Who will beat jones ?

RodrigoRua

That's absurd ' date=' I'm sorry but Cain would tear into him standing and be able to find the takedowns.

This is a fair fight too , considering Jon Jones is a larger guy and heavier naturally than Cain.[/quote']

If they ever ended up fighting, and you remember this thread....go ahead and bump it then and I'll account bet you that Jones destroys Cain.:)

If they ever ended up fighting' date=' and you remember this thread....go ahead and bump it then and I'll account bet you that Jones destroys Cain.:)[/quote']

I would go to extreme extents on this bet. Literally something along the lines of whoever wins gets to fly to the others house and kick them square in the balls and video tape it haha.

Before I even say his name, let me say this: Hear me out and actually think about it before you start flaming me. Alright, here it goes, Fedor. I think he is fighting Hendo to test himself against a top level LHW to see how he will do. If he wins, and I think he will, what's the logical next step? Make the drop to 205 and start wrecking shop on some fools. SF's top fighters will be integrated into the UFC soon, so Fedor really has nowhere else to go if he wants to face top competition. He'll come to the UFC finally, and without as much drama since his mystique has faded a bit. Give him Machida, Rampage, Forrest, or Shogun as a warm up. If he wins that fight, he gets Jones. Fedor's experience, power, subs, and takedown defense will cause huge problems for Jones. I think Fedor just might be able to do it.

BTW I'm not a Fedor fanboy. I normally don't throw his name around in every thread like some people. Just think about it.

I must say I never quite seen nuthugging on a forum before like yours for Jones.

And LOL....where have I heard this before? oh when Cain was fighting a 265lb HW...

Brock Lesnar isn't Jon Jones. In face no one is Jon Jones. come talk to me when he gets beaten. Word? Thanks. :rolleyes:

Sorry for ruining your time on the forum for being a fan of a UFC fighter.

the Karate Kid is the only real threat I see to Jones, and even then, he'd still be the underdog in the fight...

Machida would capitalize on Jones' flashy strikes, put a clinic of technical strikes on him, break his clinch attempts, and might even be able to get one of his fancy trip takedowns in...

however, Jones has a huge reach, size and athletic advantage over Machida, so with the right gameplan, he could likely take Machida to a decision victory... no margin for errors though... he'd have to fight VERY smart...

I really can't see anyone else posing a real threat to the guy though... Machida REALLY shouldn't have said "Anderson Silva money" over the phone... dammit!

I picked "New Comer" just because "Nobody" wasn't an option.

Pretty much this right here. I don't see anyone taking it from him unless they can get him into the championship rounds. He has shown to be tired later in fights so I think that is his one downfall. I hope that Rampage wins but I think he is going to get murdered. I am a Rampage supporter from way back but I just can't see him being dynamic enough to win this unless he catches Jones with a cool one..

Machida> His high movement/far range striking style and the wrestling to be able to get out from under Jones is imo the best chance anyone @ 205 will have against Jones.

You have to outpoint him until he gets tired then go in for the kill. Nobody in MMA right now, imo, has a sot in hell at engaging Jones full force early in a fight and not ending up flying through the air ragdolled and getting their face broken by those elbows.

the Karate Kid is the only real threat I see to Jones' date=' and even then, he'd still be the underdog in the fight...

Machida would capitalize on Jones' flashy strikes, put a clinic of technical strikes on him, break his clinch attempts, and might even be able to get one of his fancy trip takedowns in...

however, Jones has a huge reach, size and athletic advantage over Machida, so with the right gameplan, he could likely take Machida to a decision victory... no margin for errors though... he'd have to fight VERY smart...

I really can't see anyone else posing a real threat to the guy though... Machida REALLY shouldn't have said "Anderson Silva money" over the phone... dammit![/quote']

If jones were to get machida down, it would be game over. His reach from guard to throw both punches and elbows is lethal and he throws them non stop.

UFC128-Shogunvs.Jones-12.MauricioRuavs.JonJones.jpg

Archived