Brady969

Fighters That Praise Jesus And Little Angels After A Fight.

These forums are for talking about the UFC. What the fighters believe in, or what they do before or after the fight is irrelevant. And I don;t think it's going to make this thread stop, but I'm just hoping for ppl to read it and back me up so I know not all is lost in the empty minds of the "fans" of the UFC

You'd be better off hating the rejection of God.

let me tell you why i hate converts wheter they are jewish muslim or catholic

if you betray your own people religion and or race whats to insure you are not going to do it again

let me tell you why i hate converts wheter they are jewish muslim or catholic... if you betray your own people religion and or race whats to insure you are not going to do it again

Are you not in the process of converting to atheism? Did you not several times say that you tend to side with atheists and that you don't care what God says in the Qur'an? By your own logic does that not make you a traitor to the proud tradition of the Islamic World you were born into?

Should you not hate yourself then?

btw In the Qur'an God talks about the unbelievers of old who were resistant to accepting the Religion of Truth because they preferred to follow the traditions of their ancestors for mere loyalty. They are destined for hell. The best thing that ever happened to me was discovering Islam so that I may prosper. You hold the knowledge in your hands and yet you reject it. How hot the fire will burn for you if you do not turn back!

Are you not in the process of converting to atheism? Did you not several times say that you tend to side with atheists and that you don't care what God says in the Qur'an? By your own logic does that not make you a traitor to the proud tradition of the Islamic World you were born into?

btw In the Qur'an God talks about the unbelievers of old who were resistant to accepting the Religion of Truth because they preferred to follow the traditions of their ancestors for mere loyalty. They are destined for hell. The best thing that ever happened to me was discovering Islam so that I may prosper. You hold the knowledge in your hands and yet you reject it. How hot the fire will burn for you if you do not turn back!

Again, you cannot use quoran and bible quotes saying they are gods word. You have not established that they are gods words and wishes. Until you do so you cannot say this is what god has said. What do you not understand?

And you admit that your train of thought has a logical fallacy in it, yet you do not care, because logic does not apply to your belief and faith. How seriously mentally ill are you? Logic applies everywhere. If you want to make the claim that our logic is flawed, you have to present logic for that statement as well.

And I have to say your "abstract" excuses is hilarious. By the way, the measuring the dreams with the ruler analogy is false. It is like saying measure the weight of a water particle with a ruler. Tell you what, how about we measure a dream with electricity and electrochemical potentials across neuronal membranes and synapses?

Just so you know, all evidence points that our feelings, thoughts and dreams have a physical, materialistic existence, not a fairy tale divine/spirit cause.

Onwards with your delusions, sir!

no i did not betray anything because i was born and raised this way

for me it goes like this

1.me

2.family

3.country(bosnia)

4.bjj

5.friends

6.religion

and thats the way i was raised and almost everyone in my country

for my uncle and father and grandfather it was like this

1.him

2.family

3.country(yugoslavia)

4.army(partisans)

5.friends

6.religion ( exept for my grandfather he is a fullblown communist no religion at all

Again' date=' you cannot use quoran and bible quotes saying they are gods word.[/quote']

Why not? And based on who's rules?

You have not established that they are gods words and wishes.

I don't have to; He did.

Until you do so you cannot...

You're a funny little man. I love all this power you think you possess. It's awesome. I've got goose bumps!

...say this is what god has said. What do you not understand?

God said it and I bear witness to the fact. If you accept that fact you are a believer. If you reject it you are a disbeliever. See how it works? Does that help your own puny understanding?

And you admit that your train of thought has a logical fallacy in it' date=' yet you do not care, because logic does not apply to your belief and faith. [/quote']

NOW YOU'RE GETTING IT! You win a cookie! Congrats!

How seriously mentally ill are you? Logic applies everywhere.

[takes cookie back]

If you want to make the claim that our logic is flawed' date=' you have to present logic for that statement as well.[/quote']

Materialistic logic has no jurisdiction within the realm of spirit. You can't get more logical than that. As much as I am tempted to, I refuse to accept that you simply don't understand that concept. You are clearly trolling in an attempt to bait me into having the type of weird religious debate you are used to having. You might as well give it up. Accept the argument on my terms or throw in the towel. Otherwise we are at a stalemate.

