Is Diaz really worthy?

pigskin010909

Condit is more deserving of a title shot than Diaz. He's won his last four (UFC) fights. 4-1 in the big leagues, and 12-1 in last 13. Not to mention Fitch as a worthy opponent. Six of GSP's last eight fights would, in most cases, beat diaz. shields, kos, alves, penn, fitch, hughes!!!! Come on Diaz believers, He hasn't faced an opponent like those guys since sherk beat him. Although i was impressed with the daley fight, it's not enough to secure a ufc title fight. Let him beat some good fighters first. I mean, KJ Noons took him to a decision that many thought Noons won. I thought it could've went either way. Not saying it's impossible for him to beat GSP, it's not, but if something drastic happens and he wins, GSP will get the rematch and get the title back. 9 of 10 times, GSP wins.

BTW, the other two of eight not mentioned.....Dan Hardy and Matt Serra! Both are tougher competition than Diaz is used to.

I think Daley would destroy Hardy...........Diaz is worthy :)

ok that's one semi tough oppenent. and he rocked him twice. hardy would have finished a rocked oppenent....bet on it. he got caught by condit and wrestled by rumble johnson and everybody thinks he sucks. he's a warrior on a rampage when gsp fought him

I dont even think Diaz is going to do even as well as his mate Shields. Shields actually fought a pretty good fight against GSP. I think GSP is going to destroy Diaz, its not even going to be a competition. Shields had a better chance of winning. Seeing what Daley just about did to Diaz and just about won that fight, if Daley had a better finishing ground game. GSP WILL have a ground game, Daley didnt.

Im surprised all of you think GSP is that bad a fighter. GSP has hospitalised himself AND everyone hes been in the octogon with. didnt you see what GSp did to all of his last opponents? Broke Koschecks cheek, Just about broke Dan Hardys arm. Has busted up everyone. I dotn knwo why you think GSP is such a *****. Hes friggin nasty.

I dont even think Diaz is going to do even as well as his mate Shields. Shields actually fought a pretty good fight against GSP. I think GSP is going to destroy Diaz' date=' its not even going to be a competition. Shields had a better chance of winning. Seeing what Daley just about did to Diaz and just about won that fight, had he Daley a better finishing ground game. GSP WILL have a ground game, Daley didnt.

Im surprised all of you think GSP is that bad a fighter. GSP has hospitalised himself AND everyone hes been in the octogon with.[/quote']

...aaaaaaaand GSP doesn't have Daley's hands, either. I won't comment on the GSP/Shields fight, for I only saw the first two rounds before my attention got snatched away by paint that was drying on a wall.

GSP will be the BEST fighter Diaz has ever faced. Diaz got smashed by Shawn Sherk. I dont even think Diaz has fought someone as tough as Conduit yet or kampmann or even Shields LOL, I dont even think Diaz has fought a guy as tough as shields in his career and defeated them. Thats how little i think of the guy. So he threw some wierd WIERD lucky punch to Daley to put him down. But Daley was beating him , thats fact. Diaz was getting smashed. Daley is probably the best win of his career. daley got owned by Josh Koshcheck.

It took 5 rounds for Diaz to even get close to winning against KJ Noons. He got a no contest against Takanori Gomi. He LOST to Diego Sanchez. That guy KJ Noons was fighting a few weeks ago Jorge Masvidal has a better chance against GSP than Diaz.

the only guy that is on his record that he defeated that is considered a top fighter is Chris Lytle. Jake Shields has a much better winning record against tougher tougher opponents than Diaz and even Shields couldnt beat GSP.

GSP will be the BEST fighter Diaz has ever faced. Diaz got smashed by Shawn Sherk. I dont even think Diaz has fought someone as tough as Conduit yet or kampmann or even Shields LOL' date=' I dont even think Diaz has fought a guy as tough as shields in his career and defeated them. Thats how little i think of the guy. So he threw some wierd WIERD lucky punch to Daley to put him down. But Daley was beating him , thats fact. Diaz was getting smashed. Daley is probably the best win of his career. daley got owned by Josh Koshcheck.

It took 5 rounds for Diaz to even get close to winning against KJ Noons. He got a no contest against Takanori Gomi. He LOST to Diego Sanchez.

the only guy that is on his record that he defeated that is considered a top fighter is Chris Lytle. Jake Shields has a much better winning record against tougher tougher opponents than Diaz adn even Shields couldnt come close to beating GSP.[/quote']

Who did Bruce Lee ever beat to make him so great?

Lee and Norris never fought, it was only a movie

Bruce lee is really like a chinese Superman lol. He was the first guy we ever saw on a camera that entertained us that had serious martial art skills. Lee was like the Hulk Hogan of tv movies. Obviously Jackie Chan has taken over now and Jet Li (my favourite by far).

Jet Li is the Martial Art KING of cinema not Bruce Lee, But Bruce Lee is just so damn cool and was teh first to bring all that to American television. Bruce lee was like Dirty Harry or James Bond with skills in the movies lol. I cant remember if Bruce Lee did any martial arts tournaments or anything. I think he did 1 or 2 but nothing that was hugely public anyway. UFC wasnt around then so , its very hard to judge.

