Kenny Florian's take on Aldo

King_Can

He needs to throw a lot of leg kicks himself, and really utilize his reach.

If he can keep Aldo at a distance & move around a lot, I think he'll have a decent chance at pulling off a decision, provided he can also take him down and mix in some ground and pound.

I've said it before, BJ Penn at 100% and motivated is not even half as skilled or powerful as Jose Aldo... And Penn wrecked Florian at LW. Now Florian is 10lbs lighter and he for some reason thinks he's gonna give Aldo "Hell" in the stand up? Yeah like he killed the master BJ?

Mark my words Florian is a dead man and I mean DEAD. Aldo is the best fighter he's ever faced and will beat anyone at FW, BW and LW.

I've said it before' date=' BJ Penn at 100% and motivated is not even half as skilled or powerful as Jose Aldo... And Penn wrecked Florian at LW. Now Florian is 10lbs lighter and he for some reason thinks he's gonna give Aldo "Hell" in the stand up? Yeah like he killed the master BJ?

Mark my words Florian is a dead man and I mean DEAD. Aldo is the best fighter he's ever faced and will beat anyone at FW, BW and LW.[/quote']

I agree with most of your statement except beating anyone at LW. I think the power disadvantage coming up to LW would be a lot to overcome. I think a strong high level wrestler like Maynard or Henderson could give him trouble. Not saying they'd beat him, just saying it'd b a big challenge.

I agree with most of your statement except beating anyone at LW. I think the power disadvantage coming up to LW would be a lot to overcome. I think a strong high level wrestler like Maynard or Henderson could give him trouble. Not saying they'd beat him' date=' just saying it'd b a big challenge.[/quote'] Very true indeed, however Maynard couldn't even control Edgar... So Aldo would defo wreck him. I personally think that whatever weight class Aldo would be naturally he would dominate.

Aldo couldn't take out Mark H. in their fight...that dude took all Aldo had and Aldo gassed in round 5 bad. If Aldo couldn't put away Mark, then Florian will be a lot harder to take on. Florian is not as talented in the stand up by far. If it comes to ground game...Florian

You fail...

You fail by by making a completely stupid reply with no proof or evidence of any information. Way to boost your post count. Aldo hasn't faced really "tough" competition in my opinion. He is good, but wayyyy overrated. People are all over his nuts. I honestly think Ken Flo will win if he doesn't keep it standing with him. If he keeps it standing...KO

If I'm not mistaken, wasn't Aldo sick on the day of the Hominick fight? Apparently he had to take medication before the fight, lol.

Oh yeah, and he gassed cause he took abit of time off and in that time, he gained alot of muscle and it was a harder weight cut, that's why he gassed. He won't make a bad mistake next time against Florian. Hominick got destroyed against Aldo when Aldo was 60%, Florian will die against Aldo when Aldo is 100%!

WAR ALDO! :D:cool::P

Who said anything about Florian? Like I said ' date=' you will see in due time be patient.[/quote']

Dude you are just talking out of your ***. He asked you for evidence of Aldo being overhyped which you claimed he was and then you say "you'll see in due time"?

If you can't think of anything to base your opinions on then don't say them at all if you ask me. I don't see how Aldo can be hyped up enough? The dude has ran through everyone that comes in front of him.

Dude you are just talking out of your ***. He asked you for evidence of Aldo being overhyped which you claimed he was and then you say "you'll see in due time"?

If you can't think of anything to base your opinions on then don't say them at all if you ask me. I don't see how Aldo can be hyped up enough? The dude has ran through everyone that comes in front of him.

I like this guy

If I'm not mistaken' date=' wasn't Aldo sick on the day of the Hominick fight? Apparently he had to take medication before the fight, lol.

Oh yeah, and he gassed cause he took abit of time off and in that time, he gained alot of muscle and it was a harder weight cut, that's why he gassed. He won't make a bad mistake next time against Florian. Hominick got destroyed against Aldo when Aldo was 60%, Florian will die against Aldo when Aldo is 100%!

WAR ALDO! :D:cool::P[/quote']

This. Aldo had everything working against him in that fight and still won.

Florian has no chance in the stand up. Aldo is just too good, too powerful, and too quick. And wrestling Aldo doesn't seem like much of a possibility. Faber couldn't take Aldo down and nothing in any of Florian's fights have convinced me he has superior wrestling than Faber.

The only way Kenny wins this fight is if Aldo enters the cage while on Death's door. And even then, I'm not sure if Florian could beat.

Jose Aldo FTMFW!

Yikes guys, that is BJ PENN perhaps the greatest lightweight of all time, be chill. Kenflo's worst performance was that against Maynard i thought Kenny woulda been more active on the ground but Maynard was just so much bigger. Kenny's drop to 145 is a stretch because of the fact he was formally a middleweight so this is a bold move but a desperate one for his career as he trys to keep himself relevant as a true great in the UFC. Kenny is in my all time fav 5 but this is where Kenny needs to summon the Gods to his corner and miraculously be able to take Aldo's back, then we will see a new era and well deserved as well.

Aldo is way over hyped ! 145 is very shallow in the talent division.

Down at 145 are a bunch of little fishys for the Shark Aldo to chomp on. If he came up to 155 he would be an average contender losing to the top contenders mostly because they are high caliber wrestlers.

saying Aldo is top 3 p4p is just laughable

Aldo is way over hyped ! 145 is very shallow in the talent division.

Down at 145 are a bunch of little fishys for the Shark Aldo to chomp on. If he came up to 155 he would be an average contender losing to the top contenders mostly because they are high caliber wrestlers.

saying Aldo is top 3 p4p is just laughable

aldo is not over hyped. Some people probably just think this because they didn't watch WEC.

Yo homie chill out. I think Aldo is great , the best at 145lbs on the planet and top 10 pound for pound without a doubt. I do however think he's larger than Frankie Edgar and faced FAR worse competition yet gets way more credit which I do not agree with. People saying he could get the LW belt and destroy everyone in that division is absurd , he hasn't even faced a guy up until Kenny who would scratch top 10 at LW. I thought his performance against Hominick was disappointing to say the least , I think there's lightweights that could oustrike him or outgrapple him if not fighters that could do both. I feel the 145division is just now developing because fighters at the 155 division get to drop down.

I feel Tyson , Kenny and Mendes are by far the biggest threats to Aldo in the division and that he has ever faced. That being said the kind of hype he carries is crazy to me despite his dynamic finishes and ferocious style. I just feel like he has a lot more to prove , his hype and aura in my opinion greatly exceed how I gauge him and what he's accomplished on paper.

Is that so stupid to think?

Archived