Best Finishers in the UFC........

ForrestGriffinFan101

My vote is Machida and Jones.

Machida has finished a few top LHWs in devastating fashion. Rashad, Tiago, Couture, Remi, Franklin. The list goes on...

Bones has a knack for breaking bones (whether it's his or his opponents) much like Shinya Aoki. So these guys are unmatched as finishers (tho A.Silva is pretty great too)

Name Mauricio Rua

Nick Name Shogun

Record 19 - 5 - 0 (Win - Loss - Draw)

Wins 16 (T)KOs ( 84.21 %)

1 Submissions ( 5.26 %)

2 Decisions ( 10.53 %)

Losses 2 (T)KOs ( 40 %)

2 Submissions ( 40 %)

1 Decisions ( 20 %)

How can Shogun not be the number one finisher.

He has 90% finish rate.

16 of his 19 wins are by (T)KO

He has one submission win.

This means 17 of his 19 fights are finishes.

Most of his finishes were in a dramatic fashion.

Even when he loses, he loses in an exciting fashion.

How can he not be the # 1 finisher?

(not a shogun fan, just stating facts)

Shogun's finishes list is not superior to Machida's?

Yea your gonna hate me for this and as ive said before I like Shogun(great fighter, good champ) but most of those were not in the UFC. His main finish in the UFC was against ofcourse Machida, since his injury Shogun hasnt been the same and never will be. Most of Machida's finished have occured in the UFC with the exception of guys he's finished like BJ PENN and Franklin.

If i had too id say i love both lists (Machida & Shogun) but JDS may be the best finisher in the UFC maybe....

Yea your gonna hate me for this and as ive said before I like Shogun(great fighter' date=' good champ) but most of those were not in the UFC. His main finish in the UFC was against ofcourse Machida, since his injury Shogun hasnt been the same and never will be. Most of Machida's finished have occured in the UFC with the exception of guys he's finished like BJ PENN and Franklin.

If i had too id say i love both lists (Machida & Shogun) but JDS may be the best finisher in the UFC maybe....[/quote']

Shoguns is superior to Machida's dude...please get real.

JDS...really? Shogun has 17 finishesin 19 fights...and why does it matter that they are out side of the UFC...

why the **** does that matter?

Ummm lemme see because if you can Fn read the question states "BEST FINISHERS IN THE UFC" All time yea maybe Shogun has it alongside of Page and Bas Rutten ahaha (tho i really dont know much about Rutten). I think that answers that question :cool::cool:

Ummm lemme see because if you can Fn read the question states "BEST FINISHERS IN THE UFC" All time yea maybe Shogun has it alongside of Page and Bas Rutten ahaha (tho i really dont know much about Rutten). I think that answers that question :cool::cool:

Yes the thread name was not best finishers with all fights being in the UFC moron.

Yes the thread name was not best finishers with all fights being in the UFC moron.

Fail, it still says vaguely Best finishers in the UFC, Hell most people are throwing Condit out there yet he gets no slack or strife for it. So for the sake of the thread, we r talking of the best finishers in the UFC.

Fail' date=' it still says vaguely Best finishers in the UFC, Hell most people are throwing Condit out there yet he gets no slack or strife for it. So for the sake of the thread, we r talking of the best finishers in the UFC.[/quote']

UM NO....the thread is about the best finishers fighting in the UFC right now...

You can not just simply disregard everything they have done outside of the UFC because

you want to interpret the thread title like that, its silly, its ridiculous.

Fail' date=' it still says vaguely Best finishers in the UFC, Hell most people are throwing Condit out there yet he gets no slack or strife for it. So for the sake of the thread, we r talking of the best finishers in the UFC.[/quote']

Actually the fail was you throwing away peoples records outside the UFC a fighter does not get their mma record erased or thrown out when they enter the UFC.

its not that serious man, no need to cry and weep an opinion is an opinion. I respect every fighters accolades even Mark Hunts lol. But i was just going by what the thread was asking, thats pretty much it, doesnt mean what i say is the gospal bub. All time, yea i put Shogun, Wandy, and Liddel in the list. Top 10 even

its not that serious man' date=' no need to cry and weep an opinion is an opinion. I respect every fighters accolades even Mark Hunts lol. But i was just going by what the thread was asking, thats pretty much it, doesnt mean what i say is the gospal bub. All time, yea i put Shogun, Wandy, and Liddel in the list. Top 10 even[/quote']

Thats not even what the thread was asking or saying...though why dont you get that?

Thats not even what the thread was asking or saying...though why dont you get that?

Then why on Earth does Condit get any vote Brahhhh??? that i dont understand, so right when i saw him i was like "Ohh it must mean finishes in the UFC" ughhh if its based on Fighter history alone, you know my take on it.

i remember seeing a pretty detailed breakdown with a big list of finishers in the UFC or all of MMA. i cant find it but if i recall correctly it mentioned Kenny Florian has one of the best finishing percentages....may be out dated now but he still deserves a mention

9 of his 11 wins were finishes. Good call.

Then why on Earth does Condit get any vote Brahhhh??? that i dont understand' date=' so right when i saw him i was like "Ohh it must mean finishes in the UFC" ughhh if its based on Fighter history alone, you know my take on it.[/quote']

You are very unintelligent aren't you?

By seeing Carlos Condit on the list you should have used common sense and said well hey gee it must include outside of the UFC because a lot of his stuff was outside the UFC and in the WEC.

Use Common Sense, Please.

You are very unintelligent aren't you?

By seeing Carlos Condit on the list you should have used common sense and said well hey gee it must include outside of the UFC because a lot of his stuff was outside the UFC and in the WEC.

Use Common Sense' date=' Please.[/quote']

I pretty blatently forgot he was a champ is WEC. IF the list had said just "All time finishes" then my opinion would have been different. That is all.

Hey all thread makers' date=' please be specific with your thread names we have special people here ^ who have no common sense....[/quote']

say what you will, ive made my point. I think im allowed to be human and make mistakes. Other than that plz continue ranting, gotta love being talked about :cool::cool:

Archived