Who Here Actually Trains ?

sliverr

Just wana get a feel of who here actually knows what there talking about or if their just keyboard warriors/ critics. And if you do train what styles and what gym ?

I for one train submission wrestling and boxing/muay thai at the only Hayabusa gym in the world.. always weird to think they only have one gym for how popular they are.

Intrested to hear feed back

i train ufc.

Haha was waiting for someone to bust that one out. But to the guy training in Utah whats the training enviroment like down there ? Any pro champs or really good training mentors ? One of my coaches are Ryan Jimmo MFC champion. People like Hermes Franca and Marcus Davis have fought in that orginization kinda cool

Hand rises.

I haven't in the past year and half a broke my shoulder and separated it' date=' so I am on hiatus. I am still coaching wrestling though.[/quote']

Nothing wrong with that. My buddy popped his shoulder out now he cant train anymore so i feel for him. I got tons of respect for anyone that trains wrestling let alone coaches people

Haha was waiting for someone to bust that one out. But to the guy training in Utah whats the training enviroment like down there ? Any pro champs or really good training mentors ? One of my coaches are Ryan Jimmo MFC champion. People like Hermes Franca and Marcus Davis have fought in that orginization kinda cool

It's a great environment down here, there's no guys that consider themselves a major bad*** that can kick your ***. Court McGee used to train here, same with Ramsey Nijem. Josh Burkman.

It's a great environment down here' date=' there's no guys that consider themselves a major bad*** that can kick your ***. Court McGee used to train here, same with Ramsey Nijem. Josh Burkman.[/quote']

The people that show up at the gym like that usually get the least respect and ragged on even if they are talented. Really thats badazz man its always cool knowing people that have made it into the big leagues trained at your gym,

The people that show up at the gym like that usually get the least respect and ragged on even if they are talented. Really thats badazz man its always cool knowing people that have made it into the big leagues trained at your gym' date='[/quote']

Thanks bro, and yeah that's true but there is no one here that thinks they're better than anyone. I've only been training since January, but the people are very encouraging and helpful, it's great!

I don't train. I am a keyboard warrior. I played soccer in college though. Just division II nothing big time. As soon as I land a good job, I am going to start training BJJ though...I understand that soccer translates well to MMA somehow. Many people don't know but a lot of soccer players end up fighting: Kenny Florian, Jose Aldo, Paulo Fihlo, and more. I believe Anderson plays soccer too. Also, you'll notice all those guys are exceptional kickers...

I don't train. I am a keyboard warrior. I played soccer in college though. Just division II nothing big time. As soon as I land a good job' date=' I am going to start training BJJ though...I understand that soccer translates well to MMA somehow. Many people don't know but a lot of soccer players end up fighting: Kenny Florian, Jose Aldo, Paulo Fihlo, and more. I believe Anderson plays soccer too. Also, you'll notice all those guys are exceptional kickers...[/quote']

A lot of Brazillian fighters, if not all, will have played a lot of football when they were younger, same with european countries.

It helps a lot with footwork and the speed and power in which you kick.

Until about 2 years ago I trained submission wrestling regularly and for quite a long time. Too many injuries and getting to old for that shiz so I hung it up. Though some of the younger guys I trained with lure me back to see if the can beat me yet....they can't hah.

Did judo, boxing and wrestling in my youth.

I used to train and have wrestled since high school. When I was young my Mom got me involved in Karate and Judo. That transitioned into some BJJ and then into wrestling. I think the BJJ made me a better more technical wrestler with a better feel for what my opponent was going to do. I would have to agree with Rogan that wrestling is the best base in MMA. Alas I have gotten married now and have to work all the time, have become lazy and only want to fish and watch fights anymore. Such is life enjoy it while you're young gents!

Well considering i'm only in highschool i can't cage fight yet because of age but I wrestle at my highschool and train for boxing at the police academy and do jujitsu and jo sun kings ju jitsu in NC.. I'm also going into the marines this year when i graduate then if I make it out i'm going to try and become a all the time fighter

BJJ for 3 years and Kickboxing for 4 years. Next week will be my 17th amateur kickboxing fight. I'm pretty scared lol because the guy that i'm fighting is a beast. I've also competed in BJJ tournaments. I've won a couple of them but also lost some. It's actually really hard to learn kickboxing and BJJ because i also have to atend school so it's pretty hard to stay focused and go to each practice.

