Brady969

Fighters That Praise Jesus And Little Angels After A Fight.

You've used the words' date=' "hurting people" a few times in this thread. IMO, professional MMA athletes recognise the need to inflict punishment, but as part of a sport, between competitors. I consider that an important distinction from simply setting out to hurt someone.[/quote']

But in the end no matter how you justify, you are hurting someone. When it does happen, how can you justify someone losing their life in the cage? We all know it's going to happen at some point, it's just a matter of when. Does your distinction make it any better? It's a hard question to ask yourself and even harder to really be honest about because we love this sport so much but if you are a believer of Christ and Christianity, how will the one who killed that person be judged for his actions? Will he get a get out of he'll free card becuause he claims he did it in the name of competition and sport? Will that person look back at his life and ask himself was it worth accidently killing someone for?

Regardless of how important the distinction is, the facts is I don't believe this is a sport Christianity would endorse. But then again.....

That key chain phrase you mock is a question asked by many men of faith and true believers in Christianity. Many of them preachers. Do I have to teach you the true meaning of WWJD?

In other words' date=' "No, I don't have a sciptural reference because if I touch the bible or Qur'an I will burst into flame. Here's another bullcrap answer I pulled out of my Big Bag of Bullcrap Answers?."

Regardless of what the scripture you read and follow says...

WHOA!! And here I thought the Holy Scriptures were the Word of God on earth that ALL believers use for truth in religion. Thank God the religiously ignorant atheist let me know that they really don't matter. *whew!* I almost wasted my time!

...any Christian or atheist with common sense can see that the person thanking God for helping them win a fight is obviously ridiculous.

Ridiculous in what way? Often a fight will have a stunning upset that makes no sense (even to the fighter) how he pulled it off' date=' enabling his family to pay off their mortgage or something else they'd been praying for for years because of some hardship they'd been tested with. All you see is the surface of the matter filtered through your Bag of Nonsense? (Collect 'em all!).

Would Jesus Ever Get into the Octagon and fight someone for the reasons fighters do?

I already answered that question: Considering he was a carpenter by trade, no, he would not.

A yes or no is fine unless you need to find a way to justify because even you know not explaining the answer yes will sound absurd.

What are you? A prosecuting attorney that you get to dictate how I answer a question? I can answer a question however it so pleases me to do so. If you don't like it' date=' feel free to pick-n-choose which parts you read. Free Country, chief. Enjoy.

Can you picture Jesus in the octagon!

Thanks to Doctor_Obviously...

Yes.

First of all remember that this is the internet so what you say or claim counts for nothing.

Secondly when grown men are having an intellectual debate about a common topic and someone come's in with remarks towards someone such as "your stupid" it makes them A). look stupid themselves and B). look like a coward.

And if your a Muslim why the hell are you arguing against us? and no it is not "cage fighting" it's mixed martial arts that is competed in a cage. The sooner people realise that the sooner this beautiful sport and art can become global and the over take boxing.

i'm muslim but i'm not a very relegious person so i almost always pick the side of the athiest

and i know its mma and not cagefighting i was just making a refference to a quote by nick diaz

But in the end no matter how you justify' date=' you are hurting someone. When it does happen, how can you justify someone losing their life in the cage? We all know it's going to happen at some point, it's just a matter of when. Does your distinction make it any better? It's a hard question to ask yourself and even harder to really be honest about because we love this sport so much but if you are a believer of Christ and Christianity, how will the one who killed that person be judged for his actions? Will he get a get out of he'll free card becuause he claims he did it in the name of competition and sport? Will that person look back at his life and ask himself was it worth accidently killing someone for?

Regardless of how important the distinction is, the facts is I don't believe this is a sport Christianity would endorse. But then again.....[/quote']

this time 100

This entire debate is un-endable to be honest.

Yes i see Brady's point it is violence but i also see mine and Rasheed's point.

This open's a whole new question...

Do you watch MMA or any combat sport for the violence and to see someone in pain or for the beauty of technique and speed and power that human's are capable of possessing?

Is any other sport so different?

