Jump to content

BispingTheBeast

Members
  • Content Count

    251
  • Joined

  • Last visited

    Never

Community Reputation

0 Neutral
  1. Ex-Strikeforce women's featherweight champ Cristiane "Cyborg" Santos (10-1) is not fighting UFC women's bantamweight champ Ronda Rousey (6-0 MMA, 0-0 UFC). Not yet, at least. Santos on Wednesday told MMAjunkie.com (http://www.mmajunkie.com) that a notice on the UFC's Portguese-language website announcing a fight between the women at UFC 157 is the "wrong information." She did, however, say that negotiations for the fight are underway, and said that she could fight at 135 pounds. "In one month, I can't do it, but if I have time, I could do it," said Santos, who added that her management is currently negotiating with the UFC. UFC 157 takes place Feb. 23 in Anaheim, Calif., which is Rousey's Southern California home turf. The card does not yet have an announced main event, though a light heavyweight fight between Lyoto Machida and Dan Henderson has been targeted for the show. Santos clarified that she could compete at UFC 157 at 145 pounds, but needed additional time to drop to the 135-pound limit needed to vie for Rousey's title. The conditions are a stark reversal for Santos, whose doctor recently said she would be unable to cut to 135 pounds without seriously affecting her health. Word of the possible matchup quickly made Internet rounds. A UFC official said the posting was in error and the fight is not planned for UFC 157 or any upcoming card. The two share a heated rivalry stoked by several interviews. Rousey has taken aim at Santos' suspension for steroids, which came following a fight nearly a year ago against Hiroko Yamanaka and led to her being stripped of the featherweight belt. And Santos has repeatedly voiced her desire to silence the outspoken champ. Santos' suspension, a one-year term handed down by the California State Athletic Commission, which oversaw the bout, expires on Dec. 17. Rousey most recently fought in August, when she defended her Strikeforce belt with a first-round submission of ex-champ Sarah Kaufman. UFC President Dana White recently said she would be the first woman to fight in the UFC and also would become the inaugural UFC women's bantamweight champ.
  2. UFC Bantamweight Renan Barao got the opportunity of a lifetime in July at UFC 149. When 135 lb. champion Dominick Cruz was forced to pull out of his fight with Urijah Faber because of an injury, Barao got the tap to fight for the interim title. After 25 minutes Renan was awarded the unanimous decision and his first UFC title. After the victory over Faber, Barao came out saying he'd rather wait for Cruz to return from injury than defend his interim title. Now, with the recent news that Cruz's injury hiatus has been extended, it looks like Barao's plans have changed. MMA Fighting's Ariel Helwani confirmed the news on his Twitter account: Ariel Helwani ✔ @arielhelwani As just reported on @UFCTonight, @danawhite told me Barao vs. McDonald is 100% going down in '13 for the interim 135-pound belt. Date TBD. 4 Dec 12 ReplyRetweetFavorite Michael McDonald has been working his way up the Bantamweight ladder. He's undefeated at 4-0 in the UFC. In his last bout he knocked out former 135 lb. kingpin Miguel Torres in the first round.
  3. A featherweight bout between "The Ultimate Fighter 15" cast member Andy Ogle (8-2 MMA, 0-1 UFC) and former No. 1 contender Josh Grispi (14-4 MMA, 0-3 UFC) is expected to to be part of UFC on FUEL TV 7 in London. Fighters Only first reported the bout, and Ogle later hinted at the likely matchup on Twitter, though UFC officials have made no formal announcement. UFC on FUEL TV 7 takes place Feb. 16 at historic Wembley Arena in London. The event's main card airs on FUEL TV following prelims on Facebook. Ogle vs. Grispi likely would be part of the prelims. Ogle appeared on "TUF 15" earlier this year after posting a seven-fight win streak on the U.K. regional circuit. However, after a semifinal finish on the reality show, he wasn't medically cleared to compete at the live finale and instead fought Akira Corassani at UFC on FUEL TV 5. Ogle, though, suffered a split-decision loss. He's now in a must-win situation, as is his opponent Grispi, whose promised title shot with UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo was delayed due to the titleholder's injury. In his UFC debut, the WEC vet instead fought Dustin Poirier and suffered a decision loss, which snapped his 10-fight win streak. Grispi then suffered additional losses to George Roop and Rani Yahya to bring his current losing streak to three fights. For more on UFC on FUEL TV 7, stay tuned to the UFC Rumors section of the site.
