Machida should've asked for Tito Ortiz money

JaredB

Machida's last fight against Randy Couture, coming off of 2 straight losses, he made $200,000, plus an extra $139,000. Ortiz's last fight against Ryan Bader, Ortiz was 0-4-1 since 2006, and he still made $450,000, just to show. That was down from his usual $500,000. The stupid thing, Bader made $20,000. I don't really care what he's accomplished in this sport as Dana White would probably say if confronted with this topic, they should get paid according to how well they've been doing recently. Sorry if this has already been posted a thousand times.

Machida's last fight against Randy Couture' date=' coming off of 2 straight losses, he made $200,000, plus an extra $139,000. Ortiz's last fight against Ryan Bader, Ortiz was 0-4-1 since 2006, and he still made $450,000, just to show. That was down from his usual $500,000. The stupid thing, Bader made $20,000. I don't really care what he's accomplished in this sport as Dana White would probably say if confronted with this topic, they should get paid according to how well they've been doing recently. Sorry if this has already been posted a thousand times.[/quote']

Whine when Machida has done anything close to what Tito has done for the sport.

Whine when Machida defends his title more than once (even though the first time was questionable even)

Whine when Machida can beat someone who is not fifty years old.

Whine when Machida mans up and fights someone that would have put him back into title contention.

Did you listen to a thing DW said at all, he thought that was going to be Tito's last fight as did many of you, that is why he got paid so well.

When Machida has done close to what Tito or Anderson has done, then he can ask for that kind of money, until they he needs to stfu and drink down some piss, thanks :D

Whine when Machida has done anything close to what Tito has done for the sport.

Whine when Machida defends his title more than once (even though the first time was questionable even)

Whine when Machida can beat someone who is not fifty years old.

Whine when Machida mans up and fights someone that would have put him back into title contention.

Did you listen to a thing DW said at all' date=' he thought that was going to be Tito's last fight as did many of you, that is why he got paid so well.

When Machida has done close to what Tito or Anderson has done, then he can ask for that kind of money, until they he needs to stfu and drink down some piss, thanks :D[/quote']

--Give Machida a chance, he's gotten the belt once..he'll get it again don't you sweat it

--We all like the jokes now don't we

--Machida has always been in title contention, even when he beat that bum in your avatar.,

So with that aside, Machida has actually offered something to the sport significant to what tito has offered---his Talent

because he's a bigger name than anyone in the sport except lesnar & Liddell..... that's why he gets paid.

Except LESNAR are you f*@king serious.

C'mon man GSP, Silva, BJ whether like them or hate them they have done more and are bigger for the sport than Lesnar

C'mon man GSP' date=' Silva, BJ whether like them or hate them they have done more and are bigger for the sport than Lesnar[/quote']

Agreed, but the amount of money you can be offered in a contract should be reciprocal to the amount of fans you can bring in. Lesnar draws the most fans, whether anyone likes it or not.

--Give Machida a chance' date=' he's gotten the belt once..he'll get it again don't you sweat it

--We all like the jokes now don't we

--Machida has always been in title contention, even when he beat that bum in your avatar.,

So with that aside, Machida has actually offered something to the sport significant to what tito has offered---his Talent[/quote']

I have no doubt Machida will get the belt again, but he has not currently and is coming off loses and a knockout of a fifty year old man (now before you say anything, Randy Couture was in his prime when he fought Tito).

Love jokes, look I do not dislike Machida but he has done anything close to as much for the sport as a Tito Ortiz or Anderson Silva.

Is he in there right now? No, did he take this fight? No so stop, Tito took it after just coming off a fight. I like Machida but he did not take any real damage in the Couture fight and he could have easily taken the fight and his camp or him turned it down. That says it all right there, Dana offered him the fight he wanted more money, Tito did not and is fighting a month after he just fought.

Thats the end of it man.

C'mon man GSP' date=' Silva, BJ whether like them or hate them they have done more and are bigger for the sport than Lesnar[/quote']

I was a fan long before Lesnar, I have been a fan since Tito started in the UFC.

But you can not say Lesnar did not have a big impact on the UFC, we brought over wrestling fans, love them or hate them it only helps the sport grow. He also is a big draw because so many want to see him get his *** handed too him or want him to suceed.

Did he do more for the sport than Liddell, Couture, Ortiz, Silva, GSP or BJ? NO.

So in essence I agree with you but I am also confirming that Lesnar did a big impact.

He has that affect on people either you love him or you hate him.

I believe he has very few in between.

The dudes got a glass jaw and was an over rated champ that for me turned the HW belt into a WWE belt. No way he shouldve been given the shot. Yeah he won but Brock is crap and anything else than laying his big frame on somebody for 15 minutes. Give him one on the jaw and it good night. WWE fans dont count IMO.

Tito's last fight he lost his ppv % bonus' date=' a significant cut in pay. Machida was probably asking for a similar ppv % as a silva which would be vastly more then what Tito was ever getting. A. Silva is either top paid or no.2 paid fighter behind Brock freaking lesnar :rolleyes:[/quote']

Good points. Anderson Silva money is out of the question, Anderson has done a lot more than Machida and deserves to be paid like he has. Machida needs to prove himself to be Anderson Silva caliber before he gets Anderson Silva money.

Maybe he should have asked to get Brock Lesnar money?

The dudes got a glass jaw and was an over rated champ that for me turned the HW belt into a WWE belt. No way he shouldve been given the shot. Yeah he won but Brock is crap and anything else than laying his big frame on somebody for 15 minutes. Give him one on the jaw and it good night. WWE fans dont count IMO.

lol..their money is just as green as the pure UFC, non WWE fan.

Brock Lesnar is not as bad as everyone makes him out to be though.

He said bigger names. Lesnar is a bigger name than Machida. It's a statistical fact that has no relevance to your judgement of skill. Brock Lesnar made big money for the UFC and drew permanent new viewers. Love him or hate him he actually did contribute to the explosion of attention to the UFC and MMA in general. That's why he gets paid big too. See a pattern?

Tito's last fight he lost his ppv % bonus' date=' a significant cut in pay. Machida was probably asking for a similar ppv % as a silva which would be vastly more then what Tito was ever getting. A. Silva is either top paid or no.2 paid fighter behind Brock freaking lesnar :rolleyes:[/quote']

^truth

Tito at his peak was pulling $1-$3 per PPV buy in a tiered structure based on # of buys

thats a huge paycut to lose that money

Machida's last fight against Randy Couture' date=' coming off of 2 straight losses, he made $200,000, plus an extra $139,000. Ortiz's last fight against Ryan Bader, Ortiz was 0-4-1 since 2006, and he still made $450,000, just to show. That was down from his usual $500,000. The stupid thing, Bader made $20,000. I don't really care what he's accomplished in this sport as Dana White would probably say if confronted with this topic, they should get paid according to how well they've been doing recently. Sorry if this has already been posted a thousand times.[/quote']

Yeah you are correct -

Archived