And I have to say your "abstract" excuses is hilarious.

:)

I'm willing to wait for you to catch up so we can have a REAL debate.

By the way' date=' the measuring the dreams with the ruler analogy is false. It is like saying measure the weight of a water particle with a ruler.[/quote']

Noooo... dreams are not even remotely physical enough to use any kind of traditional tool, just like spiritual concepts are. At least you are able to actually find a tool that will enable you to measure the weight of a water particle. What are you going to measure the length of a dream with? My analogy was better.

Tell you what' date=' how about we measure a dream with electricity and electrochemical potentials across neuronal membranes and synapses?[/quote']

You do it and then tell me how that works out for you. I'll wait.

Just so you know' date=' all evidence points that our feelings, thoughts and dreams have a physical, materialistic existence, not a fairy tale divine/spirit cause.[/quote']

Hence the term "analogy." You are a piece of work. Let me help you out:

analogy - 1.) agreement or similarity, esp in a certain limited number of features or details 2.) a comparison made to show such a similarity

It's not an exact comparison by it's nature. Get it now? smh

Why' date=' because you don't have a real response?

You referred to me as a 'lemming' for choosing to accept my Lord's word as true. I took offense at that. I decided to take pot shots at you in return. If you don't like it, then you should control your tongue better when talking about other people and their most cherished beliefs.

It won't be a debate until you actually read the Scriptures and know what you are actually talking about on the topic. If you can't match me point by point with scriptural proof to back what you think Jesus was like, then you are only wasting my time by responding. Seriously.

As far as the orthodox western understanding of the topic is concerned, Jesus never took a wife or had kids either, so by your WWJD? Keychain logic, the believer shouldn't either. Jesus didn't drive a car, so none of us should? Jesus never played baseball, so we should all give that up?

Your argument is absolutely ridiculous. Jesus personally probably would not enjoy MMA as a form of entertainment, but there is no evidence in anyway that he would've outright condemned it.

I see that, as usual, it's a badge that defines someone who has a lot to say about a subject they know absolutely nothing about.[/quote']

The lemming comment was made by someone else...again,you are confused.

I spent many years reading scripture and listened to people like you defend it or try to explain what it means. Everyone has a different opinion...here's mine when it comes to violent sports....the bible, God nor Jesus would promote or accept it. Like everyone else who reads the Bible, you'll have your own interpretation and spread your own views on it.

Good luck with that.

no i did not betray anything because i was born and raised this way

You were raised to "almost always side with atheists" and to not care what God says in the Qur'an?

You are most certainly betraying the Lord who created you with your skewed sense of loyalty. Will your family save you on the Last Day? Will your friends speak up for you and take the scorching fire on your behalf? Will your country take on all of your sins and disbelief so that you will not be punished?

No?

Then bow down to Allah, Lord of All the Worlds and get back on the Path before it is too late.

The lemming comment was made by someone else...again' date='you are confused.[/quote']

We already settled that. I'll wait for you to catch up. You missed a funny line (if I may say so :) )

And I'm rarely confused. Especially when surrounded by atheists. Again get your game up.

I spent many years reading scripture...

I doubt it. No offense.

...and listened to people like you defend it or try to explain what it means. Everyone has a different opinion...here's mine when it comes to violent sports....the bible' date=' God nor Jesus would promote or accept it. Like everyone else who reads the Bible, you'll have your own interpretation and spread your own views on it.

Good luck with that.[/quote']

In the end we will all find out where we were wrong and where we were right and no one will be wronged in the least. To you be your way, and to me be mine. Peace.

