Brady969

Fighters That Praise Jesus And Little Angels After A Fight.

There's nothing crazier than grown men beating each other and then referencing angels or Jesus looking out for them. I'm willing to bet if Jesus was alive today he wouldn't watch The UFC and if there are angels, they're not flying around the octagon helping you dodge punches and head kicks.

Conversations and comments in regards to MMA should never involve religious figures because it's silly and hypocritical. It's an obvious way to justify grown men beating each other up for money, fame and ego. Let's keep it real. I love MMA but I also have the common sense to separate church and octagon.

Amen.

Theres nothing more rediculous than grown men beating each other and then making a reference to angels or Jesus looking out for them. Lol....I'm willing to bet if Jesus was alive today' date=' he wouldn't buy stock in The UFC.

Conversations and comments in regards to MMA should never involve religious figures. It's sad and a desperately obvious way to justify grown men beating each other up for money, fame and ego....let's keep it real.

Amen.[/quote']

Maybe they think its a Holy crusade they are on. The Holy Wars :rolleyes:

I am with you though, it really is getting repetitive and more widespread.

Maybe it should be " Thank you to the bullies at my school who made me go the gym and better myself" or " Thank you to my abusive uncle who gave me the mental dimension I needed for motivation" (just the truth will do)

Amen.

Have a nice day :-)

Theres nothing more rediculous than grown men beating each other and then making a reference to angels or Jesus looking out for them.

Why not? If the fighter happens to be Christian? In their belief system' date=' God looks out for us all.

Lol....I'm willing to bet if Jesus was alive today, he wouldn't buy stock in The UFC.

There's aspects of corporatism that he'd no doubt abhor, but there's nothing wrong with training for battle and engaging in a competitive sport to make your living. If a war went down these guys would be pretty prepared for it. There's nothing wrong with that either.

I am with you though' date=' it really is getting repetitive and more widespread.[/quote']

"repetitive and more widespread" is an odd comment to make considering pro fighters throughout history have usually thanked God after a win. Was Abraham born last year?

Maybe it should be " Thank you to the bullies at my school who made me go the gym and better myself" or " Thank you to my abusive uncle who gave me the mental dimension I needed for motivation" (just the truth will do).

To the believer, acknowledging God is important because He is directly responsible for you being on Earth at all, as well as having the physiological gifts and talents to develop for a particular occupation in the first place.

I think they thank God for giving them strenght to train and keeping them safe during the fight. It's complete BS though' date=' it's all you not Jesus. [/quote']

Many MMA fans love the sport because of the admittedly high unpredictability of the outcomes. Despite knowing the skill levels and past performances of the fighters, you really don't know what's really going to happen in the Octagon until it goes down. It's part of what makes the game so exciting, but it's also what makes the game so very dangerous too.

God gave them the physical gifts to train with, as well as the particular circumstances in their lives that they couldn't control that got them to this place. Out of the thousands of hopefuls that long to get on this platform and compete at the heightest level, THEY are the ones who got chosen, and that is God's hand. And "keeping them safe" is also the Hand of God on events, for many men have died in sports combat over the years and they certainly wouldn't have if they were the ones in control, don't you think?

I see nothing wrong with it.

You see nothing wrong with thanking Jesus and Angels for guiding you while hurting another human being for money, fame and personal satisfaction? Really? That's the power of religion for ya!

You see nothing wrong with thanking Jesus and Angels for guiding you while hurting another human being for money' date=' fame and personal satisfaction? Really? That's the power of religion for ya![/quote']

MMA is a sport, and of course your going to get money, fame and personal satisfaction, who wouldn't, it takes hard work to achieve those things and someone having strong religious beliefs and expressing them afterwards is completely justified in my opinion,

we obviously disagree, but I'll just leave it at that, I don't want to have one of those "religious" arguments (I'm not very religious anyway, never been to church :rolleyes: )

Many MMA fans love the sport because of the admittedly high unpredictability of the outcomes. Despite knowing the skill levels and past performances of the fighters' date=' you really don't know what's really going to happen in the Octagon until it goes down. It's part of what makes the game so exciting, but it's also what makes the game so very dangerous too.

God gave them the physical gifts to train with, as well as the particular circumstances in their lives that they couldn't control to got them to this place. Out of the thousands of hopefuls that long to get on this platform and compete at the heightest level, THEY are the ones who got chosen, and that is God's hand. And "keeping them safe" is also the Hand of God on events, for many men have died in sports combat over the years and they certainly wouldn't have if they were the ones in control, don't you think?[/quote']

Justify it all you want. It's ego, fame and personal satisfaction that drives these warriors to hurt another human being. No matter what the reason, there's violence towards another human and in many times blood and serious pain. There's NOTHING holly about that.