In other words' date=' "No, I don't have a sciptural reference because if I touch the bible or Qur'an I will burst into flame. Here's another bullcrap answer I pulled out of my Big Bag of Bullcrap Answers?."

[b']WHOA!! [/b] And here I thought the Holy Scriptures were the Word of God on earth that ALL believers use for truth in religion. Thank God the religiously ignorant atheist let me know that they really don't matter. *whew!* I almost wasted my time!

Ridiculous in what way? Often a fight will have a stunning upset that makes no sense (even to the fighter) how he pulled it off, enabling his family to pay off their mortgage or something else they'd been praying for for years because of some hardship they'd been tested with. All you see is the surface of the matter filtered through your Bag of Nonsense? (Collect 'em all!).

I already answered that question: Considering he was a carpenter by trade, no, he would not.

What are you? A prosecuting attorney that you get to dictate how I answer a question? I can answer a question however it so pleases me to do so. If you don't like it, feel free to pick-n-choose which parts you read. Free Country, chief. Enjoy.

Thanks to Doctor_Obviously...

Yes.

So let me get this right....you are saying it is NOT a sport Jesus would endorse and praising him would obviously be silly? .....hmmm, then why are you debating me?

This entire debate is un-endable to be honest.

Yes i see Brady's point it is violence but i also see mine and Rasheed's point.

This open's a whole new question...

Do you watch MMA or any combat sport for the violence and to see someone in pain or for the beauty of technique and speed and power that human's are capable of possessing?

Is any other sport so different?

I watch it for all of those reasons. Yes the sport of volleyball is nothing like MMA. :rolleyes:

I watch it for all of those reasons. Yes the sport of volleyball is nothing like MMA. :rolleyes:
You've completely missed my point... Let's look at the NFL these guy's run into each other like mad men and cause serious damage is that any less violent than MMA? both sports men are intending damage....

But in the end no matter how you justify' date=' you are hurting someone. When it does happen, how can you justify someone losing their life in the cage? We all know it's going to happen at some point, it's just a matter of when. Does your distinction make it any better? It's a hard question to ask yourself and even harder to really be honest about because we love this sport so much but if you are a believer of Christ and Christianity, how will the one who killed that person be judged for his actions? Will he get a get out of he'll free card becuause he claims he did it in the name of competition and sport? Will that person look back at his life and ask himself was it worth accidently killing someone for?

Regardless of how important the distinction is, the facts is I don't believe this is a sport Christianity would endorse. But then again.....[/quote']

I'm not religious so where MMA sits morally is not that high on my priority list. However, I completely uphold that professional martial artists are not actually in the business of "hurting someone". Yes, there are injuries sustained, but these are athletes that are physically conditioned to minimise damage. I do not believe for a moment that there will ever be a death in the UFC - the elite nature of these fighters and the legislation governing the sport ensure it is safe.

But in the end no matter how you justify' date=' you are hurting someone.[/quote']

So? Brady your made up version of what you think is acceptable in a religion that you don't know anything about or believe in is kind of irritating.

When it does happen' date=' how can you justify someone losing their life in the cage? We all know it's going to happen at some point, it's just a matter of when. [/quote']

People die all the time. THOU SHALT NOT COMMIT MURDER is for the predator who willfully destroys the life of an innocent, not for sportsmen.

It's a hard question to ask yourself...

It's hard for you.

...and even harder to really be honest about because we love this sport so much but if you are a believer of Christ and Christianity' date=' how will the one who killed that person be judged for his actions?[/quote']

No one will be punished or condemned to hell for an accident. The scriptures dictate exactly what a believer is supposed to do in the event of an accidental death, none of it is a hell-bound sentence.

But according to the atheist, accidental deaths are a hell-bound offense. No wonder y'all hate religion! lol

Will he get a get out of he'll free card becuause he claims he did it in the name of competition and sport?

Yup. How about that. At least your instincts are good. There may be hope for your soul yet' date=' satan boy.

Will that person look back at his life and ask himself was it worth accidently killing someone for?

That is a person-by-person basis. Some people get really sensitive about stuff like that.

