Biggest Cans UFC Put In to Pad Records

Ocforums

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lol....

At the time they were fighting back then they were not cans and you have to realize back then MMA did not have the selection is has today so of course compared to today you could call people cans but back then they were not.

mma still doesnt have a huge selection .. it was thin back then too .. but ufc built stars on purpose .. just like pride .. sean salmon or elvis shouldnt of been fighting the guys they did .. another good reason rankings are important .. why put a 100+ guy against a top 20 ??? oh yeah to see him get his *** whooped 99% of the time

I am wondering whether you deliberately chose to put a fighter that Bisping hasn't fought first. Or whether your actually stupid enough to spew misinformation.

I'll let everyone else decide

they are cans and bisping never fought salmon .. :eek:

mma still doesnt have a huge selection .. it was thin back then too .. but ufc built stars on purpose .. just like pride .. sean salmon or elvis shouldnt of been fighting the guys they did .. another good reason rankings are important .. why put a 100+ guy against a top 20 ??? oh yeah to see him get his *** whooped 99% of the time

lol...ok James Toney was a record padder I admit that. Even he knew he was going get his *** beat.

lol...ok James Toney was a record padder I admit that. Even he knew he was going get his *** beat.

Sooo what we are saying here is that when Roy Jones Jr. KTFOOOO James Toney, it meant nothing. Not to mention he did it with his hands behind his back mwahahah FAIIIIL!

Sooo what we are saying here is that when Roy Jones Jr. KTFOOOO James Toney' date=' it meant nothing. Not to mention he did it with his hands behind his back mwahahah FAIIIIL![/quote']

Please tell me your trolling me...I think you are but I will feed you anyways...

We are on a UFC forum, in the UFC section talking about MMA. I forgot

how specific I need to be with you. James Toney is a MMA Can.

Please tell me your trolling me...I think you are but I will feed you anyways...

We are on a UFC forum' date=' in the UFC section talking about MMA. I forgot

how specific I need to be with you. James Toney is a MMA Can.[/quote']

lol i wasnt being serious man, tho James Toney never belonged in mma in the first place so he shouldnt even be mentioned

just thought id bring it up lol if James Toney is a can, then that dimenishes the KO Junior scored. But all in all not meant to raise any eyebrows brah, gotta stop judging me man :cool::cool:

lol i wasnt being serious man' date=' tho James Toney never belonged in mma in the first place so he shouldnt even be mentioned

just thought id bring it up lol if James Toney is a can, then that dimenishes the KO Junior scored. But all in all not meant to raise any eyebrows brah, gotta stop judging me man :cool::cool:[/quote']

So you were trolling then, I was right wtf are you even talking about?

Do you know where you are right now?

So you were trolling then' date=' I was right wtf are you even talking about?

Do you know where you are right now?[/quote']

I wasnt, i pretty blatently said Toney doesnt even deserve mention when it comes to MMA. Other than that i only brought up the Jones Jr. fight nothing serious. Wat is it with you dawg? Chill brah

I was suppsoed to get Roy Jones Junior out of Junior really?

lol...thats just humurous.

have no idea how to reply to this so ill just nod...

*nods* :D

well u did bring up toney, he was a boxing champ. just boxing comes to mind when u bring up a boxer i guess ahahah

The only Junior I know is Junior Dos Santos' date=' thanks :D[/quote']

lol understandable, but God forbid i say this. Before i started watching MMA i was big into boxing but mostly because of Roy Jones Jr. Okay no more boxing discussion :D

lol understandable' date=' but God forbid i say this. Before i started watching MMA i was big into boxing but mostly because of Roy Jones Jr. Okay no more boxing discussion :D[/quote']

That is not a problem. I was just extremely confused to why you were bringing up James Toney's boxing fights when I was referring to him as an MMA Can...thats all.

I actually liked Boxing as well before the UFC...but once Tito Ortiz started fighting I was starting watching a lot more UFC.

That is not a problem. I was just extremely confused to why you were bringing up James Toney's boxing fights when I was referring to him as an MMA Can...thats all.

I actually liked Boxing as well before the UFC...but once Tito Ortiz started fighting I was starting watching a lot more UFC.

Well it seems you dont actually hate me then. Refreshing to know actually. I dont advise any boxer to try and take on an MMA fighter at all. Paul Williams is a guy that comes to mind when it comes to matching Jones's reach but it be best suited for him to face Bones ina boxing match, but Bones's boxing is not nearly good enough for him to take him on. So i guess no1 will ever match that mans length and size (no **** lol talking about his reach).

Question here is: When did you or how did you learn of Tito Ortiz?

My Pop actually showed me UFC when it first started and was watching it and I was like hey Pop what is this? He was like UFC (he did not know it was MMA at the time, a lot of people still think UFC is MMA) and I watched and I was interested and thought it was cool but my grandma did not like me watching it because it was very violent at the time. So we were watching it one night and bad this new guy Tito Ortiz comes in and kicks some serious ***.

I really liked him and it got me very interested in the sport because I could almost feel his passion for fighting in the way he fought and his actions. Just in general he seemed similar to me in a lot of ways and thats where it all began, so I have been a Tito fan forever...through good times and bad I always will be.

Sorry about the novel length post just giving you the background information.

Jason Reinhardt - ironically enough this guy trains in my hometown so I hate to say it, but he hasn't lasted even 3 min in the two fights he's been in. They still keep giving him fights tho...so let's see.

Rolles Gracie....anybody remember this guy??? Believe me. He was put in their to pad records, because if he wasn't than the guy who scouted him should be fired, or they should never allow another Gracie to get into the Octagon based upon word of mouth from other Gracie members or name.

