If Anderson retires in the next couple years

Leicko

If he does decide to do that who do you see winning the MW belt' date=' and do you think they'll have a successfull run like silva![/quote']

Successfull or successful?

Just kidding man, good question. I can see Okami, Souza, Stann and Munoz all becoming UFC champions after Silva retires. As far as making a run like Silva? Nobody.

IMO it would be very competitive. The MW division has quite a lot of well rounded' date=' great fighters.[/quote']

^This, I think the MW is quite exciting as well as competitve as opposed to WW. Belfort, Sonnen, Maia w/ his improving standup, also possibly munoz, okami, stann etc. But I doubt any of them would have the success of silva. Its interesting

Successfull or successful?

Just kidding man' date=' good question. I can see Okami, Souza, Stann and Munoz all becoming UFC champions after Silva retires. As far as making a run like Silva? Nobody.[/quote']

Sorry Man, I was in a hurry.... And I'm a dumb@ss

If silva retires i see a lot people from WW that can be MW move up and LHW that can make the cut like franklin move back down' date=' because finally the night mare is over...[/quote']

this is absolutely true! Sadly as much as i am a fan of Franklin his title runs are over, if he had beaten Griffin id say sure he could make another run, but he's still one of my all time favs. Munoz is the best prospect, tho i see Leben beating Munoz.

after Silva I think the MW division would be a revolving door of great talent just like the LHW division is... I think it would be great :)

the only thing I could see changing that is if GSP moves up or if Machida moves down... I think Machida might have a better chance of a longer run at MW than GSP would though...

i didnt even think of Machida moving down, he really could and it wouldn't affect him too much, he could actually be faster, depending on how the cut went. Wow +1 man, awesome post :D

after Silva I think the MW division would be a revolving door of great talent just like the LHW division is... I think it would be great :)

the only thing I could see changing that is if GSP moves up or if Machida moves down... I think Machida might have a better chance of a longer run at MW than GSP would though...

I don't see Machida cutting down that far. MW and LHW are such a big gap, and Machida already has to cut to get to 205. You know he has competed in sumo right? He has fought HW and I've only ever heard of him competing at LHW in the last few years.

Rashad should have no problem making 185' date=' & he would a beast there.

He could be the one to dethrone Silva if he makes the move before Silva retires.[/quote']

I am done saying this guy or that can beat Silva. I am not a fan of his, I don't like how he disrespects some of his opponents by dropping his hands and taunting them. But he subbed Sonnen who was supposed to be a superior grappler (and yes I know BJJ and wrestling aren't the same, but they are more similar then people make them out to be), and he KO'd Vitor who was the most elite striker in the division (next to Silva). Rashad's well roundedness may give Silva trouble though.

Jon Jones at the moment is the only guy that could get some serious wins under his belt before a real loss and could, if he keeps doing what hes doing, become the next P4P and take Silvas Reign in the next 5 years. If he remians undefeated though and thats a tough ask.

Id still like to see Machida vs Jones or after this fight Machida vs Rampage 2. Even though Jones will most likely destroy him, but just because Rua owned Machida, doesnt meen every fighter will or could do what Rua did to him. Rua might just be that guy thats a bad pick for Machida style wise. But if anyone could avoid those elbows and punches Jones throws , its Machida.

I don't see Machida cutting down that far. MW and LHW are such a big gap' date=' and Machida already has to cut to get to 205. You know he has competed in sumo right? He has fought HW and I've only ever heard of him competing at LHW in the last few years.[/quote']

he cuts literally like 5 pounds, when he had to fight at hw he had eat a lot so that he would be like 220 or so i believe

I think Franklin comes back down to reclaim his title. He has no trouble dispatching of anyone at that weight class other than a flash KO from Belfort. . He doesn't weigh enough to ever make a serious run at LHW but at his real weight class he was very tough to beat.

I don't see Machida cutting down that far. MW and LHW are such a big gap' date=' and Machida already has to cut to get to 205. You know he has competed in sumo right? He has fought HW and I've only ever heard of him competing at LHW in the last few years.[/quote']

but like someone else said, he really doesn't cut that much to get to LHW and in all honesty, he doesn't look as lean as some other fighters competing right now... if he had the motivation to get down to 185, he could probably get his walking weight down to 195 and cut the rest... granted his bodyfat % would be quite low but I don't think it would be lower than a lot of other fighters today... Sonnen is probably bigger than Machida in terms of lean muscle mass so if he can get there Machida should be able to as well...

Archived