Is Randy Couture, the Brett Favre of the UFC?

TeamPunishmentMVP

I never made that connection but yeah pretty much. In a good way.

Except Randy never tarnished his reputation either as an athlete or personally.

Let's just hope he never sexts pics of himself to Megan Olivi or Karyn Bryant.

lol....! Have you seen the girl Favre was "sexting", Good lord she was hot.

Anyways I agree he is a legend and I like his comebacks.

lol....! Have you seen the girl Favre was "sexting"' date=' Good lord she was hot.

Anyways I agree he is a legend and I like his comebacks.[/quote']

Jenn Sterger... I think I could have mustered up the mental fortitude to keep in my pants.

Erin Andrews of ESPN... That's just too much temptation. I couldn't get enough of that keyhole peeping video.

being on Machida's high-light reel has left a bad taste in his mouth' date='

... he needs to stay retired -[/quote']

At least he doesn't deep his feet in pee or that would have been an awful taste in Couture's mouth. But lets been honest here Lyoto is or should be one of the top guys.

If randy wanted to he could fight mid-tier competition in LHW or HW and win still I think.

He only fought top competition with a few exceptions like Toney and old man Coleman.

And after his comback fight with Tim Sylvia, his level of competition only increased, then ended his career in the most stacked and talented division in the sport and fought possibly the #2 or #3 guy at the time.

Let's put it this way. MJ is considered the "Greatest." Randy and he are the same age. Where the has Michael Jordan been the past decade. And his sport never involved other guys trying to bash his head in.

He'll never get the respect becuase MMA is still not a mainstream sport, but he is one of the most talented athletes ever.

He only fought top competition with a few exceptions like Toney and old man Coleman.

And after his comback fight with Tim Sylvia' date=' his level of competition only increased, then ended his career in the most stacked and talented division in the sport and fought possibly the #2 or #3 guy at the time.

Let's put it this way. MJ is considered the "Greatest." Randy and he are the same age. Where the has Michael Jordan been the past decade. And his sport never involved other guys trying to bash his head in.

He'll never get the respect becuase MMA is still not a mainstream sport, but he is one of the most talented athletes ever.[/quote']

The reason you can have a 46 year old MMA fighter but not a 46 year old basketball player? Either weak competition or steroids. Basketball players are in their prime in their 20's. The reason MMA fighters can stick around is because there aren't many MMA fighters who took up the sport in their teens and hit their prime in their early 20's.

imo favre wasn't on coutures level. No disrespect. But as physically demanding as MMA is' date=' in his last fight he was a month away from 48... Heck he was even fighting for a title against lesnar not that long ago.[/quote']

Favre had 16 fights a year for 20 years!!

Favre had 16 fights a year for 20 years!!

he also has the most interceptions in the NFL's history. Please, it's not like playing QB is the most physically demanding position. You get banged up, but not demanding. Look at Peyton, (who's considered a better player in the all-time best NFL players, than Favre.. Already), Peyton doesn't even need to run. On sports science they rated Coutures body in the shape of a mid 20's man in top shape.

ill try and find the link. still looking lol.

he also has the most interceptions in the NFL's history. Please' date=' it's not like playing QB is the most physically demanding position. You get banged up, but not demanding. Look at Peyton, (who's considered a better player in the all-time best NFL players, than Favre.. Already), Peyton doesn't even need to run. On sports science they rated Coutures body in the shape of a mid 20's man in top shape.

ill try and find the link. still looking lol.[/quote']

In the Nfc championship game between New Orleans and Minnesota Favre took as brutal a beating as any MMA fighter! Quarterbacks have to stand there and take hits over and over when they are trying to complete passes. Inagine if Brock had a 10 yard running start before he hit Couture.

In the Nfc championship game between New Orleans and Minnesota Favre took as brutal a beating as any MMA fighter! Quarterbacks have to stand there and take hits over and over when they are trying to complete passes. Inagine if Brock had a 10 yard running start before he hit Couture.

Imagine if Favre got punched in the face by Chuck Liddell, vitor belfort, brock lesnar, josh barnett, tim sylvia, gonzaga, big nog, vera, coleman, superkicked by machida. Imagine.

Imagine if Favre got punched in the face by Chuck Liddell' date=' vitor belfort, brock lesnar, josh barnett, tim sylvia, gonzaga, big nog, vera, coleman, superkicked by machida. Imagine.[/quote']

Imagine a 46 year old football player, basketball player, hockey player, baseball player, etc. etc, etc, MMA- must be steroids or weak competition!

At least he doesn't deep his feet in pee or that would have been an awful taste in Couture's mouth. But lets been honest here Lyoto is or should be one of the top guys.

If randy wanted to he could fight mid-tier competition in LHW or HW and win still I think.

Lol, that might actually be a really effective strategy.

Archived