Regardless of how important the distinction is' date=' the facts is I don't believe this is a sport Christianity would endorse. But then again.....[/quote']

Thank God your vast knowledge of Christianity is here to set the believers straight then. You're very generous.

I do not believe for a moment that there will ever be a death in the UFC - the elite nature of these fighters and the legislation governing the sport ensure it is safe.

I would not go that far. It is a brutal contact sport and accidents do happen. Many people have died in boxing over the years and it is infinitely safer than MMA competitions.

You've completely missed my point... Let's look at the NFL these guy's run into each other like mad men and cause serious damage is that any less violent than MMA? both sports men are intending damage....

You are right I missed it and I agree it's the same thing. Combat sports are pretty much the same but MMA does take it to another level.

So? Brady your made up version of what you think is acceptable in a religion that you don't know anything about or believe in is kind of irritating.

People die all the time. THOU SHALT NOT COMMIT MURDER is for the predator who willfully destroys the life of an innocent' date=' not for sportsmen.

It's hard for you.

No one will be punished or condemned to hell for an accident. The scriptures dictate exactly what a believer is supposed to do in the event of an accidental death, none of it is a hell-bound sentence.

But according tot he atheist, accidental deaths are a hell-bound offense. No one y'all hate religion! lol

Yup. How about that. At least your instincts are good. There may be hope for your soul yet, satan boy.

That is a person-by-person basis. Some people get really sensitive about stuff like that.

Thank God your vast knowledge of Christianity is here to set the believers straight then. You're very generous.[/quote']

You've made such a mess out of something so simple. No matter how much you try to attack me or my views on religion, you'll never win this debate because it's not a debate. The discussion ended when you agreed that Jesus would never endorse MMA. The end.

See how being an atheist keeps your thinking clear and logical?

I would not go that far. It is a brutal contract sport and accidents do happen. Many people have died in boxing over the years and it is infinitely safer than MMA competitions.

Exactly, boxing is a completely different story, and personally a sport I have no time for at the professional level.

I absolutely can not see that an accident causing death could occur within the UFC. Other MMA fight promotions, yes, but the UFC is so legislated that it would have to be a freak accident.

Everyone speaks of "the brutality" but you forget that these guy's bodies are so conditioned that the punishment they are receiving is all repairable. It's not street fighting, its elite sport.

I'm not religious so where MMA sits morally is not that high on my priority list. However' date=' I completely uphold that professional martial artists are not actually in the business of "hurting someone". Yes, there are injuries sustained, but these are athletes that are physically conditioned to minimise damage. I do not believe for a moment that there will ever be a death in the UFC - the elite nature of these fighters and the legislation governing the sport ensure it is safe.[/quote']

I'm an atheist but my original point was about how silly it sounds to praise the most peaceful man of all time in the most violent sport of all time....see the irony? MRasheed doesn't see it or doesn't want to.

I'm an atheist but my original point was about how silly it sounds to praise the most peaceful man of all time in the most violent sport of all time....see the irony?

Of course, but hey, I'm not going to judge how others find their inner strength. Unless it's hilariously funny like Diego Sanchez. :D

You're atheist. And from the looks of it, it seems as if you're also choosing not to understand other beliefs. How could you possibly understand an action by a religious person?

They aren't praising God because God gave them the ability to beat the crap out of someone. They are thanking God because he gave them the strength and determination to come out on top so they could provide for their families.

If an armed robber breaks into my house, and I kill him in self defense. I'm not going to say, "Thank you, God, for letting me kill this poor bastard." I'm going to be thinking something along the lines of "Thank you, God, for helping me defend myself and my family. Thank you for looking out after mine and my family's safety."

Pretty sure Rasheed is trolling you guys.

Anyone with enough common sense and education understands that taking a personal claim (any prophet who 'spoke to god') from an individual with no evidence and writing it in a book does not make it true. There is nothing that makes Christianity more believable, moral, or righteous than another religion - and it's pretty simple to find disturbing passages from the bible.

If Rasheed isn't trolling you guys - I have just a few simple common atheist questions for him.

- Do you believe the Earth is 6,000 years old?

- What is your explanation for dinosaur bones?

