So I'm Going To Attempt Creating A Rugby League.

I'm trying to start a rugby league , but the catch is I'm in Florida and not just that in the suburbs of Fort Myers , I'll only be here for a year then I'm heading out to San Jose but I have played football a bit in my life to some decent success and I wanted to play some rugby before I go.

I guess I'm just asking for any ideas , tips , suggestions... On how to encourage and congregate enough people , teams and for them to actually show up and want to play...Also for them not to just say " I'd rather play football " because I'd rather give rugby some time , seems like awesome fun just trying to cut loose before I'm training full time.

Anyways , if anyone contributes to this uninteresting thread it would be highly appreciated.

sounds like a good idea ;) didn't think rugby was popular across the pond though??

It's played , definitely not popular enough though.

I never liked football despite being pretty good at it , I played running back first string for a while. Too much structure , it felt forced where Rugby seems very lucid and a hell a of a better time , with a lot more interactions , aggression and activity.

I think I actually found a teams close enough but I can't ever be too sure , so forming teams is worth it nonetheless to me.

It's played ' date=' definitely not popular enough though.

I never liked football despite being pretty good at it , I played running back first string for a while. Too much structure , it felt forced where Rugby seems very lucid and a hell a of a better time , with a lot more interactions , aggression and activity.

I think I actually found a teams close enough but I can't ever be too sure , so forming teams is worth it nonetheless to me.[/quote']

if I had some tips or ideas I'd give them to you, really not sure how you would go about it though, good luck anyway ;) sorry I couldn't be much of a help

if I had some tips or ideas I'd give them to you' date=' really not sure how you would go about it though, good luck anyway ;) sorry I couldn't be much of a help[/quote']

You helped the thread stay at the top so it would be viewed more greatening my chances for help ;)

I'm not sure , though I guess if I have to I'll be brash and abrasive if need be and see where that gets me.

Check into the team 20 or so miles away see if I can tryout/join that team if calls for it.

Rugby League is way better than Rugby Union. I'm from Brisbane Australia so we have the best club, state, and national Rugby League teams in the world. We are also the current Super Rugby Champions and close to having the best national team (I'm sure the NZ All Blacks would disagree). Fact is, we have more world records, world champions, and Olympic gold medalists per capita here than anywhere else in the world. The climate, weather and geography is as good as it gets and so are we.

Rugby League is way better than Rugby Union. I'm from Brisbane Australia so we have the best club' date=' state, and national Rugby League teams in the world. We are also the current Super Rugby Champions and close to having the best national team (I'm sure the NZ All Blacks would disagree). Fact is, we have more world records, world champions, and Olympic gold medalists per capita here than anywhere else in the world. The climate, weather and geography is as good as it gets and so are we.[/quote']

I could say the same for my country pertaining to many sports, the fact of the matter is I don't really care about the general as much as the individual and I am a bit bummed how America doesn't pick up on Rugby it may be my second or third favorite sport if you consider MMA, Boxing and Wrestling mainstream sports.

Still, I wish people were more inclined to try something new as I think they should be.

Archived