So what happened to the MMA fighter who gets really hurt or loses...was Jesus not looking out for him?

This is not a sport any religion would or should endorse. Stop lying to yourself.

Did you get fired from your interviewing job or something?

P.S. this thread has been done about 10 times.

lol, being an interviewer isn't a 24/7 job, people with jobs come on these forums believe it or not :P

lol' date=' being an interviewer isn't a 24/7 job, people with jobs come on these forums believe it or not :P[/quote'] LOL yeah i know but this isn't the only dumb thread he's made in the past few days so im thinking maybe he got sacked and is just trolling up the forums.

Did you get fired from your interviewing job or something?

P.S. this thread has been done about 10 times.

???? Fired? No, I was listening to our new Ultimate fighter thank angels for guiding him while he beat up another person and thought it was kooky. As far as this being brought up before.....yep and such is life but it's a relevant topic in MMA and The UFC because it happens all the time. If it doesn't interest you, jump to the next thread.

LOL yeah i know but this isn't the only dumb thread he's made in the past few days so im thinking maybe he got sacked and is just trolling up the forums.

Dumb thread? Dumb because I called out fighters for being hypocrites? And the other thread your talking about just had a goofy title but a legit question. Get over your self kid. Btw....the fact that you know this is a common thread tells me you need a life. Get away from the forum,pop the Pride fights out of your DVR and go get some fresh air. And wash your Affliction shirt. You've probably been wearing it for a week.

Dumb thread? Dumb because I called out fighters for being hypocrites? And the other thread your talking about just had a goofy title but a legit question. Get over your self kid.
What it's to you if a fighter is religious and thank's god or angels for helping them in life? nothing. You don't know them or their beliefs so it's non of your business and until a fighter comes out and say's "i wanna thank god for kicking this guy's *** with me" it's just assumptions and not actual fact that you know why they are thanking their god. KID!

"repetitive and more widespread" is an odd comment to make considering pro fighters throughout history have usually thanked God after a win. Was Abraham born last year?

To the believer' date=' acknowledging God is important because He is directly responsible for you being on Earth at all, as well as having the physiological gifts and talents to develop for a particular occupation in the first place.[/quote']

Which I am not

Lets get something straight here my man. God didnt give me jack shab!te, he didnt give me any skills to jump higher or sing longer. I have generic similarities from my parents and I have skills that I have learnt.

I really made a mistake commentating on a thread about religion. They are all a big Con trick!

My personal belief is that religion is a safe haven for lemmings to gather.

What it's to you if a fighter is religious and thank's god or angels for helping them in life? nothing. You don't know them or their beliefs so it's non of your business and until a fighter comes out and say's "i wanna thank god for kicking this guy's *** with me" it's just assumptions and not actual fact that you know why they are thanking their god. KID!

As a fan, if I see a fighter saying something stupid....then I come here and point it out. That's what these forums are for. If you can't handle a conversation about religion, hypocrisies and deeper conversations other than topics about laying and praying...jump to another thread. Go hug nuts.

As a fan' date=' if I see a fighter saying something stupid....then I come here and point it out. That's what these forums are for. If you can't handle a conversation about religion, hypocrisies and deeper conversations other than topics about laying and praying...jump to another thread. Go hug nuts.[/quote'] Wrong! and you haven't answered my question... what makes you so sure that they are thanking god for beating someone up? What they are thanking god for is the opportunity, some of these fighters have had very hard lives and they are humble and privileged to be in the position they are in.And they acknowledge and thank the higher being "God".

Wrong! and you haven't answered my question... what makes you so sure that they are thanking god for beating someone up? What they are thanking god for is the opportunity' date=' some of these fighters have had very hard lives and they are humble and privileged to be in the position they are in.And they acknowledge and thank the higher being "God".[/quote']

Co-signed for truth.

Wrong! and you haven't answered my question... what makes you so sure that they are thanking god for beating someone up? What they are thanking god for is the opportunity' date=' some of these fighters have had very hard lives and they are humble and privileged to be in the position they are in.And they acknowledge and thank the higher being "God".[/quote']

Here's the facts...

You can be as humble and feel all the privilege in the world but the reason any fighter has any sucsess and feel those feelings is because he hurt another person. To thank God for having anything for that reason is dumb and points out the very reason I started this thread....Hypocrisy!