- Do you believe that Abraham, Jesus, Noah etc. all spoke to God based on the fact that they claimed to?

- Are the scriptures in the Bible the true word of God?

You're atheist. And from the looks of it' date=' it seems as if you're also choosing not to understand other beliefs. How could you possibly understand an action by a religious person?

They aren't praising God because God gave them the ability to beat the crap out of someone. They are thanking God because he gave them the strength and determination to come out on top so they could provide for their families.

If an armed robber breaks into my house, and I kill him in self defense. I'm not going to say, "Thank you, God, for letting me kill this poor bastard." I'm going to be thinking something along the lines of "Thank you, God, for helping me defend myself and my family. Thank you for looking out after mine and my family's safety."[/quote']

Apparently God is very picky with who he deems worthy of his strength, determination, health and so forth. My cousin died at 7 of leukemia. Our whole family is Catholic - and you can bet your *** they prayed day and night for that boy to recover. He died, and needless to say his parents haven't been the same since. It devastated a lot of us, he was an entirely innocent good hearted child. He had a painful and sad death - but apparently God is more interested in Tony Fergusson's ability to preform when the time comes. You idiots.

Apparently God is very picky with who he deems worthy of his strength' date=' determination, health and so forth. My cousin died at 7 of leukemia. Our whole family is Catholic - and you can bet your *** they prayed day and night for that boy to recover. He died, and needless to say his parents haven't been the same since. It devastated a lot of us, he was an entirely innocent good hearted child. He had a painful and sad death - but apparently God is more interested in Tony Fergusson's ability to preform when the time comes. You idiots.[/quote']

Your faith is so strong! It boggles me why God would choose to ignore prayers from you. Being a Catholic isn't just praying when you need it.

Look, I'm not the most religious guy there is. I believe in science too much. My family has a hard time with me when it comes to religion because I question religion a lot. A lot of it doesn't make sense to me. The difference between many atheists and I is that I don't bash religion. I try and learn more about it. I actually try to understand it more.

I'm an atheist pretty obviously. I didn't pray because I know it's pointless. Dumb thing to say. You don't bash religion BECAUSE you don't understand it ENOUGH. Do a little more research on 'religious cleansing' and the conquest of North America, along with countless other atrocities in the name of 'God'. I bash religion because it infiltrates the mind of the young and shapes them into people who don't question things that they are told. It is a misleading, error-filled book that should be taken no more seriously than Harry Potter. You are the idiot for treating religion as if it deserves some unquestioned veil of heightened respect just because enough people are dumb enough to believe it. Have fun being agnostic.

lol why because i'm not very relegious and i choose to enjoy life instead of making my girlfriend dress like a ninja and choose to drink alchohol

I'm Muslim and I don't "make my wife" dress like a ninja either, that would not be Islamic. I'm not an Arab. In the Qur'an, God says "dress modestly" not "dress for Japanese assassination attempt."

Many people enjoy life and living under the principals of religion, bosnianbjj. You don't have to risk your eternal soul in order to have a good time.

I "boooo'd" you because anyone who claims to believe but sides with the unbeliever against the people of God is referred to as a "hypocrite" in the Qur'an and God has very strong and definite words about them. You know why I booo'd.

I'm an atheist pretty obviously. I didn't pray because I know it's pointless. Dumb thing to say. You don't bash religion BECAUSE you don't understand it ENOUGH. Do a little more research on 'religious cleansing' and the conquest of North America' date=' along with countless other atrocities in the name of 'God'. I bash religion because it infiltrates the mind of the young and shapes them into people who don't question things that they are told. It is a misleading, error-filled book that should be taken no more seriously than Harry Potter. You are the idiot for treating religion as if it deserves some unquestioned veil of heightened respect just because enough people are dumb enough to believe it. Have fun being agnostic.[/quote']

You act as if I don't do my research. I've read plenty of books and have watched many documentaries over religion.

If I'm an idiot for being respectful of other people's beliefs whether I think they are right or wrong, than so be it. At least I know I have more class than you ever will.

