BJ Penn vs Carlos Condit - Who will win and who do you want to win?

Shuberling

Historically Penn has had trouble with guys that are really tough, really agressive, and have no quit. If Condit breaks Penns spirit (And there is a good possibility of that), then he will finish Penn or make him quit.

I respect the heck out of Penn and his accomplishments. But I don't care to see him bothering the upper echelons of the sport anymore. he's easily capable, but he's too much of a Dr. Jeckyl and Mister hyde kind of fighter. Let someone who is ALWAYS motivated get up there.

I want Condit to win because he has a better shot against GSP than Penn but, like any other Penn fight, I have no clue who will win. It really depends on which Penn shows up. But I have to believe even if the best Penn does show up, Condit is just too hungry right now to be denied.

I love both guys as fighters and they matchup very well

Boxing - Penn

Muay Thai - Condit

Wrestling - Penn

BJJ - Penn

Cardio - Condit

This is going too be a great fight the biggest question i think is can Carlos handle BJ's hands he has never faced someone with the boxing skills BJ has and Condit isnt a dominant wrestler so i dont see him taking BJ down, i really foresee Penn winning but it would not surprise me at all if Condit pulls out the win.

Boxing - Penn

Muay Thai - Condit

Wrestling - Penn

BJJ - Penn

Cardio - Condit

Weight' date=' height and Reach - Condit[/b']

This is going too be a great fight the biggest question i think is can Carlos handle BJ's hands he has never faced someone with the boxing skills BJ has and Condit isnt a dominant wrestler so i dont see him taking BJ down, i really foresee Penn winning but it would not surprise me at all if Condit pulls out the win.

If Penn pulls this off and beats Condit, it will be amazing. Penn can do it.

Historically Penn has had trouble with guys that are really tough' date=' really agressive, and have no quit.[/b'] If Condit breaks Penns spirit (And there is a good possibility of that), then he will finish Penn or make him quit.

I respect the heck out of Penn and his accomplishments. But I don't care to see him bothering the upper echelons of the sport anymore. he's easily capable, but he's too much of a Dr. Jeckyl and Mister hyde kind of fighter. Let someone who is ALWAYS motivated get up there.

firstly who????? He struggled against edgar... but he totally dominated Sanchez and wore him down....

penn has lost to machida,GSP,Hughes,Edgar & pulver...everyone of them UFC champs...The only fighter who you can call "tough,really agressive & has no quit" is Edgar.

Oh & his last two fights he's beaten hughes & was unlucky to only get a draw with Fitch(who is obviously the next best WW behind GSP)

Boxing - Penn

Muay Thai - Condit

Wrestling - Penn

BJJ - Penn

Cardio - Condit

This is going too be a great fight the biggest question i think is can Carlos handle BJ's hands he has never faced someone with the boxing skills BJ has and Condit isnt a dominant wrestler so i dont see him taking BJ down' date=' i really foresee Penn winning but it would not surprise me at all if Condit pulls out the win.[/quote']

The reach advantage is going to play a huge factor in this fight.

If Condit is smart he will pepper Penn with the jab until he gets frustrated and comes in for the big shot. He will then likely counter with some nice shots or put Penn on his *** for some vicious GNP.

Wait for it. ;)

firstly who????? He struggled against edgar... but he totally dominated Sanchez and wore him down....

penn has lost to machida' date='GSP,Hughes,Edgar & pulver...everyone of them UFC champs...The only fighter who you can call "tough,really agressive & has no quit" is Edgar.

Oh & his last two fights he's beaten hughes & was unlucky to only get a draw with Fitch(who is obviously the next best WW behind GSP)[/quote']

Did you forget the beating Fitch was giving him? Thank God your boy was not in a five rounder or he be quittin again!:D

If Condit is smart he will pepper Penn with the jab until he gets frustrated and comes in for the big shot. He will then likely counter with some nice shots or put Penn on his *** for some vicious GNP.

Wait for it. ;)

if he tries to box with BJ he will get KO'd....

BJ has P4P best boxing in the UFC( Freddie Roach)

When you say shots i presume you're still talking stand up...??? Don't forget BJ has never even been rocked let alone put down- & he's faught Machida at Heavyweight....

Penn has an iron jaw & awesome boxing...Condits only chance is on the floor, & with BJs TDD he wont even have that chance...... Condit is like sanchez- made for Penn

Wait for it. ;)

I would not be surprised at all if BJ decides too use his superior ground game and take Carlos down early and often. That being said i dont think BJ is at a disadvantage on the feet.

yeah but it wasn't a 5round fight....& neither is the Condit fight... Also Condit is not as good(better to watch though) as Fitch...

True ^..... but I think Condit is better than Fitch at everything but wrestling. More dangerous everywhere. BJ won that fight with a good game plan.

I could see Penn winning but my odds are on Condit. It will be a good fight.

Historically Penn has had trouble with guys that are really tough' date=' really agressive, and have no quit[/b']. If Condit breaks Penns spirit (And there is a good possibility of that), then he will finish Penn or make him quit.

Yeah, because Diego Sanchez did so well against Penn. Breaking Penn has nothing to due with being aggressive and having no quit. When Penn quits, it's when he is fighting bigger, stronger fighters who can control him when he is on his back. His other losses were due to his oppenent being quicker and being more elusive. Penn has never had trouble with aggressive fighters.

Diego is the epitome of aggressive fighting. With BJ's countering ability, if Condit rushes in on BJ, he can expect the same results as Diego.

I do agree with you that Condit has the potential to break Penn. But it's because he is the bigger, stronger man. Not because he is aggressive.

Should be one hell of a fight though!!!

True ^..... but I think Condit is better than Fitch at everything but wrestling. More dangerous everywhere. BJ won that fight with a good game plan.

+1000 that is a fact could very well be a fight of the year candidate both have great striking and iron chins too match!

Yeah I agree with that.... but Fitchs wrestling is that good that he can get away with only having it....

Don't get me wrong I think Condit is tough, I just think BJ is a bad match for him- as BJ has such a good chin, better hands, great take down defence and great subs... the bigger guys can get him down and wear him down, edgar was quick and elusive but I just don't see how Condit can win it.

This is a tough fight to call.. I really like both fighters. I have been a fan of both for a long time. I gotta say I can't choose.. I gotta give it to Condit though by a slight mental edge. The other thing, I have no desire to see GSP/Penn 3. Unless GSP is not jumping out of a vat of Vaseline from in between rounds

Archived