Georges 'Rush' St Pierre vs 'The Prodigy' BJ Penn III (3)

Shuberling

If these 2 had a 3rd matchup where the judging was done accurately and GSP doesn't grease this time and it is a 5 round fight' date=' title fight or no title fight, who would you take in a fair bout? Just curious.[/quote']

This would be another murder. GSP would make Penn look like an amateur..AGAIN

I'd be sad to see my favorite fighter get pwn3d by one of my least favorite fighters...... Again.

You never know, alot of people including myself thought BJ won the first fight. Then the 2nd fight, BJ only lost cause GSP cheated and greased. BJ stands a legit chance if GSP doesn't cheat again.

If these 2 had a 3rd matchup where the judging was done accurately and GSP doesn't grease this time and it is a 5 round fight' date=' title fight or no title fight, who would you take in a fair bout? Just curious.[/quote']

GSP would pound BJ into decision.

Imagine the Fitch Fight but over 5 rounds, that's how I see this fight going.

Penn just doesn't have enough discipline to overcome someone like GSP.

If BJ Penn was motivated to put on significant muscle mass and work his cardio up to an elite level, he could possibly destroy GSP. The only problem is, it's too much trouble for BJ and he'd rather coast on pure talent.

GSP, because whatever discipline Penn used to have is long gone.

A disciplined Penn would be a threat to the MW division.....GSP's potential is being maximized right now at WW.

You never know' date=' alot of people including myself thought BJ won the first fight. Then the 2nd fight, BJ only lost cause GSP cheated and greased. BJ stands a legit chance if GSP doesn't cheat again.[/quote']

That's true..

But GSP won the first fight.

You never know' date=' alot of people including myself thought BJ won the first fight. Then the 2nd fight, BJ only lost cause GSP cheated and greased. BJ stands a legit chance if GSP doesn't cheat again.[/quote']

Penn clearly didnt win the first fight...All the damage done to GSP was in the 1st round.Penn didnt do **** the last two rounds...and be quiet about the grease bs..GSP would destroy Penn again..Whoever thinks otherwise should just stop.

It should be 1-1 right now between Penn and GSP.

Penn won the first fight.

GSP would have won the second regardless of grease if there was any.

Now for people saying GSP wins the third fight easily...really?

Penn has been training his wrestling with Matt Hughes and he is only going to improve on that on top of his already great striking and BJJ.

BJ Penn is never an easy night for ANY ONE.

Penn would easily be the most dangerous fighter GSP has fought, again.

With GSPs only real advantages being wrestling and size, expect most of the fight to be the 180-185 lb guy laying on the 168 lb guy for the vast majority of 25 minutes.

That being said Bj always has a chance for a submission and if he can time GSP, knock him the **** out with a counter hook

Most stupid potential matchup ever.

We saw all that Penn could do to GSP in the last fight' date=' & he's already 0-2 against GSP. There's no need to see it again.[/quote']

He should be 1-1 and he is working on his wrestling with Matt Hughes improving his TDD and his takedowns. This would be a totally different fight the third time around and yes people would like to see this fight.

He should be 1-1 and he is working on his wrestling with Matt Hughes improving his TDD and his takedowns. This would be a totally different fight the third time around and yes people would like to see this fight.

he could work with Matt Hughes full time for years and not be able to stop GSP from taking him down.

Honestly, I'd rather see another rematch between Penn & Hughes. :P

I'm so tired of this argument. Where is your proof? Hearsay from BJ? Facts, sources or GTFO. Stop bashing the guy who destroyed BJ. What we should be talking about here is the fact that BJ ran his mouth before the fight saying that GSP was a quitter and that he would make him quit and he is the one who didn't come out for the 5th. Remember that...huh? Exactly. Have you watched the fight recently? I have.

Want an unbiased opinion from a guy who loves both fighters? BJ can't get with GSP period. I love BJ but he doesn't have the tools to defeat a guy like GSP who is so dynamic and the best take down wrestler in all of MMA.

Has GSP left something to be desired lately of course. If you don't like him fine but quit with all the fighter bashing, it's really old already.

I'm so tired of this argument. Where is your proof? Hearsay from BJ? Facts' date=' sources or GTFO. Stop bashing the guy who destroyed BJ. What we should be talking about here is the fact that BJ ran his mouth before the fight saying that GSP was a quitter and that he would make him quit and he is the one who didn't come out for the 5th. Remember that...huh? Exactly. Have you watched the fight recently? I have.

Want an unbiased opinion from a guy who loves both fighters? BJ can't get with GSP period. I love BJ but he doesn't have the tools to defeat a guy like GSP who is so dynamic and the best take down wrestler in all of MMA.