Hahaha the Quran advocates beating women and all kinds of other garbage. GTFO with your muslim crap lol 72 virgins how could anyone believe that garbage. total clowns

I'm an atheist pretty obviously. I didn't pray because I know it's pointless. Dumb thing to say. You don't bash religion BECAUSE you don't understand it ENOUGH. Do a little more research on 'religious cleansing' and the conquest of North America' date=' along with countless other atrocities in the name of 'God'. I bash religion because it infiltrates the mind of the young and shapes them into people who don't question things that they are told. It is a misleading, error-filled book that should be taken no more seriously than Harry Potter. You are the idiot for treating religion as if it deserves some unquestioned veil of heightened respect just because enough people are dumb enough to believe it. Have fun being agnostic.[/quote']

Sums it up perfectly. Religion is a form of control that weak minded people seem to flock to because they are too dumb or too scared to live their own lives.

You act as if I don't do my research. I've read plenty of books and have watched many documentaries over religion.

If I'm an idiot for being respectful of other people's beliefs whether I think they are right or wrong' date=' than so be it. At least I know I have more class than you ever will.[/quote']

Alright, I believe Hitler was the son of god, all jews should die, you are a homosexual and your family is pathetic. respect my beliefs?

note to mods: ^example, not being serious

You've made such a mess out of something so simple.

Why' date=' because you don't have a real response?

No matter how much you try to attack me or my views on religion...

You referred to me as a 'lemming' for choosing to accept my Lord's word as true. I took offense at that. I decided to take pot shots at you in return. If you don't like it, then you should control your tongue better when talking about other people and their most cherished beliefs.

...you'll never win this debate because it's not a debate.

It won't be a debate until you actually read the Scriptures and know what you are actually talking about on the topic. If you can't match me point by point with scriptural proof to back what you think Jesus was like' date=' then you are only wasting my time by responding. Seriously.

The discussion ended when you agreed that Jesus would never endorse MMA. The end.

As far as the orthodox western understanding of the topic is concerned, Jesus never took a wife or had kids either, so by your WWJD? Keychain logic, the believer shouldn't either. Jesus didn't drive a car, so none of us should? Jesus never played baseball, so we should all give that up?

Your argument is absolutely ridiculous. Jesus personally probably would not enjoy MMA as a form of entertainment, but there is no evidence in anyway that he would've outright condemned it.

See how being an atheist keeps your thinking clear and logical?

I see that, as usual, it's a badge that defines someone who has a lot to say about a subject they know absolutely nothing about.

Alright' date=' I believe Hitler was the son of god, all jews should die, you are a homosexual and your family is pathetic. respect my beliefs?

note to mods: ^example, not being serious[/quote']

You got me there. I can't say that I respect what your beliefs are (if that were true), but I won't sit here and degrade you for believing that way.

Also, that was an extreme example.

Look... I was CLEARLY not talking about you when I explained why the "Fighters that praise Jesus and little angels after a fight" do what they do. Why can't you get that through your greasey' date=' hell-bound head?[/quote']

Jesus Christ! I know...

That is why I put 'WHICH I am not' before I typed my comments. So that you could not come back and say I didnt mean you...yet you did anyway :rolleyes:

You are tripping yourself up fighting your flawed arguement and resorting to inane insults.

I am not a big hater of people who have been taken in by all the lies written GOD (how could I be?)

I was just replying to the original question of the thread. Which is YES to me it is getting awfully repetitive (and boring). I stated my case in my first post.

You cannot accept my opinion but I will not absorb your overwritten hyped excuses for a higher power we must thank. If I am wrong and there is a higher power then I will be the first to bend over so he can kiss my a** :)

Have a nice day :-)

It was an extreme but necessary example. you've been fooled into thinking that religion deserves the upmost respect. No belief should simply be accepted and respected. If anyone said that about me or my family (especially if I were Jewish), I'd absolutely degrade them for their beliefs. You might consider that classless, but I consider it intellectually honest.

It was an extreme but necessary example. you've been fooled into thinking that religion deserves the upmost respect. No belief should simply be accepted and respected. If anyone said that about me or my family (especially if I were Jewish)' date=' I'd absolutely degrade them for their beliefs. You might consider that classless, but I consider it intellectually honest.[/quote']

If anyone thinks different than you, you automatically assume they are wrong. You'll never understand other people who believe different than you, if you continue to think that way.

