Cain...."the first Mexican heavyweight champ"....barely spks spanish

usafighters88

I was watching the interview with Cain and cristiano ronaldo and Cain spoke Spanish.....my wife is An American born Hispanic and is fluent...she heard Cain speak and couldn't believe he was Mexican with such poor Spanish.. She said he sounded like a white person from America trying to speak Spanish. Sorry about grammar and spelling.. Predictive typing on the iPad! I found this amusing that the UFC are running with this Mexican when he speaks the language they speak so poorly.

Bring on the haters!

I was watching the interview with Cain and cristiano ronaldo and Cain spoke Spanish.....my wife is An American born Hispanic and is fluent...she heard Cain speak and couldn't believe he was Mexican with such poor Spanish.. She said he sounded like a white person from America trying to speak Spanish. Sorry about grammar and spelling.. Predictive typing on the iPad! I found this amusing that the UFC are running with this Mexican when he speaks the language they speak so poorly.

Bring on the haters!

So do you have any question about UFCs BS marketing ?? Man, UFC is hungry for a "mexican" champion so they can try seduce all these hispanic who love boxe ... I can see Dana and Joe Silva talking like this: "Oh, lets hope Cain become a champ, lets put the hype around him and introduce boxe to hispanics (mexicans) and lets make sure he gets a long lay off to show off a champ for a long time" ....

Bring on the haters!

Not odd.

He is a white person from america trying to speak spanish.

im not sure he was the first mexican champ...what bout rico rodrigaz (spelling)...but so what his spanish is bad...does that take away from the fact he has spanish blood?

Who says he has Spanish blood? How do you know he has not got the blood of those who were there before the actual Spanish went there.... He is as bad as white Americans calling themselves Italian and Irish.... Go to t

There are plenty of hispanic people like Cain. Sometimes immigrant parents really stress the importance of assimilation and the English language.

However, one day I will be dead and gone, and all that will be left of me is a grave marker with a beaner's name on it.

Every person who looks at it will know there's a Mexican buried there regardless of how white I looked, sounded, or how lousy my Spanish was.

I don't get this thread. Cain has said multiple times that he's Mexican-American as both of his parents are from Mexico. It's kinda hard for you to have perfect Spanish when you spent your while life in Schools and Universities in the USA. He's fluent in Spanish no matter how he speaks it.

I mean, I was born in Bosnia and both of my parents are from there but I've lived in the States so long now that my accent is completely gone and my Bosnian is decent at best. Would I ever say that I'm White American? Absolutely not, even thought most people seem to think so. You have to be proud of where you come from no matter who you are..

I don't get this thread. Cain has said multiple times that he's Mexican-American as both of his parents are from Mexico. It's kinda hard for you to have perfect Spanish when you spent your while life in Schools and Universities in the USA. He's fluent in Spanish no matter how he speaks it.

I mean' date=' I was born in Bosnia and both of my parents are from there but I've lived in the States so long now that my accent is completely gone and my Bosnian is decent at best. Would I ever say that I'm White American? Absolutely not, even thought most people seem to think so. You have to be proud of where you come from no matter who you are..[/quote']

We all come from Africa.....

lol

you cant claim to be mexican and not speak spannish

same goes for all other races and or countrys

this is stupid to say...just cuz u suck at speaking a tough that is only half of who u are does not make u less of what you are (wasnt only one of his parents were mexican)...there are alot of ppl who are mixed that dont know all the native speach of thier parents blood

Who says he has Spanish blood? How do you know he has not got the blood of those who were there before the actual Spanish went there.... He is as bad as white Americans calling themselves Italian and Irish.... Go to t

hmmm i dont know maybe its the big ol brown pride tattoo on his chest....that and im just a trusting guy...why do u have proof other wise?

I mean' date=' I was born in Bosnia and both of my parents are from there but I've lived in the States so long now that my accent is completely gone and my Bosnian is decent at best. Would I ever say that I'm White American? Absolutely not, even thought most people seem to think so. You have to be proud of where you come from no matter who you are..[/quote']

lol that is just a lame excuse for bad parenting i grew up in belgium but i am fluent in bosnian flemish(dutch) and english

WTF does that even mean? There are also whites in Mexico' date=' not all of them are "brown".