  4. A knee injury has forced former champion Forrest Griffin (19-7 MMA, 10-5 UFC) out of this month's UFC 155 co-headliner with light-heavyweight contender Phil Davis (10-1 MMA, 6-1 UFC). UFC President Dana White today announced the news. He made no mention of a possible replacement. UFC 155 takes place Dec. 29 at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. Griffin and Davis were part of the pay-per-view main card, which follows prelims on FX and Facebook. "Forrest Has MCL tear and ACL strain," White tweeted. "20 cc's of blood removed from his knee and the saga continues at the UFC!!" He gave no timetable for Girffin's return. Griffin originally was scheduled to fight Chael Sonnen on the card. However, Sonnen ultimately was pulled from the fight so he could begin a coaching stint opposite Jon Jones on "The Ultimate Fighter 17." That opened the door for Davis. Griffin beat Tito Ortiz by unanimous decision back in July at UFC 148. Prior to that, Mauricio "Shogun" Rua stopped him at UFC 134 in 2011. But the win over Ortiz gave him three wins in his past four fights. Davis got back in the win column with a victory over Wagner Prado back in October at UFC 153. It was his first win since a March 2011 victory over Antonio Rogerio Nogueira. In the main event of UFC on FOX 2, Davis dropped a unanimous decision to Rashad Evans. He followed that up in August against Prado at UFC on FOX 4, but an accidental eye poke left Prado unable to continue, and the bout was declared a no-contest. For more on UFC 155, stay tuned to the UFC Rumors section of the site.
  5. I would've finished him earlier but "he's such a big oaf"
  6. Shogun tko late in round 1. It'll look similiar to how he ko'd my boy machida. Alex likes to throw str8 punches then switch stances in the same place he throw the punch from. thus this is why it ends in tko victory for slogun
  7. i got edwards via sub or ud. He'll control the striking, peppering jeremy the entire night. he'll go for the occasionally td just to throw jeremy off, but will end getting few, that nay end up in a sub loss for a worn down stephens.
  8. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Jn_SMszJW9M Finally, Seagal responed to a comment of retired UFC champ Randy Couture that the only fight that would bring him out of retirement would be a bout with Seagal. "I really have to kind of wonder what his intentions and motivations may have been in saying that. I always thought that Randy was my friend and a gentleman. I'm kind of confused as to why he would say that. All I can say is, I'm here. Anybody can find me anytime and anyplace. If Randy really wants to fight me, he can fight me anytime he wants. It'll be for free, and it'll be some place where there are no witnesses." "Oh no, I don't play by rules," he responded. "That's not how I fight. "I'm a man of honor. I'm a gentleman, but I am a warrior. And if he needs to find me, he knows where to find me."
  9. Same thing should happen here, like what happend to gsp. There should'nt be a interim title, he needs to e striped then awarded a title upon his return
  10. A heavyweight fight has been confirmed for the UFC?s return to Japan as Stefan Struve will likely face off with Mark Hunt. Sources close to the fight confirmed to MMAWeekly.com that verbal agreements are in place for the contest landing at Saitama Super Arena on March 2. A winner of four fights in a row, Stefan Struve has slowly been making his climb into the top ten of the heavyweight division. The Dutch fighter literally grew up inside the Octagon, and now looks to take another step towards his ultimate goal of earning a UFC title shot at some point in the future. RELATED POSTS Stefan Struve Post-Fight Interview (UFC on Fuel TV 5 Video) UFC on Fuel TV 5 Play-by-Play: Stefan Struve vs. Stipe Miocic Mark Hunt Out, Lavar Johnson in at UFC 146 Stefan Struve vs. Mark Hunt Finalizes All Heavyweight Main Card for UFC 146 UFC 144 Japan Play-by-Play: Mark Hunt vs. Cheick Kongo Standing in his way is former K-1 fighter Mark Hunt, who returns to his old stomping grounds in Japan for his next appearance in the UFC. Hunt is a winner of three fights in a row including knockouts over Cheick Kongo and Chris Tuchscherer, and now hopes to add a 7-footer to his resume when he faces Struve. While verbal agreements are in place, UFC officials have yet to announce the bout or where it may land on the UFC on Fuel 8 televised card.