How many fighters thank God after losing a fight? What happened to God then? Any post conference I've seen has never had a loser thanking God.

Btw...good to see you able to engage in a deeper level of a conversation rather than name calling just because this topic makes you uncomfortable. I appreciate the respect.

Here's the facts...

You can be as humble and feel all the privilege in the world but the reason any fighter has any sucsess and feel those feelings is because he hurt another person. To thank God for having anything for that reason is dumb and points out the very reason I started this thread....Hypocrisy!

How many fighters thank God after losing a fight? What happened to God then? Any post conference I've seen has never had a loser thanking God.

Btw...good to see you able to engage in a deeper level of a conversation rather than name calling just because this topic makes you uncomfortable. I appreciate the respect.

Why would you even care ? You're some kind of fatt *** lazy bastard who just interviews fighter and does some other useles stuff.. And if i remember correctly Vitor thanked God after his fight with Anderson.If you're not christian and don't bealieve in God that's your thing but don't offend others.

Here's the facts...

Fedor? lol

And i have not once name called you i called your thread dumb not you. I don't insult people through the internet.

Why not? If the fighter happens to be Christian? In their belief system' date=' God looks out for us all.

There's aspects of corporatism that he'd no doubt abhor, but there's nothing wrong with training for battle and engaging in a competitive sport to make your living. If a war went down these guys would be pretty prepared for it. There's nothing wrong with that either.[/quote']

One reason...Real Christians don't hurt other human beings FOR ANY REASON! The End.

Which I am not

And that's why I was talking about the "Fighters that praise Jesus and little angels after a fight" that this thread is referencing and not you. How abou that?

Try to pay attention when you rant.

Lets get something straight here my man.

You're an atheist who get's "politically correct" and offended whenever a believer mentions God.

Who gives a crap?

God didnt give me jack shab!te' date=' he didnt give me any skills to jump higher or sing longer. I have generic similarities from my parents and I have skills that I have learnt.[/quote']

As the Creator of reality, there is nothing here that you do not owe to Him. The only thing you control is what you are going to do with the tools that He gave you. He could've just as easily made you show up with no arms.

I really made a mistake commentating on a thread about religion.

No' date=' you didn't. Even though atheists don't think so, we really do have the [i']Freedom of Speech[/i] to praise God or not, so we all can say whatever we wish.

They are all a big Con trick!

I could take that seriously if I had any reason to believe you actually knew what you were talking about.

My personal belief is that religion is a safe haven for lemmings to gather.

My personal belief is that anyone that thinks that is going to hell.

Enjoy your swim in the Lake of Fire, chief. Take plenty of sunblock.

One reason...Real Christians don't hurt other human beings FOR ANY REASON! The End.

What are you basing that on? Scriptural references please.

popcorn.gif

Why would you even care ? You're some kind of fatt *** lazy bastard who just interviews fighter and does some other useles stuff.. And if i remember correctly Vitor thanked God after his fight with Anderson.If you're not christian and don't bealieve in God that's your thing but don't offend others.

Fat? I'm 5'11, 220, 13 percent body fat. Lol

Yes I interview fighters and the other useless 'stuff' you speak of is my 20 year old radio broadcasting career. Whatbdoes any of that have to do with calling out hypocrisy?

Btw....Really good reply. Lol

What are you basing that on? Scriptural references please.

popcorn.gif

I'm basing that on one question. WWJD? For many years preachers and religious figures taught Christianity by teaching people to ask themselves how Jesus would live life. Would Jesus punch another person in the face? Would Jesus accept money for hurting someone?

Unless you want to argue that Jesus wasn't the ultimate Christian?

the opportunity to beat someone up god some people are stupid

Here's the facts...

I really don't think you know what those actually are.

You can be as humble and feel all the privilege in the world but the reason any fighter has any sucsess and feel those feelings is because he hurt another person.

People get hurt all the time' date=' it's part of living on earth. It's not 'evil' to get hurt. Two people agreeing to test their fighting skills against each other in a friendly contest agreed upon for a purse, using their God-given talents is not a sin.

To thank God for having anything for that reason is dumb and points out the very reason I started this thread....Hypocrisy!

I love it when people who know absolutely nothing about religion and how it functions... but only think they do... start smarting off at the mouth about it.

It's the very definition of "ignorant." The lack of knowledge or understanding about a subject.

According to the Scriptures' date=' God tests each of us with both adversity and prosperity. That little gem is free to help you with your critical ignorance problem.

We'll see.