You were raised to "almost always side with atheists" and to not care what God says in the Qur'an?

no i was raised like this do not show your religion to other people don not exagerate religion

when you are at a party consume as much alchohol as possible

the last part was a joke

i'm what you call a cultural muslim go ahead google it

my country was was communist till the early nineties so religion was frowned upon and many people in my family are still hard core communists and still even to this day mourn the death of yugoslavia tito and communism get it

no i was raised like this do not show your religion to other people don not exagerate religion

when you are at a party consume as much alchohol as possible

the last part was a joke

i'm what you call a cultural muslim go ahead google it

my country was was communist till the early nineties so religion was frowned upon and many people in my family are still hard core communists and still even to this day mourn the death of yugoslavia tito and communism get it

*sigh*

bosnianbjj I know very much what a so-called "cultural Muslim" is. Did you think I would not? The concept is directly responsible for why the Golden Age of Islam is over, and why we no longer lead the world. What you are describing with your mention of the history of communism in your country is the ripe seeds for a true Holy War. It was your people's responsibility to fight these oppressors in the Name of God... fight, and Fight, and FIGHT them until you beat them back forever or died in the attempt as a martyr. God's way is the truth, and in my opinion, there is no excuse for the people of God to lie down and accept defeat at the hands of the hellbound. Did you think God would not be on your side??? You were on the side of Truth!!

You need to seriously rethink your position on this issue.

To believe in a God is to believe in the supernatural. The supernatural (real or fake) is to defy reason.. defy logic... therefor MRasheed doesn't need to be logical (which he clearly isn't). If he decided to use logic and reason he would not have faith. You two are speaking different languages... which is why this argument will lead to nothing until somebody decides to completely alter the foundation upon which their thought processes go. The end?

To believe in a God is to believe in the supernatural. The supernatural (real or fake) is to defy reason.. defy logic... therefor MRasheed doesn't need to be logical (which he clearly isn't).

Oh' date=' I am very logical. Only the fool would deny it. The problem is that you are offended that I do not accept the atheistic stance, or fit into a preconceived concept of what is a religious person. There are specific rules that apply to the material, and specific rules that apply to "other." "Other" is a singularity (or functions as the same) and requires a whole new set of physics/logic/reason to negotiate through. It is the true [i']Final Frontier. [/i]

If he decided to use logic and reason he would not have faith.

In truth it was exactly my logic and reason that led to my Faith. Atheists have no monopoly on logic and reason, they only wish they did.

*sigh*

bosnianbjj I know very much what a so-called "cultural Muslim" is. Did you think I would not? The concept is directly responsible for why the Golden Age of Islam is over' date=' and why we no longer lead the world. What you are describing with your mention of the history of communism in your country is the ripe seeds for a true Holy War. It was your people's responsibility to fight these oppressors in the Name of God... fight, and Fight, and FIGHT them until you beat them back forever or died in the attempt as a martyr. God's way is the truth, and in my opinion, there is no excuse for the people of God to lie down and accept defeat at the hands of the hellbound. Did you think God would not be on your side??? You were on the side of Truth!!

You need to seriously rethink your position on this issue.[/quote']

laaaawl again in my country we don't give 2 ishs about religion never did and never will

get it

and btw i love communism

EDIT: do not talk to me about war son my country has seen enough of that first world war in my region was because of faights second one also and the war in the nineties also but the time in between was communism that was a time of piece a time of "brotherhood and unity " look that quote up and while you are at it look this up also "I am the leader of one country which has two alphabets, three languages, four religions, five nationalities, six republics, surrounded by seven neighbours, a country in which live eight ethnic minorities." shows you how a athiest made peace between 3 religions

It would do them just as much good if they thanked Santa Clause or the Easter Bunny. But the world is filled with people that want to believe there is something left for them after death other then becoming worm food. I'm an obvious atheist, but I do believe if religion makes you an actual better person then it serves a positive purpose. The problem being is the majority of the time it only ends in negative results; war, genocide, priests raping boys, and the list goes on. More people have been killed in the name of religion then every other death in history combined.

laaaawl again in my country we don't give 2 ishs about religion never did and never will

You should.

btw i love communism

Stop calling yourself a Muslim. It is not accurate.

do not talk to me about war son my country has seen enough of that first world war in my region was because of faights second one also and the war in the nineties also but the time in between was communism that was a time of piece a time of "brotherhood and unity "

There is only only type of war that counts... a war for truth.

look that quote up and while you are at it look this up also "I am the leader of one country which has two alphabets' date=' three languages, four religions, five nationalities, six republics, surrounded by seven neighbours, a country in which live eight ethnic minorities." shows you how a athiest made peace between 3 religions[/quote']

When the atheist corporatists sniff out the wealth underneath your people's feet, we'll see how peaceful it remains.