  11. UFC bantamweight champion Dominick Cruz could miss another 12 months after a second major knee operation last week, according to UFC officials Monday. The 27-year-old Cruz (19-1) would end up missing more than two years of the prime of his career. The second operation was due to his body rejecting the original cadaver anterior cruciate ligament placed in his left knee in an early June reconstructive surgery. MMA Junkie broke the news about Cruz's second operation earlier Monday. Cruz last defended his title with a decision win over current flyweight champion Demetrious Johnson on Oct., 1, 2011, in Washington D.C. His next title defense, scheduled against arch-rival Urijah Faber, was delayed until July to help build up the fight with the two working as coaches on season 15 of The Ultimate Fighter. Cruz suffered the original injury in May while training for the Faber fight. His injury and recovery time caused UFC to pit Faber against Renan Barao to create an interim championship on July 21 which Barao won via decision. It had been talked about that Barao would wait for Cruz to return, as opposed to defending his title, but that was when it was thought Cruz would be ready to return in the spring. This injury would make it almost a sure thing UFC would be looking at having Barao (29-1, 1 no contest) defend his interim belt as soon as possible. Michael McDonald (15-1), who is recovering from a hand injury, would be the most likely opponent since McDonald was the first person asked to face Faber for the interim title before injuring his hand in training the day he had agreed to take the fight. Cruz is expected to stay visible during his absence from the cage, working as an analyst before and after shows. With the timing of his return looking like the end of 2013 at the earliest, there would probably be one more interim bantamweight title defense next year. This adds significance to two fights in the upcoming weeks - Saturday's Mike Easton (13-1) vs. Raphael Assuncao (18-4) match in Seattle that will air on the FX prelims and a Dec. 29 fight with Brad Pickett (22-6) vs. Eddie Wineland (19-8-1). Most likely, the second contender during the year would be the winner of one of those two fights.
  12. Brock and or mir Mir because if he grabbed anything its broke. Lesnar because he'll just lay on top of you beating you until your while also headbutting,kneeing, and stomping you with that raw power.
  13. i hate that diva diaz but this match-up screams a win for him. He'll be too long. it'll be too much for a slow starting hendricks to take. He'll throw that haymaker only for it to land with little power due to diaz's baby punches throwing him off, or he won't be able to connect because he's constantly pressured and being hit.
  14. if he did'nt have that rock head. he would have been ko'd not ko'd. He lost his will late in that fight as do most bisping opponents.
  15. According to the welterweight champion, the answer is “no.” Or rather, not nearly as much as has been rumored. On yesterday’s edition of The MMA Beat, Mike Straka of Fight Now TV reported that a source close to the welterweight champion told him that GSP was asking the UFC for $50 million to fight Anderson Silva. Despite the fact that St-Pierre is currently on vacation in France, he dismissed the rumor during a recent conversation with 985Sports.ca. In his own words: “I have not been informed of this, it is not true. Nobody told me about it and I am in France now. I have not seen the article and I will not comment.” While $50 million is downright astronomical, I have to imagine that both fighters are going to ask for a small fortune (even compared to what they’ve been making per appearance) if this fight ever comes to fruition. St-Pierre seems reluctant to accept the fight, neither fighter can agree on what weight class the fight would be held at, and by the way, this fight is going to make a ton of money for the UFC. If it’s going to happen, it’s not going to be cheap. Eh, who am I kidding? We’ve been talking about this fight since the rumored Pacquiao vs. Mayweather bout wasn’t just a punchline. I can’t be the only person feeling this way, right guys
×
×
  • Create New...