Also my opinion on boxers coming to UFC for freak show fights or UFC fighters going over to boxing for freak show fights is that they are going to get their *** kicked.

Boxers will get their *** kicked in UFC

UFC fighters will get their *** kicked in Boxing.

They are two different sports as Dana has said many times.

I mean a select few may be able to but its a very slim list if anyone is on that list.

My Pop actually showed me UFC when it first started and was watching it and I was like hey Pop what is this? He was like UFC (he did not know it was MMA at the time' date=' a lot of people still think UFC is MMA)[/b'] and I watched and I was interested and thought it was cool but my grandma did not like me watching it because it was very violent at the time. So we were watching it one night and bad this new guy Tito Ortiz comes in and kicks some serious ***.

I really liked him and it got me very interested in the sport because I could almost feel his passion for fighting in the way he fought and his actions. Just in general he seemed similar to me in a lot of ways and thats where it all began, so I have been a Tito fan forever...through good times and bad I always will be.

Sorry about the novel length post just giving you the background information.

Say what????? you make no sense there? If UFC isn't MMA than what is it??

My Pop actually showed me UFC when it first started and was watching it and I was like hey Pop what is this? He was like UFC (he did not know it was MMA at the time' date=' a lot of people still think UFC is MMA) and I watched and I was interested and thought it was cool but my grandma did not like me watching it because it was very violent at the time. So we were watching it one night and bad this new guy Tito Ortiz comes in and kicks some serious ***.

Sorry about the novel length post just giving you the background information.[/quote']

Hey i asked bro? Great story i got into MMA when Boxing became boring and Junior became irrelevant in the boxing world lmao. Then i saw this guy Rampage, who reminded me alot of Junior knock out some bald guy (Wandy) then i started researching more about the subject and brushing up on everything including The Ultimate fighter season 1 with Leben and such. I saw the highlight of Page watching spike one day (Ultimate knockouts) after watching that **** i was hooked. Then i became a fan of guys like Franklin and KOS. hahah interesting cast.

Hey i asked bro? Great story i got into MMA when Boxing became boring and Junior became irrelevant in the boxing world lmao. Then i saw this guy Rampage' date=' who reminded me alot of Junior knock out some bald guy (Wandy) then i started researching more about the subject and brushing up on everything including The Ultimate fighter season 1 with Leben and such. I saw the highlight of Page watching spike one day (Ultimate knockouts) after watching that **** i was hooked. Then i became a fan of guys like Franklin and KOS. hahah interesting cast.[/quote']

Franklin I can see, but I can not see why on Kos care to explain?

Because I really liked Leben that season and i thought kos was a **** hole.

With the massive history of upsets in the UFC, it's hard to say the word can should be used for anyone. Also, once they lose a few too many they are out of the UFC. No one is hanging around racking up a 2-12 record in the UFC.

Franklin I can see' date=' but I can not see why on Kos care to explain?

Because I really liked Leben that season and i thought kos was a **** hole.[/quote']

IDK something about KOS has always won me over, his credentials in wrestling are so amazing. He went 42-0 seriously thought he should be in the wwe haha. (maybe that his personality and wrestling pedigree may be it, ive always been a huge fan of the wwe since i was born) Bret Hart was my idol, so KOS just reminded me of a wwe wrestler with all the smack talk and frustration he caused between the cast. : p

IDK something about KOS has always won me over' date=' his credentials in wrestling are so amazing. He went 42-0 seriously thought he should be in the wwe haha. (maybe that his personality and wrestling pedigree may be it, ive always been a huge fan of the wwe since i was born) Bret Hart was my idol, so KOS just reminded me of a wwe wrestler with all the smack talk and frustration he caused between the cast. : p[/quote']

Thats fair, I just never liked him to be honest.

Thats fair' date=' I just never liked him to be honest.[/quote']

it's easy to dislike him, but he has evolved as an MMA fighter over the years and is certainly a finisher. OF coursse im flamed for this as well, but im also a huge fan of Mir (also one of my earliest favs lmao hated when Vera farked him up lol)

it's easy to dislike him' date=' but he has evolved as an MMA fighter over the years and is certainly a finisher. OF coursse im flamed for this as well, but im also a huge fan of Mir (also one of my earliest favs lmao hated when Vera farked him up lol)[/quote']

yes Aloe Vera did lol....but can not hate too badly on Mir, He speaks well but does get pretty roughed up when he faces top level guys.

yes Aloe Vera did lol....but can not hate too badly on Mir' date=' He speaks well but does get pretty roughed up when he faces top level guys.[/quote']

Omg my heart sunk when i saw Mir vs Carwin, i turned off the cpu and went to sleep. lmao much like Mir '; D

Omg my heart sunk when i saw Mir vs Carwin' date=' i turned off the cpu and went to sleep. lmao much like Mir '; D[/quote']

I saw the uppercuts coming and I like Mir do not get up on the cage with him.

I wanted Mir to win but he made a very vital error and he obviously paid for it.

He ever said he messed up by doing that after he regained consciousness of course.

I saw the uppercuts coming and I like Mir do not get up on the cage with him.

I wanted Mir to win but he made a very vital error and he obviously paid for it.

He ever said he messed up by doing that after he regained consciousness of course.

He tried to wrestle an All american wrestler....Not sure what he was thinking, tho in his 2nd fight with Brock his muy-tai looked really good lol till he fell on his booty. :D

lol understandable' date=' but God forbid i say this. Before i started watching MMA i was big into boxing but mostly because of Roy Jones Jr. Okay no more boxing discussion :D[/quote']

You can talk boxing if you want to. I have never seen an MMA fight that was as great as the greatest boxing fights! And I like MMA!!!

Archived