What Are Your best Sparring Sessions

One_Winner

One time I was sock 'em bopping with a friend, hit him with a double jab, a straight punch and a hook to the body. Made him spit out his Guiness. Then we went to the mat (er carpet) and I proceeded get mounted and choked. When someone outweighs you by 40 pounds and your last name isn't Gracie, don't go to the ground with them.

I like the sparring matches where I hit them enough times to where they're scared to even try. I'm fast as lightning, not the strongest guy... Also, I'm really hard to land a punch on. This tends to scare people away, then I just bullrush. :D

I do **** in sparring. I flinch so much :(

LOL' date=' have you only just begun?

I like the sparring matches where I hit them enough times to where they're scared to even try. I'm fast as lightning, not the strongest guy... Also, I'm really hard to land a punch on. This tends to scare people away, then I just bullrush. :D

What do you train in and how long? Lightning hand speed normally doesnt come for a good while.

I love sparring. But usually we get the main guys up, and the other students rotate so that they remain fresh, but we have to spar hard for 30 minutes straight :( it's a good feeling though when you notice the longer amounts of time you can spar for as you get fitter. Standup though. Rolling sucks as the coach makes us constantly work for positions etc which I find more exhausting then striking.

LOL' date=' have you only just begun?[/quote']

No no, I've been training for almost 2 years now and I still struggle to take a punch although, just about half an hour ago, I may have worked a way to take punches alot better thanks to the LW Hawaiian king BJ Penn :D

I've had 2 fights, lost 1 the other was a draw, both were only amature if you wanted to know. And tbh both were arguable wins for me, but then again I'm biased, lol.

No no' date=' I've been training for almost 2 years now and I still struggle to take a punch although, just about half an hour ago, I may have worked a way to take punches alot better thanks to the LW Hawaiian king BJ Penn :D

I've had 2 fights, lost 1 the other was a draw, both were only amature if you wanted to know. And tbh both were arguable wins for me, but then again I'm biased, lol.[/quote']

Brock Lesnar^^^^^:eek:

i dont train a striking martial art but i do train bjj

and once i caught this brown belt (should be black) who always taps the ish out of me

but a couple of weeks ago i caught him in a beautyfull kimura sweep from half gaurd bottom to half gaurd top butt he swept me and we ended up in my gaurd while all the time i kept holding on to the kimura and after a little struggle i managed to submit him with it

nobody tapped me that day i went home thinking i was such a bada..

little did i know he let me :D

One time I was sock 'em bopping with a friend' date=' hit him with a double jab, a straight punch and a hook to the body. Made him spit out his Guiness. Then we went to the mat (er carpet) and I proceeded get mounted and choked. When someone outweighs you by 40 pounds and your last name isn't Gracie, don't go to the ground with them.[/quote']

^^ Yep' date=' weight makes alot more difference in grappling than in boxing. Its really hard against someone way heavier than you to throw him around.[/quote']

I outgrapple my 220 lbs brother and I weigh about 170. He's also more physically solid than I am (competed in bodybuilding).

I've got some good trips though, most of the time when people go for takedown I just shift out the way and trip them over my leg, as long as they're anything smaller than 240-50 and don't know much grappling :)

No no' date=' I've been training for almost 2 years now and I still struggle to take a punch although, just about half an hour ago, I may have worked a way to take punches alot better thanks to the LW Hawaiian king BJ Penn :D

I've had 2 fights, lost 1 the other was a draw, both were only amature if you wanted to know. And tbh both were arguable wins for me, but then again I'm biased, lol.[/quote']

What does BJ do that you weren't doing??

What does BJ do that you weren't doing??

Ever noticed while Buffer is talking that BJ is slapping the **** out of his own face? Apparently from what I've heard, it gets you used to a few hard hits from yourself so it'll help get you started, plus apparently it opens up the paws in your skin or sumin which helps take punches. I've tried it, I smack myself on the jaw a few times and it gets me focused and ready to take punches, lol.

Ever noticed while Buffer is talking that BJ is slapping the **** out of his own face? Apparently from what I've heard' date=' it gets you used to a few hard hits from yourself so it'll help get you started, plus apparently it opens up the paws in your skin or sumin which helps take punches. I've tried it, I smack myself on the jaw a few times and it gets me focused and ready to take punches, lol.[/quote']

Oh yh, Guida's brother does that to Clay. Fedor kindof does it too :)

I was sparring in jits against a dude alot bigger than me. He went right for the double leg and dropped me on my back. Spent most of his time in gaurd but ended up sitting in side control but wasnt able to get mount. After 3 minutes of being on my back I ended up shrimping over and grabbing on of his legs. I drove it and turned the corner and landed in side control and mounted him. I captured the arm bar but when i turned for it slipped off due to him not having a gi and being sweaty as hell. The time ended but it was one of my most badass comebacks.

Archived