What Bruce Lee does do though, is make young people want to try martial arts and thats a good thing :):).

Bruce lee is really like Superman lol. He was the first guy we ever saw on a camera that entertained us that had serious martial art skills. Lee was like the Hulk Hogan of tv movies. Obviously Jackie Chan has taken over now and Jet Li (my favourite by far).

Jet Li is the Martial Art KING of cinema not Bruce Lee' date=' But Bruce Lee is just so damn cool and was teh first to being all that to American television. Bruce lee was like Dirty Harry or James Bond with skills in the movies lol.[/quote']

So you're gonna babble on about TV and film?

I'm talking martial arts. People wanna discredit Diaz cause 'he hasn't beat top guys', yet who did Bruce Lee ever beat in a real fight to make him so darn great? If you can't tell me, then I guess who you did and didn't beat and who you did and didn't face don't really matter much. It only matters what did happen, and Diaz is on a current winning streak, as a champion, one who has shown great heart, determination, and skill in his fights.

Who did Bruce Lee ever beat to make him so great?

Lee and Norris never fought' date=' it was only a movie[/quote']

Well what makes you think that bruce lee would be of any use in the octagon. If i had to bet on gsp vs lee my money would go on gsp no doubt..

Very weak argument captain....

Well what makes you think that bruce lee would be of any use in the octagon. If i had to bet on gsp vs lee my money would go on gsp no doubt..

Very weak argument captain....

Who's saying anything about Bruce Lee in the Octagon? Bruce Lee wasn't a martial artist of today's world, where learning things like wrestling and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu is key to surviving a fight. Plus, even on top of that, that's your opinion that GSP would win. That's not to mention that this fight wouldn't happen, simply cause they aren't the same weight at all.

What I'm saying is that Bruce Lee is widely considered one of martial arts top figures, but I guess for no reason, huh? Since no one can tell me who he has beaten to contribute to his legacy.

Who did Bruce Lee beat to make him so great?

I really don't think Bruce Lee, the greatest martial artist of all time would get showered with invitations for fights.

Either beacuse of fear or respect.

Every single martial artist at the time said he was the best so who would want to fight him?

Jackie Chan admiring Bruce Lee's speed:

He was the best beacuse no one wanted to face him, I mean can you get any better than that?

Your argument isn't valid, especially when it's trying to defend Nick Diaz, just putting them in a scetence together made me feel unclean...

Bruce lee is really like a chinese Superman lol. He was the first guy we ever saw on a camera that entertained us that had serious martial art skills. Lee was like the Hulk Hogan of tv movies. Obviously Jackie Chan has taken over now and Jet Li (my favourite by far).

Jet Li is the Martial Art KING of cinema not Bruce Lee' date=' But Bruce Lee is just so damn cool and was teh first to bring all that to American television. Bruce lee was like Dirty Harry or James Bond with skills in the movies lol. I cant remember if Bruce Lee did any martial arts tournaments or anything. I think he did 1 or 2 but nothing that was hugely public anyway. UFC wasnt around then so , its very hard to judge.

What Bruce Lee does do though, is make young people want to try martial arts and thats a good thing :):).[/quote']

Bruce Lee >>>>>>>> Jet Li

Bruce Lee was a friggin' boss.

I really don't think Bruce Lee' date=' the greatest martial artist of all time would get showered with invitations for fights.

Either beacuse of fear or respect.

Every single martial artist at the time said he was the best so who would want to fight him?

Jackie Chan admiring Bruce Lee's speed:

He was the best beacuse no one wanted to face him, I mean can you get any better than that?

Your argument isn't valid, especially when it's trying to defend Nick Diaz, just putting them in a scetence together made me feel unclean...[/quote']

He was the best cause no one wanted to fight him?

Well, there has to be a reason why no one wants to fight him.

And it's not cause he has all of these names under his belt. It's cause of his skill, which is the whole point that is flying over all your monkey brains. People discredit Diaz cause he doesn't have the huge names, yet a guy like Bruce Lee can exist as he does without having huge names that he defeated

Plus, not only that, he did have numerous run ins with people who either wanted to make a name for them self, or just thought Lee was a movie star and not a martial artist. I don't think he ever fought in competition

Plus, everyone says GSP and Silva are the best. Everyone either fears or respects them, but I don't see fighters running away from these two, or not inviting them to a fight.

GSP will be the BEST fighter Diaz has ever faced. Diaz got smashed by Shawn Sherk. I dont even think Diaz has fought someone as tough as Conduit yet or kampmann or even Shields LOL' date=' I dont even think Diaz has fought a guy as tough as shields in his career and defeated them. Thats how little i think of the guy. So he threw some wierd WIERD lucky punch to Daley to put him down. But Daley was beating him , thats fact. Diaz was getting smashed. Daley is probably the best win of his career. daley got owned by Josh Koshcheck.