You should.

Stop calling yourself a Muslim. It is not accurate.

do not talk to me about war son my country has seen enough of that first world war in my region was because of faights second one also and the war in the nineties also but the time in between was communism that was a time of piece a time of "brotherhood and unity "

There is only only type of war that counts... a war for truth.

When the atheist corporatists sniff out the wealth underneath your people's feet' date=' we'll see how peaceful it remains.[/quote']

dude now you are just sounding like a brainwashed retard wich you probably are

and i can also see you haven't looked up the quotes i told you too here i will help you

and the last one shows a once great country muslims catholics and orthodox christians all crying together for the death of their great athiest leader

We already settled that. I'll wait for you to catch up. You missed a funny line (if I may say so :) )

And I'm rarely confused. Especially when surrounded by atheists. Again get your game up.

I doubt it. No offense.

In the end we will all find out where we were wrong and where we were right and no one will be wronged in the least. To you be your way' date=' and to me be mine. Peace.[/quote']

I did miss the funny line...I'm in the middle of cooking dinner for my wife. My beliefs allow me o do that and don't force women to cook or cover their face. Ummm yeah, I spent

years trapped in a religious home but I'm living a very happy life now as an atheist making observations that I wouldn't be able to make if I was trapped into one way of thinking. Be good man and I enjoyed the conversation even if it got a little heated. Again, thanks for the respect.

It would do them just as much good if they thanked Santa Clause or the Easter Bunny.

What books did they reveal?

But the world is filled with people that want to believe there is something left for them after death other then becoming worm food.

Our religion is our humanizing factor and what separates us from the animals. It birthed our civilizations.

I'm an obvious atheist' date=' but I do believe if religion makes you an actual better person then it serves a positive purpose. The problem being is the majority of the time it only ends in negative results; war, genocide, priests raping boys, and the list goes on.[/quote']

Religion steers people away from those things. No Abrahamic religion told anyone to commit genocide, rape or start an unjust war. People did that on their own program without the sanction of the Word of God. This is deviant behavior, not religious behavior.

More people have been killed in the name of religion then every other death in history combined.

Millions and millions of people were killed by the communist regimes, more than all of the people that existed since the last ice age. More people die and are victimized by raw greed than from religion.

and i can also see you haven't looked up the quotes i told you too here i will help you...

Don't bother. I'm not interested in your opinions on the topic. You have nothing to teach. Let's meet in the regular MMA threads and discuss things we have actually in common.

and the last one shows a once great country muslims catholics and orthodox christians all crying together for the death of their great athiest leader

You've already explained that your people have a history of lying down and accepting defeat at the hands of hellbound atheists instead of fighting for their souls' date=' so how would I be surprised by this?

dude now you are just sounding like a brainwashed retard wich you probably are

You sound like a hellbound retard. Does that make us even?

I hope your patriotism, family and friends can save you from the Pit. Good luck!

Theres nothing more rediculous than grown men beating each other and then making a reference to angels or Jesus looking out for them. Lol....I'm willing to bet if Jesus was alive today' date=' he wouldn't buy stock in The UFC.

Conversations and comments in regards to MMA should never involve religious figures. It's sad and a desperately obvious way to justify grown men beating each other up for money, fame and ego....let's keep it real.

Amen.[/quote']

I did a post about this a couple years ago. The thread got shut down on me though. At the end I couldn't agree more. I don't the least bit believe this is a God, but I'm O.K. with people believing, but it drives me nuts when people thank God for giving them the ability to K.O. some one.

I'm in the middle of cooking dinner for my wife. My beliefs allow me o do that and don't force women to cook or cover their face.

lol I told you I'm Muslim' date=' not Arab. I don't treat women like crap. That's not Islamic. The Arabs however have a looong history of misogyny that pre-dates Islam. Now they just use their status as a [i']People of the Book[/i] in an attempt to justify it, but people in the know aren't fooled.