And we all come from Africa, so there are only "full blooded" africans :)[/quote']

White means western European descent. "We all come from Africa" is a lie, like saying we are all brothers and sisters.

We do all come from Africa' date=' but the climate made us adapt in different ways, like polar bears for example.

That's why there are people with slanted eyes in Asia, but also in South America & North America.[/quote']

ppl like the op would reject this truth out of hate or anger or stuborness

i agree

but if i could be anyone else in the world' date=' it would be Ronaldo

that guy gets the sexiest women on the planet

and hes pretty good at futbol[/quote'] I agree he's awesome at football but Messi is leagues ahead of everyone and I would gladly say that to his face.

And if I were a pro football player I would defo rather be Messi... Girls? That's no legacy... All ***** is the same at the end of the day, but his legacy will be remembered because he lived in the Messi era.

I doubt Cain even has or ever had Mexican Citizenship status, seeing as how Mexico doesn't recognize dual citizenship, it's doubtful. Sure his parent were born in Mexico and as such Cain has Mexican heritage, but he's still American and IMO not a true "Mexican Champ".

Messi and Ronaldo aren't that far from each other in terms of legacy.

Messi has more Champions Leagues but Ronaldo also has one and he took Portugal to Euro Finals and World Cup semi-finals, while Argentina have sucked all these years.

Messi is the most talented one, he has better dribbles by far and other stuff, but Ronaldo is more well rounded. Shot power, headers, strength, free kicks, etc.

And Ronaldo scored more goals this season, beating the spanish League all-time record

White means western European descent. "We all come from Africa" is a lie' date=' like saying we are all brothers and sisters.[/quote']

It is not a lie but fact. Europeans came from Africa too... All human life started in africa.. Any scientist with a brain will tell you that. Whether you show traits from Europe, Asian, south America... You all have a direct lineage to Africa... So it is not a lie you buffoon

Wrong' date=' ppl in south America and north America has the slitty eyes because they descended from asians...the came across the barely straight. They did not evolve those traits because they were in the Americas but because they kept them from when they were evolved in Asia.[/quote']

And how did the asians get slanted eyes? They were born that way?

It's also because of the climate, friend. White skin, hair, slanted eyes are all factors altered by climate

And how did the asians get slanted eyes? They were born that way?

It's also because of the climate' date=' friend. White skin, hair, slanted eyes are all factors altered by climate[/quote']

They evolved them through some of the areas you mentioned. I was picking up on why you said south Americans also have them. They inherited traits of mutated genetics which evolved via natural selection

Hes Mexican american. born in the states and has mexican parents just like myself. hes fluent in spanish and english but shove a camera in his face and he freezes up and stutters a lot wether its english or in spanish. so really its not that he doesnt know the language its just hes really bad in front of a camera

Bring on the haters!

I guess id have to take your wife's word for it although cain definitly has an hispanic accent when speaking english.

just because cain's spanish/accent is poor does not make him any less Mexican! If he considers himself Mexican then he is Mexican no one else has the right to make this decision for him! i was born in the u.s. but i do not consider myself "american" either

Wrong' date=' ppl in south America and north America has the slitty eyes because they descended from asians...the came across the barely straight. They did not evolve those traits because they were in the Americas but because they kept them from when they were evolved in Asia.[/quote']

I thought most south american people were a mix of the original spaniards from spain and the natives(indians) that once populated the area. All though I do like how quickly everyone that rises to fame forgets what country gave them the opportunities in their life.

It is not a lie but fact. Europeans came from Africa too... All human life started in africa.. Any scientist with a brain will tell you that. Whether you show traits from Europe' date=' Asian, south America... You all have a direct lineage to Africa... So it is not a lie you buffoon[/quote']

The African lineage thing is a myth.

Archived