get mauled by any top 5 HW[/quote']

Cain had the wrestling to allow it to be a stand up affair. Fedor does not as proven by a BJJ fighter in Bigface.

brock sucks

dunno why you guys keep makin threads like this

you do not sound cool at all

... its the same noob crew that call Werdum & Silva cans

Lesnar has "amazing wrestling"?

lol really?

20101023cainvelasquezvs.jpg

20101023cainvelasquezvs.jpg

Brock would destroy Fedor.

Face it Fedor fans' date=' it's over.[/quote']

... it never even began for Bork > lol

Antonio showed how any of the larger HWs who have athleticism and skill can beat Fedor.

There are others on that list, not just Lesnar. There's Overeem of course. And Cain as well.

Ha, I love how Fedor advocates say "well Brock lost to Cain" or Brock sucks but don't address the OP which imho is actually quite good. Guess what, Fedor would've lost too Cain or Carwin lmao. The only chance Fedor has in this match is landing a hard punch on Lesnar's chin and stunning him sending him into his demonstrated confused state. If that doesn't happen, and there's a large chance it wouldn't given Lesnar moves better than Silva, Lesnar wins this fight handily.

Antonio showed how any of the larger HWs who have athleticism and skill can beat Fedor.

There are others on that list' date=' not just Lesnar. There's Overeem of course. And Cain as well.[/quote']

something Brock doesn't have

Fedor had alot more to loose then. Hurts brah?

loose /lo͞os/

Adjective: Not firmly or tightly fixed in place; detached or able to be detached: "a loose tooth".

stay in school "brah"

I think Brock could beat Fedor in a three round fight via grinding decision. Brock is a good wrestler (although those who know wrestling well tell me that his technique is only mediocre and that he relies heavily on size and strength) and he has excellent top control. There's no way on earth that he could strike with Fedor though, not even for a single round.

Come on bro' date=' if it's so easy to do what Lesnar did, why don't you start lifting weights and become heavy weight champ?[/quote']

I'm not a heavyweight. I do lift weights though.

There are others on that list' date=' not just Lesnar. There's Overeem of course. And Cain as well.[/quote']

Correction, any big, athletic heavyweight that can take a punch or two, remember the first round, oh wait, no, you don't, because you didn't watch the fight.

Big foot would wreck Brock.

something Brock doesn't have

Don't kid yourself. I know people just like to hate on him, but anyone who says he doesn't have skill is lying or fooling themselves.

Hell, he may be the one "who stands" after a loss sooner than Fedor.

Correction' date=' any big, athletic heavyweight that can take a punch or two, remember the first round, oh wait, no, you don't, because you didn't watch the fight.

Big foot would wreck Brock.[/quote']

Big Foot might wreck Brock. But we were talking about Fedor.

The reality though is that as of right now' date=' Brock Lesnar is a better heavyweight fighter than Fedor Emelianenko and is capable of beating him one on one.

[/quote']

... Lesnar has been demolished in the 1st round of his last two matches

& previously tapped by 5 (t)ko loss Mir, .. not to mention he's afraid to get

punched in the face , thinking he could beat any of the SF tourney fighters

is a noob-fantasy

... dos Santos > Black House/ Team Nogueira .

trained by Rodrigo & Anderson, rolling w/ Rogerio & Shogun = end of the mma road for Lesnar

cant wait till JDS destroys brock so all the brock nut huggers can finally shut up. but then again i dont think they will ever realize that brock just isnt a fighter he cant take a hit to the face

cant wait till JDS destroys brock so all the brock nut huggers can finally shut up. but then again i dont think they will ever realize that brock just isnt a fighter he cant take a hit to the face

He took a helluva hit to the face from Carwin.

But it's no secret his stand up ain't good.

Brock wasnt afraid of punches until he fought Carwin' date=' but why is there so much Brock hate? The guy beat some good fighters and was champion.[/quote']

Well said. It just seems "haters gonna hate".

Brock hasn't done anything wrong, he just jumped into the deep end right away and was very successful. That seemed to piss a lot of people off for some reason.

Well said. It just seems "haters gonna hate".

Brock hasn't done anything wrong' date=' he just jumped into the deep end right away and was very successful. That seemed to piss a lot of people off for some reason.[/quote']

I think it was the fact that he came from the wwe and beat old school fighters like Randy and Herring. So the old school fans dont like him.

I think it was the fact that he came from the wwe and beat old school fighters like Randy and Herring. So the old school fans dont like him.

I think some just don't want to admit size matters. And who cares if he came from the WWE or the Army or Football or from wherever.

I don't see why that should matter.

I can't wait till he fights JDS. That will be Lesnar's test to see if he can evolve.

Obviously biased article is in fact biased. I think Brock has a legit shot against Fedor based on the Silva fight, but that is only if Brock doesn't get clipped going for the take down and if he isn't subbed on the ground.

The reality though is that as of right now, Brock Lesnar is a better heavyweight fighter than Fedor Emelianenko and is capable of beating him one on one.

This is such an exaggeration it is ridiculous. I think Brock vs Fedor is an interesting fight at this point based on style, but to say that Brock is a better HW like it is fact is just ignorant. It is true, Fedor lost his last 2 fights. Lesnar's last 2 were not very impressive either, so I am not exactly sure what this guy is basing his statement off of.

I'll be honest.

Fedor would rip Brock a new one.

That said, a couple months ago - maybe even a year - I claimed "Yeah if they fought I'd have to back Brock because he has pretty good top game and size". Got chewed out pretty bad for that lol

The fact is that Brock lost to Frank Mir, then beat Herring at the end of his career (Herring was only a gate keeper at the peak of his career, and hasn't fought since), then beat an aging Couture who hadn't fought in almost 18 months, then beat Mir who he had already lost to. These 4 fights were a high level of competition for somebody so new to the sport, but certainly not enough for Brock fan boys to consider him in the running for best fighter ever, and certainly not enough to justify the opinion that he would destroy any and every HW.

Certain exaggerations aside, most of the "hate" was really an accurate look at the holes in Lesnar's game (which were shown in the Carwin and Carwin fights, not to mention Mir 1). The vast majority of hate about Lesnar, has obviously been directed at his fanboys, who had it coming after the proclamations they made about Lesnar based on his first 5 fights.

I'll be honest.

Fedor would rip Brock a new one.

That said' date=' a couple months ago - maybe even a year - I claimed "Yeah if they fought I'd have to back Brock because he has pretty good top game and size". Got chewed out pretty bad for that lol[/quote']

Obviously he has size and strength, but most opinions of his top game were based purely off of fights against Herring and Mir. I call that small sample size. It has been exposed as not as good as previously thought against Carwin and Cain, but again, still a small sample size. Only so much can be learned from fights against merely 4 fighters where his top game really came into play.

The fact is that Brock lost to Frank Mir' date=' then beat Herring at the end of his career (Herring was only a gate keeper at the peak of his career, and hasn't fought since), then beat an aging Couture who hadn't fought in almost 18 months, then beat Mir who he had already lost to. These 4 fights were a high level of competition for somebody so new to the sport, but certainly not enough for Brock fan boys to consider him in the running for best fighter ever, and certainly not enough to justify the opinion that he would destroy any and every HW.

Certain exaggerations aside, most of the "hate" was really an accurate look at the holes in Lesnar's game (which were shown in the Carwin and Carwin fights, not to mention Mir 1). The vast majority of hate about Lesnar, has obviously been directed at his fanboys, who had it coming after the proclamations they made about Lesnar based on his first 5 fights.[/quote']

I'm not a Brock fan by the way.