Ummm yeah' date=' I spent years trapped in a religious home but I'm living a very happy life now as an atheist making observations that I wouldn't be able to make if I was trapped into one way of thinking. [/quote']

You are implying that my brain shut off once I became Muslim? lol The only difference between us is that I choose to recognize my Lord as True. I am neither brainwashed nor unable to make observations.

Be good man and I enjoyed the conversation even if it got a little heated. Again' date=' thanks for the respect.[/quote']

Peace!

Don't bother. I'm not interested in your opinions on the topic. You have nothing to teach. Let's meet in the regular MMA threads and discuss things we have actually in common.

You've already explained that your people have a history of lying down and accepting defeat at the hands of hellbound atheists instead of fighting for their souls' date=' so how would I be surprised by this?

[/b']

You sound like a hellbound retard. Does that make us even?

I hope your patriotism, family and friends can save you from the Pit. Good luck!

dude you know nothing of my people we have existed for more then 2000 years we where in tons of wars

and you are also stupid i'm trying to teach you something about history but you are to brainwashed to learn

This entire debate is un-endable to be honest.

Yes i see Brady's point it is violence but i also see mine and Rasheed's point.

This open's a whole new question...

Do you watch MMA or any combat sport for the violence and to see someone in pain or for the beauty of technique and speed and power that human's are capable of possessing?

Is any other sport so different?

I watch it for the skill of technique done well. The fighters I dislike the most are the brawlers who show little skill but only brute determination and aggression. The ones I like the most are the fighters who train to develop their natural gifts to their optimum levels through correct technique (and temper it with determination, aggression and heart).

dude you know nothing of my people we have existed for more then 2000 years we where in tons of wars

And every single one of them are going to hell if they died acting like you.

and you are also stupid i'm trying to teach you something about history but you are to brainwashed to learn

Save it for Hitler and the rest of the new friends you make down there.

And every single one of them are going to hell if they died acting like you.

Save it for Hitler and the rest of the new friends you make down there.

laaaaaaaaaaaaaaawl damn you are stupid

Ramsey is a muslim.

I was happy to see his *** kicked, and he wore his traditional muslim garbadge out to the octagon. You didn't make any remarks about that.

Because atheists are big ******* who hate on christianity, they pretend like seeing someone praying offends them, because they are big ******* that make mountains out of mole hills.

Religion plays a major role in some fighters lives.

That said Brady you are a pathetic troll.

I would not go that far. It is a brutal contact sport and accidents do happen. Many people have died in boxing over the years and it is infinitely safer than MMA competitions.

Really now? Boxing is infinitely more safer than MMA competitions? What? I'm curious. Sir, how did you come to this conclusion? ... O.o ...

I'm an atheist but my original point was about how silly it sounds to praise the most peaceful man of all time in the most violent sport of all time....see the irony? MRasheed doesn't see it or doesn't want to.

This is one of those examples of your ignorance getting in the way of you convincing me your point is right. Jesus didn't have a problem kicking butt when he needed to. Your view of him comes from pop cultural caricatures and not from the bible.

And there is nothing kooky about a victorious sportsman thanking God for seeing him through to the end safe.

Really now? Boxing is infinitely more safer than MMA competitions? What? I'm curious. Sir' date=' how did you come to this conclusion? ... O.o ...[/quote']

Well, people usually don't get their joints hyper-extended in boxing, or their faces pulverized by elbows/knees, slammed on their head, the oxygen choked off from reaching their brain until they pass out, etc. The MMA fighter has far more lethal tools at his disposal, plus his gloves are much smaller.

I'm curious as to why you wouldn't think boxing is safer.

They don't thank god for winning necessarily.

But for seeing them through to the end. Keeping him safe and uninjured throughout camp. Providing motivation and drive when they wanted to give up.

Well' date=' people usually don't get their joints hyper-extended in boxing, or their faces pulverized by elbows/knees, slammed on their head, the oxygen choked off from reaching their brain until they pass out, etc. The MMA fighter has far more lethal tools at his disposal, plus his gloves are much smaller.