Has GSP left something to be desired lately of course. If you don't like him fine but quit with all the fighter bashing, it's really old already.[/quote']

I am also a guy who likes both fighters. Their first fight it was close but BJ won it in my opinion.

The second fight GSP would have won, grease or not, I do not think he did but who knows? actually who cares, he would have won anyways.

I believe with BJ training his wrestling his cardio will improve and his wrestling will get better.

BJ already had good TDD training his wrestling will only improve it further.

Are you serious? Really?

Damn fanboys are like herpes. You just can't get rid of them no matter what you throw at em.

Carlos is gonna smash him. Slow that hype train down buddy.

I'm so tired of this argument. Where is your proof? Hearsay from BJ? Facts' date=' sources or GTFO. Stop bashing the guy who destroyed BJ. What we should be talking about here is the fact that BJ ran his mouth before the fight saying that GSP was a quitter and that he would make him quit and he is the one who didn't come out for the 5th. Remember that...huh? Exactly. Have you watched the fight recently? I have.

Has GSP left something to be desired lately of course. If you don't like him fine but quit with all the [b']fighter bashing,[/b] it's really old already.

so your telling me he didnt grease? and that it isnt against the rules?

just making sure were clear because i dont want to bash someone over cheating, that would just be wrong

so your telling me he didnt grease? and that it isnt against the rules?

just making sure were clear because i dont want to bash someone over cheating' date=' that would just be wrong[/quote']

Yeah you got proof he did grease other then BJ's word? Sources, facts or like I said GTFO...

That's just something for everyone who doesn't like GSP to cry about and make excuses for BJ. Get over it GSP was the better man that night. Either come up with sources or facts or don't bother..

:rolleyes: There has never been a case of bad judging in the UFC right?

MMA fans are not MMA refs for a reason man.

A majority of MMA fans usually agree when there IS a bad decision. But most were pretty comfortable with the Penn/GSP verdict. ;)

A majority of MMA fans usually agree when there IS a bad decision. But most were pretty comfortable with the Penn/GSP verdict. ;)

Not really. Answer me this...who went to the hospital after the fight?

I am telling you that first fight was razor close and the third fight would be a lot better than the second. 1 was a classic and 3 would be a too.

BJ penn has the heart of lion. He would easily outclass georges in every facet of the game, he would stuff the takedowns and use his vastly superior boxing to bloody GSP, and in the virtually non existance chance that Georges does get a TD, Penn will use his world famous BJJ to sup george or sweep him and gain the dominant position/stand up.

BJ penn is a fighter and george is just an athlete. BJ should have won the last two fights, he was just cheated by the judges, then cheated by the idiot doctor. Even if GSP survived the first couple of rounds intact, there is no way he could keep up with penn, seeing as how BJ has incredible cardio and stamina owing to his underwater rock-sprints and Marv marinovitch inspired cardio programs.

BJ WINS via being better.

BJ penn has the heart of lion. He would easily outclass georges in every facet of the game' date=' he would stuff the takedowns and use his vastly superior boxing to bloody GSP, and in the virtually non existance chance that Georges does get a TD, Penn will use his world famous BJJ to sup george or sweep him and gain the dominant position/stand up.

BJ penn is a fighter and george is just an athlete. BJ should have won the last two fights, he was just cheated by the judges, then cheated by the idiot doctor. Even if GSP survived the first couple of rounds intact, there is no way he could keep up with penn, seeing as how BJ has incredible cardio and stamina owing to his underwater rock-sprints and Marv marinovitch inspired cardio programs.

BJ WINS via being better.[/quote']

DUDE not gonna talk about ur post but NICE AVI ****IN CNT WAIT FOR THE EP AND THE ALBUM**** YEA!!!! GOJIRA!!!

Oh you forgot he Knocked Matt Hughes the **** out! in like fifty seven seconds.

He's 2-3 in the welterweight division. He would be 2-4 without the 'majority draw' technicality.

KO'ing a past-his-prime Matt Hughes who hadn't had a serious opponent in 2 and a half years does not earn BJ a title shot. He's lucky it earned him a contendor fight with Fitch in the first place. If he beats Condit, He' should have to get through Fitch first too.

He's 2-3 in the welterweight division. He would be 2-4 without the 'majority draw' technicality.

KO'ing a past-his-prime Matt Hughes who hadn't had a serious opponent in 2 and a half years does not earn BJ a title shot. He's lucky it earned him a contendor fight with Fitch in the first place. If he beats Condit' date=' He' should have to get through Fitch first too.[/quote']

Are you kidding me? lol..this is absurd.

Archived