Enjoy your day, Haze.

By the way, never did I once insult you. You insulted me twice. Is that being intellectually honest? Later.

Pretty sure Rasheed is trolling you guys.

I may be flip with some of my answers' date=' but I am quite serious.

Anyone with enough common sense and education understands that taking a personal claim (any prophet who 'spoke to god') from an individual with no evidence and writing it in a book does not make it true.

Does it instantly make it not true? What are the tenants that "common sense and education" are using to judge something like that by?

There is nothing that makes Christianity more believable' date=' moral, or righteous than another religion[/quote']

That's why it's called "faith."

...and it's pretty simple to find disturbing passages from the bible.

I'm sure it's pretty simple to find things from any possible source that disturb and baffle every human being on earth.

If Rasheed isn't trolling you guys - I have just a few simple common atheist questions for him.

Sweet.

Do you believe the Earth is 6' date='000 years old?[/quote']

Nope, nor do I have reason to do so. The concept was invented by an ancient theological scholar who came up with that time frame on his own based on his own calculations. At no point did God say that that was how old the earth is.

What is your explanation for dinosaur bones?

They are the fossilized remains of ancient animals that no longer exist today.

Do you believe that Abraham' date=' Jesus, Noah etc. all spoke to God based on the fact that they claimed to? [/quote']

Very much so.

Are the scriptures in the Bible the true word of God?

Some are.

Does it instantly make it not true? What are the tenants that "common sense and education" are using to judge something like that by?

I'm sure it's pretty simple to find things from any possible source that disturb and baffle every human being on earth.

Sweet.

Nope, nor do I have reason to do so. The concept was invented by an ancient theological scholar who came up with that time frame on his own based on his own calculations. At no point did God say that that was how old the earth is.

Very much so.

Some are.[/quote']

Haha, religious people are funny. If i told you i was talking to god and he was talking back you would say i was crazy, but if its in a religious book with no proof then it's all good.

You are tripping yourself up fighting your flawed arguement and resorting to inane insults.

I apologize for the insults' date=' but where is my argument flawed? I think it's rock solid. Just because you disagree doesn't mean it's flawed. Show me.

You cannot accept my opinion but I will not absorb your overwritten hyped excuses for a higher power we must thank.

Of course you don't have to accept it if you don't wish. Believe whatever you want. But we do have Freedom of Speech to talk about it or not as we see fit. That's very important.

Exactly' date=' boxing is a completely different story, and personally a sport I have no time for at the professional level.

I absolutely can not see that an accident causing death could occur within the UFC. Other MMA fight promotions, yes, but the UFC is so legislated that it would have to be a freak accident.

Everyone speaks of "the brutality" but you forget that these guy's bodies are so conditioned that the punishment they are receiving is all repairable. It's not street fighting, its elite sport.[/quote']

Tell that to Chuck

Haha' date=' religious people are funny. If i told you i was talking to god and he was talking back you would say i was crazy, but if its in a religious book with no proof then it's all good.[/quote']

Is "proof" something that "faith" and "belief" require in order to work?

No, I would call you crazy if you attempted to confine the intangibility of the spirit to the rules of materialistic earth-bound applications. I hope that's not what you are doing, is it?

[b']That implies that you really believe that someone who doesn't believe in God will spend an eternity in a Lake of Fire. Pretty psychotic of you. If I really believed that I'd run around frantically telling everyone I knew so as to save them from this 'hell' no pun intended. [/b]

It doesn't instantly falsify it at all, it simply is a witness testimony that should not be accepted as anything but that. There are many mediums we use to determine whether claims are factual or not. For instance, if a man approached you today raving about the powers of the great god Zeus, and how he controls the weather - you probably wouldn't believe him under the assumption that you grew up in this generation and have a passing understanding of meteorology. 4,000 years ago, you might believe him considering you really have no idea how the weather works. There are tens of thousands of individuals who claim they have been abducted by aliens. I don't believe them - but not because a witness testimony is falsifying evidence, because there is no ACTUAL evidence.