You don't have to train to have knowledge of MMA or Boxing. If you watch enough of it you will gain lots of knowledge. Training is great, but I would think that a 50 year old person who has watched boxing and MMA for years probably knows more then an 18 year old kid who has been training for a few years.

You don't have to train to have knowledge of MMA or Boxing. If you watch enough of it you will gain lots of knowledge. Training is great' date=' but I would think that a 50 year old person who has watched boxing and MMA for years probably knows more then an 18 year old kid who has been training for a few years.[/quote']

This is false^^. Being entrenched in a sport is a whole different experience than watching. For instance, a pure fan has no idea what its like to get punched in the face. A kid who has been practicing boxing for month does.

This is false^^. Being entrenched in a sport is a whole different experience than watching. For instance' date=' a pure fan has no idea what its like to get punched in the face. A kid who has been practicing boxing for month does.[/quote']

Just because you don;t train doesn't mean you've never been hit. If you watch amatuer boxing or amatuer MMA, at least half those guys don't have a clue!

I've been training various striking styles since I was 5 yrs old' date=' and have some BJJ experience. However I am no expert as you can see by my bet record lol :P but [b']I get so intense when watching a live fight that rounds go past in what seems like seconds[/b].

I've got that same damn problem! I remember watching Penn/Sanchez and thinking that the damn timer was broken.:D

I've got that same damn problem! I remember watching Penn/Sanchez and thinking that the damn timer was broken.:D

yeah lol, but if the fight's not live i can't help but want to skip forwards a few seconds constantly because i can't wait to see what happens and it makes the fight seem to take forever.

It really annoys me sometimes. that's why any fight i have an interest in i must watch live, because even if i don't know the results i gotta know now lol.

Blue Belt in BJJ, trying to train consistently, but as one of the guys above me said, being in school its hard. Do MMA at my gym as well, but would like toi eventually start some pure striking, probably Kickboxing. But I'm hpoing to join the police, which is good, as it will give me the opportunity to have time to train (as well as some BJJ on criminals :P)

i have been training Boxing for 7 years, Muay thai for 3 years(since i got into MMA)

Attend a weekly MMA class taught my Al-Turk

Jiu Jitsu for 4 years(since i saw lethal weapon :) ) i have come 4th and 3rd in the south west UK regional openweight BJJ tournaments i lost to a Roger Gracie student and since then so just over a year now i have been training at the Roger Gracie academy in London and when i finish my university studies, if i can not get a job in the field i want i will look to MMA professionally.

Amateur MMA as in competition with other gyms, i am 9 wins 1 loss and Thai Boxing i have an amateur record of 6 wins 0 losses.

• 2 weeks later...

51 years old. 3miles farmers walk 40 degree angle ,50 knee grab setups, 30 min muay thai shadow boxing,5 min jump rope weighted, 20 jump squats, 1 set of dead lifts and squats. 15 min on the bag trying to tear it down. I am better shape now then when I graduated Parris Island 13 out of a hundred!

I hope this qualifies for me to at least open my mouth! I love MMA and UFC. I believe it

is the greatest sport in the world!

51 years old. 3miles farmers walk 40 degree angle ' date='50 knee grab setups, 30 min muay thai shadow boxing,5 min jump rope weighted, 20 jump squats, 1 set of dead lifts and squats. 15 min on the bag trying to tear it down. I am better shape now then when I graduated Parris Island 13 out of a hundred!

I hope this qualifies for me to at least open my mouth! I love MMA and UFC. I believe it

is the greatest sport in the world![/quote']

That's great

Just wana get a feel of who here actually knows what there talking about or if their just keyboard warriors/ critics. And if you do train what styles and what gym ?

I for one train submission wrestling and boxing/muay thai at the only Hayabusa gym in the world.. always weird to think they only have one gym for how popular they are.

Intrested to hear feed back

made a similar thread earlier asking what sort of mma/belts people have.

used to do bjj now do judo here.

51 years old. 3miles farmers walk 40 degree angle ' date='50 knee grab setups, 30 min muay thai shadow boxing,5 min jump rope weighted, 20 jump squats, 1 set of dead lifts and squats. 15 min on the bag trying to tear it down. I am better shape now then when I graduated Parris Island 13 out of a hundred!

is the greatest sport in the world![/quote']

Old man power.

Archived