It took 5 rounds for Diaz to even get close to winning against KJ Noons. He got a no contest against Takanori Gomi. He LOST to Diego Sanchez. That guy KJ Noons was fighting a few weeks ago Jorge Masvidal has a better chance against GSP than Diaz.

the only guy that is on his record that he defeated that is considered a top fighter is Chris Lytle. Jake Shields has a much better winning record against tougher tougher opponents than Diaz and even Shields couldnt beat GSP.[/quote']

Kampmann? The guy who got KO'd by Daley, who then got KO'd by Diaz. Yea ok.

Who's saying anything about Bruce Lee in the Octagon? Bruce Lee wasn't a martial artist of today's world' date=' where learning things like wrestling and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu is key to surviving a fight. Plus, even on top of that, that's your opinion that GSP would win. That's not to mention that this fight wouldn't happen, simply cause they aren't the same weight at all.

What I'm saying is that Bruce Lee is widely considered one of martial arts top figures, but I guess for no reason, huh? Since no one can tell me who he has beaten to contribute to his legacy.[/quote']

Being famous and being a good fighter are 2 diffrent things. Bruce lee was known as a badass at a time there was still alot of myths around martial arts. Just cuz he did martial arts movies and was a pioneer he became an icon.

If you re trying to use this example to show that even if a fighter beats no1 hes worthy of one of the most dominant champ of all times its a total fail.

Has GSP ever fought a more aggressive opponent, more confident, durable or tougher then Diaz? Anyone with the combo of mad ground skill and fight ending bodyshots?

No. Diaz just doesn't quit, he will be in there for the kill until the end. Can anyone find an opponent who brings a larger threat to GSP then Diaz? I don't think so. diaz is not in there for the sport he is in there for the fight.

But will GSP destroy him with leg kicks?

GSP is just so damn good. But i hope Diaz wins.

Being famous and being a good fighter are 2 diffrent things. Bruce lee was known as a badass at a time there was still alot of myths around martial arts. Just cuz he did martial arts movies and was a pioneer he became an icon.

If you re trying to use this example to show that even if a fighter beats no1 hes worthy of one of the most dominant champ of all times its a total fail.

I repeat! Bruce Lee was considered one of martial arts biggest and best figures.

In case you didn't know, he founded many martial art styles. And why do you think he GOT the movies in the first place? Cause he sucked?

And your wording my argument completely wrong, probably on purpose. Again, I REPEAT! Just cause you don't have the names under your belt doesn't mean your NOT worthy. Got it now?

Otherwise, the "Fedor" chain begins.

You question who "This Fighter" has beaten (usually Fedor, in this case Diaz). But then, why stop there, you ask who have his opponents beaten, and who THEIR opponents ahve beaten. And eventually, you boil down all of MMA to no names, cans, failures, have beens, past their primes, ect. ect. ect.

Really, in trying to discredit Diaz, you make all of MMA look bad.

nah... just hate the Diaz brothers that much... I would much rather see someone who's earned the fight get the shot than some snot nosed ********... the title shot really should have been reserved for the winner of Condit/Kim...

WTF who had Kim beat to have deserved a shot? Nate Diaz? The lesser skilled of the two brothers? Makes sense.

Condit is more deserving of a title shot than Diaz. He's won his last four (UFC) fights. 4-1 in the big leagues' date=' and 12-1 in last 13. Not to mention Fitch as a worthy opponent. Six of GSP's last eight fights would, in most cases, beat diaz. shields, kos, alves, penn, fitch, hughes!!!! Come on Diaz believers, He hasn't faced an opponent like those guys since sherk beat him. Although i was impressed with the daley fight, it's not enough to secure a ufc title fight. Let him beat some good fighters first. I mean, KJ Noons took him to a decision that many thought Noons won. I thought it could've went either way. Not saying it's impossible for him to beat GSP, it's not, but if something drastic happens and he wins, GSP will get the rematch and get the title back. 9 of 10 times, GSP wins.

BTW, the other two of eight not mentioned.....Dan Hardy and Matt Serra! Both are tougher competition than Diaz is used to.[/quote']

Cocaine is a helluva drug.

In the last 2 years GSP has turned up with either a TD or a left jab, as well as the long serving reluctancy to be involved in any sort of real fight.

Is Diaz worthy, we will see... Though he is alot more suited style vs. style than the opponents sharing the cage with GSP over the last few years. Only an idiot would disagree.

I dont even think Diaz is going to do even as well as his mate Shields. Shields actually fought a pretty good fight against GSP. I think GSP is going to destroy Diaz' date=' its not even going to be a competition. Shields had a better chance of winning. Seeing what Daley just about did to Diaz and just about won that fight, if Daley had a better finishing ground game. GSP WILL have a ground game, Daley didnt.

Im surprised all of you think GSP is that bad a fighter. GSP has hospitalised himself AND everyone hes been in the octogon with. didnt you see what GSp did to all of his last opponents? Broke Koschecks cheek, Just about broke Dan Hardys arm. Has busted up everyone. I dotn knwo why you think GSP is such a *****. Hes friggin nasty.[/quote']

This +1000 Just because the guy fights in quite a safe way (which I think is very sensible) doesn't mean he can't **** people up! He Shattered Kos' orbital bone - been a while since Kos fought hasn't it?

Archived