Faith is the suspension of reason and question, and the belief of something without evidence for it is a huge huge problem in our current society and throughout history. No argument for that.

That doesn't make any sense and is not even remotely true.

Sweet.

Use that same logic with the rest of your religion

Why are they not ever mentioned in the bible or quran?

Very much so.

You are a fool

Some are.

How do you decide which are and which aren't? By whatever fits conveniently with your ideological mindframe. Get outta here.

I just have to reply to MRasheed on this one; He has quite some convoluted ideas and unique world views, that would not be shared by the majority of other Christians etc. (not surprisingly since the bible can be interpreted in an infinite amount of ways - why there are thousands of different denominations in the USA alone).

First off, the bible does claim the earth is 6 000 - 10 000 years old. You can do the calculations yourself, not take that theologians word on it. You can track Adam and Eve's lineage all the way down to Jesus. I assure you the result will be 4 000 to 8 000 year old earth in the year "0".

Next up, the bible got most everything wrong. During the creation story, it said that water existed before the universe or earth. Day and night existed before the sun. Light existed before the sun. Making matters even worse, god spent the majority of the days creating the earth, while only 1 day to create the rest of the universe. The list of mistakes and wrong assertions in the bible can go on literally forever, and one would expect to be 0 mistakes since it was inspired the god, the perfect being, creator of everything.

Of course this is assuming you believe the bible is the word of god, and that those people did talk to god, which you say you do. The question is, how do you know that they did talk to god, and how do you know that it is in fact gods word? Please tell us how you know, because if you are right, this knowledge you have might save us from eternal damnation, and would be highly important to share with us.

To the OP: You are wrong on one fundamental assertion, that a true Christian would never hit/harm another. In the bible, god orders killings, rape, commits genocide, infanticide, slavery is endorsed, beatings are endorsed. Also, one of the most despicable things is introduced as well: the concept of THOUGHT CRIME. You do not even have to do something, but even if you THINK it, you committed a sin.

In the end MRasheed, how do you know god exists, the bible is inspired by god, jesus was gods son, and that the bible is true and accurate?

Apparently God is very picky with who he deems worthy of his strength' date=' determination, health and so forth. My cousin died at 7 of leukemia. Our whole family is Catholic - and you can bet your *** they prayed day and night for that boy to recover. He died, and needless to say his parents haven't been the same since. It devastated a lot of us, he was an entirely innocent good hearted child. He had a painful and sad death - but apparently God is more interested in Tony Fergusson's ability to preform when the time comes. You idiots.[/quote']

God tests us all with both adversity and prosperity. Each person's path is different as well as their personal strengths and weaknesses. We cannot presume to know what each person's purpose is; there are countless factors that go into each individual journey. Only God can plan them all.

The death of a child is only a tragedy for the living. The child is okay, you just can't see it yet.

How do you decide which are and which aren't? By whatever fits conveniently with your ideological mindframe.

No, by what God said in His Book. Where else?

Is "proof" something that "faith" and "belief" require in order to work?

No' date=' I would call you crazy if you attempted to confine the intangibility of the spirit to the rules of materialistic earth-bound applications. I hope that's not what you are doing, is it?[/quote']

Well that was kind of my point. Blind faith and belief just don't make sense to an intelligent and logical person. If i told you i could fly but offered no proof and just said take it on faith would you? Believing something without proof is just your opinion that it's true it doesn't make it fact.

I apologize for the insults' date=' but where is my argument flawed? I think it's rock solid. Just because you disagree doesn't mean it's flawed. Show me.

Of course you don't have to accept it if you don't wish. Believe whatever you want. But we do have Freedom of Speech to talk about it or not as we see fit. That's very important.[/quote']

Thank you for the apology. I wasnt actually hurt though ;) (I may have been if I did have greasy hair issues)

Your arguement will always be flawed to me until I see proof.

I accept all you say about the freedom of speech. Its just that our conversation was initiated from a miscommunicated post of mine at the start of this thread.

Now we have all that cleared up and we seem to be all square...