I'm curious as to why you [u']wouldn't[/u] think boxing is safer.

Why isn't Boxing safer? I'm sure others can tell you better, but how about the fact that fighters are allowed a 10 count? Their brains get rattled, they're given a 10 count to get back up and have their brains get rattled over and over. Where as in MMA, your brains usually get rattled all but once simply because the referee will stop it via TKO or KO (You're not allowed a 10 count). O.o ...

MRasheed should get a ban or at least suspension from these forums for threatening people with eternal damnation. How dare you MRasheed threaten us with the pit of hell, lake of fire and eternal punishment, just because we do not take anything on faith? You should be ashamed of yourself and your hateful bigoted threats. You religious folk that threaten people with eternal punishment for doing nothing wrong is completely appalling.

How dare you people? I would be banned from here going around and threatening to kill people, yet you threaten us with infinite punishment, a fate worse than just dying. Shame on you and on your dogmatic beliefs.

They don't thank god for winning necessarily.

But for seeing them through to the end. Keeping him safe and uninjured throughout camp. Providing motivation and drive when they wanted to give up.

Exactly.

Why isn't Boxing safer? I'm sure others can tell you better' date=' but how about the fact that fighters are allowed a 10 count? Their brains get rattled, they're given a 10 count to get back up and have their brains get rattled over and over. Where as in MMA, your brains usually get rattled all but once simply because the referee will stop it via TKO or KO (You're not allowed a 10 count). O.o ...[/quote']

You have an excellent point, but I think a barrage of knees or elbows or kicks to the head are far more forceful than any punch could ever be, and it might be an even amount of damage all told. Quality versus quantity.

You have an excellent point' date=' but I think a barrage of knees or elbows or kicks to the head are far more forceful than any punch could ever be, and it might be an even amount of damage all told. Quality versus quantity.[/quote']

You would think so but you actually see the majority of ko's/tko's as a result of punches as opposed to the others.

MRasheed should get a ban or at least suspension from these forums for threatening people with eternal damnation. How dare you MRasheed threaten us with the pit of hell' date=' lake of fire and eternal punishment, just because we do not take anything on faith? You should be ashamed of yourself and your hateful bigoted threats. You religious folk that threaten people with eternal punishment for doing nothing wrong is completely appalling.

How dare you people? I would be banned from here going around and threatening to kill people, yet you threaten us with infinite punishment, a fate worse than just dying. Shame on you and on your dogmatic beliefs.[/quote']

Poly I don't have a hell to put anyone in. What do you think that I will show up with handcuffs to escort you to hell? I'm clearly not threatening, I'm just explaining what the Book says the consequences for unbelief are. That's all. I'm not a supernatural being who can actually threaten with supernatural punishments. I'm just a mortal like you who will also go to hell if I mess up.

You have an excellent point' date=' but I think a barrage of knees or elbows or kicks to the head are far more forceful than any punch could ever be, and it might be an even amount of damage all told. Quality versus quantity.[/quote']

Getting your brain completely shut off and restarted only to be shut off and restarted over and over is much more dangerous PERMANENT damage than what any "barrage of knees or elbows or kicks to the head" can do.

No hes not a troll actually hes pretty good at actually debating stuff in a civilized manner with facts. I know that scares the crap outta people though..

He continuously multi-posts and then goes on to bump this thread just to add "Exactly." (Lol ...) Furthermore, it appears that throughout the course of this thread, he continuously played pick and choose with posts, of posters in which he was actively debating with. And of course while doing so, he claimed victory in winning the internets. Certainly smells like a troll to me.

You would think so but you actually see the majority of ko's/tko's as a result of punches as opposed to the others.

Yeah, but in this particular case, we were talking about safety in MMA versus boxing, and I think the raw force of a blow from a knee or shin to the head would more likely result in a mortal injury.

Getting your brain completely shut off and restarted only to be shut off and restarted over and over is much more dangerous PERMANENT damage than what any "barrage of knees or elbows or kicks to the head" can do.

It's possible. If it proves true maybe it will result in changes in how the boxing industry does things.