I really don't think you know what those actually are.

People get hurt all the time' date=' it's part of living on earth. It's not 'evil' to get hurt. Two people agreeing to test their fighting skills against each other in a friendly contest agreed upon for a purse, using their God-given talents is not a sin.

I love it when people who know absolutely nothing about religion and how it functions... but only think they do... start smarting off at the mouth about it.

It's the very definition of "ignorant." The lack of knowledge or understanding about a subject.

According to the Scriptures, God tests each of us with both adversity and prosperity. That little gem is free to help you with your critical ignorance problem.

We'll see.[/quote']

One question ...What Would Jesus Do? Would he hit another human being?

I'm basing that on one question. WWJD?

So you don't have an actual Scriptural reference for your opinion' date=' but a marketing ploy you found on a keychain?

Interesting.

For many years preachers and religious figures taught Christianity by teaching people to ask themselves how Jesus would live life. Would Jesus punch another person in the face?

He certainly punched the money lenders in the face when he tossed them out of the Temple on their ears for defiling it with their crap.

Would Jesus accept money for hurting someone?

Considering he was a carpenter by trade and not an MMA fighter? No.

Unless you want to argue that Jesus wasn't the ultimate Christian?

A Christian is the follower of the New Testament composed primarily of the writings of Paul. Jesus was a descendant of the House of Israel and as such was a follower of God and the Scriptures of the Torah and the other prophets before him. And they were all about kickin' butt when someone crossed them and their God. He did have Peter go buy some swords before the Romans grabbed him, remember?

Seriously, Jesus probably wouldn't have enjoyed the brutality of the sport, but I see no reason why he would've condemned it. There's nothing in the Scriptures saying that the sport we enjoy is evil.

And that's why I was talking about the "Fighters that praise Jesus and little angels after a fight" that this thread is referencing and not you. How abou that?

Try to pay attention when you rant.

You're an atheist who get's "politically correct" and offended whenever a believer mentions God.

Who gives a crap?

As the Creator of reality' date=' there is nothing here that you do not owe to Him. The only thing you control is what you are going to do with the tools that He gave you. He could've just as easily made you show up with no arms.

No, you didn't. Even though atheists don't think so, we really do have the [i']Freedom of Speech[/i] to praise God or not, so we all can say whatever we wish.

I could take that seriously if I had any reason to believe you actually knew what you were talking about.

My personal belief is that anyone that thinks that is going to hell.

Enjoy your swim in the Lake of Fire, chief. Take plenty of sunblock.

I appreciate your comprehensive reply. It has a very nice format to it. I enjoyed your humour and applaud your honesty.

I have to completely agree with all of my comments made earlier.

It is also you who needs to pay attention to what is being written before you decide to reply (thats why I put my 'which I am not' comment in bold).

I am going to hell for not believing in GOD? Link or isnt true

I owe everything to him? Link or it didnt happen

Your arguement/discussion point is the usual tripe spilled from a brainwashed lemming.

I hope to Satan that you see sense soon :P

the opportunity to beat someone up god some people are stupid
The opportunity to live their dream and compete against the best competition in the world not that you would know or understand what that feels like sitting cowardly behind your computer screen calling strangers names.

These "atheist's" speak as though they know Jesus and they have the bible figured out lol

So you don't have an actual Scriptural reference for your opinion' date=' but a marketing ploy you found on a keychain?

Interesting.

He certainly punched the money lenders in the face when he tossed them out of the Temple on their ears for defiling it with their crap.

Considering he was a carpenter by trade and not an MMA fighter? No.

A Christian is the follower of the New Testament composed primarily of the writings of Paul. Jesus was a descendant of the House of Israel and as such was a follower of God and the Scriptures of the Torah and the other prophets before him. And they were all about kickin' butt when someone crossed them and their God. He did have Peter go buy some swords before the Romans grabbed him, remember?

Seriously, Jesus probably wouldn't have enjoyed the brutality of the sport, but I see no reason why he would've condemned it. There's nothing in the Scriptures saying that the sport we enjoy is evil.[/quote']

That key chain phrase you mock is a question asked by many men of faith and true believers in Christianity. Many of them preachers. Do I have to teach you the true meaning of WWJD?

Regardless of what the scripture you read and follow says, any Christian or atheist with common sense can see that the person thanking God for helping them win a fight is obviously ridiculous. So...you never answered my question.

Would Jesus Ever Get into the Octagon and fight someone for the reasons fighters do?