I apologize to you as it was I who called GOD followers Lemmings. I have see you blame Brady, but it was I who said it :P

Have a nice day :-)

God tests us all with both adversity and prosperity. Each person's path is different as well as their personal strengths and weaknesses. We cannot presume to know what each person's purpose is; there are countless factors that go into each individual journey. Only God can plan them all.

The death of a child is only a tragedy for the living. The child is okay' date=' you just can't see it yet.[/quote']

You are a weak minded ******.

"each person's path is different"

So your God knowingly made my cousin suffer through weeks of chemo and have a horrible death because 'each person's path is different'. What a pathetic and shallow way to justify the suffering of another person. If God planned it all why don't we all live ****ing happy healthy lives without war? Hell why would he even make me an atheist. Your logic is not logic at all, it is the mark of a blind believer who buys into iron age myths and ignores science. You are too far gone to separate yourself from your ridiculous beliefs even if you have some atheist viewpoints in the back of your head. You won't even acknowledge the healthy skepticism of atheists or the importance of demanding evidence. You are a sheep in every way.

Theres nothing more rediculous than grown men beating each other and then making a reference to angels or Jesus looking out for them. Lol....I'm willing to bet if Jesus was alive today' date=' he wouldn't buy stock in The UFC.

Conversations and comments in regards to MMA should never involve religious figures. It's sad and a desperately obvious way to justify grown men beating each other up for money, fame and ego....let's keep it real.

Amen.[/quote']

Assume that a fighter's father had passed away prior to his first fight in the UFC. Now assume the guy wins his fight and says "I know my father is in heaven, looking down and still watching over me."

Would you still make a stupid thread trying to clown on the fighter?

Well it's the same thing with Jesus. Christians believe that he is their Father.

Let me guess, you are either in highschool or perhaps a freshman in college. It's okay homie, soon you will have enough real world experiences to appreciate tolerance of other people's beliefs. Hang in their bud, and try to lay off the weed.

I just have to reply to MRasheed on this one; He has quite some convoluted ideas and unique world views' date=' that would not be shared by the majority of other Christians etc. (not surprisingly since the bible can be interpreted in an infinite amount of ways - why there are thousands of different denominations in the USA alone).[/quote']

I'm not Christian, Polymerase. I'm Muslim.

My loyalties are to Islam first, and to the other believers in the Abrahamic Religions second.

First off' date=' the bible does claim the earth is 6 000 - 10 000 years old. You can do the calculations yourself, not take that theologians word on it. You can track Adam and Eve's lineage all the way down to Jesus. I assure you the result will be 4 000 to 8 000 year old earth in the year "0".[/quote']

Not so. There are way too many "once upon a time" like statements along the way for it to be taken at full, scientifically literally true, face value like that. Try me.

Next up' date=' the bible got most everything wrong. During the creation story, it said that water existed before the universe or earth. Day and night existed before the sun. Light existed before the sun. Making matters even worse, god spent the majority of the days creating the earth, while only 1 day to create the rest of the universe. The list of mistakes and wrong assertions in the bible can go on literally forever, and one would expect to be 0 mistakes since it was inspired the god, the perfect being, creator of everything.[/quote']

They are clearly not mistakes, but metaphorical and poetic descriptions. The Scriptures never claimed to be a science book. Only those that hate it in favor of a Godless, humanist/materialistic worldview attempt to shoehorn it into a box it was never trying to be in.

Of course this is assuming you believe the bible is the word of god' date=' and that those people did talk to god, which you say you do. The question is, how do you know that they did talk to god, and how do you know that it is in fact gods word?[/quote']

Because I have faith that that is true. That's how it works. It is clear in the Scriptures that you will be punished or rewarded by how much faith you exert in this matter.

In the end MRasheed' date=' how do you know god exists, the bible is inspired by god...[/quote']

I have faith that this is so.

...jesus was gods son...

As a Muslim I reject the divinity and/or divine sonship that Christians impose upon Christ Jesus the son of Mary.

...and that the bible is true and accurate?

The Qur'an is true and accurate and so are the parts of the bible that the Qur'an confirms.