A yes or no is fine unless you need to find a way to justify because even you know not explaining the answer yes will sound absurd. Lol....Yes or No? Would Jesus ever getin the octagon to fight for the reasons fighters do today? Can you picture Jesus in the octagon!

The opportunity to live their dream and compete against the best competition in the world not that you would know or understand what that feels like sitting cowardly behind your computer screen calling strangers names.

These "atheist's" speak as though they know Jesus and they have the bible figured out lol

Their dream involves hurting people .....what part of that are you looking past? So Jesus would endorse this sport?

I appreciate your comprehensive reply. It has a very nice format to it. I enjoyed your humour and applaud your honesty.

Thanks. I'll be here all week. Enjoy the show.

When i free up some time I may start inserting some original cartoons in my posts too. STAY TUNED!

I have to completely agree with all of my comments made earlier.

That's too bad.

It is also you who needs to pay attention to what is being written before you decide to reply (thats why I put my 'which I am not' comment in bold).

Look... I was CLEARLY not talking about you when I explained why the "Fighters that praise Jesus and little angels after a fight" do what they do. Why can't you get that through your greasey' date=' hell-bound head?

I am going to hell for not believing in GOD? Link or isnt true

http://www.bible.com

http://www.quran.com

I owe everything to him? Link or it didnt happen

http://www.bible.com

http://www.quran.com

[using Royce Gracie voice] "You're welcome."

Your arguement/discussion point is the usual tripe spilled from a brainwashed lemming.

I can say it slower and use shorter words if it'll help you. Say the word.

I hope to Satan that you see sense soon :P

Clever. :rolleyes:

first of all i'm not athiest i'm muslim second their dream is to punch other people in the face dude i love mma its my favourite sport but there is no way around it nick diaz said it best it is and always will be cagefighting

and third how the eff am i a coward i just competed three days ago i got silver so eff you at least i'm doing something with my life

first of all i'm not athiest i'm muslim second their dream is to punch other people in the face dude i love mma its my favourite sport but there is no way around it nick diaz said it best it is and always will be cagefighting

and third how the eff am i a coward i just competed three days ago i got silver so eff you at least i'm doing something with my life

Well said and congrats on winning silver.

first of all i'm not athiest i'm muslim

As Salaamu Alaikum!

second their dream is to punch other people in the face dude i love mma its my favourite sport but there is no way around it nick diaz said it best it is and always will be cagefighting

It would only be a problem or a sin if Dana White was kidnapping people and throwing them in the Octagon to fight to the death (against Roy Nelson and tigers and stuff). But these are adults... adult men using their God-given physiological talents in a contest of skill that they both agree to and fully know what they are getting into. It's not wrong (the gambling aspect is wrong though' date=' of course).

You think it's a sin because blood is being spilled? My cousin is a mechanic who lost 3 of his fingers. Is his job a sin too? Come on.

i just competed three days ago i got silver so eff you at least i'm doing something with my life

Congrats!

Well said and congrats on winning silver.

thanks but it sucks i should have gotten first place he only won by one advantage and the stupid ref didn't give me points for a knee on belly

but thanks anyway xD

First of all remember that this is the internet so what you say or claim counts for nothing.

Secondly when grown men are having an intellectual debate about a common topic and someone come's in with remarks towards someone such as "your stupid" it makes them A). look stupid themselves and B). look like a coward.

And if your a Muslim why the hell are you arguing against us? and no it is not "cage fighting" it's mixed martial arts that is competed in a cage. The sooner people realise that the sooner this beautiful sport and art can become global and the over take boxing.

As Salaamu Alaikum!

It would only be a problem or a sin if Dana White was kidnapping people and throwing them in the Octagon to fight to the death (against roy Nelson and tigers and stuff). But these are adults men using their God-given physiological talents in a contest of skill that they both agree to and full know what they are getting into. It's not wrong.

You think it's a sin because blood is being spilled? My cousin is a mechanic who lost 3 of his fingers. Is his job a sin too? Come on.

Congrats!

did i ever say it was a sin if it is fighting don't bring god into it it's just a sport and relegion has nothing to do with it and like god cares or something

thanks but it sucks i should have gotten first place he only won by one advantage and the stupid ref didn't give me points for a knee on belly

but thanks anyway xD

Did he praise Jesus? Lol

Their dream involves hurting people .....what part of that are you looking past? So Jesus would endorse this sport?

You've used the words, "hurting people" a few times in this thread. IMO, professional MMA athletes recognise the need to inflict punishment, but as part of a sport, between competitors. I consider that an important distinction from simply setting out to hurt someone.